Colonia Intensa 2007Eau de Cologne

Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma
Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2007. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Calabrian bergamot, Sicilian lemon, Ginger
Heart Notes Heart NotesMyrtle, Artemisia, Neroli
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Benzoin, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.11.2020.

A summer evening in Tuscany
It's nice that such masterpieces are still being created in the modern world of perfume. To describe it in the words of Harry Styles:
"Tastes like strawberries
on a summer evening
and it sounds just like a song"
The fragrance smells like a summer evening in Italy. Italy lifestyle pure. Very elegant. A modern interpretation of a fresh Eau de Cologne in the Italian way. Morillas and Demachy know their craft. Very good value for money. Age group 30+.
" I want more berries
and that summer feeling"

better than expected
I hardly ever considered an ADP fragrance in my collection mainly because I was under the impression that they were overpriced and very poor performers (perhaps because of the EDC concentration) how ever for a while Colonia Club has caught my attention due to its Lavender and Mint combo however, if I was going to get Colonia Club I wasn't getting the actual ADP experience as Club strays way from the rest of the Colonia line so I decided to start with something more traditional and then try Club.

That being said I did a lot of comparisons between Intensa, Pura, Assoluta and Colonia OG. Colonia was out as it has the lowest performance rating of them all but long story short I went with Intensa and I'm starting to think I made the right choice. Colonia Intensa starts off with a citrus blast as expected but in no time turns spicy and it's just gorgeous, this is a masterful blend of Citrus, Spices, Leather and Wood by no other than Alberto Morillas and Francois Demachy. To my nose what I get the most is citrus, cardamom, ginger and leather and it's heavenly, it's refreshing yet warm perhaps not the best for a hot summer day but more versatile and much more than just a summer juice.

Performance is better than expected, so far I'm on the 7th hour and my gf can still smell it, the scent is strong even though the scent bubble is very small and sitting pretty close to the skin. This is a great release by Acqua di Parma

Classic cologne
Typical and classical Cologne like Nenuco or 4171. Citric and bit spicy opening with a soft leathery and bit balsámic and woody dry down. Innthe middle the neroli, protagonist of many if this kind of fragances, being also very similar to other perfumes like neroli portofino by Tom Ford, basul & neroli by jo Malone or Cologne indelebile by frederick Malle. I had the colonia intensa body milk and It has even better performance than the fragance. Smells good but the performance is a.bit weak and the price a bit high for what It is. Unisex and for everyday use.

Scent: 7.5
Longevity: 6
Sillage: 5
Quality/price: 4
Versatility: 9
Originality: 5
Global: 6.5
Tabla
What are you going to do... when your mother-in-law lives in Cologne...

Daughters-in-law have it not easy, but is that really so?

My later mother-in-law, when I first met her, I saw at first sight that this was a real lady. But rather one of the sober kind.
She showed herself to be, in fact, a pragmatist. But not only that, which only became apparent to me much later. In addition, she hardly allowed other opinions, which she never expressed openly. Even if one could prove something profoundly, in scientific form, she hardly commented on it, although it was comprehensible for her. I could only read from her body language when she was d'accord, in which she nodded a little.

You would think that as a daughter-in-law, with a woman like that, I should not stand a chance at all. Well, it was by no means so.
I cracked her with the fact that I had a literary background and had a say in literature. Unfortunately, she often denied the younger generation that they had any idea about culture at all in these fast-moving times.
I could see them. In truth, she was a very passionate woman. She loved gems. All her life she collected gemstones, just as I collected perfumes. Ahhh ...................so she is a magpie.
For my birthday she gave me gems from her collection all these years. Through her I own a considerable collection of emeralds, rubies, aquamarines, topaz, pink and green tourmalines, diamonds and many other stones
In fact, she didn't know anything about perfume. Which I suspect she secretly felt sorry for. She only ever loved fine soaps.
At some point I brought her this scent, as a reminder of the city she lives in. She accepted the gift with the little enthusiasm that was so characteristic of her. She smelled it ... ahh ... ah ... yes. ...good. It smells good, she said.

I know that she found it beguiling, she had no experience of how to classify a fragrance, a perfume. She just thought it was good. She wore it too, which was remarkable for a woman like her.
I discovered it by the fact that the bottle was almost empty when we dissolved her household.
A few weeks before this great woman passed away, I showed her the emerald pendant that I had just had made for me by the goldsmith. She recognized immediately the stone she had given me so many years before.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This fragrance refreshes and relaxes at the same time, turns deep green, warms and opens the heart. Like an emerald.

