Evoke Gold Edition for Him 2018

Evoke Gold Edition for Him by Ajmal
Evoke Gold Edition for Him is a popular perfume by Ajmal for men and was released in 2018. The scent is creamy-powdery. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesNeroliNeroli
PepperPepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeraniumGeranium
IrisIris
AmberAmber
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Frankie, last update on 21.10.2021.

Eefinally a mega Prada L'Homme clone
For sooooo long I've been looking for a good clone of Prada L'Homme, famously the king of the office, the absolute "clean man" scent. I have owned the Prada for a year, also the Intense version. A wonderful fragrance, I do not have to say much about it. I can't remember exactly why, but I sold both of them. They were literally snatched out from under me. Is no wonder, I thought to myself.

Since I'm an absolute fan of those fragrances that play in the price / performance category at the top, I have long looked around for a clone of the Prada, without now reaching into the Eclat or D&P shelf. My hopes were very much placed on Orient, who are known to have brought very good dupes of the well-known fragrances on the market at a reasonable price and still do. But for a long time nothing came from Arabia either. Until in 2018, "Evoke Gold Edition for Him" by Ajmal suddenly appeared! Touted by many perfume freaks from all over the world as a Prada L'Homme dupe, so I had to get that one. Found it online, a fragrance shop from the United Kingdom, Manchester.

Once I arrived, I couldn't wait to retrieve the "gold" from the brown padded envelope. After I shredded the envelope, a shiny, glittery gold box was revealed. A bit ostentatious, I thought. Further inside, even more gold what shone! The bottle is shiny gold in color and has two notches on the sides for a firm grip. So the flanker can't just slip out of your hands. A circle is notched in the middle, and the spray head along with the cap is placed off-center. Stylistically exciting.

But is all that glitters really gold? Does there come out a fragrance that fulfills my dreams of Prada as soon as I press the sprayer? The first spray... And there it is! There it is! Pure excitement, ecstasy! There's the Prada I've been waiting for so long. The one I've been waiting for. Couldn't be that hard, I think to myself. The opening starts off fresh and peppery, with the pepper coming on subtly here. Neroli dominates in the first few seconds. In a few seconds, and this is no exaggeration, the powdery iris that is so characteristic of Prada follows. Amber joins in and keeps the iris in check at first. As of now, I thought ok, this one is drifting into sweetness but after 5-10 minutes, the powdery iris reasserts itself and also barely lets itself be smothered by the wood and earth in the base. So overall it retains this lovely fresh powdery, very slightly woody "clean" quality. And it does so for a long time, longer than the original. After 8 hours, it is still perceptible. The sillage is above average, though I've only dosed it discreetly so far. In the further weeks it will show how it behaves with the H+S.

A very successful masterpiece by Ajmal, huge compliments from my side! Except for the initial battle between iris and amber, the Ajmal Evoke is 95% of the Prada L'Homme. If you want a cheaper version of the original here that lasts longer and gives off a stronger vibe, this is the one to grab. Look around on the internet, in Germany it is currently rarer to have. I have as I said, the 90ml Flanker from UK for about 40€ get.

Ajmal phone L'homme
In a nutshell, it’s a clone of Prada’s L’homme and a pretty damn good one at that. Like most clones however, it’s missing a few details here and there in the drydown; but what it lacks in complexity, it more than makes up for in performance. In fact, that’s literally why I bought it.

The opening is a beautiful blast of watery iris and pepper – spot on Prada L’homme in my book. Neroli isn’t really a major player at the top, but within a few moments, there’s a powdery sweetness that comes in from the vanilla-leaning amber. As it dries down, it becomes distinctly soapier, with a dash of floral sourness from the geranium. However, whereas Prada L’homme adds a morsel of chocolaty powder in the mid and base, Evoke Gold simply replaces it with a more prominent neroli and liquid sweetness, generally characteristic of most modern clones that wish to appeal to a wider demographic.

Nevertheless, the overall effect is rather calming and perhaps leaning a tad more feminine than Prada’s original creation. And in the contemporary spirit of cloning popular fragrances with alternative synthetic ingredients, you can generally expect to exchange scent quality for a significant increase in performance. And I mean a SIGNIFICANT increase. This stuff literally screams for a solid hour and half before giving up the wheel and sticking around for another 7 hours plus - a nearly 3-fold improvement over Prada. If it shone like a light, you could probably see it from space. In fact, Evoke Gold is probably your best bet if you were ever stranded on a deserted island. Your scent would carry on the North Atlantic current and you could easily use the wacky reflective gold bottle to signal passing planes. No jokes. Maybe even bring down a satellite or two…

Of course I’m being facetious, but the difference in performance really is quite noticeable. And as an added bonus, the stuff actually starts to smell like CK Be in the far drydown! An odd twist of events, but there you go.

Overall, I have to say that for a relatively inexpensive fragrance, I’m impressed with the execution of Evoke Gold for him. If Prada L’homme was an indoor scent, this could be the outdoor version, at the meager expense of a little note density in the drydown. Sure, it may not be a perfect clone, but as a daily soap-faring workhorse, I’ll take the added projection and longevity over a few measly notes any day of the week. Like I said, that’s why I bought it.

Ernie824Ernie824 1 year ago
I agree with Carlitos, I own Prada L'Homme being close to 1 to 1, to me a hidden gem from Ajmal at a lower price point
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
After buying the Silver Edition, I was quite curious to try the Gold. And yes, it's 95% Prada L'Homme , with more performance and less wood.

Popular Ajmal

Amber Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Ajmal Mukhallat Dahn Al Oudh Moattaq by Ajmal Aurum (Eau de Parfum) by Ajmal Wisal by Ajmal 1001 Nights (Eau de Parfum) by Ajmal Mizyaan by Ajmal Princess Musc by Ajmal Evoke for Her by Ajmal Santal Wood by Ajmal Wisal Dhahab by Ajmal Mukhallat Shams by Ajmal Ambre Pimenté by Ajmal Danat Al Duniya by Ajmal Mosha'a / مشع by Ajmal Incense Wood by Ajmal Evoke Silver Edition for Him by Ajmal Rose Wood by Ajmal Violet Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Ajmal Shadow pour Homme by Ajmal Qafiya 1 by Ajmal