Colonia Pura (2017)

Colonia Pura by Acqua di Parma

Colonia Pura is a perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Italian orange, Paraguayan petigrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesRussian coriander, Jasmine sambac absolute, French narcissus absolute
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar, Indonesian patchouli, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 05.07.2019

8.0 3.0 5.0 7.5/10

White shirt for Men
"Colonia Pura" is a white floral for the modern gentleman of world. At least that's what the makers of this polarizer must have thought. Almost a perfect perfume for a perfumer himself - discreet, radiant, pure. A citric jasmine jet man who redefines "freshly washed". Futuristic flower.

Dry and deluxe. Very high quality, there's no other way to say that. Some may find it boring or meaningless, but I can take enough pleasure in this pure style to keep my thumb clearly up. A "white" like that for a man, you gotta get it right first. Ungenious, summery, flowery, sensitive. Moschus is a big player here, along with brand-typical citrus chords that remain unbeaten. Iso-E-Super gives the whole thing an ultra-modern, synthetic coating. Idiots would say "gay," I would say "cool" to that. A matter of taste. And about that, as is generally known... Heavenly, in many ways and reversing some prejudices. And so then again somehow brave?!

Flacon: timeless elegance. The brand has found its language.
Sillage: not perceptible. At the most, if you get very close to the crowd. A fragrance almost exclusively for the wearer himself.
Durability: short-lived and cool - 5 hours

Conclusion: a pure, bright, radiant white floral fragrance for men - neutral and very noble, but also somewhat lame and bland. I like this luxurious, more neutral version of "Fleur du Male", though. Not very good. But enough. Test requirement for all men who like to wear flowers. A wedding scent?
8.0 5.0 6.0 6.5/10

Pure boredom
Soo... *munch* *munch* *crunch* *crunch* ...
You'll have to excuse me for a moment, but today is the first of December, which means I was able to open the first door of my Advent calendar, wohoooo! This time from this After-Eight Tower with delicious mint chocolate (today with white chocolate!) in it, hmm... :)

Soo,... after the chocolate's been crushed, I can come to the fragrance description!

Hmm,...
You know, somehow it took me quite a while to comment on this scent here. Normally I can hardly wait to try new Acqua di Parma fragrances. Because I like this brand, especially since I discovered Fico di Amalfi, which is one of my favourite fragrances especially in summer. Gradually I tested myself through the different perfumes and Colonias and at some point I had most of them, so that I could only wait for new fragrances. In 2017 Colonia Pura finally appeared.

I was happy to try this scent, but although the scent was not bad, the spark just didn't want to jump over. I have tried it again and again since then, and now also again and it simply could not inspire me. Still, I thought I'd write my opinion on it. To of course provide you with new reading material as always, so that you are not sad, so shortly before the 1st Advent (aaaaaah soon is finally Christmas, juchuuuu :))

But first of all: I still don't like the scent very much, and no, it's honestly not the coriander this time, which I always despise so much :D

The fragrance:
The scent actually begins quite nicely. It is fresh and I smell citric notes (mainly oranges) and light, sweet scents. There is also the coriander, which, however, is weak and doesn't really disturb, actually it provides a little, even nice herbaceous change. So you see that the coriander doesn't bother me here and that it is not the reason for my somewhat low rating of the fragrance.
The sweetish notes become slightly stronger after a few minutes, which is probably due to jasmine, which often gives off a stronger, sweet scent. Then a light, flowery and bitter note is added. This is the daffodil, but she is weak and I have to admit that I wouldn't have found this flower if it wasn't in the pyramid of scents, because normally the daffodil has a very distinctive scent for me, which you can recognize very fast.
A little later, the fragrance continues to be slightly citric, slightly sweet, woody and earthy because cedar and patchouli are added to the base. That's the way it stays. That means, the scent is not grottenschlecht, but somehow nevertheless boring (you will understand that especially if you smell the scent yourself). So for me it is a fragrance that you can safely leave behind, because there are much better fragrances from Acqua di Parma, even in this fragrance here.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is above average, at least at the beginning. Then the intensity decreases quickly and although it doesn't get close to the body, it is still quite weak, so that it can be smelled more closely.
The shelf life is five or six hours before it becomes too weak, and for a light Colonia I think it's quite good.

The bottle:
The bottle has the basic shape of all Acqua di Parma bottles and is therefore cylindrical, with a slightly wider height. It is clear and filled with a slightly green scented liquid. On the front there is a grey-silver label. The cylindrical lid is also wider in height and has the colour of the label, so the interplay of colours here is pretty good. In addition, the bottle lies very well in the hand. I like the bottle, even though I find the blue bottles of the Blu Mediterraneo fragrance range much more beautiful.

Okay, I think I know by now why I don't like this fragrance so much. As of the heart note, the fragrance begins to smell slightly insignificant as described. It's actually quite okay, because it doesn't smell bad, not overly synthetic (well, maybe a little synthetic in the later base), but it's nothing new, and even among the Acqua di Parmas there are similarly scented fragrances. He seems almost as if the perfumer wasn't so sure what to do now, so he has created a fragrance that looks like a kind of Colonia Light of existing and similarly scented fragrances, just a little more herbaceous and possibly even looser. In principle, Colonia Pura is a fragrance that already exists millions of times in this form and therefore looks boring.

