Adidas 1985Eau de Toilette

Adidas (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas
Adidas (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Adidas for men and was released in 1985. The scent is spicy-citrusy. It was last marketed by Margaret Astor.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Mandarin orange, Lavender, Green notes, Aldehydes
Heart Notes Heart NotesPetitgrain, Juniper, Cyclamen, Jasmine, Geranium, Rose, Spruce
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Moss, Vetiver, Ambergris, Musk

Submitted by Sani, last update on 29.12.2020.

A timeless character head
Sometimes there is something to be said for having already passed the 30, the 40, and, uh...yes, even the 50. Because we kids of the 80s, this crazy, groundbreaking and unique decade, were lucky enough to get to know fragrances that no longer exist today in this complexity.

One of them is the very first fragrance from Adidas, and it appeared just in time to pave my way to the Olympus of fragrances as my first "real" fragrance (after olfactory warm-up phases with Hattric, Pitralon, Sir Irish Moss and Champaca). I had just saved up a brand-new Vespa, and I needed a fashionable outfit to go with this pudding-yellow speedster!

Sneakers to the scooter? How disgusting! So I found the matching Adidas slippers in a shoe shop in Heilbronn, and while I was still paying a pimple-face that was still puberant, the nice saleswoman said "Wave se au a Pröble, Adidas is now doing the scent! (So, in English: "Wouldn't you be open to a sample of the new odeur from the house of Adi Dassler across the street?") I gladly accepted the vial and the next day I tested the fragrance. What can I say? It enchanted me from the first moment -- and still does, with some long, yes - very long, far too long -- dry spells without it.

The interplay between the citric component and the green elements right at the beginning, plus a pinch of oriental, a scoop of lavender and everything nice and powdery and sweet, but never even close to the olfactory sugar shock overkill, the classic Adidas spreads a wide-ranging opulence that never gets annoying. The heart note then lets everything subside somewhat, the fragrance meanders in calmer waters towards floral borrowings, reinforced by moss and tonka bean. Finally, the citric component provides a tailor-made finale, and the cedar adds a few warm, sensual coniferous farewells to the happy end. But this only hours later. Many, many hours later!

Adidas Classic (which at that time was never called Adidas, just like the VW Beetle was never officially called Adidas on the engine cover!) was a child of its time, cheap in price and yet never cheap in the sense of today's drugstore fragrances, which either smell like shower gel or deodorant or just like alcohol plus some random newsreel of the synthetic headaches the cleaning fairy swept up from the floor, but Adidas was a blueprint for a clean, clearly structured and yet a little bit off the leash biedermann, who can also drum himself on the chest. A pearl of the perfumer's art, a fragrance that left us far too early to let his horrible Mischpoke with the same surname undeservedly take the stage!
Chizza
A homage to classic men's (sports) fragrances
Do you need this comment here? Probably not. Below me there are some fine comments ( Fabian brings it to the point) about a fragrance that is no longer produced. And probably not only since yesterday. Nevertheless, I have to admit that this scent has become the leading scent of its kind within a few hours. Why this is so, I like to describe and that's why I decided to lose a few words. The miniature, which Gandix kindly wrapped up for me, I must now cherish, so that it doesn't go away soon.

The fragrance came out long before I was born, but I know of course later Adidas fragrances such as aftershaves, deodorants, etc. Sure, as an adolescent in a soccer club and later at least in the district league kicking with the good Kaiser V...Adidas was always present. The newer fragrances, however, do not have this depth or vibe of the former fragrances, that is regrettable to say.

The opening of Adidas is very aldehyde-laden and for me it is exciting how a fragrance, despite the concentrated citric ingredients of lavender and the noted green notes, can be captured in such a way that the mandarins, bergamots and what else in the background merely refine Adidas. The lavender does not look like conventional lavender to me either, but harmonizes directly with the oak moss in the base. Wonderful oakmoss, as you can hardly experience anymore this year. Almost cuddly, wonderful. Of course, the musk will have a say in this.

Adidas is simply old-fashioned, that has to be said clearly. That's what I like about the fragrance, I like this one and even if other fragrances from past decades, so-called classics of men's perfumes, also appeal to me, this one pleases me more. Why is quite simple. Although there is no ambition with ingredients here either, these go in a different direction than many of my contemporaries. The spiciness here is mainly created by the interplay of floral notes with woody notes plus a layer of oakmoss.

No clary sage, coriander or basil, that seems to me to make a big difference to fragrances in this category. Of course, that doesn't mean that I don't like the Halston Z-14 of this world, but I still feel more for the Adidas here. Much more. In this respect, I almost wish that you could still find such EdT in the drugstore, I would be drawn to it. Maybe I should just follow the recommendation of Salva, for example, who has been unearthing more and more gems there lately. Who knows, maybe there's a bottle of Adidas deep in the back of the shelf.

Taurus1967
For ball sports and sports ball
All manufacturers of sports fragrances are welcome to read here and take note that they can cut off a good slice of this Adidas Eau de Toilette or fog up a few fat sprayers - if they can still get hold of the stuff.

As early as the mid-1980s, the world-famous sports supplier brand with the three stripes from Herzogenaurach demonstrated how a solid sports fragrance has to sniff.

It is less surprising that it comes across as coolingly fresh and lemony in the beginning. Bergamot, in particular, is likely to be a near-set ingredient for this fragrance segment. It should be really unexpectedly exciting when spicy to coniferous notes come into play, as if you were warming up in the woods for training purposes and thus gaining more and more strength.

Of course he touches on the classic paths that other sports fragrances follow, but as he wears it, the first olfactory Adidas offshoot develops into a seductive night-time perfume with gaaaaaaa light borrowings in the aftertaste to Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve.

All of this makes the Adidias Edt a sophisticated showpiece sports scent for both training and evening wear, without making you feel out of place.

One could at best complain that it may no longer appear all too contemporary - but by no means as cheap after pure shower gel as current sports fragrances.

Old Time Goodie
For me, 1985, is not so old time, but for many it is. This is a very nice classic cologne. Never in a million years would I guess that it is from Adidas. I would have thought a more upmarket house for sure. Now it is a spice based, cologne, along with the 4711 type elements. It is sweeter and spicier than 4711, but much softer than say an Old Spice. It is light and elegant. I received a 2 oz full splash bottle in a lot and gave it to my husband, but may take it back now...as it is nice for a woman too. No modern overbearing musks and things. Quite a simple fragrance, but very nice. Like a single rose on the restaurant table.

PioPio 2 years ago
Nice Gym scent. True classic.

Für Fresh 21 echt schräg : kommen die Duft? - Moleküle jetzt aus dem Flakon, oder in den Flakon?
by Gandix
by MrNiceGuy
Vintage: Adidas - Classic 100ml EdT
by MrNiceGuy

Popular Adidas

Active Bodies (Eau de Toilette Concentrate) by Adidas Adventure (Eau de Toilette Concentrate) by Adidas Adidas Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Born Original for Her by Adidas Victory League (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Pure Lightness by Adidas Originals pour Homme by Adidas Adidas Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Fresh Escape by Adidas Floral Dream by Adidas Adidas (After Shave) by Adidas Happy Game by Adidas Emotions in Motion - Floral Dream by Adidas Sport Field (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas UEFA Champions League Arena Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Pure Game (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Get Ready! for Her by Adidas Fizzy Energy by Adidas Dynamic Pulse (Eau de Toilette) by Adidas Adidas x Jeremy Scott by Adidas