L'Aventure Knight

L'Aventure Knight by Al Haramain
L'Aventure Knight is a popular perfume by Al Haramain for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon vervain, Bergamot, Tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Violet, Ozonic notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Powdery notes, Sandalwood, Musk

Submitted by Beni69, last update on 27.10.2020.

Asasello
No real description of the fragrance, rather philosophical reflections on the knight and the horse...
I've been thinking for a while about writing a comment on L'Aventure Knight because maybe I don't really trust my own sense of smell and so far the comments and statements don't seem to echo the note I perceive. On the other hand, Parfumo might not have the sense that its users merely confirm each other's perceptions. Even though this has its justification, such a side lives perhaps more from the controversy?!

Well, therefore to the fragrance:

First of all, I don't think he is bad, he certainly has similarities to GIT or CW. But I myself would not see it as an alternative to GIT, rather as a fragrance in its own right. Not because I didn't tolerate any gods besides GIT, but because I don't think the similarity is that great
I read these lines and find myself trapped in the very cycle I was trying to escape from: comparison with GIT or other fragrances. But once it has started, it should stay that way. Since the scent of L'Aventure Knight is regularly compared with GIT and CW anyway, I can't help but include a comparative consideration in the description of my impression. For once the assertion that there is a twin fragrance in the world, almost inevitably all evaluations revolve around this thought and naturally also influence one's own attitude. It seems to me to be a being of the human psyche that once in our mind there is a mental connection between two things, all further considerations about it always revolve around this connection, like the moons around a planet, these around a star etc...

It is not difficult to free oneself from this "cycle", but on the other hand it is also not easy. Sometimes I succeed, but not always. But sometimes such an attempt at liberation also leads to perceptions or insights, which one is confronted with with some alienation and which raise doubts about one's own feelings. It's the same here.

Already the start of the "Knight" reminds me of the smell that emanates at night from the neighbouring meadows and that sneaks secretly through the opened windows like a thief into our home... It is the horses of our neighbour, rather their evaporation that spreads here. In short: stable smell, from quite a distance, but yes, over and over again, this slightly animalic note, only very close, but nevertheless clearly perceptible. What's that? What's that? Sweating horses? Is that all I smell? Maybe I have a strange sense of smell (see my comment on the M7 oud absolu) but the start from the knight reminds me of the smell of sweating horses. But also this may be a "Freudian odour miss", because as a chess player I naturally have to think of the corresponding chess piece at Knight, the knight... Yes, the horse is not too far away from the knight either...

Once burnt into the olfactory memory, I cannot remove this perception even after repeated testing. It remains what I consider to be a slightly animalistic note, not only at the start, but over a longer period of time. But it's not pushy or unpleasant. Floral and ozone fragrance components deprive the horse of its wildness.

With increasing time the fragrance becomes fresher...yes, indeed, fresher, with increasing time...
That's possible because the animal breath fades away more and more and a memory of CW has her performance announced long before. And, of course, CW always has a letter of recommendation from GIT in its pocket. And yet...the "Knight" only reminds me of GIT far, far away, in my opinion. If one tries to take the scent as it is, i.e. without comparative consideration, it is an independent scent and - as already written - not a bad one.

But I have to disappoint all those who expect a closer description of the fragrance. I don't see myself in a position to do that. My nose is far too little trained in filtering out individual scent components. I can only try to convey my impressions. Here it has something of a summer meadow with grazing, sweating horses, herbs and a little ozone. No unsightly and - as already said - an independent scent with good durability (jdf. very close), but in my opinion reserved silage. But I wouldn't take him for the office, I'd rather take GIT or something. Here I would be worried that others might smell the horse, too, even if the comments so far make this fear seem exaggerated.

So, that's it. A lot of writing about practically nothing...
THE scent for 40+ ... °C
Man, what have we oiled this July 2019. Almost every perfume failed after 1-2 hours of service or was no longer properly noticeable because of these unbearable temperatures. Officially it was said: "German weather service confirms new heat record: 42.6 degrees, never was it hotter in Germany".

But what's the best thing to wear?

Fortunately during these super hot days the ideal scent arrived at my place, for which they are no problem. Is this perhaps due to the fact that 40°Summer is the normal case in the United Arab Emirates, where Al Haramain is located? It seems that way, because L'Aventure Knight is playing with it, yes, he's giving them the cold shoulder straight away! Here my tip:

2-3 sprayers on the T-shirt in the chest area do wonders, because immediately a piercing ozonically green sword splits the oppressive air and hisses a refreshing cooling effect into the olfactory organ. For younger people who may not know it, this could be a little shock at first. But I'm thrilled, this note reminds me a lot of the Vintage Cool Water. Although he always speaks of aquatic, hasn't this stinging power synthetics always been more ozone than aquatic, as we understand it TODAY? Anyway, I don't have the original CW at hand anymore, but the similarity of this note is unmistakable (I don't know Green Irish Tweet by the way).

But back to the fragrance itself: at the beginning, the citric top notes are clearly audible and share the over-fresh fragrance impression with the ozone in roughly equal parts. Then, after about 10-15 minutes, the essence becomes greener and a little more earthy. Is that the tea? It may be, but its perceptibility is reduced a little after about three quarters of an hour anyway, while the captivating dominance of the fragrance is reduced to about half an arm's length. Now he is really great of this Al Haramain, and after a good hour his base scores round him off a bit. Nevertheless, this tangy light green freshness peak always remains, wonderfully masculine, for many hours - less as a fragrance cloud than rather a sleek boomerang that constantly circles its wearer and hisses past his nose again and again. Simply wonderfully fresh, clear, transparent, whereby I can only detect a light spice, but no iris, violet and powdery notes, which is probably better for this great summer hit.

Therefore I can recommend L'Aventure Knight only warmly ;)! Not only because of its value, the great Sillage and long durability (8h+), but also because of the beautiful Cool Water Vintage kinship and its good layer properties: just add a hiss and the next summer can come - no matter how sweaty. Because that's
THE fragrance for 40+ ... °C

...an edgy Cool Water stepbrother
after I liked the normal L´Aventure quite well I ordered a bottling here.
Sprayed on today and yeah yeah ... what can I say ... at the beginning quite intensive smell/nuisance.
After about 45 minutes I find him quite pleasant. It reminds me of Davidoff Cool Water - only in angular, not as rounded as the original, but still just as fresh and with that certain charm.

Iris, lemon and bergamot I sign. Just like the statement, "It smells like Persil washing powder."
As a direct clone, I wouldn't consider it, but I would still include it in my family as a stepbrother.

Is worth a test :) Personally, I like it

Another Hidden Gem is called L'Aventure Knight
SOTD: Al Haramain L'Aventure Knight: As of 01/02/19

My opinion on the L'Aventure Knight is a clone of GIT on what people compare it to, and I don't own GIT to compare it to but I own Cool Water. And L'Aventure Knight has the GIT/Cool Water DNA, but to my nose I love the scent coming from L'Aventure Knight then Cool Water. Cool Water was my signature scent several ions ago, Cool Water has that tobacco, sea water and green notes in which I love, but now my taste on fragrance has bit matured which is still growing and learning the notes of different genres of fragrances. L'Aventure Knight has the floral notes like violet leaf, iris and bergamot which is more mellow and pleasing to my nose than Cool Water. Don't get me wrong I love my Cool Water, but down the road I will gravitate more to L'Aventure Knight than Cool Water to wear on occasions or a dumb reach. L'Aventure is a surprise scent to me, which I liked and probably love as well. Overall my rating of L'Aventure Knight is 8.25/10. To me is a must buy/purchase.

Rating

Scent: 8.0/10
Value: 9/10
Presentation/Design: 9/10
Performance/Longevity: 9/10: Lasted on my skin tapping at 14+ hrs
Overall: 8.25/10

Revisited again this scent/fragrance made my SOTD as of 02/15/19, and it hasn't change my opinion about this fragrance to me in my honest opinion this is a better clone of GIT out there in Frag.com at the moment, it's better than Tres Nuit and Cool Water and of course is not better than the OG GIT. Again my nose detects the Iris, powdery notes, musk, tea, lemon verbena, and bergamot. I'm still getting beastly longevity/performance 8-10 sprays, lasted on my skin as a skin scent around 14+ hrs. Presentation and design is superb, just not a fan of the boxy shaped fragrance it can be hard to hold or grip when it comes to spraying the fragrance and it is a finger print magnet, but it does not take away value and how close the scent is to GIT even though I don't own a GIT. It a great buy and a must have if you don't own GIT and if your in a budget. L'Aventure Knight from the house of Al Haramain is a gem. My overall rating has slightly change from a 8.25 to 8.5 out of 10.

by Lapo
by Lapo
by BlackbirdHH
by BlackbirdHH
by Beni69
by Beni69

Popular Al Haramain

L'Aventure by Al Haramain Portfolio - Neroli Canvas by Al Haramain Leather Oudh by Al Haramain Amber Oud Tobacco Edition by Al Haramain Portfolio - Floral Sculpture by Al Haramain Black Oudh by Al Haramain Oudh 36 by Al Haramain Noora (Perfume Oil) by Al Haramain Portfolio - Royale Stallion by Al Haramain Amber Oud Gold Edition by Al Haramain Haneen (Perfume) by Al Haramain Safwa by Al Haramain Lamsa Gold by Al Haramain Excellent Men by Al Haramain Angel by Al Haramain Amira Gold by Al Haramain Étoiles Silver by Al Haramain Junoon by Al Haramain Haramain Forever / For Ever by Al Haramain Oudh 36 Nuit by Al Haramain