Adolfo Dominguez (1990) Eau de Toilette

Adolfo Dominguez (Eau de Toilette) by Adolfo Dominguez

Adolfo Dominguez (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Adolfo Dominguez for men and was released in 1990. The scent is spicy-citrusy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Basil, Clary sage, Juniper berry, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Orange blossom, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Nutmeg, Mint
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Amber, Musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 08.11.2018

6.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Mature masculine warmth
At first you can perceive a strong herbaceous note, which also brings a fine freshness and is to be owed to the Basilkum.

At the same time, the basil is accompanied by a fine aromatic, slightly sweetish, berry-like note, which also has a subtle wooden tone and comes from the juniper berry.

These two notes are enveloped in a subtle Mediterranean nuance with a subtle maritime effect, which gives the top note a light and soft touch and derives from lavender.

These 3 notes are accompanied by an ethereal, sweetish, slightly bitter note, which ensures that the top note has a pleasant, distinctive aura and is due to the clary sage.

Unfortunately, I could not perceive pineapple, but I can imagine very well that this component was used to complete the picture.

This constellation is perceptible on my skin for minutes before the heart note unfolds.

Now an intense aromatic, slightly spicy note can be perceived, which reminds me a little of pimento and pepper and gives the fragrance a pleasant mature masculine quality and comes from the clove.

At the same time there is another aromatic spice perceptible, which seems a little softer to me and in my opinion really harmonizes very well with the clove and comes from the nutmeg.

These two notes are accompanied by a fine citric, slightly woody nuance, which ensures that the heart note does not drift into the dull, but appears pleasantly substantially refreshing and is due to the ginger.

In the background a nice sweet, discreetly spicy note can be perceived, which fits wonderfully into the composition and in my opinion is responsible for the fact that the heart note experiences a certain warmth and comes from the cinnamon.

And yet there is a very delicate, almost fragile flowery nuance in the background, which sets a beautiful accent and stems from the orange blossom.

Unfortunately I couldn't see rose geranium and mint, but I can imagine very well that these two components were used for background music.

The heart note is perceptible on my skin for 4 hours before the base asserts itself.

In the base, I actually have the feeling of standing in front of a warm heating where I am warming myself, on top of which lies a small soft piece of cedar wood and I suspect here that this fragrance is due to the amber in interaction with sandalwood.

These 3 notes are enveloped by a very light, sweet, very discreet powdery nuance of musk, which increases the pleasant warmth of the heating a little more and provides a nice finish.

Unfortunately I could not see Vetiver, but I can imagine very well that this component was used for completion.

In total, the fragrance lasts 7 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed from the beginning in such a way that one is perceived well at half an arm's length and this is also maintained 3 hours in such a way, before it reduces itself in leisurely steps, until the smell finally completely fades away
I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Zirkeltanz" for the vintage miniature.

by Zora