Cierge de Lune (2016)

Cierge de Lune by Aedes de Venustas

Cierge de Lune is a popular perfume by Aedes de Venustas for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCrystal accord
Heart Notes Heart NotesMadagascar vanille absolute, Hedione, Ylang-ylang, Pink pepper, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Suede, Musk, Frankincense, Amber

Submitted by Michael, last update on 01.11.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Vieavecjulie
My darling, you can't see it, can you?
"...How like the moon you are. Both of you so timid in yourselves; hiding pieces from the world. Then, there are those rare moments when you both are full, and it becomes hard to look away. You are beautiful."

So far away and yet familiar - the first moment... like the light of the moon in a dark night.

Luna won't let go of you - you fall silently and quietly without resistance, demanding knowledge in the depths of her existence while commanding affection in her mysterious restraint.
The first moment of this beauty appears unapproachable with its diamond-clear radiance.

Almost unexpectedly and quickly a deep, cuddly & fascinating warmth is added by this beautiful vanilla - while pepper lends Luna passion and incense brings its soul full of depth to bear.

I immediately fell in love with this fragrance. Even now after 7 h he still offers me this sensual aura in which I can let myself fall and feel secure. The Sillage doesn't scream "Here I am" and that wouldn't suit this beauty either.

Elegant, loving and yet mysterious. Oh Luna.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Full on the 10
When I tested Cierge de Lune about 1 year ago I got almost sick of this sweet leathery Wummser!
In my defence: at that time I didn't like fragrances that even had a hint of leather at all. No, I even hated it... Today I like it very much when a fine, delicate leather note is represented. But even today I still don't like leather whips...
I think it's very interesting how the taste can change... but maybe that's because I've been able to gain some experience in the meantime - not least thanks to you, dear community :)

But back to the fragrance :)
When I was around Christmas (2018) again in the only perfumery in Zurich, which carries the Aedes de Venustas fragrances, the nice salesman - at my request to try a powdery fragrance - immediately held the Cierge de Lune under my nose... I recognized it immediately, without really knowing that it was Cierge de Lune :) Only this time I felt the leathery note as rather filigree and feminine...

So I sprayed on my wrist once... and there it was again, the whacking, powerful "Wumms...!
Without top note, directly to the sweet-spicy vanilla, paired with delicate leather from the base...
I can't see a clear course according to the scent pyramid... With me head, heart and base note mix already with each other in the prelude...

... A seductive powderiness spreads and completes this absolutely unique fragrance beautifully...
One year ago I would never have dreamed that I would ever like a fragrance with leather, kept silent about marking it with a 10... But Cierge de Lune met - even if only with the 2. approach - fully on the 10 and into my heart sneaked ♥ ♥ ♥

The scent really lasts on me all day long (this may be due to the leather, because my skin always assumes this very strongly and for a long time). Sillage I would also rate rather high, depending on how many sprayers you take ;-P

Meanwhile the smell is one of my favorites and I recommend to all leather-haters not to give Cierge de Lune only one chance, because, there is it, the love at the 2nd look or smell ;-)

by Sweetsmell75