Very helpful Review7
Mountain Water in pocket size and for pocket change
There is not much to say about this fragrance. It's a damn close scent to Creed Silver Mountain Water with totally linear development, half the longevity, half the sillage and 1/75th of the price.
The scent - Heavy on citrus and musk, overall a more than acceptable scent that smells way more expensive than what it costs. Is it harsh scent? Yes it is but your nose will get used to it in 3 minutes and 95% of the people will not even ever notice it.
When? - safe enough to use on a daily basis provided it's not cold, and why not in the office? Just keep the handy small bottle in your pocket and respray every 3~4 hours. You will hear compliments for sure. I did it (only once).
The name - If someone asks you what are you wearing, just answer Al Rehab Silver. It sounds ok and 95% of the people will think it is a new fancy perfume. The other 5% will think you are a "smart" guy.
Do I use it? - Yes I do use it from time to time and I have allways a backup in my drawer. It smels nice, the bottle size is pocket handy and costs as much as an expresso. Of course I do reapply a lot but for that cost, who cares?
And why? I hate to fill up and maintain a decant to carry with me. One of this Al Rehab bottles is almost the size of a decant and lasts at least for a week with continuous usage.
You loose the bottle? No big deal. For its cost, who cares?
And where? Well, as I said you may use it on a daily basis or even in the office. I know a handful of people who do that with Al Rehab scents like Silver, Choco Musk or Soft for example. Actually it's not my case although I did it once in the office and I received as many compliments as when using L'Aventure (just to mention a good quality Creed Aventus look alike).
I use it at the beach! Al Rehab Silver layers quite well with dried salty water and sun lotion. Its scent becomes really similar to Al Wisam Day from Rasasi which is quite expensive, and it's a scent I prefer to Siver Mountain Water. Whenever I go to the beach for a weekend or even a full week I allways carry a Silver tiny bottle with me,
Believe me. It's worth trying it.
And how Silver is this Al Rehab Mountain Water?
Scent Opening: 6.5 (my judgement; average opening, a bit heavy and harsh but pleasant)
Scent Dry Down: 7.25 (my judgement; it gets better when the harshness is gone)
Longevity: 4.0 (with 2 good sprays it may last up to 3~4 hours; One hour more when mixed with salt and sun lotion)
Sillage: 4.0 (less than 3 feet at its peak with 2 sprays; projects for less than one hour and becomes a skin scent after the 2nd hour; One third more performance when mixed with salt and sun lotion)
Uniqueness: 4.0 (Similar to a douzain of Creed Silver Mountain Water clones; it's unique in price only)
Wearability: 7.0 (It's mainly a day scent but avoid to use it in the Winter)
Versatility: 8.0 (Almost an "all around" versatile fragrance; Great for the beach and the Gymn)
Compliments: 7.5 (An above average pleaser; It will even get you unexpected compliments)
Quality: 6.0 (Under average quality, but quite high for the price; handy flask and acceptable sprayer)
Presentation: 2.5 (looks like a very cheap "stuff")
Price: 10.0 (30 ml for £ 2,5, a real bargain)
Overall rating: 6,07/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
I may recommend this fragrance as long as you keep your expectations really low. It costed me £ 2.50. It is at least on a pair with another cheap Creed SMW clone: Estiara White Stag. I never used the Estiara cologne. I bought it just for testing. Actually I gave away that bottle long ago. But the size, the scent and the performance of Al Rehab Silver allowed me to discover a specific use for this fragrance. And the price helps of course.