Colonia Essenza 2010Eau de Cologne

Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma
Bottle Design Acqua di Parma
Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2010. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée)

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Orange, Bergamot, Mandarin orange, Grapefruit, Neroli, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesRosemary, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Jasmine, Clove
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Patchouli, White musk, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.09.2020.

The gas station smell
Without being disparaging - unfortunately the smell reminds me of a typical gas station toilet
However, I do not want to criticize the quality
A great Italian fragrance
Unfortunately, it doesn't smell as intoxicating
But maybe I always went to the wrong gas station and my nose is deceiving me ;)
Fr3yA
Pure nostalgia, a classic!
Colonia Essenza was a blind purchase for my husband, he wanted an everyday scent that not everyone has and now he's leaving for the summer. After a little research we came to Acqua di Parma, there we already tested some fragrances that we liked very much and online we found really good offers.

Finally the day came, we were both very excited! After the first sprayer I immediately had a flashback to my grandpa!!! Don't get it wrong, in the best way, to be wonderfully reminded of my grandpa, who passed away almost exactly 20 years ago! Unbelievable how scents can be memorized and immediately bring back memories.
The fragrance then also develops very quickly in another direction but the opening notes were nostalgia pure.
My husband - who liked the scent very much - was immediately insecure, he does not want to smell like a grandfather :) It was only the first few seconds and we know that Aqua di Parma makes classic scents and is the origin of Colonia 1918. So it fits together very well.

I immediately inquired about my grandpa's fragrance, it was Tabac Original and indeed, the top notes are very similar with neroli, citrus notes and petitgrain!
Afterwards Aqua di Parma Essenza becomes creamy and stays fresh the whole time. I don't want to scare anybody away by my association, it doesn't seem old-fashioned to me, but rather classic, or the original reinterpreted.

Conclusion: I love this scent! It's a classic Not necessarily suitable for people who always want the latest or the latest trend.
I am happy to be reminded of my grandpa and my husband has got used to it by now and enjoys his new classic everyday scent :)

SpicyDice
Sun cream to spray (without UV protection)
From Acqua di Parma I only knew the oud, but it was a bit too pungent in my nose. Now I am looking for a summery scent, of which I simply have too few in my collection.

The notes looked masculine and summery to me, so I ordered a sample of them.
Right after spraying it on, I thought to myself, sunscreen! The citric notes in combination with the lily of the valley and the rose probably result in exactly this citric-floral scent that I know from sun cream.

Of course, one associates the scent of sunscreen with summer, since it is mostly used in summer when you lie on the beach in the sun.

In itself a pleasant fragrance that men and women can wear in summer. Tendally I see it rather with men because of the very discreet amber note, but a self-confident woman will definitely get away with it ;)! The durability is quite good for a fresh scent and it projects quite okay in a medium distance, of course it's not a room filler, but it's not an intimate projection either, just something in between.

Colonia Essenza (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• ACQUA DI PARMA COLONIA ESSENZA •

I recently tried Colonia Oud as my first Acqua Di Parma, I went in with high expectations and left a bit dissappointed. This time around my expectations were lowered and I had a much better time with Colonia Essenza.

Essenza opens with a very bright and sharp citrus accord. There's a distinct neroli and orange scent, but it has a tartness closer to lemon. That initial sharpness does fade away quickly and almost instantly this does what I expected it to do; become a fresh, masculine, aftershave/cologne style fragrance. It's incredibly smooth and I'd say more classy than the Colonia Oud.
As expected, the citrus becomes more of a background accord in the drydown, where a musky and soapy vetiver scent becomes more prominent, giving this it's clean 'fresh out of the shower' connection. There's a hint of neroli and zestiness left to save it from becoming too bland, but the drydown isn't as nice as the opening. This is more the nature of the beast with the style of fragrance than it's a negative comment on Colonia Essenza.

Performance is good for a freshy. It doesn't blow my mind, but I'm pretty sure this is better value for your money than Tom Ford's Neroli Portefino is (although I haven't tried the Forte flanker). Colonia Essenza does not make me regret my purchase of Bvlgari's excellent Wood Neroli. Colonia Oud has a bit more depth and masculinity than Wood Neroli, where Wood Neroli tries to hold on to the citrus opening more than turning into an aftershave style fragrance. Performance on both are equally decent, so at the lower pricepoint the Bvlgari is a great alternative. I do recommend everyone trying Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza though, as it does exactly what it sets out to do, without any flaws I can detect •

Please follow my IG @Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography.
Il Nobile
If you have a penchant for fragrances, you will inevitably come into contact with the Acqua di Parma brand - usually during a holiday in bella Italia at the latest. And then often the absolute classic, namely the Colonia, is the "entry drug" to further variants. That was the case with me, too, until I saw this black bottle sometime, which, however, with the inscription Colonia Essenza, suggested a stronger flanker than a complete independence. And so it happened that various representatives of the brown- and blue-colored bottles of the same brand first came to me before I paid even closer attention to the black one.

As I said, I only expected a higher tightness of the chained elements. But only 30 seconds after the start of the test it was clear that something was coming through the sprayer, which can't deny a vague relationship with the original Colonia, but in reality is quite different.

The start is incredibly fruity, at first almost a bit too much, which was the result of some tropical fruits pelting into me. I smell lemon, orange and mandarin, and I really smell the full program. After a few minutes this arrangement has settled and leaves a fresh fruity impression. So far so good. In contrast to the "normal" Colonia, I find that, starting with the heart note, the differences become greater. Quite positive, I think. The fruity carpet is given a soft shell, owed to the flowery echoes that blend in. Lily of the valley and rose, so it says in the pyramid, I also mean to hear a trace of Iris, but so be it.

But the momentum that fascinates me comes to the fore with the base note. For where the normal Colonia adds a few woody notes to its fruity base and ends rather cautiously, the Essenza becomes really exciting at first and puts in the highest gear to accelerate again. It draws a bow to the noble, to the noble, to the elegant. And I suspect that the addition of musk is what gives the Essenza that drive. A great dry down, long lasting and equally long lasting impression. This mix at the end has to be done first.

Find the fragrance incredibly successful, wearable basically all year round. Goes in the summer with 36 degrees just like in the winter by the somewhat heavier base. Due to his noble and elegant impression, which he leaves with me, a fragrance for just as fine occasions as I think, one for the opera, for dignified dinners, perfect for tuxedos or suits in general.
Sillage is neat, even in the late afternoon I was still asked which scent I wear. Shelf life loosely 12 hours. The bottle as such is analogous to all other AdP's, simple and beautiful, but the black colour emphasises its special position. Where the blu mediterraneo line is more like a summery attitude and the rich brown bottles are at home in the spicier segment, Colonia Essenza is an exotic, but a very fine one.

Clear test recommendation. I turned the test into a purchase.

3.5
Citric fresh cloth
Even if I only have one tester of it, unfortunately nothing for me. unfortunately the smell reminds me of when I go somewhere to eat and I get a fresh cloth to clean myself. It is already quite fresh but not mine, I put more value on other scents of acqua the Parma

very solid
A solid cologne that’s ideal for office and formal scenarios, and also works well in summer casual setting,very classy ,versatile .Maybe not suited for a young guy,maybe above 30. But its very solid and a good daily driver for spring or autumn

Clean-soapy-fresh happy acid fragance
I love this scent. Non intrusive, smells like a clean, soapy, fresh fragance, but in an ellegant way. More masculine than Colonia as it is not sweet due to its citrus notes.
Comparisons to Neroli Portofino, Mugler Cologne, 4711 KölnischWasser and all those citrus fragrances is just not quite accurate. Essenza is stronger, lasts longer and evolves much better than the others.
Some people say that reminds os shaving foam, old soap.......I dont see the negative part of that, starts fresh and changes to a barbershop fragance. I can not think of a more masculine such thing.
Excellent for an everyday use and on Spring or summer.

Boring overrated detergent
Absolutely boring and headache inducing in the name of freshness , I don't know what you call it but I can immediately relate it with a lot of detergents in the industry with this sharp pungent and disturbing freshness.

Neroli Portofino is lot better than this imo.
2.5

The Under-appreciated Sibling...
Essenza opens with a familiar take on the heavenly opening of AdP Colonia, while throwing in a bit more orange (tangerine in this case). At this point Essenza and the original are very similar. Where Essenza diverges slightly from Colonia is in the heart notes... Essenza tones down the floral aspects and replaces most of the rose of the original with a quite noticeable rosemary herb note (among others). This swap makes the scent verge slightly more towards the "masculine" side of the spectrum (even though it still is very unisex). This is an incredible flanker to Colonia, but its longevity is way too brief, so prepare to have to top up frequently. Superb, and highly recommended. 4.5 stars out of 5.

TombbbTombbb 60 days ago
Fresh-herbal, very sharp. Smells like a toilet flush/detergent to me. It might be well crafted, but I can't get rid of that connotation
MillanderMillander 8 months ago
I think this is one of the best masculine summer fragrance after the first heavy hour.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 9 months ago
a timeless and "old school" aromatic cologne for the dandies of the 21st century.Discrete but perceivable at the same time. Very high price
KingPinKingPin 19 months ago
If given the choice, stick to the original.
RocendrollRocendroll 22 months ago
[Tak] Miks czegoś taniego, trochę wody kolońskiej, trochę cytrusowej świeżości. Rześki. Trochę nie elegancki, trochę słodkawy - na lato
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Classic Cologne with pronounced notes of neroli and bergamot. One of the decent implementations of an old theme.

Cary Grant of course...
by Shivsri13
by Irini
by Irini
by SAQIB
Das ist ein superkleiner Flakon. Schaut nett aus.
by TomDuft
by Badkid
by Toreter
by Toreter

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Ebano by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma