Alf Lail O Lail

Alf Lail O Lail by Ajmal
Alf Lail O Lail is a popular perfume by Ajmal for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesSpices, Smoke
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlossoms
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Musk

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 18.08.2017

Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Exotic Oriental Perfume
This is one of my Favorites Perfumes from House of Ajmal. Best Mukhallat made so far. Hats off to Ajmal Perfumes. All Notes are well placed. The Top begins with a Fresh-Woody note followed by a Woody-Floral and base of Musky-Mossy. This Fragrance has been Designed around an Oriental Mukhallat Route with rich warm notes with a seductive touch to it. Beautiful combination of Oud & Wood with Musk & Florals, Well Blended.

Can be Worn in All Seasons & Occasions But Ideal for Winter. Projection & Longevity are V Good. My Rating for this Perfume is 9 out of 10.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Exquisite
It is no exageration to say that I chuckled when first I opened the little packet containing my 3ml rollerball sample of this oil and the sweet woody smell gently wafted to my nose. . I knew immediately that I would buy a full bottle and barely a week later I did so.

I don't quite know why I love it so much but suffice to say I feel a definite lift when I inhale deeply of this fragrance, much like a layer of cotton wool has been removed from around my mind.

The top notes to me are richly sweet wood with a medicinal vibe and gushings of a dusty, earthy patchouli.. The rose I smell is not a garden rose but a rich, thick rose absolute and the spice is laid back, creamy, smooth with nothing in particular jumping out as a note. As it wears there is an animalic musk, intensely sweet and savoury, and a sandalwood josstick that is only slightly burt.

The bottle is heavy at around 12 ouces when full. The gold and silver parts are metal, the lid has a small glass dipper inside that dispenses a tiny drip. I hardly use the dipper as I prefer to decant into a 3ml rollerball so that I don't contaminate the main bottle. The box is dark blue, comes in two parts (an outer tube slides over an inner tube which has two front opening doors to reveal a lining of holographic gold and the perfume bottle nestling in a red fabric covered base (very pretty indeed).

It has moderate sillage, is long lasting, and although it developes it is fairly linear. This is my most complimented perfume and I absolutely love it. Of the perfumes I own Mon Parfum Cherie par Camille comes closest in character.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Exotic. Unbelievable.
1001 Nights remembers me a lot of ambergris oil from Asia with it's "fecal" and animalic tones.

Actually it's a real amber and oud based fragrance.

This is dry, spicy, herbal and very exotic blend of these notes, with a earthy patchouli lingering around and some florals. Also this smells very animalic.

This is the most arabic scent of my entire collection.

Totally different from all French niches. I cant imagine any Montale, Mancera or Dior that comes close to it.

If you like Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, you'll probably love this one, although this is much, much heavier than SL's one.

Sillage, lasting power and projection is high.
Scent 7.0/10
Meet me at the Casbah
This fragrance is absolutely wonderful in the oil ( I can't comment on the spray version as I've never used it.) The "woodsy" notes in the pyramid are definitely strongly laced with Oud ... took a little time to get accustomed to in the beginning :o). It does soften a little with wear, becoming smooth and sleek as a piece of silk ... and it just lasts forever and ever. I have an open, empty bottle of this tucked away in a closet. Every last item inside is delicately fragranced with the lovliest rose/wood fragrance! Definitely a keeper ... 10/10 to Ajmal.

DorothyGrace 3 years ago
Got my son to try it. Heavier patchouli, less sweet, sharper, more masculine. Really quite a difference but recognisably Alf.+1
Bottle 10.0
Sillage 7.5
Longevity 10.0
Scent 7.0
Hermesh 3 years ago
Starts with a strong oudy note, becomes gradually spicy-woody, soft and more comfortable.+1
Bottle 7.5

• by Couchlock by Couchlock
  • by Miaw2 by Miaw2
  • by Yara by Yara

Popular Ajmal

Mukhallat Dahn Al Oudh Moattaq by Ajmal Dahn Oudh Al Shams by Ajmal Aurum by Ajmal Princess Musk by Ajmal Wisal by Ajmal Alf Lail O Lail by Ajmal Amber Wood by Ajmal Taaj Al Raas by Ajmal Carbon by Ajmal Mukhallat Shams by Ajmal Mizyaan by Ajmal Violet Musc by Ajmal Dahn Oudh Al Shams Special Edition by Ajmal Ambre Pimenté by Ajmal Evoke for Her by Ajmal Musk Rose by Ajmal Hatkora Wood by Ajmal Wisal Dhahab by Ajmal Ahebbak by Ajmal Sacrifice for Her by Ajmal