ExplosiveProvocation (1986) Eau de Toilette

Explosive is a perfume by Aigner / Etienne Aigner for women and was released in 1986. The scent is spicy-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Coriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Moss, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by Lobelia, last update on 11.11.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Explosive Rose Powder
I got to know the Explosive fragrance while reading the comments here. My gut told me he was something for me. And I like to listen to my gut. So I bought it blind. not a new bottle, but another used, older bottle. So far, I've almost only had good experiences with this, since the chance of getting a vintage bottle is much higher. I rarely buy new bottles. E.g. if it is anyway a newly launched fragrance, but not even then always.

Unfortunately I could not check the batchcode for the age, because Etienne Aigner is neither listed at checkfresh.com nor at checkcosmetic.net, too bad. If someone still knows a good page for batchcode checking let me know.

Now, let's get to the actual scent. I liked Explosiv immediately, so I was not deceived by my instinct. All in all it goes in the powdery-aldehyde-floral-spicy direction and would also fit well into the seventies.
Explosive "detonates" with an aldehyde-like prelude, which was quite common in the seventies and eighties. "Old-fashioned" is what many of the younger generation will say. Well, I love that.
Well, when I was twenty I didn't like that either, only over thirty I started to appreciate aldehydes.
Some coriander joins it, but not too strong. Already more dominantly I hear the rose geranium, also called geranium, which sets the tone until the end. A little rose can still refine the rose geranium.
The rose geranium of amber and some patchouli is warmly underlaid. Oak moss is discreetly present.
The fragrance has a slightly pleasant sweetness, softened by its powdery overall picture.
It has a good durability and can be heard all day long, even if later only very close on my skin.
I like it very much, will get me another reserve bottle.
It is therefore recommended for people who like classic aldehyde pure flowery scents. Can introduce him to me in men, too. It looks good on my partner, anyway.

8.0 10.0 10.0 5.0/10

Loud and explosive
There they are, the '80s, shrill, colorful and loud. And this scent is just as loud and catapults us back 30 years with an explosive thrust.
I must confess, I felt torn back and forth when I put him on, because he brought childhood memories to life and at the same time shrank back with his nose because of the olfactory "BÄHMMM", which he inevitably brings with him. By the way, quite characteristic, how many perfumes of the 80s.
I couldn't make out the individual notes or - let's say better - want them, because the recoil has won the upper hand after all. But this spiciness, which was present beyond measure, remained, even after several attempts to wash off the scent.
If you like the fragrance loud in the style of the 80's, Aigner's Explosive is just the thing for you; everyone else might call it right, let's call it: Storing overwhelming fragrance "experience".
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Nothing for wallflowers
In the 80s I already had this scent once. It was the time of the killing noise wumm scents. Too violent for me back in my late twenties. But I liked him. At some point, however, I always replaced him for reasons and forgot him. Although I always used Aigner scents, but mostly the unisex scent Xlimited or other light scents. After a lady sniffed next to me in the glowing heat of the summer and said it would smell a lot like dishcloth, I took a break from scents. It wasn't a sink, it was my new citric scent.

Now I had the days to do something at Rossmann and I stumbled across Explosive, but without the addition of provocation for 7.99 euros minus 10% coupon. Daisy oracle questioned and the scent came without test. What a pleasant surprise when I sprayed the scent onto the skin. That's a tamed explosion now and just a little provocative. The beginning with bergamot, aldehyde and coriander and a little liquorice. Salty yet spicy. A little after rough North Sea in autumn. But this is quickly replaced by rose, lily of the valley and iris and with the notes of the beginning results in a harmonious thing that literally envelops you. But by no means well-behaved and bland, but provocative without being loud. The finish then with patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver a little earthy and tart. With the blossom, however, unusual and striking. I like it. I like it. Shelf life with me four hours and that is completely fine for me. Now has a little resemblance to magic Noire.

If you choose this fragrance, you should be aware that it will stand out. Not for tender young women who like floral dresses and frills. This is something for a mature woman of 50+ who can allow herself to be louder without falling out of line. She has the age to also know the original version of the fragrance and is now committed to the gentler version. She's not soft. Rather mature as the wearer who stands by this fragrance. I stand by it, because I have that age
9.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Old love
I got to know this fragrance in 1986, at that time still under the name "Provocation". I kept the old flacon and it still awakens nostalgic memories of that time. At that time I loved the scent, but then lost sight of it over the years. Just a few years ago, I rediscovered him for myself. It's nothing for all days, and sometimes I feel overdressed by it because it's so deep and heavy that I only let it "out of the house" on special occasions. Even today he is still something special for me, even if he is a bit old, but that's me, too ;-)
We've aged together and shared unforgettable things. I've just sprayed on a touch of explosive, and when I sniff at my wrist, I feel decades back. The combination of beguiling flowers, which lose their sweetness with a hint of bergamot and coriander and gain depth with patchouli and ambergris, is uniquely beautiful and unmistakable.

by Minea
Supernova. Für Fresh. Lasst es knallen, ich wünsche allen einen fröhlichen Rutsch ins 2019.
by Zora
das Herz zuckt, sobald jemand eine bestimmte Saite darin berührt... Lila in allen Schattierungen – neben Türkis und Orange ihre Lieblingsfarbe :-)
by Santalwalti