Which may be due to the fact that he perfectly combines the finest ingredients in a masterly, inimitable combination. Cardamom, Calabrian bergamot, Sicilian lemon, ginger, myrtle, artemisia, neroli, cedar wood, patchouli, benzoin, musk...
That's all it takes, but not less either.
Ciao, Ciao Bella :-*
"Ohhhh, I have such a longing, I'm losing my mind, I want to go back to Italy, I want to go back to this country!" (free after me)

"It's 2019 my girlfriend is out getting a tan on the balcony in bella Italia" (loosely translated from my words)

All right, enough with the song-wasting! br /> 2020 (Corona)
2019
2018
2017
2016
etc. until 1989

What do these years until 2020 have in common? Exactly! I was on holiday in Italy in each of those years. In the middle of today's troubled northern Italy. More precisely, near Meran, i.e. in mountainous Italy, where German is still spoken in some places.

Today my heart is bleeding, I look anxiously towards Italia. Many deaths, a country in a state of emergency. One no longer hears so much of this proud, joyful nation. My holiday is booked for July, I wonder if it will take place I don't think so... so my annual cycle will be broken. What can you do? Exactly! Think of Italy, dream of Italy, carry Italy in your heart. Or, exactly! Smell of Italy!!!

"Colonia, Colonia is more beautiful than Corona!"

Man, that's a fragrance, guys. I've emptied a few bottles already. When the sweat was running down my face at 30 degrees in May (recently), it just radiated around me. A fragrance that embodies the Italian "Bella Vita". A "Ciao, Ciao Bella" for the stops. Lemon, neroli and cedar plus a dash of ginger, what more do you need to think of strongly hairy arms, a linen shirt with open buttons, sunglasses and a good espresso in front of the cafe? Joy of life in the bottle, yet seductive, fresh and pure. Not too pushy, but still present. A wearer who knows what is important in life: enjoyment! Red wine at dusk, a song in the alleys of small Italian towns and pasta, pasta, pasta. Colonia Intensa, a fragrance that brings all the things I currently miss into my living room. And that for a good 6 hours, then he has to leave again. After all, it lasts longer than the original, which is also beautiful.

How I'd love to be roaming Italian streets right now...
I think back to 2019, August. I see myself in a small trattoria, order a pizza, half a liter of red wine with it. Then an espresso and a cigarette outside the door. People are beaming, time stands still, everything is so normal, everything is so relaxed.

Today it is called Corona, not Colonia, today all this has become unthinkable...
Not for me,
I spray until only colonia remains,
I won't let the "bella vita" be taken from me,
and I remain for today a kindly alluring "Ciao, Ciao Bella :*"
Less is more
Every spring and summer the question arises, can I still wear the fragrance XX or does the thermometer demand freshness? Will Interlude still work even if I'm already sweating after showering? As my home office is located on the top floor, freshness has long been the order of the day. As much as I sometimes like more intense, eye-catching scents, I find the freshness kick in the morning in the warmth very relaxing. I don't have any expectations, as the fragrance must last at least 12 hours. Four hours is enough for me, because you can spray it on or make a different choice if the occasion demands it.

That's how Colonia Intensa and I practically came together. I have a soft spot for the Italians from AdP because of what I consider to be classic, dignified and expressive scents. So it was clear relatively quickly that the lemon ice cream for spraying is allowed. Colonia Intensa has almost no scent. From front to back simply refreshing lemon without dull and disturbing synthetics. At the beginning very intensive, then flattening until the scent is only skin-tight. There it lingers for a good while. Whoever thinks that this is it, is mistaken. A quick movement out of one's own lethargy and the perfume also tears itself out of the same and sends out lemon clouds. Pleasant and classic. AdP has created a perfect fragrance for warm days. Uncomplicated, refreshing, finished.

So you have to evaluate the fragrance because it wants and is not more. Good for the warm season and then until next time! Sometimes less is more
7vsChicago
Like ice in the sunshine
"It's summer and it's hot, so I'm eating a lemon ice cream," the doctors were already singing.
A summer day, sea or swimming pool and the walk to the kiosk.
Capri or split? Capri, the thoroughly refreshing water ice or split refreshing mix with milk ice.
(I know that neither of these is lemon ice cream and it is not so much a question of taste as the memory and feeling associated with it)
Acqua die Parma Colonia Intensa is a split for me. The fragrance is refreshing, but not like a water ice, not a purely refreshing Eau de Cologne, cool refreshment through and through. Rather refreshing and creamy at the same time. A tasteful creaminess is present from the beginning. This creaminess is complemented by the delicate aroma of woody notes, after all, an ice cream with Sti(e)l. All in all, an absolutely classic and refreshing fragrance for warm and lukewarm days and evenings - not for the swimming pool, rather for strolling along the beach promenade or through the city. Not colourful, no twister, no effervescent effect, no gimmicks - simply creamy - classic, stylish! The performance is good, not too loud but not too quiet either and easily manages several hours...

