Leather 2019 Eau de Parfum

Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma
Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2019. The scent is leathery-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBrazilian orangeBrazilian orange
HoneysuckleHoneysuckle
Red thymeRed thyme
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather
Atlas cedarAtlas cedar
Paraguayan gaiac woodParaguayan gaiac wood

Submitted by SunnySmiles, last update on 25.10.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma, which differs in concentration.

Unfortunately, no 10 ..
The prelude starts very strong leathery, which leaves a tanned impression and rebellious, also later calms down a bit but still remains active. A few seconds later, the fruity part begins to participate, you can absolutely smell all the individual fruit notes that complement each other damn well with the leather. Everything seems very well balanced. It's not for example that you can smell the rose very strongly, and the raspberry not at all! The leather remains from the beginning to the end and harmonizes with the fruit, which is not sweet and very pleasant. The Acqua di Parma Leather Edp is my absolute favorite from the house, which is why I would definitely advise a sample. On the whole, it seems very high quality and play candidate in the upper class which is why I would actually have to give him a 10/10 but the performance unfortunately does not allow it ... I would have liked the much more with power which is why I gave him the 9/10! Would it be a buy candidate ? Definitely yes!
Honest leather without accessories
Before diving deeper into the world of fragrances, my small collection consisted of scents like Guilty Absolute or Homme Intense. The Gucci I appreciate even today, at that time I found him very intense and have heard for him at no time a comment. In the meantime I don't own it anymore but for me this fragrance paved the way to leather fragrances, it reminded me of the leather goods shop or the cobbler. Now quite a while passed before I realized my final love for leather scents through Colonia Leather by AdP. In my comment on Colonia fragrances I put this down. That refreshing element on top of coarse leather, I really liked it. When I wanted to buy this perfume - and now we finally come to the perfume we are talking about here - I found out that the brown series is being discontinued. But since I had tested this one and it was now available at a good price due to the launch of the black series, I bought Colonia Leather among others. Until I thought a few weeks ago, a comparison must be here but I honestly know many of the brown and black bottles and can say that the differences were marginal. But they are there and they are also with the Leather in relation to the Colonia variant. But realistically, you will only notice them if you know at least one of the scents very well. Outsiders will not notice the different nuances.

The prelude usual leathery, usual coarse, reminiscences of Italian leather alleys resonate, in addition, freshly squeezed lemons, the acid splashes on the leather and refines this, yes chiselled the leather as if it were a stone, which it is to hew artistically.
But still...I register the first differences. The leather here seems a little more refined, not simplistic or crudely produced. A hesperidic touch lays over the leather. Do I like this better now? Well, I don't really know. Both have their charms, probably I tend to the old version.

Are raspberry and rose actually really there? Yes; for my sensation and with much focus on the fragrance, these are quite far back there however not as individual olfactory ingredients but rather as part of a whole. This leather, as crude as it has been constructed, is enriched by the facets of the other notes. This is very rare, but AdP is able to open with a leathery freshness and then let the leather appear more charming and cosmopolitan through the other notes. A great production and if one did not know about the raspberry and rose, I, at least, would never have noticed this because both ingredients behave olfactory incoherent to on paper similar fragrances.

At all: at no time one loses the tart element of leather, never dominate other notes and Leather threatens in no phase to become fruity or even cloying. This title acts more uncompromising than others of its kind. That's what I appreciate about this product. You can create a swell leather scent without saffron and consorts.

My conclusion: whether brown or black, both versions are successful, the differences are marginal and so it is recommended to choose the cheaper respectively, the choice is taken anyway when the brown series is no longer available. AdP continues to prove to me how ambivalent this house can be and above all that they don't just master one style. Leather is a fantastic leather scent and not at all similar to the well-known creations. I think I have now sufficiently paraphrased Leather and its advantages.

Gorgeous
This is a masculine scent, but as a woman, I am obsessed with how this smells on me, especially when layered with a lighter floral fragrance with an animalic note. Gorgeous in winter with leather and cashmere. However, on my skin the fragrance disappears very abruptly after 4-5 hours. The sillage is insane, some people might not like the fragrance, on women or men. I think they are weak. This is a strong statement fragrance, warm and comforting through the herbal and woody notes, and the fresh opening stops it from being immediately too cloying. Highly recommend, but if you are planning to be out all day take a wee purse spray or apply it to a scarf or cardigan so the fragrance can continue to radiate.

Almost perfect leather
First of all this is my first cologne from Acqua di parma brand and they really surprised me with this perfume, it was a blind buy, i was searching for a more interesting "ombre leather" type fragrance and i found it. For me, this is the perfect leather with moderate performance. What can i expect more ? I was searching a little for their methods of "building" a perfume and found out they kept the old tradition with blending ingredients. Just bought it today and i just ordered another bottle of 100 ml. This is the first time i'm so happy with a blind buy and i have a very nice collection of 50+ perfumes (35 + niche only).

About the smell: Smoky leather and fresh citrus fruits ... that's it! It's so simple, fragrances don't need to be complicated :)

The only inconvenience on this is that doesn't last too much on skin ... or at least on my skin, it lasts about 5 hours and after that remains only a shadow of it.

This is my first review so i hope i managed to give an idea for the future buyer :)

Cheers!

by Golcher
by Golcher
by Denver87
by Denver87
by Bytao7mao
by Bytao7mao

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria La Spugnatura by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Quercia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma