Agua de Bambú Hombre (2013)

Agua de Bambú Hombre by Adolfo Dominguez

Controversially Rated Longevity

Agua de Bambú Hombre is a perfume by Adolfo Dominguez for men and was released in 2013. The scent is green-fresh. It was last marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Bamboo, Apple, Green tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Black pepper, Water jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesNorlimbanol™, Amberwood, Ambrette, Tonka bean

Submitted by Michael, last update on 05.04.2020.

7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Sillage

Anti-crisis scent
March/April 2020: the world is shaken by a small but extremely nasty virus and life is temporarily halted.

I had to deal with the dramatically tumultuous events and news as soon as I arrived at my second (Iberian) residence - a hotspot of the Corona crisis - when I understood within a day: get out of here, and as fast as possible!

So I sit with relatives in a tiny room a few hundred kilometres away, wait until the curfew is lifted or extended again and am glad that I was able to bring myself, my cat, some tools and some clothes to relative safety. Unfortunately, there was no room in my suitcase for perfume only, and it is now paying off that I have not ignored the cheap Spanish drugstore scents over the past years, but have tested them tirelessly and over and over again!

So today I bought the beautiful fragrance AGUA DE BAMBÚ from Adolfo Domínguez. In the supermarket, because perfumeries are not open.

AdB is a flanker of the BAMBÚ of the same brand, which I appreciate; I had already been using the latter for several months. I find the AGUA version of it a bit more versatile than the original due to its light and rather tangy alignment.

Beginning with dry citric and rudimentary fruity notes, I perceive most strongly a green tea note, which runs through the entire course (which is not too pronounced). In this phase, pepper is also present, which enhances the fresh hallo-wake impression.
A certain aquatic impression is also apparent, which is probably achieved by combining the above-mentioned components.

Then there is a lavender-like and cardamom heart note, which illustrates a smart masculinity for me.
As a foundation of the fragrance, a soft ambrette base predominates, which pairs wonderfully with the ever-present but unobtrusive tea scent. In the very background I perceive minimal tonka bean - in just the right amount for me. An accent that finally does credit to this often inflationary used and therefore disastrously appearing ingredient.

After twenty-one days of abstinence from smells, my perception has changed quite a bit - I would say for the better. If you don't have any fragrance in your nose at all, you suddenly appreciate the simplest things: a nice deodorant, a good shower bath, a pleasant simple men's perfume that suddenly, during the rather rare food shopping, gets under and into your nose and beautifies the moment.

And I ask myself: what would happen if the European economy were to collapse massively now and we had to continue to live at a much lower level of prosperity? So what if there were no longer a budget for €400 fragrances? If perfume were to become a real luxury good again, no longer affordable for many people, even in our latitudes?

I think, besides my eternal favourite classic BRUT 33 by Fabergé and maybe a more recent TABAC flanker by M&W, AGUA DE BAMBÚ by Adolfo Domínguez could be a cheap and fine choice. I'm even quite sure of it.

Let's hope that we will all soon emerge safely from this global crisis.
For barren and hopefully not so barren times I would like to suggest the test of this beautiful and fresh men's fragrance.

Please stay healthy and continue to be nice to each other!

Aspvl 7 months ago
4.5/10 Scent 9.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Bottle
Similar to Bambú regarding sweetness. This one has an aquatic feel together with grapefruit. Longevity is bonkers!

by Altruismus
by Altruismus

Popular Adolfo Dominguez

Agua Fresca Vetiver / Vetiver Hombre by Adolfo Dominguez Agua Fresca by Adolfo Dominguez Agua Fresca Extreme by Adolfo Dominguez Agua Fresca de Rosas Blancas by Adolfo Dominguez Agua de Bambú Mujer by Adolfo Dominguez Azahar by Adolfo Dominguez Adolfo Dominguez (Eau de Toilette) by Adolfo Dominguez Viaje a Ceylan Mujer by Adolfo Dominguez Viaje a Ceylan Hombre by Adolfo Dominguez Bambú Hombre by Adolfo Dominguez Agua Fresca Citrus Cedro by Adolfo Dominguez Agua Fresca de Rosas by Adolfo Dominguez Unica by Adolfo Dominguez Ámbar by Adolfo Dominguez Agua de Sándalo by Adolfo Dominguez Noche de Rosas by Adolfo Dominguez Alegria Hombre (Eau de Toilette) by Adolfo Dominguez Té Verde by Adolfo Dominguez Agua Fresca de Azahar by Adolfo Dominguez Bambú Mujer by Adolfo Dominguez