Copal Azur by Aedes de Venustas

Copal Azur is a popular perfume by Aedes de Venustas for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is smoky-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMarine notes, Ozonic notes, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Patchouli, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Myrrh, Tonka bean, Frankincense

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 21.02.2020.

8.0 9.0 8.0 8.0/10

Chapel Sunday scent
Spicy, mineral incense with a hint of salt air. Intense resinous. A bit too loud, but a special mixture of notes from very different spheres: Resins and aquatic were combined here. An ethereally fresh scent (salt, ozone, maritime) is mixed with oriental notes, but these remain spicy (cardamom, patch, tonka) and do not immediately conjure up the whole divan. Rather a chapel on a cliff surrounded by spicy herbs. And of course three times incense, if you want to believe the pyramid of scents, and my nose does. Nothing is sweet here, by the way, the myrrh combines freshness and sacral smoke and stands above the fragrance. And clearly and all day long. An oddity, a composition that smells new and is familiar. Not for daily, more like a chapel sunday scent.
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Fragrance Trekk- On the edge of poetry
The perfume room-infinite vastness...

"We are in a distant future. These are the adventures of the new spaceship Parfumo, which travels many light years from Earth to discover strange noses, unknown scents and new creations. The perfume penetrates into bottles that no one has ever seen before."

Parfumo's Captain's Log /> Stardate 14112019
Captain Schoork

Amazing what there is in the infinite vastness of the perfume cosmos. We were invited to a real battle. A poet battle, the so-called Intergalactic Poetry Slam.
Even in the remotest corners of the galaxy this was the hot shit and nobody wanted to express themselves differently, so the crew and I decided to participate.
Everybody can use simple words and even if I personally prefer to give clear orders to the crew, they sometimes like it when I add some prose. So I have set a course with the words "So fly, on which we climb into spheres which touch our senses full-bodied". It went down pretty well So we set course for Douglas Centauri and arrived there, there was already something going on. We made the FlakonRun in 11 Parsecs, so we were quite fast on the way. Well, we have no fear of flying, what do you call fear of air!
The meeting itself took place on a remote moon called Copal Azur. It was very chic there. There was an ocean, clear air, lots of nature and fresh earth. However, the empire had probably made some weapons tests here and it still smoked properly.
This was remarkable because every participant had to describe this place in his own words, this was the task and you had to dive a little deeper to find words for it.

After everyone got your number, it started right away. It started a rather depressive little robot named Marvin, who never slept at night and then scribbled the walls full of others. Mostly 42 times and with bad humor.
"Rain. Straight ahead. What bothers me about the rain is his attitude. Always so down from above. Maybe we'll drown in the rain if we turn our noses."

This was very moving and we were close to tears. His performance was briefly interrupted by choleric moon dolphins, the so-called freak-out. Otherwise it was very touching.
Next was a son of Krypton. Karl AL was his name and he lived in Kleindorf for years and then entered the superhero business. Nice guy, only he wore his underpants over his pantyhose, but that was probably the latest fashion where he comes from.

"The forest smokes, I dedicate a glance to it, the ocean steams, I look at it, but suddenly I was scared, I still had on, the heat vision"

We were captivated by this truly philosophical message and it became mouse quiet before thunderous applause bid him farewell from the stage.
Then came an old acquaintance whom we met before, a little green guy with a bad sentence structure. We were very excited, because he seemed to shine.

"Be careful when you look into the bottle. The fear of stink is a path to the dark side he is. I'm gonna have to go into the scent house. Smell I have."

This was so wise and so full of infinite goodness. We were touched and the applause was gigantic. Even such a guy with a heavy breathing mask because of his asthma was enthusiastic and he said only Parfumo has taught him a lot.
Then Ellen Ripley came along. The first woman and what a woman. For years she had boxed herself at the highest level with lousy creatures, then things calmed down around her. Nowadays she is the publisher of Entwendy - the horse stealing magazine.

"Do I smell ethereal? Am I a believer? Can the spray of the waves wash away my sins? Is it cute or warm? And yet I'm on fire? It's an old iceman wisdom, you know?"

We lacked the words of the prose she revealed there. That was beautiful. We didn't understand a word, but it was so beautiful. Everything clapped like crazy. Great!
Then it was our turn and we sent our head decorators Bill S. Preston "Ruler over the aspic noses" and Ted "the rhinoceros" Logan into the race. The Hoschies will rock that already and we were really curious.

"Every rose has its thorns, every night has its dawn and every cowboy sings this sadly sad song. All right, Oberhoschies, unlock those eavesdroppers. I'm Bill S. Preston "Ruler of the Jelly Noses" and this is my dear friend Ted "the Rhino" Logan and together we are the Wild Stallions. We come from quite far away and like clear words, everything else is quite untriumphal.

Fresh frankincense underscored by spice, a hint of sweetness of amber and the density of patchouli result in a long-lasting fragrance that smells maritime but not aquatic and frankincense is always in the foreground. This is different, this is something new and pulls through well. He always leaves! Sounds extremely creamy to friends, doesn't it?"

"Colourful is the existence and grenade strong! "

I don't know how many minutes it took for someone in the audience to move, but we quickly thanked Melisse2 for the invitation and quickly set off again, full can of Hoschie! Some of those present congratulated us because of the clear words, but the mob wanted to get at us, the poetry empire collapsed and it is only thanks to Agent K that nothing worse happened. He flashed everyone and we made and fast from the stardust.

Energy!
9.0/10

Tropical incense
Copal Azur by Aedes De Venustas and created by Bertrand Duchaufour is a new and fascinating take on the incense genre. Bertrand Duchaufour has created many memorable incense perfumes including Aedes's own eponymous scent and the famous Avignon by Commes des Garcon.Here he creates a new genre.I'd call it "Tropical Incense" or "Oceanic Incense".

Too often these days are the launches of perfumes accompanied by marketing drivel and florid descriptions that rarely live up to the hype.Descriptions of exotic locales, rituals and rare ingredients fall flat as the reality is far different from the promised journey.Copal Azur is one of the few perfumes I've found that indeed does take you on the promised journey and what a journey it is.

Designed to recall the juxtaposition of the scared Mayan incense Copal,the lush oceanic locale of Tulum,and the verdant Mayan jungle,Copal Azur starts with a powerful blast of incense apparently constructed from 3 different extractions of Frankincense as Copal itself is not used as a perfumery ingredient.The opening is eye- wateringly strong.Behind the incense lurks a marine like ozonic note but don't worry aquatic phobes there's no Calone like note here.Because of that the incense has less of a Catholic or liturgical feel. It's more of a dry/bitter green ozonic note,almost chlorine like with a salty element.It has an airy and crisp feeling like staring into the depths of a deep blue cenote.Since cenotes usually occur at a fresh and salt water interface this makes perfect olfactory sense.Think of it as a salty fresh note,maybe Floralzone?.

After a few minutes a tropical note begins to creep in.This is the note of the Mayan jungle.It is the scent of a distant jungle rot with a spicy sweet green accent provided by the Cardamom.Bertrand Duchaufour used a similar note in his excellent Aurore Nomade for The Different Company.In Aurore Nomade the floral element was turned up and accented with rum and spices.Here it's much drier and airier.It'se the distant humid veneer of the jungle made drier by the incense and ozonic notes.At this point Copal Azur really does provide a remarkable realistic feeling of being on the beach in Tulum surrounded by a cloud of burning copal resin.As the perfume reaches it's middle stages it becomes slightly sweeter as the notes of Tonka bean and Amber make an entrance. The amber is meant to represent the fire that burns the sacred Copal. That sweetness is tempered by the patchouli and the Myrrh and the resinous smell of the Copal still swirls like a sweet smoke holding everything together.As Copal Azur dries down the notes meld seamlessly into each other into a resinous salty/fresh tropical blur.With a polite sillage and excellent longevity this is a must try for incense lovers and those that enjoy fresh tropical salty scents.It'sew and daring take on incense.I truly enjoyed the journey.Bravo Bertrand Duchaufour and Aedes De Venustas!

Popular Aedes de Venustas

Iris Nazarena by Aedes de Venustas Aedes de Venustas by Aedes de Venustas Cierge de Lune by Aedes de Venustas Œillet Bengale by Aedes de Venustas Palissandre d'Or by Aedes de Venustas Pélargonium by Aedes de Venustas Grenadille d'Afrique by Aedes de Venustas Musc Encensé by Aedes de Venustas