Colonia Leather 2014 Eau de Cologne Concentrée

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma
Top 75 in Men's Perfume
Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2014. The scent is leathery-woody. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBrazilian orangeBrazilian orange
HoneysuckleHoneysuckle
Red thymeRed thyme
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather
Atlas cedarAtlas cedar
Paraguayan gaiac woodParaguayan gaiac wood

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 28.07.2021.

A straight story.
The straight story.

My new leather jacket is so chic, I don't want to wait, I have to wear it and the sky promises a beautiful day out there. So I'm off on my way.

The jacket still casually swung over my shoulder I meet the orange farmer next door, who is just finishing his morning walk in the grove, we nod to each other in wordless agreement that so only men can master, connected. I see his wife on the terrace, she is cutting lemons for a fruit salad, we smile at each other while her little daughter takes advantage of this moment of distraction to snatch some raspberries from the bowl. She waves her quickly emptied hand at me joyfully, grinning thievishly proud as she shows me her fruit-filled gap between her teeth.

Mom is of course all this not escaped and we smirk conspiratorially to. She bids farewell to my passing by pointing first to her shoulder, then to mine, and giving me an appreciative nod.

The beautiful impressions linger with me for a while. I have put on my new leather jacket by now, and I keep looking down at myself to admire its distinguished shimmer. And I have to stroke it again and again, the fabric feels so soft and precious. And how pleasant it smells!

And as I stroll along, so leather-mindedly elated, I hear a pretty tune. It is the old rose-grower humming a soft song in her garden. I like the old, graceful lady very much, but often approach her with caution, for not too seldom is she all too talkative for me. But today she seems to be quite herself and so I meet her openly and am rewarded. She looks up, pauses and after that brief moment she tells me that I must have that leather jacket new and how fantastic it looks on me and while I'm still rejoicing over that, she's already cut a rose and magically tucked it into my buttonhole. "My husband used to have one of those." And now I'm supposed to turn around. And teasingly gives me a popo slap! She's allowed to do that.

There are some plants growing along the edge of my path, but I only have one eye for my great new jacket and now I've arrived at my destination: At the old wooden bench in the clearing.
I like to carve figures for myself and so I pull out my pocket knife and the small piece of fancy wood I had chosen for today and take a seat. My new jacket has long since taken on my body temperature and I am now more aware of the leather, its fine, slightly tart, rich warmth. I breathe deeply and savor the noble scent that accompanies me the whole way home, my new wooden figure in my left hand. It is - with beautiful curves - an elegant woman sculpture.

Colonia Leather is an inviting but not prompting leather scent with fine manners and in essence just and 'only' that. Similar to how the impressions and encounters on my little hike embellished the way to the destination, the additional fragrance notes in Colonia Leather only form an aura polish. They don't shape its character, they don't even consolidate it, they cast purposefully accentuating highlights on its noble shape. Beneath and in and above everything, noble leather always swings and floats. Straight, pure elegance
Rexmusicae
A real disappointment !!!
I have me the fragrance because of the good reviews and the ingredients appealing to me with the help of a nice Parfumos as 10 ml filling can organize.
Upon receipt, I have the tester full of expectation and anticipation of THE great fragrance experience directly times tried and would have almost disposed of him afterwards.
What flowed towards me there, reminded me in the strongest way of the ashtray filled with water my wife, in which she disposes of her cigarettes to not have to express them extra. This smell has in my eyes nothing to do with leather / tobacco , only with cold, damp and stale smoke.
I have to control whether with my olfactory organ everything is in order, several "victims" also make a scent sample, all came to the same result: "What is that supposed to be? Smells like a full ashtray with wet butts ! ".
Not that one would deny the value of the ingredients , or get other doubts about the quality of the fragrance , it just has for my nose - and that of some others - absolutely no smoky leather aroma . I do not know any kind of leather - no matter how old or bacon - that would smell so, even if one would have completed over years regular visits in a smoky pub with it ( yes, such a thing is said to have existed once ;-) )
The "fruity" components , which make up the top note , are , even if you give them a really longer "maturation time" , only to guess at all. What in the Tuscan Leather of TF still actually falls as a component of the overall fragrance in the weight and makes a real contribution to the experience , is here in my eyes ( in my nose ) almost completely lost.
Too bad about the not exactly little money !!!
Since all who the Tom Ford classic is a touch too fruity / feminine , those who want something more real , but subtle smoke aroma , fall back on the Cuoio from the Collezione Privata by Pal Zileri . This one is hard to get, but costs a lot less than the Acqua di Parma, and even more than the TF, which has reached utopian price regions. He can however qualitatively quite keep up with both fragrances, and surpasses the Colonia Leather by far in the smell perception.
I have all three perfumes extensively tested and can for me personally no purchase recommendation for the Wässerchen of Acqua di Parma express.
Dario04
Aqua di Parma with a difference
I am really a big fan of Aqua di Parma, because they manage to interpret different fragrances in their own way, as can be seen in the masterpiece Oud.
An actually Potente and Animalische fragrance now quite Italian and fresh.

Before the first riechen of Colonia Leather I had expected the same. But it came quite differently...
The leather is very much in the foreground and the other notes are barely perceptible to me.
Times something completely different.
Clearly he is still fresher than other leather fragrances, but for Aqua di Parma ratios already a bomb.

In general, the fragrance smells very high quality and the leather has quite a soft touch.
Performance is rock solid
3lbows
In the evening with a mug of mead fall comfortably into the armchair.
I am, it seems, kind of addicted to these raspberry leather waters à la Tuscan Leather: La Yuqawam (bought!), Arabi Cana (too herbaceous!), Godolphin (bottle for Arab dictators), Rammstein cocaine (yes, that one too!), and last but not least: Colonia Leather.
But here the raspberry plays a rather subordinate role. The focus is on realistically depicted suede, in the various phases of its fragrance development, first citrusy like a cologne, then sweetishly resinous, almost as if surrounded by honey, complemented by a fine touch of floralness. The biggest difference to, for example, La Yuqawam I see in the missing smokiness. This makes Colonia Leather tamer, more comfortable, but also much more wearable. So the scent suits calmer, more down-to-earth minds, seems unagitated and serene, malicious tongues (my wife) may accuse it of a certain old-fashionedness (but she also says that about Dior Homme Intense - so it's all relative: being able to judge the smell of the contents of granny's handbag as an olfactory experience separates the philistine from the perfume, which is only a side note).
Be that as it may, I find Colonia Leather quite modern and can identify with its charisma. He doesn't get on my nerves at any stage, and his performance fits perfectly. CL is more backlight than spotlight, more theme than focus. Where I really need to be in the mood (and ready to stage myself) for TL or the irresistible, Colonia Leather allows me to be myself, either correctly dressed in the office or simply falling into the grubby armchair at home, from September to April. Thanks, AdP!
Chizza
On a customer visit to LVMH
Leather from Acqua di Parma was my first contact with leather, at least consciously. Fahrenheit, already in my possession at that time, is also awarded such a note, but at that time I was far from being as addicted to perfume as I am today. In any case, I travel a lot on business, visiting companies and their contact persons in the areas relevant to me. So it was probably fate that a visit to LVMH in Düsseldorf was decent. During the waiting time I wasted my time with coffee and added Sauvage for free. Yes, there it was still Sauvage ;)

Anyway, my contact person and I got into a conversation after the official part, he noticed that he rarely has a guest who likes to spend money on perfume. If I had known where this would end...
After the appointment he offered me to take a few samples, because I expressed my interest in classic scents, a colleague is usually on the road with his sandalo. So I tried various perfumes from the brown AdP range, which my contact person recommended to me. One of them was Leather. What can I say? After the appointment I drove to Breuninger and was two AdP richer and monetarily a lot poorer. Here my love for leather scents began
The first time at home I applied generously to immediately suffocate feelings. I let my wife smell and she was blown away. I was a bit speechless and not only because of my shortness of breath and had to deal with the smell. So my love for this fragrance and leather in general grew Now for the fragrance: I don't notice the raspberry and that's good, because we already know that in abundance. Leather comes across like leather that has been refined with lemons. It smells kind of fresh and gives it a really pleasant and authentic leather note, just like in the Florentine leather alleys. It stays that way until the scent loses the lemon and the leather becomes more or less self-sufficient. I can imagine the cedar here as well, this makes the scent rounder and more pleasant, the rest I honestly don't smell. But that doesn't matter either. The scent changes once, it is very pleasant to wear and above all - hardly to believe with AdP - it lasts for a very long time. Generally the brown row here is strong. Even a good Sillage is in it.

People always like to talk about leather xy being more of a business scent, leather xx being more casual and leather something more giving the rocker or whatever. Leather from AdP is the gentleman or just for the one who goes about his business in a suit. Because this calm nature, these not exuberant notes but the stylish balance of the fragrance make it to what I associate with a men's fragrance for work (I'm just travelling in a suit for business). It's classic, simple, stylish and that's why I love leather.
FelixRyd
Ecco come profuma Firenze!
Twice a year the who is who of men's fashion meets at the Pitti Uomo in Florence. Especially in the evenings the streets are usually filled with unusually dressed men and women and the most interesting scents are in the air. In wares Paradise for everyone who has something to do with fashion and perfume. Florence is also a heart of the leather industry in Italy and there are several smaller shops with a wide range of leather products from belts, shoes and bags. You can find various treasures there.

