Colonia OudColonia Intensa Oud 2012Eau de Cologne Concentrée

Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma
Bottle Design Acqua di Parma
Colonia Oud is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne)

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Italian orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesOud, Haitian amyris, Russian coriander
Base Notes Base NotesAtlas cedar, Indonesian patchouli, Sandalwood, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.10.2020.

Dark green
This is absolutely unique! An exquisite blend of rich essences that seduces me especially since there isn't anything sweet in it. Something old and something new... Citrus notes and spices in shades of dark green. A gentleman from the countryside wearing tweeds while roaming the woods. Casually elegant. Manly and bold! A beautiful Indian summer or a misty late autumn and early winter morning.

DerDefcon
The golden mean for everyday life.
My search for a woody, unsweet scent was long... very long. Many perfumes are declared as "spicy-woody" here on Parfumo, only to end up as a sticky-sweet broth on my skin and leave me with question marks. Maybe our noses work just too differently, but what is supposed to be spicy-woody in "Layton Exclusif", for example, was and is a mystery to me. It is woody, just as spicy, but still quite sweet, maybe not like the younger "Layton", but just sweet ... Full stop.
Then there are those fragrances that have lost all sweetness and which I was actually looking for. But I soon noticed that such scents were often too unfriendly and gloomy for me. "Duro" and "Nasomatto" are two "shining" examples, real wood and oud bombs, respectively, one medically bitter, the other herbaceous, earthy and above all dark, without any friendly sides - not for me.
Truly, I already knew some candidates at that time, who served my taste of a spicy-woody, not too gloomy scent. So I went into raptures with "Fars" from Xerjoff's oud collection, but at the end of the day it was simply too price-intensive for me. Chanel's bestseller, The Egoist, also knew how to please, is financially absolutely justifiable, but on my skin it is very weak in the bosom. Maybe it's also my nose playing tricks on me. Who knows ...
Another fragrance that strikes the golden mean was "Colonia Oud" from Acqua di Parma. I bought this fragrance blindly in the souk, after a nice perfume, which I'm sure you can read here, warmly recommended this masterpiece to me. This blind purchase should be worth it! Let's dedicate ourselves to him.

To me, "Colonia Oud" smells like an old, dry wooden bowl, whose aromatic smell is wonderfully pure and flatters the nose. Nothing here is bitter, medicinal or musty. Our wooden bowl is filled with a few peeled orange peels, which bring enough freshness to the woody and clean game, which is probably due to the socially acceptable oud and cedar wood. I can therefore also understand the voices according to which "Colonia Oud" is also excellent to wear in summer. Carefully dosed, it may work well for sure, but I see this fragrance more in autumn or winter, especially because a small shred of leather in the fragrance pyramid provides the last bit of depth in the composition and thus a few rough edges. Despite the declaration as cologne, there is no need to worry about durability and silage. When applied in the morning, "Colonia Oud" sticks to the skin until late afternoon or even early evening without killing the surrounding area. Well... that's exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to have a woody, spicy scent that would work in everyday life as well ... and here it is!
Viseron
A fresh kick in the leather armchair: a summer oud par excellence
Now that I can finally own a bottle of Colonia Oud, it's time for me to write a commentary on this great fragrance.

First of all I would like to answer the question how I got this fragrance. Well, I am a lover of fresh citrus scents. On the other hand, I also like oud very much as long as it is non-animal and "stinky". But I hadn't seen citrus and oud as a combination in one fragrance until I came across Colonia Oud. I have to say that I hadn't tested a single Acqua di Parma fragrance at the time of testing, somehow the brand completely missed me, as I had certain old associations with the brand in my head. This was probably due to the fact that my nearby perfumery has various Acqua di Parma fragrances on offer, but they are mostly aimed at older men. Well, that's how you can be wrong.

So because of this very interesting and unique combination of citrus and oud, I ordered a bottling. And that was when it was all about me. Exactly this Holzig freshness I have been looking for a long time!
When the notes contain oud and leather, one may tend to think of autumn or winter. But I think this fragrance is perfect for spring and summer! This is mainly due to the soapiness, which makes the fragrance appear very light and airy (is that the added coriander?) Don't get me wrong, it's always dark and mysterious, but at the same time it's airy and soapy. That's what makes it so special in my opinion. After an initial explosion of citrus fruits, the darker wood comes into its own after an hour. However, the wood and the supporting leather accord are always accompanied by something orangey throughout the fragrance's life. The fragrance is very linear - the only development is that the citrus-like character is pushed a bit more into the background, and oud and leather become the main protagonists of the composition.

