Super Fragrance for Men (1978)Eau de Toilette

Super Fragrance for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner

Super Fragrance for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Aigner for men and was released in 1978. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Tarragon, Galbanum, Clary sage, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Costus, Musk, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Undsoweiter, last update on 11.05.2020.

Strandpirat
Fantastic classic from the disco era .
Sometimes I don't understand why people hire such "treasures". ? Harmful ingredients inside? Does it make your chest hair fall out? Glyphosate in it? Who knows. Like all these "dinosaurs", it's not a quickie or a match for anyone. But one thing is for sure, if you overdose it, you will feel the olfactory plop.
The fragrance takes a while to get going before it presents its full spectrum. It is of course also related to the body odor of the wearer. Some people describe the scent as soapy, so it arrives at the beginning, but after about 2 hours it vanishes and it becomes really good.
Unfortunately only very very very expensive to buy and then you don't know if the stuff hasn't already fallen over. :-(
If someone can offer a bottling or miniature, very much so
FvSpee
CoViD comments, eighteenth piece: Kojak.
When I started with this daily soap about three weeks ago, the curfews and everything was still brand new (some of it was still rolling), everything was getting tighter and tighter, and now there's a lot of talk about the first relaxation exercises. It goes that fast. I guess from the third decade of April on, the hairdressers will be allowed to open again and a few small shops, and so from the beginning, in the middle of May, the kindergartens and primary schools will open again. Well, then we want to hold out until then, and hope that the virus won't rub its hands and really let it out again.

For a while there has been speculation about how all this will affect us in the long term and how we will remember the time: When the time when people wanted to commit murder for a piece of toilet paper and broke into hospital basements to steal masks, and when people started to think about the fact that these over-80s are actually only unnecessarily burdening health insurance companies and hospitals? Or as the time when you realized that you can actually be very happy without constantly running from meeting to meeting to party and jetting around like a maniac producing CO2, where you focused on important things, helped others and called all your old friends again?

No idea. Maybe you'll just want to forget and repress it very quickly and continue seamlessly as before, even in the bad. It all depends on us. I am modest. What I realistically dare to hope that will remain is a small push for cashless payment (I love that in Holland or Scandinavia, where you can pay for two rolls with a card or mobile phone) and a small breakthrough for homeworking for those who want it, even with previously rather conservative employers. Personally, I don't need to work from home, but I've always been upset that in my job (and elsewhere) e.g. young parents find it so difficult to reconcile career and family through generous homework regulations.

That was the view into the future, and now to the past. This fragrance doesn't seem to exist anymore, which is a pity. I took it out of my box today as a surprise gift and unfortunately I don't remember who gave it to me. I probably didn't buy it. So, noble donor, please come forward so I can thank you. I did not expect anything special, especially since I have heard the name "Aigner" once, but I do not associate anything with it. But after spraying it on, my reaction was: "My God! This is really hot stuff!".

The "super fragrance for men", which is an extremely stupid name and therefore already good again, so that there are 8 sympathy points (composed of 7 points plus one super point for men), is first of all really powerful. Again a nice, richly roaring projection and durability, but without excesses. Then I take the (I don't know if you can understand what I mean by that) as close fitting. That's the kind of scent you wrap yourself in. I'm not really part of the L&L scene now, but you understand what I mean. The only other fragrance where I feel it so extreme is Opium pour Homme by YSL, which I once wrote a comment on with the leitmotif "Heroes in tights". More traditionally described, Super Fragrance is very green and spicy, with a strong animalistic touch (wherever it comes from, at least not from the "Costus", I researched what it is, nothing naughty and no animal, it's just a little flower) and also very soapy and a bit sweet. And all this very, very nice and roundly composed and finely balanced. For me an absolutely masculine scent, 150 percent (I wish the one female owner here in the list a lot of joy with it).

Very exciting and very fitting I find this fragrance to be from 1978. You can see it from precursors of the 80s Powerhouse fragrances, already very related to it, but even more tamed, in nuce, the later excesses still in the bud stage. I wouldn't see the fragrance in Magnum or Higgins, neither in Crocket nor Tubbs, but in Lt. Theo Kojak from Manhattan, who was also a weird bird and colourful dog, but not yet such a crass individualist, but also a very traditional bull with ésprit de corps, old-fashioned code of honour and kiss-the-hand. And in addition, of course, SUPER Trouper from ABBA runs!

P.S. If you have supplies and want to get rid of them... ...pay with cash or toilet paper
"...to be more animal than any animal" - Soapy-Leathery Animal Bollard Bomb
Yeah, I could use Faust as a quote-unquote. I already know a mountain full of animalistic grenades, but this over 40 years old, unfortunately out of stock Aigner extends the range again with a huge, stylistically completely independent firecracker.

Complex and multifaceted, as the above list of aromas shows. At the same time spicy and herbal, sweet with a hint of sweetness, soap clean, but essentially also very musky, this is how "Super Fragrance" presents itself.

Tarragon, sage and lemon in the prelude, well-balanced, shifting into the slightly ethereal herbal, a light, almost somewhat incense-like sacral, cool note blends in. Sandalwood and especially musk really bang into it after about 10 minutes, a special animalistic basic tone (probably the above mentioned, never before smelled costus) does the rest.

Against all this elemental force of animal origin, a rather discreetly muscled vanilla/amber faction lingers somewhat laboriously in contrast.
Yes, it's an animal that is compositionally round, but for me personally it exudes an overly affected musky exuberance and almost stumbles into the splits because of its broad legs. I'm more inclined to "kouros".

by Taurus1967
by Perfumani
Ultra rare Super Fragrance for Men in 60ml Eau de Toilette Splash bottle
by Morpheus1

Popular Aigner

Etienne Aigner Nº1 / Etienne Aigner (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Aigner N°1 Oud by Aigner Etienne Aigner Nº2 (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Super Fragrance for Women by Aigner Silver (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner In Leather Woman by Aigner Explosive / Provocation (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Private Number (Eau de Toilette Opalisée) by Aigner Private Number / Private Number Women (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Aigner pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Cara Mia by Aigner Aigner Black for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Etienne Aigner pour Femme by Aigner In Leather Man by Aigner Free Life (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner Ladies Day Paris by Aigner Sport Fragrance for Men (Eau de Cologne) by Aigner Aigner N°1 Intense by Aigner Début by Aigner Statement (Eau de Toilette) by Aigner