Oud 2019 Eau de Parfum

Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma
Bottle Design Acqua di Parma
Oud (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-citrusy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot
Base Notes Base NotesAtlas cedarAtlas cedar
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
MuskMusk

Submitted by SunnySmiles, last update on 25.09.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma, which differs in concentration.

Show respect for him!
Ice-cold eyes stare at you. Not a blink is stirring. You want to avoid his gaze, but you can't. He's so attractive. He makes you dependent. He doesn't have to please you, you want to please him. He's complacent, giving you orders that don't always make you feel good - you carry them out anyway. You are not attracted to him because he is particularly attractive. You are attracted to him because he is powerful. You're attracted to him because he's borderline arrogant. He is the boss who is above it all.
Show respect for Him!

AdP Oud is a fragrance that brings the solution to difficult conflict conversations. Got a problem with someone? Settle it in person and wear this fragrance. I have yet to know a scent that triggers such an association of, excuse me, "bossiness" in me.

A not at all peasant, noble oud note that is courted by a hint of citrus. Finally, no oud fragrance that seems oriental, but simply clean, cool and powerful does what it should:
Trigger the feeling of superiority in the wearer, while smelling more than just high quality. The durability is clearly perceptibly strong with 7 hours, the sillage is just in the first 2 hours very boozy.

Surely this fragrance does not really fit casual clothes. Noble it must be. The President of this world in a tailored suit. But what goes together in this world? I for one enjoy it mostly for me, unless there is something to clarify ;).

____

Even if the one or the other Parfumo my description of iciness, power and arrogance could rather deter, I can only warmest recommend this fragrance to test, even if he is certainly not an Allday.

Fragrances trigger images, but if an image is so grandiose and aesthetically drawn as it draws this fragrance, why should it always be friendly images? Arrogance can be attractive!

8.5/10

Perfect scent but ..
For me, the fragrance itself is absolutely top class. Woody, spicy, slightly smoky and citrusy. In addition, the fragrance brings a touch of luxury with it. A class interaction, packed in a beautiful simple and high-quality feeling bottle.

Unfortunately, I can not agree with the reviews regarding durability and sillage.
For me, the durability is only average (Wear 5-6 sprayers on) and also sillage is in my opinion only in the first 1-2 hours good. Beginning, the scent is already very present, but pleasant. Confirmation I get here also from others.

The fragrance is wearable all year round. From a little warmer weather to high summer but perfect.

Due to H / S I can imagine that 200 € for one or the other could be a bit too much, but that it could be a bad buy I doubt.

For me, this is one of the best Oud fragrances
Italy in the evening... 26 degrees
In search of a souvenir from Italy on vacation discovered a small perfumery in a side street...
Acqua du Parma on the shelf beautifully presented. Actually, acqua di Parma has never really tangent me and convinced, but maybe I had never found the right fragrance.
There it stood, black and graceful, the oud.
i wanted a summer fragrance, something light, tangy, but yet no oud fragrance.
I was taught better.
The first spray on the test strip showed me immediately what I have to do with it. With a perfume of class. And even what I was looking for, something tangy, light. At first! but about that later
The scent of bergamot with the incorporated oud made my eyes widen.
Indeed. An oud scent, absolutely suitable for summer.
A spray on the back of my hand and I gratefully left the store to see how it would develop... and develop it did. Although it seemed light at first it became stronger, darker from quarter hour to quarter hour. The oud more present but without ever losing its light start with the bergamot.
Woody freshness spread. A perfume of absolute class.
The nuances were enough for me to buy with the fragrance.
Evening, go out. Three spritz
and again this phenomenal prelude, again this beautiful course. But after two hours I thought he was gone. I was wrong. Apparently I floated in this powerful and yet light cloud and I was confirmed even after a few hours that I smelled clearly.
The next morning, a grip over the neck. It is still present.
A great fragrance which really provides a magical aura. Light and yet powerful, floral and yet woody.
Very very nice
Fresh-woody
For the name and bottle a very fresh-woody fragrance. Slight earthiness through the patchouli and the often mentioned "sour" note I also smell, but I do not find it disturbing, on the contrary. It makes the fragrance also good in warmer temperatures up to 25*C wearable. A fragrance for self-confident men! H/S good. ~200 euros are however quite a lot.
Luxurious, Serious Italian
Oud is almost the whole year over my all-rounder. Has nothing to do with oriental "animalistic" Oud.
No Oriental influence but a luxurious, serious Italian. He is not playful and pulls his line through from start to finish.

Summer Oud
Perfect balanced orange oud. I don't know what more to say. it is a pleasant oud with a summer whiff of citrus fruits. One of the best oud scents I've ever known. One of my top discoveries last year.