Cheap & cheaper
Meh. Contrary to other flankers of this Colonia line, such as the beautiful Assoluta version and the at-least-wearable Leather one, this Intensa variation is quite disappointing for me. Actually much disappointing, even if my expectations with Acqua di Parma are never that high. It starts off as a sort of cheap dupe of a herbal-citrus fougère played on lemon-musky chords, tinged with a depressingly flat synthetic leather note and a surprisingly bold, and kind of harshly dissonant generic woody note (it takes a talent to make cedar smell this bad). It’s basically a “darker”, here meaning woodier and muskier take on the Colonia, but hasn’t really the quality and the class to succeed for me. It’s just... a shrug in a bottle, almost a scrubber. It’s uninspired, too cheap to be at least elegant and enjoyable, as it smells on the contrary almost tacky for how lousy and mediocre the notes smell. And even if they’re just a few and are all quite “classic”, for some reasons at some points their balance smells almost wrong. Too lemony at first, too harshly woody, too cheaply musky on the drydown. But well, I know “balance” is a rather subjective matter, so I guess someone may like that. Still a less than mediocre scent, whether the balance is fine or not. Anyway once the initial citrus and herbal notes start to vanish off, you realize that was the nicest part, and you basically remain with a simple, bland, immobile, surprisingly cheap soapy musky-cedar accord still tinged with a bold detergent-like debris of citrus and a remarkably irritating long persistence, as charming and pleasant as remaining stuck in a lift with that bald stinky colleague of yours.

4/10

Perfect Italian Leather
AdP Colonia Intensa is a masculine mature scent.
It opens with a quick fresh natural burst of citrus to then reveal a woodsy-aromatic depth to it in the heart. (I get a bitter note, perhaps artemisia). The spices are perfectly balanced with the woods and fall in to line with the rest of the composition
Soon after, a warm, comforting leather note appears, which reminds me of supple italian leather goods and makes me think "mature gentleman".
The dry down is pleasant, the leather and cedarwood combination is slightly mellowed by some earthy resinous quality, once the benzoin slides into the picture.
All in all it is a quality woody-leather made with natural ingredients. Longevity is great and sillage is exactly what I want from a fragrance like this: an alluring scented trail.
Best for spring and autumn, I would say mainly formal occasions as it has a gentlemanly presence to it, otherwise it is great for a casual weekend outing.

Drseid
Stick To The Less "Intense" Version...
The fresh opening, while not as good as its sister fragrances Colonia and Colonia Assoluta, is excellent, getting things off to a good start... then the mid and base notes came along and disappointment starts to set in. Cedar is indeed the dominant note in the base... nothing wrong with that as I love cedar, but something is messing with the cedar making the scent mildly cloying to my nose at times. The bottom line is it is above average but not in the same league as the original. I recommend sticking with the original Colonia, or the also superb Assoluta, both light years better than Intensa. One thing in Intensa's favor that should be noted is its superb longevity... 2.5 to 3 stars out of 5.

IondeIonde 3 months ago
Classic but not common (at least not anymore) fresh and elegant scent for an older gentleman, men younger than 35ish should look elsewhere.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 5 months ago
Typical classic cologne like 4171, Nenuco or neroli portofino. Neroli mixed with citruses over leathery/Woody soft background. Bit weak
ClassydudeClassydude 6 months ago
amazing smell, masculine, smells luxury and unique. Last more than 8hrs and decent silage..
Aquarius1Aquarius1 8 months ago
3.5
The scent of grandparents, reminds me of the days I delivered newspapers to the local retirement home. Future signature scent probably.
PioPio 9 months ago
What a lovely smell. Highly recommended.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 11 months ago
A nice citrusy perfume with cologne concentration. I do prefer the similar "Boucheron pour Homme" scent for one fourth of the price.
KingPinKingPin 1 year ago
Not for me, sticking to the original.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
at the first spray you smell immediately the Smoky note and it's pleasant, but after a few second it becomes too evanescent for its price
VollbartVollbart 5 years ago
I have really tried to like it. But after serveral attempts, over a Long period, it smells to me a bit like my grandmother.

by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Parfummaster
by Parfummaster
by JoHannes
by JoHannes
by Taurus1967
by Taurus1967
Zum Motto: Otto trägt das im Lotto gewonnene Bergamotto!
by TomLavender
by Grzesinek
by skanvidou
by skanvidou

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Colonia Mirra by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma