Waterlily Sun 2014

Waterlily Sun by Aerin
Waterlily Sun is a popular perfume by Aerin for women and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Green notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac, Waterlily
Base Notes Base NotesMusk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 04.01.2021.

DonJuanDeCat
Lilies? Water lilies? They're all just vegetables anyway, right?
Hello all you scent sniffers! Welcome to my latest fragrance commentary. This time it's about a women's fragrance again... I know I test TOO MANY women's fragrances, but what can I do? Most of the nice perfumas (oh wow, there seem to be really nice perfumas out there, who would have thought?... :D) who provide me with samples from time to time, just have over 90% of them only women's fragrance samples. And that's why I test most of them too, I mean, what else am I supposed to do? Pour them down the sink? He he, that thought alone should shock you fragrance freaks, shouldn't it?

Well anyway, so here I have another women's fragrance in front of me. This time it's Waterlily Sun by Aerin. A fragrance that could not be more feminine just from the fragrance name :D
Waterlilies... I can't even remember what normal lilies look like, and even a picture search isn't helpful here, since every waterlily seems to be a different color and they all kind of look fundamentally different too... bah! :D

So why am I writing about floral scents at all? I don't know either, but I do my best and try not to limit myself to just writing "it smells like stuffy flowers" :D

The scent:
The scent starts off quite simple, but also very nice. After a briefly tart floral start, you can smell lemon, green notes and slightly sweet jasmine. Everything is loose, floral-sweet and as I said soft and beautiful. Slowly it gets more floral too, but I don't know if this is because of the water lilies. Seriously, how often do I smell water lilies or water lily scents? Especially me as a guy? :D Heh heh. Anyway, on with the text!
So it smells sweet and floral. It's also still a little citrusy or lemony, which I think is great because it keeps the scent feeling pretty fresh for a while.
Also to the base changes actually nothing more. The fragrance is still fresh and you can smell the mentioned citrus notes with light floral scents as well as a nice sweetness.
A simple, but still quite nice, summery fragrance.

The sillage and the durability:
The sillage has turned out medium. You should not stand far away to be able to smell the fragrance with you, but very close you have to come at least at the beginning also not yet. The shelf life has not turned out so long, after about four hours, the scent is gradually close to the body and then disappears further and further.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular, tall and has beveled edges. The most beautiful thing here is the lid, which is green this time and which also, as always with the Aerin lids, again looks like a mineral cut through the middle. Very nicely done!

Conclusion:
Soo, the scent here turned out quite nicely. It's loose, fresh and smells wonderful, making it a great scent especially for warm days. Of course, it gets faint quickly and doesn't last very long, but isn't that how it is with most summer scents?

And although the fragrance itself is pretty simple, I find it quite nice smelling, which makes it really worth a look. Whether the fragrance now also smells like water lilies, well... asks me as I said something else. Something totally different! It smells flowery, yes! But more I can not really say about it, you know me :D

Anyway, it's a nice summer scent that smells very pleasant and you could use it especially during the day, so as a daytime scent for leisure or even for work. He does not annoy and I think he could also like the environment well.

So, that's about it! Hmm,.... So what do I do now? Well, I could look at some plant pictures and try to finally remember some flower names. Or I could stuff myself with some unhealthy snacking stuff and watch something Star Wars-like :D
Let's see, let's see... :)))

Have a nice evening in any case, see you :)

by ChopIsland
by ChopIsland

Popular Aerin

Tangier Vanille by Aerin Tangier Vanille d'Or by Aerin Lilac Path by Aerin Bamboo Rose by Aerin Rose de Grasse (Parfum) by Aerin Mediterranean Honeysuckle by Aerin Amber Musk by Aerin Evening Rose by Aerin Iris Meadow by Aerin Amber Musk d'Or by Aerin Gardenia Rattan by Aerin Hibiscus Palm by Aerin Garden Rose by Aerin Ambrette de Noir by Aerin Éclat de Vert by Aerin Aegea Blossom by Aerin Ikat Jasmine by Aerin Evening Rose d'Or by Aerin Limone di Sicilia by Aerin Linen Rose by Aerin