Sung by Alfred Sung
Bottle Design: Catherine Krunas, Pierre Dinand

Sung is a perfume by Alfred Sung for women and was released in 1986. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Revlon.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Galbanum, Hyacinth, Mandarin, Orange, Ylang-ylang, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Osmanthus
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Orange wood, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.07.2019

MichelangelaMichelangela 7 years ago

„About Sung”

„May I introduce?” His name is SUNG, Alfred Sung! ~ Been forgotten? Or ferment unknown? To believe hardly! ~ The presentation misleads about the contents. A graceful...
DarkMatterDarkMatter 5 years ago

„Dirty Lily!”

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Minigolf
Firecrackers in a violin case...
...seem to be exploding here. Small, tiny firecrackers. "Dippp"... "plipp"... "pling"...
fine, bright noises.
But as soon as it is opened, you can see that the strings strike themselves. Like a guitar. But this "music" does not fit to a violin. She needs a bow. So I take it out, grab the bow and start playing. In spirit. Because I never had this instrument in my hand myself.
But the scent "Sung". This one seems to swing after it starts with the just mentioned "firecrackers".
Now let's get all ordered from the front and the row after.
Fragrance start somewhat dull and slightly cacophonous. But it won't take long. Only in the first 30 seconds after leaving its bottle does the fragrance play a little clumsily and almost discordantly with the nose. But as soon as this has subsided, a wonderful melody comes to light that unites all the flowers of spring. He plays powerfully and harmoniously with the strings of the aromas. And their "bow" are the iris, the amber and the sandalwood. Soft and smooth tones eliciting. Bright and light.
Gradually some darker chords are added, slightly melancholic and earthy with vetiver and patchouli. But they get their beautiful suppleness by vanilla.
The entire melody is now masterfully elicited from the instrument, which is made of a special wood.
I don't want to think about the beginning anymore, because I am more than positively surprised....
4.0 7.0 8.0 5.5/10

A Taste Of The Past
This has such a vintage feel to it and it's one of my my Sung favorites. It's spicy, you can feel the oak moss, it's full bodied, the sandalwood, resin and ylang-ylang are bountiful. The mix of florals are well-done so that you smell a bouquet. The entire composition of the perfume is mixed so well it's almost difficult to pull out the individual notes and ascertain each accord. It just smells wonderful. This is perfect for the cooler weather of fall and winter, definitely when the snow is falling and you're in front of the fireplace. Spray lightly tho, this perfume grows heavier as the time passes. If you truly enjoy perfumes of decades past when they were quite heavy and didn't smell of fruits only, give this one a try.
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Guns n lilies
Sung is a special song sung by high pitched voices.
I was very surprised by its extreme freshness, which I adore in this particular case. It is almost severe in its bite..., and I can appreciate that in full techni-colour.
When you are up to face a scary situation, this friend will be a step ahead of you, preparing the subject for an elegant but lashing whip.
2.5 10.0 10.0 3.0/10

Dirty Lily!
I really wanted to like this '80s gem. I love powerhouse perfumes from that era, it reminds me of my teen years when I worse far too much perfume, hairspray and had gargantuan shoulder-pads!

Knowing that it was going to be a big fragrance I only applied one modest spray so that I could see how I liked it. I could always apply more later right? I was so sure that I would love it. The notes looked so right and there was nothing that jumped out at me from the list that scared me off.

I also wish I could give you a list of the different florals as they developed, as they played with each other. I can't, I'm very sorry. Initially I smelt lily of the valley. Now I love lily of the valley, in it's fresh soapy incarnation but here it was downright indolic, dirty and grimy, slightly urinous. I couldn't tell if it was the lily or another note that was giving this impression because on my skin Sung is a very linear perfume. The notes didn't develop, change or sparkle. The dirty lily just clung to my skin for the better part of 7 hours until it became more powdery, but still very dirty.

I want to appreciate it, but I can't. Sung seems so very dated. Perhaps if I still had huge hair and matching shoulder-pads, I would feel at home with it. Perhaps the original formulation back when it was released was more complex? I don't know. But for now, I safely assert to anyone who has the curiosity to try it, get hold of a sample before you buy to make sure it really is you.
10.0/10

About Sung
„May I introduce?”
His name is SUNG, Alfred Sung!
~
Been forgotten? Or ferment unknown? To believe hardly!
~
The presentation misleads about the contents. A graceful simple flask which allows to expect a rather androgynous classical-sporty smell, maybe also a harsh Chypre...

I spray to me something on the back of the hand and a hurricane of most delightfully fresh flowers, hard, immensely floods me a wave, no, rather it, wholehearted and absolutely unsweet. The lemon marks underline the flower drunkenness and give him a light green flair.
This is a bomb! An explosion, a nasal orgasm! I am completely overpowered.
This immense flood already stops some minutes and I imagine that I should be maybe a little more economically with the dosage not to kill my dear sphere with it. However, thus as every passionate storm ends once, this smell also finds his quiet pole and slips slowly in a creamy bed to pause there still long as an expressive companion.
The smell is elegant and very expressive, absolutely passionate female.
Silage: terrifically
Durability: excellently
Result:
This smell is no shy little flower waters, but an absolutely successful Powerscent of the early 80th. I would never have expected behind this simple flask such a wonderful flower power which lies down so quite unsweet, even a little green on the skin of her bearer.
Thus I am over the moon to have bought him by chance and blind!!
True flower fans should on no account miss this smell....

by Augenweide
by Augenweide

Popular Alfred Sung

Sung Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Alfred Sung Sung by Alfred Sung Pure by Alfred Sung Hei (Eau de Toilette) by Alfred Sung Shi by Alfred Sung Jewel by Alfred Sung Paradise for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Alfred Sung Always by Alfred Sung Paradise for Women by Alfred Sung E•N•C•O•R•E (Eau de Parfum) by Alfred Sung Sha by Alfred Sung Bai by Alfred Sung Bijou by Alfred Sung Pure Moment by Alfred Sung Sung Spa by Alfred Sung Forever by Alfred Sung Joya by Alfred Sung Sung Day Mist by Alfred Sung Mei by Alfred Sung Sung Homme (After Shave) by Alfred Sung