I am really enthusiastic about the longevity of the fragrance, especially because this version is designated as an eau de toilette. 8 hours and more are easily in my case. The sillage is already strong in the first hour, but then it gets closer and closer to the skin, and then settles down very pleasantly, which makes the fragrance very wearable in the office. Here is another advantage: Colonia Oud is simply incredibly versatile and unobtrusive. I can't really imagine a situation in which this fragrance doesn't work. In my collection, Colonia Oud takes the place that an Oud Wood by Tom Ford would. Please don't stone me, but I've never been enthusiastic about Oud Wood and would prefer Acqua di Parma in direct comparison without hesitation. I can understand that for some people this fragrance is too one-dimensional, not complex enough, lacking depth. For me, not every fragrance has to have a 3-page list of notes and show new facets every minute. With this fragrance you know what you get when you test it briefly.

Who can I recommend this fragrance to? Try it out if you're looking for a serious, woody-fresh fragrance that's incredibly versatile. If you want to test oud without getting the full buzz, Colonia Oud is also great. You should also have a certain level of maturity to appreciate the fragrance. It is not suitable for teenagers or young men looking for the well-known "panty-dropper" scents, because it certainly doesn't fall into this category. I think there are some women out there who don't like this fragrance very much. It feels to me like it was made for me. You don't wear colonia oud for compliments. You wear it because you want to.

I once read somewhere about "church bank" associations, and somehow I can understand the comparison quite well. But don't let that put you off. For me, the scent is the first 10/10 that I give away
One more small side note: I know that Acqua die Parma has launched the new black bottles in the eau de parfum concentration. But as far as I know, Acqua di Parma's Oud EDP is one and the same fragrance. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Oud in typical AdP style
Before Acqua di Parma-Oud, I knew few others at that time. At that time I liked to use Boss Bottled Oud, which is still good in my eyes, but is completely different from the AdP offer. What I appreciate about AdP - no matter which series - is the straightforwardness and above all the refreshing top note. Oud is also straightforward and with such simple titles I like it very much.
Oud from Acqua di Parma was of course also soaked in bergamot and lemon, not drowned. People always talk so beautifully about medicinal oud and that is what it is rather than animalistic. But actually it is citric. This here is an oud scent for the European, for noses that want to get to know oud but have a certain demand on the scent. I would like to compare it to the bottled oud variant: it looks dirtier, looks more scratchy and doesn't want to be pressed into a mould, just like an infantile rebel. You can also see that in the quality - with respect.
Oud from AdP is different. The fragrance knows what it is, what it can do and what it doesn't want to be. It gives the wearer a certain aura, which probably does not make the fragrance wearable for everyone. You won't attract attention, you won't be able to get any big compliments, let alone take over whole rooms. Oud rather provides seriousness, underlines a statement, appears professional and calming, in addition a bit noble. The wearer signals that he is a person of trust to whom one can turn
Now I've written more about the aura of the fragrance than the ingredients but let's face it: it's oud. Each one has a different effect in its design but it remains oud. If you don't like oud, this will be nothing for you either. If you want to appear animalistic, you are also wrong. For me, it is the oud that you can wear during the day, in contact with many other people, but it can also be worn in the evening on a cooler autumn night or even on a warm spring night. It is not too heavy. That makes it one of the best oud scents for me.
A word about S/H: the brown AdP series Performs anyway, here you get performance

ScentDane
Acqua di Parmas Colonia Intensa take on oud, and what a great, unique way to do so!
This Opens up with a beautiful combination of oud, leather and citruses. You're hit with a fresh, warm and woody combination. The oud isn't skanky or barnyward oud, but very woody. The leather/wood/oud combination gives the same vibe you'll also find in Issay Miyake Noir Ambre. There is coriander as well that gives it a subtle, spicy touch and then musk rounds it off and also gives it a powdery and fresh touch.

I've seen people talk about this being a rose/oud combo, but I cannot detect any rose what so ever. This really isn't a rose/oud combo. Again you have the Colonia Intensa DNA with oud. This also means, that if you normally do not like oud fragrances, but want to get into ouds, this might be something worth trying.

Due to the fresh, musky feel to it, it can in theory be worn year round, but I wouldn't wear this on hot days.

This is also something to go easy on the trigger with. One or two sprays on the chest will last you all day and you will be able to smell it for 10-12 hours easily with few sprays. Silage is also very decent, so be mindful not to choke people out.

