Colonia OudColonia Intensa Oud (2012) Eau de Cologne Concentrée

Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma
Bottle Design: Acqua di Parma

Colonia Oud is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Italian orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesOud, Haitian amyris, Russian coriander
Base Notes Base NotesAtlas cedar, Indonesian patchouli, Sandalwood, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.10.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

KimJong
Colonia Oud Review (batch 2017)
Colonia Oud, unlike Oud perfumes in other homes, is not heavy, dull, or dark. It's an Oud with a fresh, refreshing texture, and that's why it's so unique. After a period of 'moisturizing' bergamot and cilantro, the scent slowly glistens to the scent of leather, which is incredibly delicate.

Is it simply because of the Eau de cologne concentration? I'm not sure. What's clear is that despite the relatively weak concentration, it lasts about 10 hours and has excellent sillage. While Jo Malone's Oud Bergamot is revealed only by skin odor, Colonia Oud exhales fragrance through the invisible air that envelops my body. The scent reaches a long distance, but it doesn't make other people uncomfortable. It's very calm, transparent, elegant, and never loses its masculinity.

So I wear this more in spring and summer. Of course, it is very good in fall and winter too. If you are a professional man who wants to show off your dignity, I recommend you try Colonia Oud. But if you expect a traditional heavy oud, you'd better look for Montale's works at a slightly lower price.
9.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Classic Italy
For me, the very first love when it comes to oud scents. Long lasting direct it looks eternal! Decadent but still I can't keep my hands off him! Arabian winter night, round, naturally organic simply harmonious!
9.0/10

So be it
Sun in the sky
Oranges ripe, fruity.
Wood dry, spicy.
Oud, so adapted elegant.
Na Oud what's the matter with you?
I was in the super version
I was allowed to reflect on my behavior.
How long?
5 sessions at ACQUA DI PARMA
That did you good.
If I am right before I annoy other scent notes or surprise the wearer with changing mood I think.
Hey Oud
Thanks that you can fit in so well, I know that with a temperament full of character it is not always easy to adapt.

For me a good feeling perfume that suits many occasions and times.
I am aware that Oud is a topic for long controversial dialogues.

spiess
8.0 8.0 7.0 6.5/10

Disenchanted but not outcast
When I first heard about A.d.P.'s "Colonia Oud" on Parfumo, looked at the fragrance pyramid and read a few reviews crosswise, it seemed to me as if the egg-covering scent milksowl had been mixed together here: A highly exciting all-rounder oscillating between sparkling, classic Cologne freshness and mysterious oud woodiness. Unique and yet practically always wearable. In a way that's almost true - but I'm glad I had a bottling and didn't immediately go "all in" with a bottle purchase.

"Colonia Oud" is actually a good, not super-nerolic cologne right after spraying. Simple and very well done. Other notes have not yet crossed the conscious threshold of perception in the first minute, but they certainly make a subtle contribution to creating the impression of high quality. In the next few minutes more and more oud pushes itself into the foreground and in the first hour actually creates that promised interplay between summer freshness and smoky wood darkness. It's a bit simple, but I really appreciate such clear two-tones. Unfortunately, a certain tendency towards brittle simplicity cannot be completely denied in the following. The oud becomes harder, drier and more artificial. I don't know if real oud smells like that, but the impression is there. Perhaps a little more Amyris in the mixture would have been good for the fragrance, because a certain resinous or balsamic cushioning would be desirable. It is certainly the hard-standing, woody tips that create the feeling of slightly rough synthetics in me. This could have been counteracted. The durability is (at least at me) less pronounced than the ratings of the community suggest, which is also not tragic, since in the end almost only the (felt) synthetic rashes are perceptible.

By the way, "Colonia Oud" is one of my first consciously smelled oud scents and is perhaps the first one where I could smell out this note in such isolation. This was not the case with other perfumes such as YSL's "M7" or "Royal Oud" by Creed - on the contrary! And I was kind of disappointed. Meanwhile I am glad that these scents handle this fragrance so timidly. Similar to vetiver, it does not seem to be easy to dose this component correctly and integrate it harmoniously. The hype certainly also tempts to many strikingly composed one-trick ponies. Is "Colonia Oud" a bad scent? No, I sure as hell don't. But one with obvious shortcomings.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Jazzy76
A luxury pleasure to share
I tested this cologne today and it was a wonderful discovery: when the tree Leaves become golden and the air is fresher,you need a more intense fragrance which lasts on your skin with warm accents: well, this perfume is absolutely perfect. It is meant as cologne for man but I think it is very good for women too and on my skin the result is wonderful. At the opening I didn't smell the classic citrusy notes, but immediately a rich oud made spicy by the coriander touch, not too heavy and well balanced. The base is warm and rich: the leathery notes is the main on my skin and the patchouli isn't too hearty, but light and pleasant.
The sillage is quite strong for being a cologne and the classic bottle keeps Always is charm. The price is very high, maybe too high, but we are at the top . A luxury pleasure to share in the the colder season or by night.
7.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

4 season oud
A luminous blend of Acqua Di Parma’s Signature citrus notes open as The Magnum Opus drawing you in while an alluring Russian coriander,leather and Amyris accord highlight the heart. Very elegant, very rich constitutes the base with suedes leather and seductive Oud hold you close.
9.0 10.0 8.0/10

Powerhouse
When I was new to perfume, I went to a local boutique to begin the education of my nose. The clerk had me sniff this one and I was a goner. He didn't need to make a sales pitch, I was already buying half the store (L'Artisan mostly), but he said for some reason women often bought it for their husbands. I bought it for mine. I probably wouldn't today because my nose is smarter now, but I still admire this cross between a wild animal and a perfume. To say it's intense is an understatement. It doesn't easily wash off, for one. Synthetics in the top note fade to allow this really carnal smell full reign. I love ColinM's disdainful second paragraph in his review but nevertheless women do buy this for their husbands for a reason.

