Adam Levine for Women (2013)

Adam Levine for Women by Adam Levine
Bottle Design: Gerresheimer

Adam Levine for Women is a perfume by Adam Levine for women and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-powdery. It is being marketed by Palm Beach Beauté.

Yann Vasnier

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron, Citruses, Tagetes, Spices
Heart Notes Heart NotesIndian jasmine, Australian sandalwood, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Vanilla

Submitted by Joe, last update on 18.09.2019

5.0 4.0 8.0/10

Blind chicken can find a peach
Spontaneously I associate a fruit, also orange, at least a citrus fruit, with zest, only slightly acidic plus something very delicate smoky. The citrus disappears with the top note. What remains is a light scent of zest, the other fruit and a hint of smoke. At the second test I also mean to recognize a short undertone of fig.

The fragrance has a light, bitter sweetness.

I'm thinking of gardenia at the first test, but at the second the impression of gardenia is even stronger. At the same time the fruit unfolds in full opulence.

In the course the heart note forms a soft, fruity-powdery melange. What fruit is that? It's hard to tell. It is most likely to go in the direction of peach, so the fruit could not be a fruit at all, but also osmanthus. Flowers are there anyway, but the Gardenienstelldichein lasted to my joy only few minutes. Instead, another flower appears now: Peony?

Furthermore, the fragrance is rather sweet, but not maltol-sweet, nor honey-sweet, but much more discreetly blossom-sweet. Also in the background there is a hint of resin, maybe even tea, so that the overall impression is balanced and does not fall into sweet-fruity arbitrariness. This ever more powdery resin and tea breath could also indicate a little iris. Iris sometimes arrives in my nose like this.

In summary I feel the heart note as a relief of powdery peach/Osmanthus teas, which becomes less sweet and a bit tart in the course of time.

Gene base, there is no significant change, except that the intensity quickly dwindles and the fruity is the first to fade into the background until this experience ends gently powdery and minimally smoky and woody.

The whole fragrance looks very natural, friendly, cultivated and high quality.

It is intense in head and heart note, but no wummser and I can imagine it on both women and men.

The shelf life of about 4 hours, not counting light, later remains of powder, was surprisingly short for me after the brilliant and varied entry phase
However, after 12 hours of washing my hands, during which my forearms got wet, I suddenly have the scent very clearly in my nose again. Maybe he needs a little more humidity than on these two summer days with temperatures around 30 degrees? Perhaps the course and durability are somewhat different in less extreme temperatures and rainy weather?

This fragrance is No. 1 of my blind test series, I have tested it completely blind. I also wrote the comment text before I knew the resolution. I took it 1:1 from my puzzle blog, so it might read a little different than my other comments.

Many thanks to FrauLohse for the rehearsal and many thanks to all who contributed!
4-5 more samples are waiting for testing...
I'll report!
5.0 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Pleasing Powdery, Vanilla & Woods Overtake The Leathery Florals & Spices
Seeing Adam Levine's fragrance I was intrigued. After all, the frontman of Maroon 5 is incredibly sexy (at the least to me) and I was curious what he would slap his moniker on and call his own in today's world of celebrity fragrances. Would it be sex in a bottle?
The first time I splashed it on , I did indeed, smell sexual skin. Was my mind deluding me? Perhaps. But this is a skin scent. I'd say it is the Indian Jasmin that's responsible for the animalic smell I was getting. There's a bit of leather going on here and Saffron is the culprit there. Adam Levine for Women is a pleasing, powdery, vanilla, sandalwood skin scent. Hours later, light sweet florals make their way in and announce themselves. The leather and florals may make an entrance, but they stay in the corner most of the time, talking to the spices.
The longer this sits on me, the more powdery and woodsy it becomes. It's not a fragrance to dazzle but more a perfume to relax with, to enjoy pleasantly and one to wear in cooler weather with blazers, open neck shirts and scarfs tossed nonchalantly.
It's soft and feminine and its projection is close to the skin. Share it at times you want to be close with someone. Its lasting power is quite good-minimal four hours.
Simple rectangular bottle with the name emblazoned across it with a pretty cap. Perhaps layering it will bring out the sillage, I don't know, but there are sets available. This is a designer fragrance that reminds me of Flowerbomb or Hypnotic Poison(not as spicy) on its drydown for me.

Adam Levine for Women
I've tested this one out a couple of times now. I can't stand the men's version but I admit that this women's version is better than that one. I still don't see this fragrance as being anything really outstanding though. It's pleasant enough, but nothing really special. For some reason I can smell gardenia in this, yet it doesn't seem to have gardenia in it. I am not a gardenia fan by any means. I usually find it too strong and overpowering and I don't like that I'm detecting it here. There are very few fragrances who manage to incorporate gardenia just right so it blends in instead of standing out. This perfume seems generic to my nose and a tad boring. In a sea of sweet-fruity-floral celebrity fragrances, this one does stand out as being different but unfortunately something seems to be missing that could have made it totally unique and wonderful. For me, this one is not "full bottle purchase" worthy.

Chimidoro 4 years ago
Surprisingly similar to Hard Candy, which is also (un)surprisingly dirt-cheap. This amps up the (effervescent, candied) oranges, though.+3
4.5