Etienne Aigner Nº1Etienne Aigner (1975) Eau de Toilette

Etienne Aigner Nº1 / Etienne Aigner (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner / Etienne Aigner

Etienne Aigner Nº1 is a popular perfume by Aigner / Etienne Aigner for men and was released in 1975. The scent is spicy-leathery. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Myrurgia.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Neroli, Galbanum, Marjoram, Clary sage
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Vetiver, Geranium, Iris, Sandalwood, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Ambergris, Leather, Vanilla, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 31.05.2019

Once upon a time...
Hello Fellows,

since I'm mostly passive here, but here my interest in perfumes has been reactivated since my youth and I like to read a handful of "usual suspicious reviewers" again and again, I dare to try to make a fool of myself... Well, more coquettishly meant... I can neither dress the text in "Lord Byron manner" nor do I have bio-chemical abilities (apart from the perception of Patchouli, Carnation or Civet). The perception of the latter is not really a great art...
To the point: I can't really say anything new about the fragrance, that the specialists here, as always, have done à la bonne heure'. Aigner No.1 was one of my "first" - after first attempts with the Edt of Jean Charles de Castelbajac.... I can still remember well this really only subtle lipstick note and this light sweetness followed by the leather in the base... All this I've noticed repeatedly but the scent seems to have much less of this discreet sweetness - it's only perceptible in the base and I feel the patchouli more dominant...actually completely unsweet - so the comparisons with plain of Balmain are not so inappropriate (besides Macassar and Aigner Silver my holy grail).
What I can say is: the fragrance is as dense and rich as a Brunello or Barolo to illustrate its value - a typical representative of the "Roaring Eighties" (70s), the golden age of perfume art, in which you had to take a little bit of money into your hands but were rewarded with a nuclear penetrance of sillage and durability (I love it)... what you can buy today even for 80€ (plus/minus) is simply a scandal and even if that has nothing to do here in the Kommi - I sometimes have the impression here that quite a few have fallen here to the "wish" for good durability or Sillage and fragrances today at most homeopathic character have absurd durability values attest - ridiculous with a light skingout - sales journalism?
Pardon meandered and to get the hang of it again - Aigner No. 1 is perfume art (and exemplary for vintage) in pure culture! A 9 for the fragrance, 8 for shelf life and Sillage... Piff, paff, puff.
P.S.:
Even if I am threatened with exmatriculation now - if you are interested in the fragrance (50ml, Splash, Vintage in original box) please feel free to write to me (PN).

by Joe