L'Agent (2011) Eau de Parfum

L'Agent (Eau de Parfum) by Agent Provocateur

L'Agent (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Agent Provocateur for women and was released in 2011. The scent is spicy-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

Azzi Glasser

Top Notes Top NotesAngelica, Davana, Pink pepper, Rosewood, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon geranium, Jasmine sambac, Osmanthus, May rose, Tuberose absolute
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Patchouli, Crystal amber, Smoky musk, Tonka bean, Myrrh, Cistus

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.10.2019

Incense sticks with creaminess
The first about 3h the smell reminds me of the incense sticks in the 90s were so in. Personally, I didn't like that as much. The fragrance retains a more subtle smokiness even after the treatment. It becomes more pleasant, however, as a note that I associate with body lotion with almond oil is added. Something creamy. The durability with me is above average.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Charmingly provocative
I've always wanted a truly feminine agent in the cinema world.

Not an androgynous fighting machine, but a nice girl who turns out to be amazing.

No, not a sex bomb that's been trimmed to hard !
But a supposed average girl, who has charm and cleverness - and rather secretly smart than incredibly stupid.

That is anxious, but not cowardly - subtly seductive, but not frivolous.
That would be my heroine.
And L'Agent would be their scent.

He comes along friendly, almost harmless - but he has it thick as a fist behind his pretty ears.
The rose geranium is full and weighed in - and Ylang lulls beguilingly.
The delightfully sweet Mairose has wrapped me completely.
Valuable Osmanthus lends class - and the girl next door is visibly transformed into a lady to reckon with.

The tuberose confuses with eroticism - and the patchouli also with exotic.
The musk is smoky like her cigar, which she enjoys after playing the harp.

You can have fun with this agent - but still you can't have fun with her.
Attraction is her strongest weapon - and a glance from her makes hearts melt.

Their Chinese master taught them:
Water overcomes fire - and soft overcomes hard.

She was his most learned student.
8.5/10

Helpful Review
Away in a temple
One of the interesting things about fragrances certainly is their ability to mirror us by leaving enough room for interpretation (at least many of them), thus functioning like a Rorschach picture. We project and choose what we prefer to see (apart from the 'wishful-seeing'), and tend to recognise those we know of, not unlike with anything else. As with many other brands, I learnt about AP and its existence through the perfume platform for the first time, and the curiosity of my nose won over any hesitation there might have been, considering the supposed target group. So far, I came to test 5 AP fragrances, and while one was a complete 'let-down', none of them at all conjured any association remotely connected with the images the brand seemed to aim at.

L'Agent, to me, smells like entering a Buddhist temple where a Western tourist just had left a trail of her strong peppery floral perfume in front of the shrine, which is now lingering in the serene and cool darkness, mingling with the scent of the wooden pillars and the smoke of the quietly burning incense. For this perfume, the Japanese expression 'to listen to a fragrance' (as used in Kodo) seems a perfect choice. From the opening till the dry down with the spicy, woodsy rose, the incense dominates which I always associate with meditation and calmness. Therefore, L'Agent does not evoke any sultry nor even sensual images to me. While I find it more of an ambience fragrance in the heat, in winter, L'Agent turns into a surprisingly 'cosy' scent like a comfortable kilt shawl, giving me solace and spreading a festive mood at the same time - I am reminded of the life-sized wooden crib figures I encountered during the childhood holidays in the Italian and Spanish villages, the myrrh and labdanum always wafting around in the cold, midnight air.

Even though it may not be anything revolutionary to those familiar with incense, I find L'Agent a unique amalgamation of a dusty, classic rose bouquet and boudoir imagery with the 'exotic' and solemn silence of the wooden Buddhist temple, with an excellent longevity and strength, accompanied by a beautiful bottle. Of course, it became discontinued. I will cherish this as my Christmas fragrance, while it lasts.
7.5 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Unexpected Gem.
L'Agent opens with a sultry pairing of incense and patchouli, followed by several lovely floral notes which soften it right up. It's smoky & mysterious, but also light & feminine. It actually reminds me of a slightly less heady, creamier version of YSL's 'Opium'. I would definitely suggest L'Agent as a cheaper alternative for Opium fans, and a must-have for anyone who loves the rich aroma of incense.
10.0 9.0/10

Smoky love
Deep smoky gothic perfume. The incense is the dominant note which gives a depth and a promising dry down. It is very very long lasting and unusual. You will not be disappointed if you like orientals in general. The bottle is very nice and reminds me of real porcelain.

valandria
You can run, but you cannot hide...
No good secret agent would wear this because her whereabouts would be discovered immediately! Geranium, tuberose, myrrh and frankincense combined with all the rest make for one bomb of a scent. I haven't been so put off by a perfume in a loong time. Longevity and sillage are excellent because it followed me around for hours after trying to scrub it off. Something in this perfume just didn't mesh with my chemistry at all.
5.0 10.0 7.5 9.0/10

Seductress
A "sexbomb" that starts its seduction with an opening of naughty, smoky rose that settles into an unusually well created harmony of notes.

A pandoras-box of scents that are intermingling into a wonderful fragrance.
Powdery (but NOT baby-powdery!) the powdery is a smokey floral with amber and sandalwood playing very nice with the other floral notes and creating a highly seductive mood, a persistent patchouli that lingers and a slight peppery note that adds to its sultriness.

Very sexy, very WOW. The silage is great: -large radius, be prepared to be noticed!- I can't stop smelling my wrists either when I wear this! It's true, this one is addictive. Love it!

Trucklady 129 days ago
Noble effort on a tight budget. Borders on niche style spice.
Anessa 2 years ago
AP Rose w/o its sourness & bitter hair perm note. Cuddly and comforting in winter, bridging diff. worlds--crib figures and Buddhist temples.+3

by Klaramiamia