ADP Oud EDP
I walked into a high end fashion store, headed to their fragrance section and the sales guy there asked if i was looking for anything in particular. I said well i'm looking for a special oud fragrance that screams bold, sexy, loud and smells damn good.

Sales person presents me with Breydo Oud Immortel and i felt that i have used a fragrance similar to it before as i wanted something new to add to my collection. Then he spays this gorgeous fragrance on the testing strip and guess what? I immediately paid for it and left the store! BOOM!!!

Fast forward to 4 months later, not a week goes by without me wearing this Italian Stallion.. I love it! I f you are a guy and don't have this in your collection, do yourself a favour and get this NOW!

Acqua Di Parma i salute you on this gem!

AdP does it again
I never cared about AdP until a month (or so) ago and I’m glad I decided to give them a chance. Essenza is a great summer scent with a clean soapy vibe, Colonia Club is gentlemanly with fougere vibes and Colonia Intensa is a classy masterpiece. Their fragrances are so bright and summer that I was hesitant about an AdP Oud scent but once again they found the way to exceed all my expectation.

On the first test it didn’t blow my mind. The scent was very interesting, very niche but somehow I got a shoe polish vibe however, it usually takes me a 2nd or 3rd wear to start getting a fragrance’s subtleties and this was the case. AdP Oud has a nice citrusy note (it wouldn’t be Acqua di Parma without it right?) which adds some brightness and versatility to it, I also get a nice leather accord, in fact I feel leather as a main player and Oud on the background supporting it.

Performance is not what you’d want or even expect from such a nice scent with heavy notes as these, you’d expect something around the 8 or 9 hours and very offensive but I get around 5 hours and projects nicely for the first 2 hours and then starts to fade into a skin scent.
Versatility is really good, perhaps the best you can get out of an Oud fragrance (at least one where you can actually smell some Oud) and perhaps in order to get such versatility performance has to be compromised.

I really really enjoy this release and every time I wear it I like it more.

What a wonderful surprise, I found my OUD
Hi perfume lovers,

I like very much Oud Ispahan, Gucci Oud, MFK Silk Oud (more rose than oud but anyway) .. so not very hardcore, punch in the face type of OUD.

Browsing for my next scent, I found this OUD edp in Douglas Düsseldorf today and tried it both on the little AdP band available but also on the skin. Wow what a citrusy start with mature, strong OUD drydown.

I bought a 180ml bottle of this magical perfume and I am looking forward to enjoy it for the next months.

Sprayed at 12 at noon, it is still strong on my skin at 18 and the notes are so easy to identify.
This is my 1st AdP but what a nice surprise, well done guys from LVMH with this masterpiece!

The Italian temptation
I knew that the scent would be very similar to Colonia-Oud. That's why I had no great interest in trying this one. Thanks to CD1810, who kindly provided me with a sample of this scent from my Nuit de Feu bottling, I was able to test it anyway. And I am absolutely positively surprised. But in order:

The fragrance starts with an out & citrus liaison. And it is quite strong and intense. The oud is clearly noticeable and is complemented rather than hidden by the citrus notes. That impressed me somewhat, because exactly this intensity was missing in Colonia.

I could not determine a great course of events. It's moving a little more in the direction of Amyris, yes. The citrus notes weaken a little bit, yes. But that's what it was. Timelessly elegant and really exactly what I want to smell when I stroll through Italian streets.

While I found the Colonia not only too weak but also too boring, I like the same DNA in this fragrance very much. The intensity makes the fragrance more sparkling and thus also more summery despite the higher concentration. Nevertheless nothing big innovative and very pleasing. It is probably aimed more at an older and classically oriented target group.

Durability and silage are also much better. The shelf life is easily one working day. The sillage opens up brute force, but definitely decreases after one to two hours.

Conclusion: Great Sommeroud, somehow egg-laying wool-milk sow. Fresh without denying the oud origin. Just what many oud lovers will have been looking for for the summer. I'm tempted to buy it. Cheers

TeleraTelera 1 year ago
Salida fuerte y cítrica, buen olor en general a perfume italiano. El oud aparece como fondo suave, bastante refinado, poco animal o salvaje.
PioPio 2 years ago
Wonderful. Strong and unique.
K84K84 2 years ago
Same scent as Colonia Oud Eau concentree but in a beautiful new flacon. I don't find it neither more concentrated nor more powerful
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
If you already have Colonia Intensa Oud, no additional purchase is necessary. It has the same smell, rather insufficient performance.

by LadyLuxifer
by CharlAmbre
by AirTiger
by AirTiger

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria La Spugnatura by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Quercia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Colonia Ebano by Acqua di Parma