Magnolia Nobile 2009 Eau de Parfum

Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma
Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot
Sicilian lemonSicilian lemon
Sicilian citronSicilian citron
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnoliaMagnolia
Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose
Tuberose absoluteTuberose absolute
Jasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
PatchouliPatchouli
VetiverVetiver
Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 30.07.2021.

Simpl
Quitting when you're ahead.
Granted, perhaps I should dedicate my first review to a fragrance that I've owned for more than a week or that has been with me in special situations, but Magnolia Nobile holds a special place in my heart...

There lay Magnolia Nobile... In the grave corner at the very bottom.... With several red price tags... opened... dented... in the large gift cylinder... for a price that was already so ridiculous it hurt.

What might have put others off piqued my curiosity and I thought to myself, buy it and if nothing comes of it, sell it and make a few more bucks.

1. Day: tested at home, noticed that Magnolia Nobile is a particular citrusy scent with floral hints and a woody base. I was taken, however, I found it too feminine and put it online the same day.

2./3.Day: I continued to test. The more I tested, the more multi-faceted I found it. A citrusy colonia with this much depth? Here is a lot going on in the fragrance pyramid.

4.Day: today wear this to work and as it turned out, Magnolia Nobile gave me a very special feeling while wearing it. The feeling that I knew no one far and wide smelled like me.
Questionable? I considered.

Arriving home, I found that this fine little water had accompanied me for a whole day, and without running out of puff. Impressive.

5. Day: It's Friday and SOTD is Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile. Too feminine? No! So what if it is. I wear what I want! Yes this perfume is made for me. It pleases, has depth and doesn't smell like every other.

Arrived home and me again at the fact that I can still perceive him, when suddenly my wife quite casually:
Oh yeah honey, did you see? You were selling something on the internet.

My world collapsed internally at that moment. What????

6. Day: packed up, refurbished and polished for the new owner. There is nothing left of the wallflower that was left lying around. Still, I'm sad but I'm keeping my word and dropping it off at the post office today.

Saturday night: As a perfume collector for years, I had never felt so close to the "Holy Grail" and I have to have it back. I rattle my entire city asking passersby for a gold bottle. People think I've gone crazy but I MUST have it again!

I wake up. It was a dream. This dream, which is not made up, framed my experiences with Magnolia Nobile and gave it a special place in my heart.

If I procure him again, it will not be the same, I know that.

If I let him go, perhaps the memory will remain forever.

Sometimes you have to stop when it's at its best.

Grazie

Too nobile
In my city, for any reason, there are many magnolia trees. I mean, they are not originary from here (i believe they come from North America) but is one flower i have had around forever. In summer we always had magnolia flowers at home, one single flower in one teacup or any wide short glass. The water of the cup, after a couple days, was so strongly magnolia scented that i was trying to keep it in bottles, but it was always rottening soon and you could only use it for some days...

I really like the scent of magnolia: though intense and persistent, it is softly floral, milky and lemony at the same time, little bit sour... so i always wanted to find a convincing magnolia perfume.

Magnolia Nobile, as it is the trademark of Aqua di Parma (who normally features local ingredients from the Emilia-Romagna city) starts very citric. The lemon is very refreshing and bright, but not blinding, i find it enjoyable. The magnolia note blooms almost immediately, a bit aldehydic and heady first. The general feeling is (in this first stage) more a flowery classic cologne than a soliflore. I find the magnolia in MN to be rather authenthic, with this tart emanation along with the soft aquaeous flower scent. As the brightness of the citrus fades the fragance becomes more the soliflore i was aiming for. Magnolia is adorned by the fruitier facet of the rose, almost strawberry tinged. I don´t detect jasmine, but it could contain hedione. The tuberose is very soft and never competes with the magnolia, in any case adds depth. A lemony whiff stays. So far, great.

After a couple hours warm notes of wood and earthy vetiver arise. The floral notes are kept (the magnolia persists heroically and with it, a bit more noticeable tuberose but not a shiny one, and a bit insecticide rose) Then, although is well blended gets boring, and, hmmm, dated. Magnolia Nobile, after the freshness is gone, turns heavier, too proper, a little dull and old-fashioned.

I guess it is classy. And noble. I don´t hate it, i do not madly love it either, so lets leave it in a tie.

Lemon and magnolia
I was beyond excited to try this fragrance. I almost dreamt about it.

Magnolia Nobile does indeed start out citrusy and alcoholic, however the more it settles on the skin the better it becomes.

The magnolia is obviously a dominant note in this composition, however the lemony finish tends to override it ever so slightly. I was disappointed that the rose and jasmine were not as prominent. The woodsy notes tend to be the main focus in the heart and drydown.

I was honestly enjoying this delightful, Summery take on magnolia until it suddenly transformed into a big, strong, bathroom air-freshner type scent. Please don't get me wrong, it's not terrible, it's just not to my personal tastes.

The scent is very feminine, just not very young or lively. For such an expensive price tag and a niche label, I really did expect something a little better, perhaps more floral and rich.

by Tais
by Tais
by Sueskind
by Sueskind
by Kwad
by Kwad

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Quercia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria La Spugnatura by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Ebano by Acqua di Parma