Attar Al Kaaba

Attar Al Kaaba by Al Haramain

Attar Al Kaaba is a perfume by Al Haramain for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is oriental-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Orange, Bergamot, Saffron, Ylang-ylang, Apricot
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Lily-of-the-valley, Jasmine, Iris, Patchouli, Caramel
Base Notes Base NotesOud, Amber, Sandalwood, Musk, Moss

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 14.01.2020.

1.001 night: full of mystery and a breath of crap
A very dear Parfuma sent me a large, lovingly arranged smell package; only to my joy - or like she wrote "for the Diva in me"!
She knows how much I thank her for this and also notices that I immediately went on a discovery or sniffing tour: here I know nothing!

The jewellery flacon of "Attar al Kaaba" alone makes us "girls" happy: gold-coloured ornaments and brightly coloured stones - well, the heart laughs! Already here the dreamed Orient lets greet from 1.001 night!
But exactly this flacon put me to the first test: habit animal, which I am, I shagged and pulled at the cap - nothing happened!
Should this Duftdjinn refuse me right from the start?
No, no, no, no, no! That's not allowed!
At some point I noticed: not pulling, but turning is what it means here.

And I discovered a smooth scented oil that does not caress my skin heavily and sluggishly, but softly: how beautiful and that just now, when the cold and grey days are approaching. That's a very pleasant encore.
The scent of this rich oiling corresponds to everything that Lieschen Müller imagines among the "fragrances of Arabia".
Fruity aromas of ripe lemons, bergamot and beautiful scented oranges unite with noble saffron. This "blunts", as it is its nature, an initially lively freshness sympathetically.
Thus no tingling fresh start develops, but already now a slightly beguiling fruit/spice melange.
Ylang-ylang cuddles up and brings its own bright glow; the apricots are also ripe and juicy and add a touch of bitter almond (persipan) to this fragrance.
Everything is very tastefully dosed and leaves the wish behind: "Please, I want more of this!"
"Attar al Kaaba" gives generously more: velvety scented roses sit on a loose bed of dung - could well be camel dung; as is well known also a good fertilizer and perhaps not completely innocent of their scent maturity.
Both nuances combine noble breeding and unbridled nature: refined and not unpleasant at all.
As you know, the two white "stinkers" jasmine and lily of the valley come along a bit "dirty" - oh, I love them so much! They wear again their white flowing lace garments and scent veil.
They also seem to become more intense and dominant due to this base: they adapt well to the racy roses.
Iris, proud and elegantly slender, dusts a little powder over the whole thing before a golden brown patchouli river sets itself in motion, slowly and a little sluggishly.
A fragrance creature that takes its time to reach fully developed beauty: but it is worth it!
Soft caramel in a fine light brown shade appears as a delicacy; a small bowl of it already stands next to the wide fragrance divan on which "Attar al Kaaba" has meanwhile made itself comfortable.
This work of art is not slim and lank and vital; no, this certain elegant inertia suits it very well! Because also our great acquaintances of the base note are now comfortable to raise their scent heads:
The first thing that surprises me, though, is moss - moss?
Yes, a bit dark, moist and earthy, this note corresponds perfectly with the already fully developed Erdgeist Patchouli: both seem to be "buddies in the fragrance" here!
Of course Ambergold should not be missing from this rich fragrance oil and once again awakens the velvety note of the rose aroma.
Sandalwood and musk refine and complete a really oriental-opulent round dance wonderfully.
Here I am strongly reminded of Ingres' painting "The Great Odalisque".
I experience gratefully, how again a large sensual smell painting develops.

Fruits, blossoms and many spices caressing the senses, blown around by a pleasant hint of animalism, conjure up a scent fairy tale, on which Sheherezade and Venus woven together and told each other many stories and secrets, and which develops a special intensity and durability as an oil Not exactly for the duration of 1,001 nights; but still sufficient for some nice hours.

A decorative Oriental, who fulfils all expectations, moved in with me and will be a loving and soul-warming companion for me this winter.
I am almost sure that I will discover many bigger and also smaller scent facets and it with "Attar al Kaaba" certainly will not become boring The magic carpet of fragrant dreams was unrolled before me; the magic slippers are ready:
An oriental fragrance journey can begin: follow me!

Absolute!
Along with Marwah, Attar Al Kaaba is definetely a must have for oud lovers, and they both have fantastic bottles and package.

The smell: less sweet than Marwah, they're like cousins.

Al Kaaba opening is even more medicinal and flowery, then dries down to a heavy oud, sweet roses and sandalwood.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are average-high. Definetely thumbs up!

Updated January 2014

My first Arabian Perfume Oil
For quite a while I hesitated to even try an oud-laced perfume oil. However because this is a definite trend and I thought maybe I am missing something, I started testing a few tiny samples of pure oud and rejected them outright, shaking my head and muttering some very descriptive nasty names. Those were medium quality oud samples from a reliable source. I don't think that I will ever appreciate inexpensive ouds and the outstanding, high quality, long-aged and very expensive pure oud will be out of my range anyhow.

But there is something for regular mortals: those are the "Oud Blends" (Mukhalats). There are many variations - so, following the recommendations of people-in-the-know, I bought a few 3 ml samples. They come in short sturdy little glass bottles with a dipstick and are not miniature versions of the elaborate fancifully decorated bigger sizes, they are just plain sample bottles.

"Attar Al Kaaba" is the first oud oil blend I experimented with following a recommendation. It is suitable for women and men. After further research I believe that it is a "classic" and widely available in the Middle East.

Daintily applied with the dipstick on the skin, with feather light strokes, say on the inner elbows and a touch under the chin and a tiny pinpoint behind the ears is more than sufficient. Trust me on that. Who uses more may spoil the enjoyment not only for herself but also for others, so potent is the aroma of that little gold brown oil. First I startled, "another mistake ... this smells like cough drops" but wait, say no more, and after a while the aroma changes slowly into sweet and refreshing warmth. Very easy to wear and pleasant to a Western nose.

The way this scent speaks to me is an impression of mild oud mixed with flowering fresh roses, sustained by some spicy nuttiness. The mild oud persists throughout and sort of holds it together.

Unlike Western perfumes with a 3-level pyramid where the perfume dries down into heavier base notes, this oily aroma rather vanishes in a pleasant way, getting more and more faint over many, many hours. At the end some lovely little mimosa-type notes come out before the aroma settles into a skin scent. No strong surprises of anything musky, indolic or heavy. Just a pleasant fading out.

But potent is the name: On paper it lasts twice as long, a few drops spilled on wood burned a hole.

After this successful encounter with Oud in Arabian Perfume Oil Blends, I was fascinated and pursued this road of discovery, eagerly testing the next 3 ml mini samples. A whole new world opened up.

by Icufish
by JPhx
by Serenissima
by Serenissima

Popular Al Haramain

L'Aventure by Al Haramain Portfolio - Neroli Canvas by Al Haramain Leather Oudh by Al Haramain Black Oudh by Al Haramain Oudh 36 by Al Haramain Portfolio - Floral Sculpture by Al Haramain Noora (Perfume Oil) by Al Haramain Amber Oud Tobacco Edition by Al Haramain Haneen (Perfume) by Al Haramain Safwa by Al Haramain Amber Oud Gold Edition by Al Haramain Angel by Al Haramain Amira Gold by Al Haramain Excellent Men by Al Haramain Haramain Forever / For Ever by Al Haramain Sultan (Perfume Oil) by Al Haramain Étoiles Silver by Al Haramain Junoon by Al Haramain L'Aventure Knight by Al Haramain Urbanist / Prive Silver by Al Haramain