In Leather Man 2003

In Leather Man by Aigner
In Leather Man is a perfume by Aigner for men and was released in 2003. The scent is leathery-woody. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Apple, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Ginger, Melon, Yuzu
Heart Notes Heart NotesOakmoss, Cardamom, Lavender, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Leather, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 31.08.2020.

Manuel81
... is apparently still in production :)
It was this noble & discreet looking box that drew my attention to this perfume at Rossmann. Unfortunately there was no tester, but at 15 Euro for 75 ml I dared a blind purchase .
I just went in here and saw a scent rating of 7.4, so it can't be that bad !
I was not yet sitting properly in the car when I sprayed this perfume on myself ......the anticipation is somehow always the most beautiful thing The prelude is primarily fresh & spicy, not bad, but now also nothing spectacular .
After about 30 - 40 minutes, woody/leathery notes are added, and the fragrance not only starts to really please me, no .... it also reminds me of another fragrance.
A few minutes I needed, then it occurred to me, "Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男" ...exactly to this perfume this fragrance reminds me.
And if you look at the pyramid of scents of both perfumes, you will see that I am not so wrong with my assessment In addition to these spicy / woody / leathery notes, the fragrance has both a certain fresh and subtle sweetness The durability is on my skin so in the range +-6 hours .
Now to the Sillage :
There are scents where after spraying on you feel as if you had been hit with a sledgehammer ....and then there is AIGNER IN LEATHER ...the scent caresses its wearer very gently with a feather .
And although the scent is not very intense, it is very well released from the skin, it surrounds you with a kind of aura Sitting in my Passat Variant, after spraying this scent on it, I felt as if I was sitting in a Porsche Panamera with full leather interior .... I love it, and am glad to have discovered it for myself!

Obnoxious!
In Leather Man by Aigner is hands down the worst leather fragrance I’ve ever tried. Even taking into account the really cheap price, for me it is still just desperately obnoxious, and completely unworthy *any* price. It opens with a harsh, extremely artificial nondescript smell which I think should be aimed at evoking leather, while it clumsily smells more like a car under the sun – not a particularly rusty or dirty one, just a normal car with that really boring smell of plastic, metal, rubber, cheap imitation leather. I think I get some musk, some components similar to what other manufacturers know better how to use for leather accords, and something ambery; it may sound decent, but the result is just a disaster for me. It’s not leather – actually for me this is really nothing at all. The drydown arrives quickly, light and sweaty. Until now I used to consider as the “worst leather fragrances” the ones which just uncreatively reiterate the same usual aromachemicals (e.g. suederal, safraleine ecc.), but at least, they smell “leather”. This smells just nauseating nonsense for me. If you want to stick to this brand (God knows why) I recall Aigner Black being a little more decent and more similar to an actual leather scent.

4/10

by KC2503
by KC2503

Popular Aigner

Etienne Aigner Nº1 / Etienne Aigner (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Super Fragrance for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Aigner N°1 Oud by Aigner Etienne Aigner Nº2 (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Super Fragrance for Women by Aigner Silver (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Private Number (Eau de Toilette Opalisée) by Aigner Explosive / Provocation (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner In Leather Woman by Aigner Aigner Black for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Private Number / Private Number Women (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Sport Fragrance for Men (Eau de Cologne) by Aigner Cara Mia by Aigner Free Life (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Aigner pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Statement (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Aigner pour Homme Blue Emotion (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Etienne Aigner pour Femme by Aigner Aigner N°1 Intense by Aigner Ladies Day Paris by Aigner