Oud 2019Eau de Parfum

Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma
Bottle Design Acqua di Parma
Oud (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-citrusy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Italian orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesOud, Haitian amyris, Russian coriander
Base Notes Base NotesAtlas cedar, Indonesian patchouli, Sandalwood, Musk

Submitted by SunnySmiles, last update on 08.11.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma, which differs in concentration.

ADP Oud EDP
I walked into a high end fashion store, headed to their fragrance section and the sales guy there asked if i was looking for anything in particular. I said well i'm looking for a special oud fragrance that screams bold, sexy, loud and smells damn good.

Sales person presents me with Breydo Oud Immortel and i felt that i have used a fragrance similar to it before as i wanted something new to add to my collection. Then he spays this gorgeous fragrance on the testing strip and guess what? I immediately paid for it and left the store! BOOM!!!

Fast forward to 4 months later, not a week goes by without me wearing this Italian Stallion.. I love it! I f you are a guy and don't have this in your collection, do yourself a favour and get this NOW!

Acqua Di Parma i salute you on this gem!

AdP does it again
I never cared about AdP until a month (or so) ago and I’m glad I decided to give them a chance. Essenza is a great summer scent with a clean soapy vibe, Colonia Club is gentlemanly with fougere vibes and Colonia Intensa is a classy masterpiece. Their fragrances are so bright and summer that I was hesitant about an AdP Oud scent but once again they found the way to exceed all my expectation.

On the first test it didn’t blew my mind. The scent was very interesting, very niche but somehow I got a shoe polish vibe however, it usually takes me a 2nd or 3rd wear to start getting a fragrance’s subtleties and this was the case. AdP Oud has a nice citrusy note (it wouldn’t be Acqua di Parma without it right?) which adds some brightness and versatility to it, I also get a nice leather accord, in fact I feel leather as a main player and Oud on the background supporting it.

Performance is not what you’d want or even expect from such a nice scent with heavy notes as these, you’d expect something around the 8 or 9 hours and very offensive but I get around 5 hours and projects nicely for the first 2 hours and then starts to fade into a skin scent.
Versatility is really good, perhaps the best you can get out of an Oud fragrance (at least one where you can actually smell some Oud) and perhaps in order to get such versatility performance has to be compromised.

I really really enjoy this release and every time I wear it I like it more.

What a wonderful surprise, I found my OUD
Hi perfume lovers,

I like very much Oud Ispahan, Gucci Oud, MFK Silk Oud (more rose than oud but anyway) .. so not very hardcore, punch in the face type of OUD.

Browsing for my next scent, I found this OUD edp in Douglas Düsseldorf today and tried it both on the little AdP band available but also on the skin. Wow what a citrusy start with mature, strong OUD drydown.

I bought a 180ml bottle of this magical perfume and I am looking forward to enjoy it for the next months.

Sprayed at 12 at noon, it is still strong on my skin at 18 and the notes are so easy to identify.
This is my 1st AdP but what a nice surprise, well done guys from LVMH with this masterpiece!

The Italian temptation
I knew that the scent would be very similar to Colonia-Oud. That's why I had no great interest in trying this one. Thanks to CD1810, who kindly provided me with a sample of this scent from my Nuit de Feu bottling, I was able to test it anyway. And I am absolutely positively surprised. But in order:

The fragrance starts with an out & citrus liaison. And it is quite strong and intense. The oud is clearly noticeable and is complemented rather than hidden by the citrus notes. That impressed me somewhat, because exactly this intensity was missing in Colonia.

I could not determine a great course of events. It's moving a little more in the direction of Amyris, yes. The citrus notes weaken a little bit, yes. But that's what it was. Timelessly elegant and really exactly what I want to smell when I stroll through Italian streets.

While I found the Colonia not only too weak but also too boring, I like the same DNA in this fragrance very much. The intensity makes the fragrance more sparkling and thus also more summery despite the higher concentration. Nevertheless nothing big innovative and very pleasing. It is probably aimed more at an older and classically oriented target group.

Durability and silage are also much better. The shelf life is easily one working day. The sillage opens up brute force, but definitely decreases after one to two hours.

Conclusion: Great Sommeroud, somehow egg-laying wool-milk sow. Fresh without denying the oud origin. Just what many oud lovers will have been looking for for the summer. I'm tempted to buy it. Cheers
The Mighty One
Oud is, admittedly, not my favorite ingredient in fragrances in general. Because I don't like heavy, oriental scents in general and (at least in my impression) they don't really suit me as a guy. Therefore, this sinfully expensive and sometimes difficult to obtain tree resin, despite its great popularity, not only in the Arab world, has so far mostly passed me by. With one single exception: oud wood by Tom Ford, here I find this fabric extremely elegant and finely arranged, that even convinced me.

Now also one of my favourite brands, which launches another representative in this segment. Obviously you can make good money with oud variations at the moment, the hype is opaque to me, but okay, produced and sold what the market demands, it's as simple as that. First of all, I have to say that I tested the Colonia Oud with (at least according to the scent pyramid) exactly the same ingredients, but I considered it irrelevant, it wasn't even worth a short statement.

The perfume, however, attracted my attention because of the deep black typical AdP flacon, the gold-coloured inscription forms an extreme contrast and makes the part simply an eye-catcher. As a result, the whole thing screams for a test and a sample from the perfumery was quickly taken home.

In the morning three sprayers, neck left right plus wrist and off to the car. A little later, 10 seconds after getting out of the car, I realized I left my cell phone in the car, so I went back and opened the car again. Wow, guys, the cloud of scent that came towards me was already enormous, I almost didn't dare to get into the elevator afterwards. An hour later, out of the office, pulling out a cappuccino from the coffee machine. Back to the office and the same effect as with the car. Open the door, ouiui, that smells really good. I know few fragrances that are so present, even performance bombs like the Memo creations suddenly seem harmless to me :-o
In other words, Sillage at the highest level, respect.

Now what do you smell when you open the car or office door? It would not be a real AdP, if there was not also a good pinch of fruitiness in this case. This, however, is accompanied from the start by bergamot, even more captured, for a second I felt reminded of Bergamotto Calabria, which is of course much purer, fresher and more summery. Oud Parfum is also far from being as citric as its classic brothers, then quickly becomes "oudy", extremely full, a fragrance of the highest density, but without ever slipping into the pompous or otherwise getting lost. Speaks for the high quality craftsmanship with which one went to work here. With my dosage not only enveloping me but also my complete environment, you have to want that and then you have to be able to get rid of it, hehe. As a result, looks and questions are not absent.

After hours the composition becomes a bit softer, slightly woody and I think I can hear a bit of musky notes. Nevertheless, the DNA of AdP remains recognizable even after a long time, a little bit of fruit always remains audible and I think that's great. From a subjective point of view, the Sillage says goodbye after about 8 hours. In the evening off to the swimming pool. Even in the chlorine pregnant sports pool I can still smell oud perfume on me, unbelievable. Can this durability be topped at all? After the shower back in the car, I put my wrist to my nose, actually only to convince myself that there is nothing more. What do I smell? No, no shower gel. Oud perfume has survived an hour of chlorinated water and the shower. Without words.

Time for a résumé.
The fragrance is a hammer in the proverbial sense. Powerful, room filling, oud underlaid with slightly citric, woody and musky notes. The mixture is special and interesting, but not everyone will like it.
Sillage, see above, an adequate dosage should be considered :-) the thing is called perfume.
Durability, hohoho, my dear Scholli, many others will bite their teeth out at this.
Flacon as known, I find the combination of darkness and gold extremely successful.

The result is a fragrance that takes up and presents the theme of oud in a new, Italian style, one that leaves a lasting impression.

I personally will still stay with Tom Ford, because in direct comparison the better fitting representative of this genre for me.

TeleraTelera 2 months ago
Salida fuerte y cítrica, buen olor en general a perfume italiano. El oud aparece como fondo suave, bastante refinado, poco animal o salvaje.
PioPio 9 months ago
Wonderful. Strong and unique.
K84K84 10 months ago
Same scent as Colonia Oud Eau concentree but in a beautiful new flacon. I don't find it neither more concentrated nor more powerful
KimJongKimJong 11 months ago
If you already have Colonia Intensa Oud, no additional purchase is necessary. It has the same smell, rather insufficient performance.

by LadyLuxifer
by LadyLuxifer
by Jens73
by Jens73
by Razvanyke
by Razvanyke

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Colonia Mirra by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma