Vaniglia (2019)Eau de Parfum

Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma

Vaniglia (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Acqua di Parma for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Mandarin, Neroli, Heliotrope
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 10.07.2020.

Lovely vanilla
I am not an acqua di parma fan. However i have tried this fragance and i love It. I dont know if It really worths the price or if maybe It can be a bit too soft for the money It costs but i know It has a great smell and i know that i could feel It for at least 4-5 hours perfectly and then very close to the skin for 6-8 hours. It is a very soft vanilla, a bit like the plástico dolls smell, delicate and perfect for daytime use. Although It is vanilla i think is elegant and weareable un any situación, even in the formal ones. It is true that the most importante notes are heliotropo, vanilla and neroli. The BEST AdP i have tried till the moment...

Scent: 9.5
Longevity: 7.5
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 5
Versatility: 9
Originality: 6
Global: 9
DarkWinterCS
Neroli, what a weed, you are my horror
Fresh scents are always a relatively difficult thing in my fragrance world. Because a large spectrum either passes you by or does not fit. Through Parfumo, the part that just passes me by has become much smaller, but the part that doesn't fit has become even bigger. There are namely 2 components, which I am more and more reluctant to use in fragrances and makes my toenails roll up On the one hand I have an aversion to any kind of green plants (e.g. magnolia) and their plant juices. On the other hand a certain plant called Neroli. Whenever I see Neroli in a fragrance pyramid, a scent inevitably rises up my nose, where I can start my search for tissues to stop my nosebleeds. The aversion is already quite big, because the scents, which result from it in my case always had a soapy character.

Now a sample of the Vaniglia came to my nose. So the pyramid was checked and what did we find there ? Neroli! Oh please, I didn't think so. But as a perfumer you can't keep your nose away from samples and so I thought, if the sample is there, I'll test it there too
The start of the fragrance has once again led me into my personal apocalypse. Soap where the nose has reached, freshness that transports you mentally to the warm south and some musk, but for me the hell a little stronger. I have to admit that it was, apart from the pungent soap for me, a relatively soft scent But my judgment was right there in the head. No scent I will ever test again and as fast as possible away with it. I was glad to have tested another scent on the other arm and so I could allow my nose some rest
The hours passed and the evening became longer. After three hours I had the fun to let my nose float over my Neroli arm again. I was surprised how the scent developed. Because the soapiness and freshness have clearly diminished and exposed a bouquet of vanilla and cedar. This has already appealed to me much more than the first hours and corresponds more to my enjoyment of a fragrance. The shelf life was quite decent with more than 6 hours+. Also the Sillage, especially in the first hour was already immense and did not help me much in the beginning.

But the fragrance showed me that such fragrances can also develop positively. However, in the future I will stay even further away from Nerolid fragrances. Even if they become more digestible for my nose later on, I don't want to drag myself through the area just before collapsing.
Winter Wonderland
Why I finally got a sample of this fragrance is still not clear to me today. Firstly, this was the complete opposite of what had gone into my bag (namely a fresh, bitter summer scent) and secondly, in retrospect, the note "for your wife, girlfriend or whatsoever" was missing.

But first things first. I generally wonder what happens to the specimens that are packed with you in perfumeries. Most of the ones I get go in the trash unopened. Because the staff doesn't ask if I want any. Because there is no question of which direction it may/should go in. Because maybe a brand has unloaded a huge box whose contents now simply have to get out. Because I already know the scents. It's a pity about all that rubbish, I have in any case decided not to keep quiet about it any more but to say what I want or don't want from now on.

So finally a sample of Vaniglia Eau de Parfum was found at my home. Scent unknown, but I like Acqua di Parma very much, so let's test it.
Puhhhhhh, this thing comes across really perfumed, very dense, very heavy and for my taste also very sweet. Short break, continue testing. AdP-typical also here an undertone of southern fruit tank sounds, but I could not define which exactly. The vanilla is clearly audible from beginning to end, is fully in the room and the fruity edge notes from the beginning give way to a slightly woody touch after hours.
This is all nicely arranged, with a clear line from A to Z, a clean flow and a rather dominant vanilla that does credit to the fragrance and its name.

None of this is mine. Too round, too sweetish, too heavy, too dominant, too soft, but above all too feminine. I definitely see the fragrance set on the ladies' side, I can even imagine it very well there, but on cool or cold days. Durability as known from other AdPs enormous, Sillage of pronounced nature, bottle beautiful as always, here in deep night black with golden writing. It's a looker.

So if you are looking for a beautiful fragrance for the current winter season and love vanilla, a test is highly recommended.
White flower, black coated
It might be the 25th or 26th vanilla scent I've tested today thanks to a wonderful sharing. I only know the Blu Mediterraneo series from the brand so far, and from that "Chinotto di Liguria" - simply fantastic - and "Mandorlo di Sicilia" - I don't like it at all. So I was all the more curious to see if I liked this gourmand from Acqua di Parma.
First of all: I do not feel this fragrance to be a real gourmand compared to everything I have tested in the last weeks. He is in no way unpleasantly cute, in fact he is not very cute at all. Right at the beginning, fresh tones appear, flowers, whereby I perceive heliotrope the least. There is a fine tart note in the prelude, which I find very pleasantly refreshing. This is perhaps typical of Acqua di Parma, at least typical of the true meaning of water. It only takes minutes for the vanilla to show. It slowly penetrates the fresh and tangy opening and gently spreads its sweetness - the emphasis is on: delicate. This vanilla is easily recognizable, but clearly softened in its sweetness and not defined as a gourmand. It is the aromas that characterize it, even when it occurs with little or no sugar. Vanilla does not always have to mean baking flavours. This is where the floral aspect of vanilla comes into play, possibly even the vanilla itself as a flower. It balances with the slightly powdery jasmine and the cedar wood is also perceived quite quickly, but only as a very delicate breeze.
Overall, this is a vanilla that I find very unisex. Anyway, I'm actually surprised that this perfume has been given the name of an ingredient that I don't think is the most obvious. But the jet-black bottle alone is already a contrast to the vanilla-crescent cliché, and that's how I think this fragrance is meant: as a new, slightly fresh and tart interpretation of vanilla, which deliberately distances itself from gourmand fragrances so that it can be worn all year round, and unisex. The floral and slightly woody spiciness add to the fact that vanilla can appear here in a completely new guise. An incredibly interesting discovery from Italy!
A very fine Maceron
You probably know these fine, very fresh, deliciously smelling French Macerons, when touched they quickly break, are fine to look at, incredibly tasty and something very special - also as a gift for a loved one. Somehow when I sprayed this fine water on it, it came to mind. I don't find it citric at first a bit fresh but with a noble almost noble sweetness. I inhale this very deeply and my limbic system bounces with joy. Somehow also childhood memories of vanilla luggage come to the top and fine jasmine which on warm summer nights lavishly gives off my so unmistakably good scent. I love this combination which, by the way, goes well with men and women and it lasts very long. Loses some of the powdery sweetness and becomes adult, very sensitive and embracing. I give right to everyone who says that this kind of scent fits very well into the cooler season - but life is too short not to enjoy everything 100 percent always and everywhere, right? It's expensive, but this wonderful waste of money is something we all like to indulge in sometimes. Vanilla and jasmine make a great combination here and I find this vanilla is not a so-called back vanilla but something very noble of special quality. Light echoes of wood and musk give this love the final touch and make it round and successful. I also like this brand very much because of the distinctive bottles that rest in a beautiful box.
CD1810
We smell each other again - in November!
Acqua di Parma is repositioning itself with the four eau de parfums Yuzu, Osmanthus, Sakura and Camelia and with Vaniglia, a new version of last year's Colonia Vaniglia, so far a Harrods exclusive. The whole Ingredient Collection was filled into the very noble new, black and gold flacons - and the prices were (at least only) a bit higher!

Although hardly available online yet, not even announced at Acqua di Parma, I was able to get samples of Vaniglia and Sakura from the fashion house / perfumery department of my trust in Oldenburg (not exactly a cosmopolitan city!). I want someone else to say that local shops wouldn't be worth it!

So what do we think of Vaniglia now? If "Colonia Vaniglia" was still marked as a men's fragrance, it is here classified as unisex - quite rightly so.

For Acqua di Parma Mr Demachy has created a warm and soft flatterer without corners and edges, but with a lot of harmony, endurance and quality. Actually, everything is as indicated in the fragrance pyramid: It starts slightly fruity-citric with mandarin and bergamot, heliotrope is also to be smelled from the beginning and gives the name-giving Vaniglia first, still slightly grassy room. And then the vanilla comes quite soon, very natural, not too sweet, but accompanied by flowery jasmine and therefore always clearly unisex. The mandarin has thereby amazing steadfastness. This is a great advantage as it retains a certain citric fruitiness for a long time. Cedar wood and musk get through to me after about an hour. And then the scent stops and stops. It remains as a woody, very noble, not too sweet vanilla really for hours on my skin.
The whole thing is very organic, unagitated, not too room-filling, but nevertheless self-confident. Maybe this Vaniglia is not too surprising, but it is round and soft and very noble made. It offers stamina and an exciting development.
I don't know if I need that scent yet. I'm gonna put my sample away and get it out on colder days.

We smell each other again - in November!

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 3 days ago
One of my favourite vanillas and probably my favourite AdP perfume. Perfect for everyday use and for every kind of situación. Performance ok
Jazzy76Jazzy76 163 days ago
A very classy unisex "soapy" vanilla with a discrete sillage. Maybe not so longlasting in comparison with the high price.Anyway very refined

Popular Acqua di Parma

Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud / Colonia Intensa Oud (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa (Eau de Cologne) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma Colonia Sandalo (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cedro di Taormina by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri by Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma Colonia Ebano by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Chinotto di Liguria by Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Ginepro di Sardegna by Acqua di Parma Colonia Mirra by Acqua di Parma