Statement 1994Eau de Toilette

Statement (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner
Statement (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Aigner for men and was released in 1994. The scent is spicy-woody. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Geranium, Green notes, Lavender, Neroli, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesFruity notes, Geranium, Coriander, Lily-of-the-valley, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Leather, Musk, Styrax, Cedar

Submitted by MartinGE, last update on 02.10.2020.

I'm sticking to it
For me, the 90s remain the most exciting perfume decade, which many people may not understand. However, I personally associate a lot with the 90s, and fragrances are one of them. As colourful and shrill as this decade was, as broadly diversified is the range of fragrances. Everything cried out for change and risk, and that's exactly what I find great about the 90s fragrances. There is hardly a bottle where you roll your eyes out of boredom or have smelled 100 times before. So also with Statement.

Aigner has always been quite conservative for me and the target group of fragrances was, as far as I know, never aimed at younger people, which is probably why I have only been dealing with this brand since parfumo, especially since Aigner fragrances are not found everywhere.

Statement. A great name for a fragrance.
Of course, one approaches this with a certain expectation. And I think that's fair enough
The citric-spicy notes of the opening, above all bergamot, lavender and lemon, quickly merge with the heart notes, only here does the rose geranium do its job, slowly but surely drawing the woody notes into the boat. I see the cedar in the foreground here, accompanied by very little leather, but a good portion of (artificial) moss. This mixture is in turn muted sweetly by amber and styrax, forming a clean base that ends with a hint of musk. The fruity notes, whatever they may be, can also be smelled throughout the fragrance, but not as the main theme, but I couldn't name a specific fruit.

I'm sure that the formula has been tweaked, but that doesn't bother me, and neither does the fragrance itself. I don't mean to say it's boring, but it's more suitable for an office guy who doesn't want to be in tune with Bleu de Chanel and Co. 2020 like ;-)

The shelf life is okay, the sillage turns out generously in the first half hour. It is a pity that this one was also discontinued.
The early nineties...
You can complain about the decline of the fragrance division of the AIGNER brand as you like; you can denounce & condemn the artificial or trivial fragrances and mourn the good old days - STATEMENT, in my opinion, stands out from the current assortment of the brand
In the quite typical early nineties manner (classic modernity?), it starts immediately when sprayed on with green lavender and citric notes, without becoming herbal limonade. Soon a fruity corpus appears, which I personally consider to be the most pleasant in the course of the fragrance; no single type of fruit dominates here, but at least no fashion miracle superfood fruits newly discovered on Upper Amazon jungle markets are praised for commercialisation in Europe.
STATEMENT creates a good balance between the ease of life discovered at the time (resolution of the East-West conflict, German reunification, RTL Samstag-Nacht!) and the fading territorial marking attitudes of the Powerhouse era on the other hand.
The fruity heart is framed and bridled by a light leather note and a slightly stronger wood note. Flowery notes develop on my skin only later and not too strongly, I would not actually smell the lily of the valley mentioned there. But I think I can perceive a lot of galbanum - this scent has turned out to be one of my favourite scents in the course of my few perfume years! At the end, after many hours of wearing, a warm, woody green and restrained flowery fragrance remains on the skin. Even delicate echoes of honey could be possible.

Mr. Chnokfir actually called it perfect: a "wonderful width". In my opinion this is also a true characterization of this fragrance. I definitely find STATEMENT made convincing. Although it strives in the direction of a classic men's fragrance, it is still too fresh and fruity to look really old school. But maybe I am now slowly reaching the age at which one can and would like to wear something more serious... *winkersmiley*

Even after wearing it many times, I still like to use the fragrance - which I can't say from some highly praised and partly also high-priced fragrances. I'm thinking first and foremost of gourmands, sweet oud perfumes or Aventus and its many (mostly cheaper) copies. There the Aigner acts like a nose shower and somehow grounds.

STATEMENT therefore remains in my collection as a counterbalance to the other more modern fragrances - on the one hand because I really like him as a representative of his time, on the other hand as a reminder that the selling price does not necessarily correspond with the quality of the goods. You can obviously smell good even for little money. This is something that should be emphasised frequently, especially here in the luxury segment.
In short: a male fragrance of the middle class, well wearable and very fair priced!

Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
This is an inexpensive hidden gem, a smooth leather fragrance with niche quality; an old school near perfect EDT.

Colourful Statement for Fresh21! Painting by my daughter.
Statement von Etienne Aigner
by Chnokfir

Popular Aigner

Etienne Aigner Nº1 / Etienne Aigner (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Super Fragrance for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Aigner N°1 Oud by Aigner Etienne Aigner Nº2 (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Super Fragrance for Women by Aigner Silver (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Private Number (Eau de Toilette Opalisée) by Aigner Explosive / Provocation (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner In Leather Woman by Aigner Private Number / Private Number Women (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Aigner Black for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Cara Mia by Aigner Sport Fragrance for Men (Eau de Cologne) by Aigner Aigner pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Free Life (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner In Leather Man by Aigner Ladies Day Paris by Aigner Aigner pour Homme Blue Emotion (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Etienne Aigner pour Femme by Aigner Aigner N°1 Intense by Aigner