If you stay in Florence in the summer after the fair and walk through the streets, you often catch the smell of freshly tanned leather. Mixed with the typical Acqua di Parma DNA, the fragrance has taken me straight back to the small and narrow streets of Florence and it will certainly be there again when I go to the next Pitti Uomo in Florence in summer or when I just want to travel there in my mind. Simply remove the lid, spray on and you are back in Florence
hidden leather
I've had it for about 2 months now, and can now say the following about it.
As the clearest characteristic, I have to say, the unbelievably long durability of this fragrance made itself felt with me. Correctly dosed, the good one remains at my side for 12 hours.
After a few hours, the fragrance unfolds a distinct smoky note, while the leather gradually fades into the background. At the beginning he still appears bright and his mood turns tame very soon and he becomes dark and provocative. Not necessarily only for the winter suitable, but in the high summer I will push it in my collection to the back. All the greater the pleasure when you smell it again after a few months and briefly awaken the memories that slumber in it.
A must for my collection, whether it is due to my love for the good Acqua di Parma fragrances I can not judge - I am so to speak biased. It is definitely worth it, and is a real experience.

A gentleman. Almost.
Maybe he was lost, the Ford, Tom Ford, looking for Tuscany.
Perhaps instead he had landed in Parma, in the plain of the Po, and had smelt it there, the leather that was to become world-famous afterwards.
And it sounded better too, admittedly, Tuscan leather, "Tuscan Leather", better than Parma leather or something.
Who wouldn't have thought of ham, the delicious ham of the region, which I love on the plate, but less on my skin?
Yeah, maybe it had been that way, that way or something, who knows.

It was dark, that leather, smoky and oily and coarse, as it went up Tom Ford's nose in some tannery.
It also smelled a little dirty how men sometimes smell when they work with their hands, with their muscles, with tools and dust and stone.
He captured this, the Ford, and filled it into bottles, mixed with herbs, wood and fruit, which underlined the black, emphasized the astringency and at the same time lent soul to the roughness of the cowboy.
That was new, that was exciting, that conquered the world - and many, many followed him, the Ford, on his way, the leathery, the smoky one, whether he started in Tuscany or southwest of the Po.

There it took a few more years until the signs of the times were understood, until "Acqua di Parma" took on the leather, the still black, still coarse, which was still so masculine that women rather kept their distance, loved it more by (foreign?) men than on their own skin.
The boys and girls of "Acqua di Parma" made the leather a little lighter, a little finer, gave it transparency and - yes: decency.
Where the forefather is loud, noisy and clumsy, where he fills entire rooms with his presence, "Colonia Leather" holds back almost nobly, surrounds the wearer, the wearer with a dark aura that is clear and perceptible, but never loudly rumbles.
The leather's roughness is tanned, the blackness nestles up velvety, the smoke doesn't take my breath away anymore and lets go again after a good handful of hours, instead of putting me in leather shackles like the knight Ford until the day after next.
A real gentleman.
Almost.

This is it!
Today you have many options to choose a leathery perfume.

When You look around bitter leathery perfumes, you found some perfumes that are very similar at first glance. maybe "Tom Ford - Tuscan Leather" is the most famous of them.
Most of them use a combination of leather and saffron along with third element. finally, they have smoky smell of leather that balanced with third element. and we saw a lot of special good perfumes in this race that made for use at "night out" and "business".
"Colonia Leather" started with a very different and well-made scent of leather. A natural smell of leather without any gasoline smell, very close to leather jacket smell. I really like it.
Maybe after a while, you feel like when wearing a dark and heavy saffron-leathery perfume. but don't worry, It is not like them.
In this case, the second element is not saffron, that is "Gaiac Wood". and the third element is "Rose".
The leather wants to going into dark and heavy smell, but the rose stop it. this is the point that made it different from other.

Of course it is one of the best choice to wearing by women.
"Colonia Leather" have innovation in this group of scent.
I believe "Acqua di Parma" do it well.

VanAllanVanAllan 5 months ago
A fresh and elegant italian leather introduced by tamed citrus notes, enveloped in classy petitgrain and woody nuances, one of the best AdP.
MillanderMillander 2 years ago
The best leather scent I've ever beside Ombre Leather. This is smokier Ombre Leather is more flowery.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Rich, warm, Woody, multifaceted , deep but with a rose touch which makes it very good for women too. Very high price but top quality
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Slightly animalistic leather with clear raspberry accord and gentle fruity citric notes.

by LadyLuxifer
by Chris5ch
by Martin1999
by Martin1999

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria La Spugnatura by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Quercia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Ebano by Acqua di Parma