Aedes de Venustas (2012)

Aedes de Venustas by Aedes de Venustas

Aedes de Venustas is a perfume by Aedes de Venustas for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still in production.

Apple, Honeysuckle, Hazelnut, Rhubarb, Red berries, Tomato leaf, Vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by Beautycase, last update on 05.09.2019

7.0/10

It Grows On You...
Aedes de Venustas (new) opens with a bit of green apple, coupled with honeysuckle and just the faintest whiff of hazelnut used as support. The heart notes add a powerful non-smoky vetiver arising from the scent's base, and a nice rhubarb and incense combo that take center-stage while the apple and honeysuckle still remain in a supporting role to add a bit of "sweet and sour" balance to the composition. The dry-down is primarily the remnants of the incense and vetiver. Projection and longevity are both good.

The first time I sampled Aedes de Venustas (new) I really did not care for it, and when grabbing my sample again to prepare for this review I fully expected to pan the scent as being a bit too "out there" for my taste. After further review I guess I have to change course and say I like it quite a bit, actually. The green apple, vetiver and incense composition really grows on you, and the rhubarb, while definitely different also works well with the other notes once you get a bit used to it. I doubt I'll be buying a bottle of this one as it is not quite to my preferences, but I definitely can recommend it, and award it a well-deserved 3.5 stars out of 5.

by Gschpusi