Age-range is probably a bit more mature, but again due to the freshness and powdery, I could see someone in their 20s wearing this.

I would advise against blind buying, but if you love ouds, do check this one out! 8/10 as oud fragrances go.
Classic Italy
For me, the very first love when it comes to oud scents. Long lasting direct it looks eternal! Decadent but still I can't keep my hands off him! Arabian winter night, round, naturally organic simply harmonious!
So be it
Sun in the sky
Oranges ripe, fruity.
Wood dry, spicy.
Oud, so adapted elegant.
Na Oud what's the matter with you?
I was in the super version
I was allowed to reflect on my behavior.
How long?
5 sessions at ACQUA DI PARMA
That did you good.
If I am right before I annoy other scent notes or surprise the wearer with changing mood I think.
Hey Oud
Thanks that you can fit in so well, I know that with a temperament full of character it is not always easy to adapt.

For me a good feeling perfume that suits many occasions and times.
I am aware that Oud is a topic for long controversial dialogues.

spiess
Disenchanted but not outcast
When I first heard about A.d.P.'s "Colonia Oud" on Parfumo, looked at the fragrance pyramid and read a few reviews crosswise, it seemed to me as if the egg-covering scent milksowl had been mixed together here: A highly exciting all-rounder oscillating between sparkling, classic Cologne freshness and mysterious oud woodiness. Unique and yet practically always wearable. In a way that's almost true - but I'm glad I had a bottling and didn't immediately go "all in" with a bottle purchase.

"Colonia Oud" is actually a good, not super-nerolic cologne right after spraying. Simple and very well done. Other notes have not yet crossed the conscious threshold of perception in the first minute, but they certainly make a subtle contribution to creating the impression of high quality. In the next few minutes more and more oud pushes itself into the foreground and in the first hour actually creates that promised interplay between summer freshness and smoky wood darkness. It's a bit simple, but I really appreciate such clear two-tones. Unfortunately, a certain tendency towards brittle simplicity cannot be completely denied in the following. The oud becomes harder, drier and more artificial. I don't know if real oud smells like that, but the impression is there. Perhaps a little more Amyris in the mixture would have been good for the fragrance, because a certain resinous or balsamic cushioning would be desirable. It is certainly the hard-standing, woody tips that create the feeling of slightly rough synthetics in me. This could have been counteracted. The durability is (at least at me) less pronounced than the ratings of the community suggest, which is also not tragic, since in the end almost only the (felt) synthetic rashes are perceptible.

By the way, "Colonia Oud" is one of my first consciously smelled oud scents and is perhaps the first one where I could smell out this note in such isolation. This was not the case with other perfumes such as YSL's "M7" or "Royal Oud" by Creed - on the contrary! And I was kind of disappointed. Meanwhile I am glad that these scents handle this fragrance so timidly. Similar to vetiver, it does not seem to be easy to dose this component correctly and integrate it harmoniously. The hype certainly also tempts to many strikingly composed one-trick ponies. Is "Colonia Oud" a bad scent? No, I sure as hell don't. But one with obvious shortcomings.

Jazzy76
A luxury pleasure to share
I tested this cologne today and it was a wonderful discovery: when the tree Leaves become golden and the air is fresher,you need a more intense fragrance which lasts on your skin with warm accents: well, this perfume is absolutely perfect. It is meant as cologne for man but I think it is very good for women too and on my skin the result is wonderful. At the opening I didn't smell the classic citrusy notes, but immediately a rich oud made spicy by the coriander touch, not too heavy and well balanced. The base is warm and rich: the leathery notes is the main on my skin and the patchouli isn't too hearty, but light and pleasant.
The sillage is quite strong for being a cologne and the classic bottle keeps Always is charm. The price is very high, maybe too high, but we are at the top . A luxury pleasure to share in the the colder season or by night.

4 season oud
A luminous blend of Acqua Di Parma’s Signature citrus notes open as The Magnum Opus drawing you in while an alluring Russian coriander,leather and Amyris accord highlight the heart. Very elegant, very rich constitutes the base with suedes leather and seductive Oud hold you close.

Finerthings8Finerthings8 25 days ago
It is very fresh, citrusy and zingy oud. It goes different direction then most of other oud parfums.It works well for daily use all year ar
JManDaveJManDave 5 years ago
Beautiful, soft Oud over Citrus. Not to everyone's taste but a Top 10 in my wardrobe.

by Lanto
by Liquidasset
by Carboytony
by Carboytony

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Mirra by Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma