Arabian Horse by Alexandria Fragrances
Arabian Horse is a popular perfume by Alexandria Fragrances for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Cinnamon, Pepperwoodâ„¢, Osmanthus, Tobacco leaf, Frankincense, Cistus, Vanilla, Cedar, Vetiver, Patchouli, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.05.2020.

As Herod's best clone...
...Arabian Horse was described Herod was a fragrance that had been on my wish list for what felt like eternity. When I finally bought a bottle of Chergui, the nice staff of the perfumery added a few samples of allegedly related scents. Much to my delight also one from the legendary
No. 1 men's perfume Herod. No sooner sprayed was clear, we become friends. However, since I had recently acquired a rather expensive scent with Chergui, I wanted to look for a cheap Dupe for the time being. And there it was, Arabian Horse. I had had the brand "Alexandria Fragrances" on my screen for quite some time, because, if you could believe the reviews, it stands for very passable clones from top-class perfume houses. To save on shipping, I also bought a bottle of Tuscan King (I've also written a comment about it) and, if I was satisfied with both fragrances, I would test "Hawaii Volcano" and "Gourmond Kiss". When the parcel from the UK finally arrived (the shipping was very fast, by the way), my expectations were already very high, fuelled by various reviews on perfume and YouTube.

So to the fragrance: Arabian Horse starts very cinnamony. That's where I see the biggest differences to Herod, who in my eyes starts rather fruity and with lots of apple.
Rather Spicebomb Extreme comes to my mind, whereby this one comes along with much more spice and is much less soft After this Christmassy prelude, which by the way lasts quite long, a very pleasant sweetness is added. I clearly hear the tobacco and vanilla. Very similar to Herod, although Arabian Horse comes along a bit softer (if this is still possible). He now maintains this interplay for the time being, until AH finally fades away with vanilla and patchouli.

The shelf life is certainly around 6 to 7 hours, even if I do not notice it myself after a short time. However, after about 4 hours it was still confirmed to me that the scent was still clearly present. There was already a compliment for it when I first wore it, which is rather seldom the case when I test new perfumes. So much for the Sillage, and how one is always surprised. In general, I find it difficult to estimate the actual power with which a perfume radiates itself. Basically, you have to orientate yourself on the reactions of your surroundings, or spray someone with whom you will be surrounded for the next few hours (attention: better not to meet a complete stranger on the street, who you will then be on your heels for half the day).

Arabian Horse is basically portable for everyone. The scent DNA is very accessible and unobtrusive, stands out (according to his relationship to Herod) from the usual mainstream scents and is a self-contained composition without many rough edges. Its warm character makes it ideal for the cooler days. Therefore it also has a clear potential as an everyday scent, provided it is carefully dosed.

All in all it is an excellent fragrance. In how far one gets along with the concept of Dupes everyone has to decide for himself. For my part, I think it's very successful and the similarity to the great model is definitely there.
Also I would not exclude the possibility that one day I will get Herod again to test him more extensively. Until then Arabian Horse will serve me well in any case.

LG

Great fragrance
First of all, I do not know Herod and can therefore unfortunately not draw any comparison as to the extent to which this is a good copy. Actually not soooo the big fan of vanilla in men's perfumes, but here I was (again) taught a better lesson. Absolute masculinity already comes towards me directly after the application.
This is probably due to the strong cinnamon note mixed with the tobacco and apple, even if the latter note is not listed here, I could bet that at least in the top note a little apple is represented ;)

Shelf life is very good, but I only apply the fragrance on clothes, on the skin there is a strong discrepancy compared to clothes regarding shelf life. Sillage is the first 3 hours quite enormously afterwards a little closer to the skin, but even after 8 hours a small fragrance cloud comes up every now and then, very pleasant!
Reactions were without exception(!) positive to very positive my better half called this here not unjustly as cuddly scent ;)
Of the 7 rehearsals I have tried of Alexandria Fragrances so far this one is my favorite just before Royal Equestrian and The Run Way.
60ml bottle is already ordered and I think this will not be the last, I admit I have fallen in love a little :)

SmellGoodGuySmellGoodGuy 18 months ago
Just got this in & upon sampling it on my hand, I was so taken aback with a rich & dense tobacco & vanilla scent, it puts TF to shame,tbc...

Aus UK
Links aus USA, rechts aus UK
Aus den USA

Popular Alexandria Fragrances

Gourmand Kiss by Alexandria Fragrances Hawaii Volcano by Alexandria Fragrances Interplay Extrait by Alexandria Fragrances Tuscan King by Alexandria Fragrances Royal Equestrian by Alexandria Fragrances Anubis Kiss by Alexandria Fragrances Cacao Dreams by Alexandria Fragrances The Run Way by Alexandria Fragrances Hafez 1984 by Alexandria Fragrances Zion by Alexandria Fragrances Dark Knight by Alexandria Fragrances Key of Life by Alexandria Fragrances Apple Crumb by Alexandria Fragrances The God Father by Alexandria Fragrances No Apologies by Alexandria Fragrances Sunday Morning by Alexandria Fragrances Purpl3 H@ze by Alexandria Fragrances Solaris by Alexandria Fragrances Hacivaz by Alexandria Fragrances Chocolate Dream by Alexandria Fragrances