ColinM
The yawn of a businessman
Well, nothing more and nothing less than one may expect from an “oud” take on Acqua di Parma Colonia. A wannabe-posh, soapy, sheer, very smooth (and very synthetic) sort of citrus-floral-musk blend infused with a dark, rubbery, bitter yet overall quite tamed down and exceedingly artificial woody accord of oud and birch, becoming drier and muskier as hours pass. I must say that somehow, the initial “fizzy-soapy” frame which comprises the oud accord works, and makes Colonia Oud smell as a fairly pleasant sort of “bright oud” with a laundry vibe. There’s a tangy sort of citrus-geranium accord which fits in surprisingly well. Given the bitter rubbery dirtiness of the synthetic oud note, it creates quite a pleasant play of contrasts – which will eventually fade away and leave the stage mostly to rubber and synthetic woods, but until it’s there, it’s nice. Still though, even considering that, it’s all really too cheap and ultimately uninspired to sparkle some interest. The “Colonia” side is just as flat and artificial as in the Intensa version (I’m still wondering how the Colonia line can comprise gems like the Assoluta next to utter garbage like the Intensa), and the oud accord is for me nothing different from any drugstore oud accord you can find anywhere these days. The price and the “luxury” packaging would let you think we’re in the same ballpark of something like, say, Dior Leather Oud, but truth is, we’re more close to Ferrari Oud, or Versace Oud, a Montale imitation dupe or whatever other lower-key designer ouds. Just a matter of quality: flat, synthetic, as much generically refined as completely “muted”. Nothing against that class of scents by the way, but there’s a reason if they cost three or four times less than this.

Not sure why (or well, reading what I just wrote until now, I can see why actually), but at the very first sniff my mind just came out with a spontaneous association – “what an airport fragrance this is”. Out of the blue, I just imagined a mid-level manager waiting for his plane. Not a wealthy businessman snorting fine complimentary cocaine in some vip lounge, just some ordinary businessman playing with an empty cracked bottle of water, boring the hell out of himself, probably needing a shower after a two hours taxi ride to the airport. Think of focusing your nose on some details – the citrus musky cologne he wore before leaving the motel now mixing with sweat, the cheap smell of his ready-to-wear laundered suit, the rubbery smell of his trolley bag and of the airport seats, the overall sense of suspended, depressing boredom which fills such “non-places” like airports. That’s the mood of Acqua di Parma Oud, basically somehow a sort of slightly more pretentious “office scent” with a professional look (not refined, not sophisticated, just “professional”) and a subtle dirtier vein. And by that I don’t mean something “sexy” , just literally dirty, sweaty and rubbery. It’s all filled with a nondescript, quite deep feeling of restrained, unemotional “nothingness”. And well, it smells a bit more cheap than it should anyway. Not blatantly cheap and not completely tragic, but definitely unworthy the price tag. Kind of similar to Indonesian Oud by Zegna (and just as much dull as that).

5,5-6/10

Rickbr
Well, it's not exactly what i expected it to be, since I imagined it would be a interpretation of their classic fragrance with a touch of oud. But, it's not bad at all, in fact i think that it's interesting in the way that it sounds familiar but it seems to have its own identity. The familiar part is due the Oud note, which i guess that for some is a pleasure and for others has already gone too far. It doesn't seem to be for me a nargamotha oud, but more a musky, slightly dirty one. I like that they opted for note going for the usual rose and saffron combination and instead put it on a leather context - this smells like rough leather scented with incense and tonka. I know that they don't list it but i get a noticeable almondy feel rounding the oud and leather that seems typical from this note. Also, there seems to be a very shy use of a minty incense thing that i find very good. And, the citrus and coriander seems to make the link with the classic colognes, you just take some moments to notice that the oud has mingled with them enhancing their sharp, medicinal side. I found it a very interesting fragrance, more balanced than i expected.
7.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Fanny
An Acqua di Parma With Sillage And Longevity!
Wow !!

For lovers of a subtle warm & fresh oud, get yourself a sample soon!!!
This has a jolly, yet utterly sophisticated zest.
Beautiful oud (very easy on the nose), supported by silky musk, bright citruses and coriander, yum!
The leather is deeply buried, I hardly get any.
At last an Acqua di Parma that is not fleeting at all.
AdP CIOEdCC gives me the courage to engage in life on a difficult monday morning.

Hallelujah!
7.5 7.5 1.0/10

Not For Me
Yuck!

I'm a fan of Oud blends but this is one I'll pass on. I was able to get a sample from a friend and I'm not impressed at all.

It has a leather belt, shoe polish type of smell with an odd citrus thrown in.
9.0/10

colonia intensa oud
it starts with a beautiful citrus opening followed soon by a woodsy ,agarwood and musky cloud that will tenderly envelop you in a soft,sexy,comfortable wellness cloud .indeed it's a great quality frag with strong longevity and average sillage on my skin ,undoubtedly less resinous and medicinal than montale black oud ,more unisex than the previous one .

JManDave 4 years ago
Beautiful, soft Oud over Citrus. Not to everyone's taste but a Top 10 in my wardrobe.+1
10.0

by Miaw2
by Liquidasset
by Liquidasset

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma Colonia Club (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Gelsomino Nobile by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Colonia Ambra (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma