Aedes de Venustas 2012

Aedes de Venustas by Aedes de Venustas
Aedes de Venustas is a perfume by Aedes de Venustas for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Apple, Honeysuckle, Hazelnut, Rhubarb, Red berries, Tomato leaf, Vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by Beautycase, last update on 18.09.2020.

Surprises
I got a remainder of this fragrance as an addition in a souk package The brand was not known to me before, so I looked at the fragrance pyramid here and was very sceptical at first:
The composition sounds to me like the recipe for one of those weird smoothies where you add to the fruit and vegetable mixture a green hideousness like raw spinach or seaweed. Here just poisonous tomato green.

Well then, home office makes brave, I can only be a pain in the ass Wow, a great, fruity and sour freshness blows towards me, estimated wind force 6 ;)
First pleasant surprise, because up to now I have always associated freshness with citrus, and fruity with sweet.
I am completely blown away how well it all fits together!
The delicious smell reminds me of the "extra sour sticks" I used to love to snack on as a child, only the whole thing smells much more natural here.
As if I had picked currants in the garden with green fingers after having used up the tomatoes.
Also the apple, which for me in many fragrances only smells synthetically like shampoo, here it could be one of the first clear apples.
Vetiver is of the soft green kind that I like and the incense puts a glow over the whole thing
To sum up: I'm shocked, the scent is on my wish list.

It Grows On You...
Aedes de Venustas (new) opens with a bit of green apple, coupled with honeysuckle and just the faintest whiff of hazelnut used as support. The heart notes add a powerful non-smoky vetiver arising from the scent's base, and a nice rhubarb and incense combo that take center-stage while the apple and honeysuckle still remain in a supporting role to add a bit of "sweet and sour" balance to the composition. The dry-down is primarily the remnants of the incense and vetiver. Projection and longevity are both good.

The first time I sampled Aedes de Venustas (new) I really did not care for it, and when grabbing my sample again to prepare for this review I fully expected to pan the scent as being a bit too "out there" for my taste. After further review I guess I have to change course and say I like it quite a bit, actually. The green apple, vetiver and incense composition really grows on you, and the rhubarb, while definitely different also works well with the other notes once you get a bit used to it. I doubt I'll be buying a bottle of this one as it is not quite to my preferences, but I definitely can recommend it, and award it a well-deserved 3.5 stars out of 5.

by Gschpusi
by Cimorghe
by SvetlanaG
by SvetlanaG

Popular Aedes de Venustas

Iris Nazarena by Aedes de Venustas Copal Azur by Aedes de Venustas Cierge de Lune by Aedes de Venustas Œillet Bengale by Aedes de Venustas Palissandre d'Or by Aedes de Venustas Pélargonium by Aedes de Venustas Grenadille d'Afrique by Aedes de Venustas Musc Encensé by Aedes de Venustas