In Leather Man by Aigner / Etienne Aigner

In Leather Man is a perfume by Aigner / Etienne Aigner for men and was released in 2003. The scent is leathery-woody. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Apple, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Ginger, Melon, Yuzu
Heart Notes Heart NotesOakmoss, Cardamom, Lavender, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Leather, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 11.10.2019

Obnoxious!
In Leather Man by Aigner is hands down the worst leather fragrance I’ve ever tried. Even taking into account the really cheap price, for me it is still just desperately obnoxious, and completely unworthy *any* price. It opens with a harsh, extremely artificial nondescript smell which I think should be aimed at evoking leather, while it clumsily smells more like a car under the sun – not a particularly rusty or dirty one, just a normal car with that really boring smell of plastic, metal, rubber, cheap imitation leather. I think I get some musk, some components similar to what other manufacturers know better how to use for leather accords, and something ambery; it may sound decent, but the result is just a disaster for me. It’s not leather – actually for me this is really nothing at all. The drydown arrives quickly, light and sweaty. Until now I used to consider as the “worst leather fragrances” the ones which just uncreatively reiterate the same usual aromachemicals (e.g. suederal, safraleine ecc.), but at least, they smell “leather”. This smells just nauseating nonsense for me. If you want to stick to this brand (God knows why) I recall Aigner Black being a little more decent and more similar to an actual leather scent.

4/10