Adidas (1985) Eau de Toilette

Adidas (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas

Adidas (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Adidas for men and was released in 1985. The scent is spicy-citrusy. It was last marketed by Margaret Astor.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Mandarin, Lavender, Green notes, Aldehydes
Heart Notes Heart NotesPetitgrain, Juniper, Cyclamen, Jasmine, Geranium, Rose, Spruce
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Moss, Vetiver, Ambergris, Musk

Submitted by Sani, last update on 01.10.2019.

6.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Schoork
When you were born after 1990..... don't read!
The '80s were my decade. Everyone will say that about the decade he was a teenager and experienced a lot in his youth. I loved the '80s. We all looked like shit, but we thought we were pretty cool. Girls had hairspray boards on their heads and we wore mullet. With Miami Vice pastel shades went into the wardrobe and because of Alf every Wednesday I flew out of technical lessons because I "discussed" the last episode with my seat neighbour. Always!

I turned 12 in 1985 and had nothing to do with perfumes when this Adidas came onto the market. My interests were my Commodore 64 and breaking records in games like Summer/Winter Games, Space Taxi and later Giana Sisters, Maniac Mansion and Last Ninja. My network consisted of friends who lived in the neighborhood and whom you met every day outside. We played soccer, built cool stalls in bushes and only wore Adidas shoes called Allround or Tennis Special.

The music show Formula 1 was a must, my favourite band Duran Duran and Live Aid also took place in 1985, with the legendary appearance of Queen. Hits were among others Shout from Tears for Fears, Rock me Amadeus from Falco, Take on Me from A-Ha and well well Modern Talking was also played. It wasn't all good, either.

In the cinema ran among other things Back to the Future, Rocky 4 and the Goonies.
Clubs like Bayer 05 Uerdingen, SV Waldhof Mannheim and 1.FC Saarbrücken played in the Bundesliga.

What I was pleased about my first Swatch..in green and transparent.

Those were the days. I was facing a great teen time with all the zipp and zapp.

If I had been interested in perfume at that time, this Adidas would certainly have become part of my collection. Only at the age of 14-15 when you started to believe that you were cool, when fashion and girls became more important I got my first perfume...Lagerfeld Classic! Everybody did and was awesome back then. If there had already been Jeremy and his friends, they would have said "Dis is se Börner änd so junik. Se Lädis loff it"

The Adidas shoes had to give way to cowboy boots and the Palomino jeans were replaced by Chipie, C17 or Diesel.
One thing would have been perfectly clear. As with the Lagerfeld, I would have been too young for the Adidas fragrance, but I would hardly have been interested then. I wanted to be older than I was. It only completely passed me by back then.

This Adidas comes across very citric at first, I always think that's great. Lemon, bergamot and tangerine make it lively. Wonderful.
I can't define everything that comes after that in detail, violets and jasmine let a little floweriness emerge, later it becomes spicy and then continues creamy/soapy to the end. This end also lasts felt a whole day. This soapiness reminds a bit of the Aigner No.2, so we speak of such a shaving soap, but not as sharp as in the Aigner.

I hardly needed a shave at that time, it was usually enough to keep my head out of the window to lose the few fuzz, it only started later in the Bundeswehr, but it smelled so similar when you painted the shaving cream in your face.
I think this freshness is really extraordinary good and if you consider how old this fragrance is, it could still be loosely on the shelf today.
It would be bought today by people from 35-40 years on, I'm sure.

Who grows up with the scents of today, will talk similarly in 20 years, this will belong to it and is course of the things.
For me a trip in 1985 and the 80s in general always has something wonderful about it, even if the biggest catastrophes at that time were not yet foreseeable with the reactor accident in Chernobyl, or the Challenger explosion one year later.
But the biggest disaster for me back then was that Melanie didn't want to go with me. Do you think Adidas would have changed her mind? You don't know.

Catastrophic is also, what is partly in today's fragrances in the drugstore, even if at that time certainly not everything was good, one can only react with incomprehension that one has taken such a fragrance from the market.

If there is a DeLorean with flux compensator as standard, I will travel back and buy some bottles at Co/op or Kaisers Drugstore.

Many thanks to the dear Longosch1712 for giving me the opportunity to test this fragrance.
6.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Taurus1967
For ball sports and sports ball
All manufacturers of sports fragrances are welcome to read here and take note that they can cut off a good slice of this Adidas Eau de Toilette or fog up a few fat sprayers - if they can still get hold of the stuff.

As early as the mid-1980s, the world-famous sports supplier brand with the three stripes from Herzogenaurach demonstrated how a solid sports fragrance has to sniff.

It is less surprising that it comes across as coolingly fresh and lemony in the beginning. Bergamot, in particular, is likely to be a near-set ingredient for this fragrance segment. It should be really unexpectedly exciting when spicy to coniferous notes come into play, as if you were warming up in the woods for training purposes and thus gaining more and more strength.

Of course he touches on the classic paths that other sports fragrances follow, but as he wears it, the first olfactory Adidas offshoot develops into a seductive night-time perfume with gaaaaaaa light borrowings in the aftertaste to Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve.

All of this makes the Adidias Edt a sophisticated showpiece sports scent for both training and evening wear, without making you feel out of place.

One could at best complain that it may no longer appear all too contemporary - but by no means as cheap after pure shower gel as current sports fragrances.

Old Time Goodie
For me, 1985, is not so old time, but for many it is. This is a very nice classic cologne. Never in a million years would I guess that it is from Adidas. I would have thought a more upmarket house for sure. Now it is a spice based, cologne, along with the 4711 type elements. It is sweeter and spicier than 4711, but much softer than say an Old Spice. It is light and elegant. I received a 2 oz full splash bottle in a lot and gave it to my husband, but may take it back now...as it is nice for a woman too. No modern overbearing musks and things. Quite a simple fragrance, but very nice. Like a single rose on the restaurant table.

Pio 8 months ago
Nice Gym scent. True classic.

by Scorpio
by Taurus1967
Vintage: Adidas - Classic 100ml EdT
by MrNiceGuy

Popular Adidas

Active Bodies (Eau de Toilette Concentrate) by Adidas Adidas (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Ice Dive (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Victory League (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Adventure (Eau de Toilette Concentrate) by Adidas Pure Lightness by Adidas Dynamic Pulse (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Pure Game (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Emotions in Motion - Fruity Rhythm by Adidas Born Original for Her by Adidas Moves by Adidas Adidas Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Originals pour Homme by Adidas Born Original for Him by Adidas Fresh Impact (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Team Five (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Get Ready! for Him (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Deep Energy (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Fizzy Energy by Adidas Team Force (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas