Oud 2019 Eau de Parfum

Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma
Bottle Design Acqua di Parma
Top 83 in Men's Perfume
Oud (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Acqua di Parma for men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot Italian orangeItalian orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesOudOud Haitian amyrisHaitian amyris Russian corianderRussian coriander
Base Notes Base NotesAtlas cedarAtlas cedar Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli SandalwoodSandalwood MuskMusk

Submitted by SunnySmiles, last update on 25.06.2022.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma, which differs in concentration.

Splitter
With a shake of the head
September 2020:
For a long time, a small bottling of this on paper excellent fragrance lay in my sample tray. Long I waited, when the right time is to try this yet quite expensive perfume.
Then came a day with time and I sprayed it on.

Yes, it's there. Fresh, citrusy, warm, very slightly woody first. Really much develops then also not more. Sure, everything fresh and citrus disappears from the top note and gives the view of the rest free. But there's nothing really outstanding to be found there. The fragrance is warm, spicy, woody, all in all neatly composed. Only justify the price called.... He can not do that for me.

Well, for me he simply does not seem to be, this successful attempt to create an oud for late summer or even summer evenings. Because he is - even if very lengthy and persistent - me too tender, too close, too conservative and classic, all in all just too everyday, goes at the same time but also somehow under.
And when then the last rays of sandalwood and very gentle cedar lose their glow, comes with me also nothing more crawled behind the stove.

Yes, he's there. He's nice. He stays for a while. Also nice. He then disappears again at some point. Still nice.
------------
November 2021:
Over a year after I wrote the above, I'm re-sampling to see if anything has changed, and yes, I haven't posted this review in that long.
Even twice I gave it another chance. But seriously, what's the oud doing in this name? The vanishingly small proportions in the composition are so negligible that it seems outright misleading and makes all the good reviews far from understandable for me.

Those who like it, please feel free. But I have to conclude for me, this fragrance sucks.
It could be any brand. There's nothing here that seems distinctive or special in any way. It's just... a creamy woody scent with citrusy notes.

Top 90 men's perfumes? How did it do that?
The strong Italian
ADP was one of the first houses, off the designer mainstream, that got my attention years ago.... I was with friends in Las Vegas and my room neighbor had the same fragrance on every day, which I had noticed again and again very positively during the trip - I then inevitably asked him: "What perfume do you actually wear?"....his answer was short and sweet..."I have only one fragrance and that is Acqua die Parma - I wear it every day"....which exactly, he did not tell me and I had not questioned it at that time and went in the time after again and again in Pafümerien and tested many of the series and also got again and again samples with.

I must say - I love this ADP DNA unbelievable - this citrus freshness that is simply incomparable in almost all of the good ADP's occurs...what I do not love or loved is the incredibly poor performance! For the prices actually a cheek somehow...I find a good durability and Sillage at smells almost just as importantly as the smell itself...hab already innzällige unfassbar good smells because of bad performance away given (The One, D&G pour Homme, LNDL uvm.)
But I really wanted to own an ADP and bought me a good 2 months ago the Sandalo - great fragrance. This citrusy freshness paired with woods - wonderfully beautiful fragrance but again, the durability was unfortunately not good and I gave the fragrance again....

I wanted to give up already what ADP concerns and smelled by chance in Breuninger the ADP Oud on a test strip. On the same day in the Breuninger I also tested the Xerjoff Naxos and the Accento - so bull-strong competition for the ADP :-)
In the end, I had to admit that the ADP Oud convinced me the most of all three. He could keep up with the performance (only the Naxos was even more brutal), but had me vond er fragrance DNA of all three most gripped!!!

It's masculine, strong and still has that incomparable ADP DNA in it...fresh and heavy at the same time somehow - perfect balance - no matter if it's warm or cold outside, it always fits! The oud note is super pleasant and zero stinky.... I had to get me a bottle and do not regret it to this day!
It performs well on me and with me! Not very very well - it's not a beast - but it's extremely solid and I can detect the scent on me all day. He reaches sometime even like fresh laundry on me :-)

Finally, Acqua di Parma has managed to bring a fragrance on the market that performs...smell do almost all of those good!
Burak46
In his class, nothing to doubt !
The Acqua di Parma oud is a very pleasant oud fragrance. The various citrus notes with the woods extremely well combined. An absolute compliment magnet for the warmer days into the summer. The oud note is so good that I would even call it a beginner's oud, without being animalic or fecal. ...The relationship of Adp Leather, Oud, Oud & Spice are unmistakable! It seems a bit fresh but also has a slightly smoky touch which goes extremely well with the patchouli. I find that it hardly makes a change, the drives straight only one line. On the whole, all the ingredients have been chosen very well, so the fragrance is perfect and there is no doubt about its class! The performance could have been better at the proud price, which is again a clear minus point for me. Nevertheless, he is very very well done ;))
Acqua di Parma Oud
Acqua di Parma Oud is an elegant men's fragrance that was originally released as part of the Ingredients Collection and relaunched in 2019 along with four perfumes in the Signatures of the Sun Collection. Nothing has changed in the formulation, but the bottle now shines in mystical black. With its woody and spicy presence, the fragrance will delight men who are looking for something special. The durability and sillage of Acqua di Parma Oud is well above average.
Show respect for him!
Ice-cold eyes stare at you. Not a blink is stirring. You want to avoid his gaze, but you can't. He's so attractive. He makes you dependent. He doesn't have to please you, you want to please him. He's complacent, giving you orders that don't always make you feel good - you carry them out anyway. You are not attracted to him because he is particularly attractive. You are attracted to him because he is powerful. You're attracted to him because he's borderline arrogant. He is the boss who is above it all.
Show respect for Him!

AdP Oud is a fragrance that brings the solution to difficult conflict conversations. Got a problem with someone? Settle it in person and wear this fragrance. I have yet to know a scent that triggers such an association of, excuse me, "bossiness" in me.

A not at all peasant, noble oud note that is courted by a hint of citrus. Finally, no oud fragrance that seems oriental, but simply clean, cool and powerful does what it should:
Trigger the feeling of superiority in the wearer, while smelling more than just high quality. The durability is clearly perceptibly strong with 7 hours, the sillage is just in the first 2 hours very boozy.

Surely this fragrance does not really fit casual clothes. Noble it must be. The President of this world in a tailored suit. But what goes together in this world? I for one enjoy it mostly for me, unless there is something to clarify ;).

____

Even if the one or the other Parfumo my description of iciness, power and arrogance could rather deter, I can only warmest recommend this fragrance to test, even if he is certainly not an Allday.

Fragrances trigger images, but if an image is so grandiose and aesthetically drawn as it draws this fragrance, why should it always be friendly images? Arrogance can be attractive!

8.5/10

Perfect scent but ..
For me, the fragrance itself is absolutely top class. Woody, spicy, slightly smoky and citrusy. In addition, the fragrance brings a touch of luxury with it. A class interaction, packed in a beautiful simple and high-quality feeling bottle.

Unfortunately, I can not agree with the reviews regarding durability and sillage.
For me, the durability is only average (Wear 5-6 sprayers on) and also sillage is in my opinion only in the first 1-2 hours good. Beginning, the scent is already very present, but pleasant. Confirmation I get here also from others.

The fragrance is wearable all year round. From a little warmer weather to high summer but perfect.

Due to H / S I can imagine that 200 € for one or the other could be a bit too much, but that it could be a bad buy I doubt.

For me, this is one of the best Oud fragrances
Italy in the evening... 26 degrees
In search of a souvenir from Italy on vacation discovered a small perfumery in a side street...
Acqua du Parma on the shelf beautifully presented. Actually, acqua di Parma has never really tangent me and convinced, but maybe I had never found the right fragrance.
There it stood, black and graceful, the oud.
i wanted a summer fragrance, something light, tangy, but yet no oud fragrance.
I was taught better.
The first spray on the test strip showed me immediately what I have to do with it. With a perfume of class. And even what I was looking for, something tangy, light. At first! but about that later
The scent of bergamot with the incorporated oud made my eyes widen.
Indeed. An oud scent, absolutely suitable for summer.
A spray on the back of my hand and I gratefully left the store to see how it would develop... and develop it did. Although it seemed light at first it became stronger, darker from quarter hour to quarter hour. The oud more present but without ever losing its light start with the bergamot.
Woody freshness spread. A perfume of absolute class.
The nuances were enough for me to buy with the fragrance.
Evening, go out. Three spritz
and again this phenomenal prelude, again this beautiful course. But after two hours I thought he was gone. I was wrong. Apparently I floated in this powerful and yet light cloud and I was confirmed even after a few hours that I smelled clearly.
The next morning, a grip over the neck. It is still present.
A great fragrance which really provides a magical aura. Light and yet powerful, floral and yet woody.
Very very nice
Fresh-woody
For the name and bottle a very fresh-woody fragrance. Slight earthiness through the patchouli and the often mentioned "sour" note I also smell, but I do not find it disturbing, on the contrary. It makes the fragrance also good in warmer temperatures up to 25*C wearable. A fragrance for self-confident men! H/S good. ~200 euros are however quite a lot.
Luxurious, Serious Italian
Oud is almost the whole year over my all-rounder. Has nothing to do with oriental "animalistic" Oud.
No Oriental influence but a luxurious, serious Italian. He is not playful and pulls his line through from start to finish.

Summer Oud
Perfect balanced orange oud. I don't know what more to say. it is a pleasant oud with a summer whiff of citrus fruits. One of the best oud scents I've ever known. One of my top discoveries last year.

PedroCabralPedroCabral 2 months ago
Delicious, dark, luxurious, intense, masculine perfume. Similar to ADP Colonia Oud EDC Concentrée.
TeleraTelera 2 years ago
Salida fuerte y cítrica, buen olor en general a perfume italiano. El oud aparece como fondo suave, bastante refinado, poco animal o salvaje.
PioPio 2 years ago
Wonderful. Strong and unique.
K84K84 2 years ago
Same scent as Colonia Oud Eau concentree but in a beautiful new flacon. I don't find it neither more concentrated nor more powerful
KimJongKimJong 3 years ago
If you already have Colonia Intensa Oud, no additional purchase is necessary. It has the same smell, rather insufficient performance.

by LadyLuxifer
by CharlAmbre
by AirTiger
by AirTiger

Popular by Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria La Spugnatura by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Quercia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Sakura by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Mirra by Acqua di Parma