Détour Noir by Al Haramain / الحرمين
Top 29 in Unisex Perfume
Détour Noir is a popular perfume by Al Haramain / الحرمين for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesAlmondAlmond
HeliotropeHeliotrope
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Darkbeat, last update on 18.09.2021.

PDM Layton 1:1
Very close to PDM Layton.
Longevity is over 8 hours. The first 4 hours it projects heavy and then it gets closer to the skin , but still holds really good.
On clothes it can easily last all day and more.
Hujo77
The surprise of the year !!!
Have this fragrance by a recommendation of another Parfumo members perceived and me the fragrance because of its low price direckt times ordered.
I was told he should have very great similarity to Layton by PDM, but since I have never smelled Layton but had seen many very positive opinions about him I was curious how Detour Noir smells now.
Have him now for 3 days in use and am absolutely thrilled by this fragrance especially dingen because he smells so wonderfully sweet and fresh and at the same time transparent and in the drydown still gets a slightly bitter note which stands him super to face and balanced.
Rarely smelled such a sweet fragrance that you can wear wonderfully without the sweetness after a time on the biscuits goes really wonderful, in addition, he smells super high quality and noble what you would expect from a fragrance that costs only 15 euro hardly.
If you would decant this fragrance into another flacon you could also land the 10 times and people would buys really very high quality.
So if Layton really smells like this here I can understand all the good reviews.
Conclusion:
Detour Noir is a very noble fragrance that you can wear despite its sweet character wonderful at any time of year and will always positively aufallen.
To the durability and Sillage I can say also only positive, since he is loosely his 10 std. perceptible and a super pleasant Sillage possesses the not too obtrusive but always present is The carrier is over several hours in a beautiful 1.5 to 2 meter bubble that envelops him.
On the whole a wonderful fragrance, the only drawback of the Flacon is really not beautiful.
Therefore, this fragrance is for me the surprise of the year !!!

Thanks again to Supaturk for the secret tip !!!

Unbiased
Unbiased since I do not know Layton.
And what can I say the fragrance is OK but should that be the dupe of the best fragrance on Parfumo?
I must confess I am more attracted to fresh scents, this gourmand/spice.... Date scents have no appeal to me. And that's MY problem with Détour Noir
what I perceive Very strongly is almond and vanilla.
It is in my eyes a very linear fragrance without major changes, it does not Eckt and knows how to please...my wife loves it. The shelf life is strong 8 hours are no problem.
In conclusion Layton is gone from my wish list as I personally would not be willing to pay more for the kind of perfume as this alternative costs 24 euros and for the money it is just a very good perfume.
One snapshot is enough
Smells 1:1 like the noble Layton after its somewhat schizophrenic top note has settled. But has no noticeable progression, only a decrescendo with time.
Circumlocutory Durftbeschreibungen I spare you, he comes in the environment well, thanks to moderate Sillage are compliments in at the latest hugs a la "Your perfume smells good, which is it? Sweet, but still good!"
Question for the morally upright reader: do you then answer honestly or do you call the original? ;)
Opening a little chemical, but these notes fade quickly. Durability goes with direction 6h on the skin okay, on the clothes as always significantly longer, overall not outstanding earth-shattering, but also not worse than the original, rather better.

The flacon is actually ugly as the night dark, have thought here exaggerate all, but it is already an achievement that you have to appreciate.

Bottom line, a very successful clone. Who is not too fine for this has the potential to save a lot of money.
Emko47
Are you the perfect Layton replacement or not? Hmm...
Let's start with the presentation.
Bottle is already ugly and has no straight bottom so he is the only bottle that wobbles in my cabinet when you run through the room. The spray is relatively ok but it runs out. I mean is mega cheap but there you could at least do something.
By the way, I also noticed that they have given him a new packaging. What comes next? The bottle itself will be a new one? And at some point it will probably start here with the myth of reformulation? Well :D

Now to the fragrance:

Percentage wise it's always hard to say. We probably all perceive something different and smell probably all different ingredients individually more intense or rather less.
But I would say that he comes to 85% - 90% in thing similarity to the Layton there.

He also has somehow a slight touch of the L Excl I would say.
A tick sweeter than Layton think maybe also by the almond which is according to the D pyramid already in the top note.... of which I notice if at all only in the late dry down something.
Layton itself is synthetic that's no secret and this one is already more synthetic and somehow slightly syrupy and sour. He also has the typical mentholvibe and the slightly scratchy like Layton.

Longevity is good but the sillage and projection is no big surprise now.... For a spicy sweet fragrance normal and in my opinion not above average but just good.
Since we just have to be realistic and stay on the carpet.
The current Layton no matter if you just use it for the first time or have for a while and let the fragrance mature is not a big difference. Anyway, that's how it was for me. Layton didn't really 'breathe' on me or despite using it and trying to let the scent mature it never turned into a Beast like some would call Layton...
I don't have a direct comparison but I think Layton has more power and more depth I have to be honest...

Conclusion For 15 euros you can not really do anything wrong if you already like Layton...
But He simply lacks the finishing touches and you still notice the Layton simply plays in another league...

Let's just hope that he remains in it at the same price if he is then times again available.
But as the people hyped him to the sky he will probably not stay long at the price.... ^^

Another proof that Al Haramain and Rasasi etc. are on the whole qualitatively better at the start than Armaf and Co...

But nevertheless we should be realistic here and rate the fragrance as we find it without having Layton in mind... because that usually has a positive effect and some tend to rate the fragrance better than it deserves. Because some people think: "Why should I pay 160-220 € for Layton? When I can have this for 15 euros!"
Don't forget for that there is the P/L ratio in the reviews.... :D

Is he the hype just? Yes!

Is he a complete replacement? No!

Who is the fragrance worth it for?
For crass PDM fans not because they will anyway stay with the original and rightly so (without considering the price).

But for people who had perhaps befriended Layton and had not gotten much feedback with the original and got rid of him or used or sold ... The original to buy then but too bad because they are not hardcore fans but find the DNA not bad...
For those it is worthwhile to access the Detour Noir.

Last point...
Is the fragrance worth more?
In my opinion, should be rather not more than 30-35€... Allerhöhstens! Should he rise from the current price 15-20€...
Anything that would go over 35€ would be really cheeky.
Lalle
Christmas or summer retreat?
I must confess that I still have the Layton packaged at home and have not used it yet. It has simply lacked the occasion and since I have bought so much lately, I did not want to bring each bottle through the first spraying, to some basic durability, just to have smelled him times.

Sounds stupid, but maybe some collectors can understand that.

Why I write this? Quite simply, I have the Layton but do not know him. Nevertheless, the Detour Noir reminds me quite clearly of a certain (but then probably different) fragrance that I have already worn, but unfortunately I do not come to which fragrance it is.

So would the DN also remind me of Layton? I can't say. But it reminds me of everything you (or just me?) associate with Layton.

There's that typical fruity touch, but it's also strongly reminiscent of Christmas due to its sweetness and a certain "heaviness", and of course it's also reminiscent of a delicious cake.

Of course, the DN (and probably Layton) is not a summer fragrance and I can understand if it is too heavy for some in the summer.
By the fruity note, he is but quite wearable in the summer. Maybe not exactly on the beach, but certainly on vacation in the evening at a bar or in a club.

I wear but generally also in the summer like heavy fragrances (at least in the nightlife), because summer means vacation for me. And on vacation and in the south, there is always a light daytime fragrance for me, a slightly stronger fragrance for dinner and the cocktail afterwards...and then for nightlife a fragrance that I feel like wearing and not something that has to conform to conventions.
I'm rambling a bit, but that's exactly what I was thinking when I smelled this scent (and I'm still currently wearing it).
I thought of the Christmas season, but also of the situation in a hotel. One has just showered and also at night time around 24:00 it is still warm. Slowly but surely the clubs have to believe in it and it goes off...I reach for the Al Haramain and feel good...but damn....da comes up again the memory of Christmas....will I today in August on Ibiza, Mallorca, Rhodes and Co, really smell like Christmas or do I actually also do not care? A decision that I "thanks" Corona this year probably will not have to make yet, but I am prepared........

As a conclusion, I can only say Layton or not....for a little over 15 EUR, this is a great fragrance with which you can do absolutely nothing wrong. So off into the shopping cart with it and off goes the ride (am already again landed at Christmas....diesmal it is the Christmas market).....
Favea
It does not only belong to the men ;)
Détour Noir found his way very accidentally to me, because he was just reduced on the manufacturer's site, and I liked the fragrance description very much. Only afterwards I found that he is actually rather a "men's fragrance" should be.
Well, the bottle is actually rather classic masculine -cut, sporty curves- but with the content I have to dispute him the gentlemen. Détour Noir is namely a great soft, fresh-spicy fragrance that radiates a certain unobtrusive warmth. Amber, sandalwood and the fresh spiciness of cypress and cedar are present right from the start and are great underpinned by almond, tiny bit of vanilla and musk. These three spices make the scent spicy - soft and not too "sporty-masculine". It is clearly perceptible, but subtle. It lasts about 6-7 hours on me, but towards the end it's rather skin deep. For me personally, a "spice fragrance" that I can wear in the summer, because it also brings a certain freshness. The mentioned citrus I smell personally but not at all. After lemon, orange and Co. smells here nothing for me. At most, one could assume that a slight sweet pineapple note flows in. Overall, a really nice fragrance for me, for little money.

Gomeso812Gomeso812 10 months ago
This is a very good copy of PdM Layton. Great performance, but horrible presentation.

by Sasynix
by Sasynix
by Raf66
by Raf66

Popular Al Haramain / الحرمين

L'Aventure by Al Haramain / الحرمين Portfolio - Neroli Canvas by Al Haramain / الحرمين Amber Oud Tobacco Edition by Al Haramain / الحرمين Portfolio - Royale Stallion by Al Haramain / الحرمين Leather Oudh by Al Haramain / الحرمين Black Oudh by Al Haramain / الحرمين Amber Oud Gold Edition by Al Haramain / الحرمين Oudh 36 by Al Haramain / الحرمين Portfolio - Floral Sculpture by Al Haramain / الحرمين Manège Rouge by Al Haramain / الحرمين Noora (Perfume Oil) by Al Haramain / الحرمين Amira Gold by Al Haramain / الحرمين Haneen (Perfume) by Al Haramain / الحرمين Safwa by Al Haramain / الحرمين Angel by Al Haramain / الحرمين Precious Gold by Al Haramain / الحرمين Étoiles Silver by Al Haramain / الحرمين Excellent Men by Al Haramain / الحرمين L'Aventure Intense by Al Haramain / الحرمين Junoon by Al Haramain / الحرمين