I think that's a pity, because I expected something nicer, but still, if you want to have a look at it, you can do it for me. However, I would recommend more to many other Acqua di Parmas. With the "Mirra", which also appeared in 2017, Acqua di Parma did everything right again (don't forget, all this is of course only my personal opinion!), so that I would rather try the Mirra, or also the Chinotto di Liguria, which appeared this year. The Vaniglia should also be good, but I haven't tried it yet... I'll have to catch up quickly! By the way, Colonia Pura belongs to the summer and can be used as a simple day fragrance.

So, with this comments my written and published comments number has been increased by 1, yes! And for all those who just don't want to check it out, that's what I meant! Even though I should write many comments (and some might even think that I would do it compulsively, tss...), I do it because I like writing here and not to get as many commissions, awards or anything else as possible! Have you finally figured that out? No? I honestly didn't expect it either, tsss... :DDD

Well then, have a nice rest weekend! And especially tomorrow a nice 1st Advent... even if it is said that tomorrow should be quite stormy and rainy...
And we... "see" each other tomorrow evening probably again :D See you :)
7.0 5.0 6.0 5.0/10

Darkbeat
A cool colony too expensive for what it offers.
Today I am testing this Pure Colony of Acqua Di Parma, thanks to a sample, and that's it, a cool colony with an inflated price.

The output I love, it is a floral citrus aroma, quite pleasant, cheerful, fresh and sparkling, perfect for the heat of today, but, with how good the output is, in a matter of 20 minutes, it has given me a turn, that It has left me with a shrunken stomach, highlighting a pungent note of musky narcissus, which has stirred my guts, and it's a shame, because the start is fantastic, a pretty jovial and fresh aroma, incredibly nice to cool next summer, but its development, from the start, is deadly to my nose.

The perfume feels quality, but its performance is very loose, staying on my skin between 5 or 6 hours, with a moderate low projection, and although it sticks to the skin almost from the beginning, the narcissus got into my nose , and I was dizzy, smelled continuously, but only me, because I told my family members to smell me, and they told me that it smelled soft, but very well, in short, things of each other's chemistry.

It is a perfume of warm and temperate climates, and for day use, for casual outings and morning walks is a good candidate.

Being honest is a perfume that smells good, but I would not recommend it, especially due to its high cost and poor performance. It is one of those perfumes that I highly recommend a test before buying, to avoid disappointment, and once tested, if you like it, you yourself will know if it is worth the disbursement or not.

Sorry for my bad english.
8.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

MisterShaver
Once upon a time in Colonia ...
... and one asked oneself, how can we make our Ur Colonia fragrance, which has been around for a long time and rightly so, different without betraying it?

That could be how Pura got here. It starts with a citrus scent, but it only has orange in it. Okay, that's enough. Because in the overall composition the Ur Colonia is there, but somehow more modern. Pura doesn't start as loud as the Ur Colonia and the course remains exactly on this level. The beginning is just fresh and then it becomes something that you don't know so much about the great father. It evolves with a slight understatement to a truly elegant fragrance. It goes well with the fine suit, the leather shoe, the loose fitting tie with open upper shirt button. However, it is more inconspicuous for the environment, the scent remains close to the body. It's like a fine watch that was a bit more expensive, but doesn't look so fat (my tip would be the Junghans company with the Meister series).
And is all this now bad in the direction of ISO-E-Super? Not to me. It is perhaps an approach to another segment of the public that has so far been more dedicated to the modern and hip fragrance area. If that were even necessary. If so, then it is the possibility to build a bridge between these worlds. But it is by far no ingratiation by copying the synthetic fragrance world. Not by a long shot! The pura stays on its side, so to speak. It never slides into this sticky candy world or even violently clinging to the top note. It's just nobler, but it could go through on the modern side. Those who wear Pura still look fine, balanced and rather elegant. If you hang your clothes on the hanger in the evening then there is something else there. A light hint of fresh laundry .... does that come from the pura, or was it really the detergent? Just because I think it's possible it could come from the pura makes this fragrance something fine.
I think it's wonderful!

.... By the way, that's where Chnuddelchatz can stay and be stolen from me. Because what he does doesn't interest me very much.

KingPin 156 days ago
Pleasant citrus/barbershop, but there is better stuff for the price in the genre.+1
5.5
Pio 13 months ago
Beautiful summer scent. Fresh and wearable in all occasions. Unfortunately the performance is too weak, otherwise a very fine perfume.+2
10.0
Darkbeat 13 months ago
A cologne water, floral citrus, that smells good, but with a disproportionate price for what it offers.+2

by TheScenter
by TheScenter

Popular Acqua di Parma

Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Oud / Colonia Oud by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Leather / Colonia Leather by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma Colonia Club (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Gelsomino Nobile by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Ambra / Colonia Ambra by Acqua di Parma