Adidas (1985) After Shave

Adidas (After Shave) by Adidas

Adidas (After Shave) is a perfume by Adidas for men and was released in 1985. The scent is green-citrusy. It was last marketed by Margaret Astor.

Submitted by Sniffer, last update on 02.10.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Adidas (After Shave)

This is a variant of the perfume Adidas (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas, which differs in concentration.

7.0 8.0 7.0 9.0/10

Taurus1967
My most affordable and valuable After Shave at the same time
Sometimes you have to be lucky. I will briefly report on this in this commentary ...

A few weeks ago I was at the flea market again. Pretty early, otherwise the best snappers will be gone. While strolling I saw on a stand a bowl with various creams as well as scents and an old packaging of this After Shave. The cardboard box was not very attractive, but the bottle was still full to the brim and flawless. (Picture see below at the photos).
Even better was the price with just 2 € ... you don't have to think long about it.

Surprisingly, just a few stalls away, I found a box containing 25 ml of the Adidas scent, more than EdT. Even quite unused, also in perfect condition and just as cheap. I took one of them plus another scent with me.

Later, I thought about whether I really wanted to keep both or even sell or exchange one of them. After all, in the bay prices of 75 € to 100 € for this aftershave are real.

I then decided to keep the After Shave, even though it is the most expensive thing I have in my collection in terms of value. I already know the Eau de Toilette - albeit as a mini - and have commented on it accordingly. But first I have to test it after shaving and compare it with the EdT. Since there was nothing to indicate that the After Shave had tilted or been impaired in any way, the self-experiment could begin.

The first positive was the realization that nothing burns during application and that it is absolutely smooth. At the same time, the typical Adidas EdT is getting underway, perhaps a bit stronger and more herbaceous here, which might also be due to the age of the bottle. On the other hand, some of the conifer is missing. Otherwise, it's just a mix of fresh to spicy contents that are hard to classify, but everything that makes up a fragrance of the 80s has been gathered together, whereby the relationship between liveliness and sexyness has been skilfully balanced. In the drydown the moss, if not oakmoss, appears again wonderfully masculine. Exactly my thing.

So it is anything but fresh and watery and not too heavy and bulky like comparable candidates from the sports or vintage sector. We find in him the perfect all-rounder between dynamic physical training, serious office work and Saturday night - at least for that time. Nowadays, the targeted target group would rather look for something fresh and inconspicuous or sugar shock-like and intrusive.

The After-Shave is in any case opened and remains definitely in my possession, the 25 ml EdT I probably put in the souk, but only in exchange so that nobody tells me afterwards, I would be greedy for profit ;-)

by Taurus1967
by Taurus1967

Popular Adidas

Active Bodies (Eau de Toilette Concentrate) by Adidas Adidas (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Ice Dive (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Victory League (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Adventure (Eau de Toilette Concentrate) by Adidas Pure Lightness by Adidas Dynamic Pulse (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Pure Game (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Emotions in Motion - Fruity Rhythm by Adidas Born Original for Her by Adidas Moves by Adidas Adidas Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Originals pour Homme by Adidas Born Original for Him by Adidas Fresh Impact (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Team Five (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Get Ready! for Him (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Deep Energy (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Fizzy Energy by Adidas Team Force (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas