L'Encens à la Vanille

L'Encens à la Vanille by Alkemia
L'Encens à la Vanille is a perfume by Alkemia for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
AmberAmber
FrankincenseFrankincense
Incense materialIncense material
SpicesSpices
No ratings yet.
Submitted by Pipette, last update on 18.05.2019.

Pipette
Generic ? No, better than that.
I don't remember how long I have already this innocent little oil of the Alkemia collection. Somehow it got lost in the drawer with other samples. It is a 5 ml bottle, however.

So not having anything better to do, I dug around and put some on. Wow, this incense/vanilla mix really smells good. It has that typical oil smell which is more clinging than the alcohol based spray perfumes. Thus it warms up, especially at the pulse points.

Right now I am wearing this pleasant composition alone ... but I have plans to use it as a layering base for I don't know how many vanilla scents in my collection. It is like getting dressed, first the basics and then the accessories.

While typing. little clouds of incense are wafting up ... and when I press my nose closer to the inner elbow, this tincture is not disagreeable like some perfumes are, Shem-el-Nessim for example, which smells fine in a sillage radius but not so when up close directly on the skin.

The vanilla note in this oil is slightly sweet but not overdone. I am surprised that such a rather inexpensive oil can perform so nicely, at least to my nose. And that nose has sniffed plenty.

So, let's see whether any compliments follow, and that will be the ultimate proof.

Popular Alkemia

Smoke & Mirrors by Alkemia Arabesque by Alkemia Miel de Sauvage et Tabac by Alkemia Hippie Spirit / Hippie Gypsy by Alkemia Falling Stars on Winter Solstice by Alkemia Midnight Garden by Alkemia As Dark Things Are Meant to be Loved by Alkemia Forest Patchouli by Alkemia Ex Libris Anima by Alkemia Bois d'Ambre by Alkemia Hearthstone by Alkemia A Roll in the Hay by Alkemia The Academy of Pleasure by Alkemia Trick or Treat by Alkemia Moroccan Tea by Alkemia Ýdalir by Alkemia Gothique by Alkemia The Libertine by Alkemia Absinthe and Laudanum in the Afternoon by Alkemia Arcanum by Alkemia