Essence de Patchouli (2009) Eau de Parfum

Essence de Patchouli (Eau de Parfum) by Alyssa Ashley

Essence de Patchouli (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Alyssa Ashley for women and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-oriental. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGeranium, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris root
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Gaiac wood, Virginia cedar, Coumarin, French labdanum, Vanilla, Musk

Submitted by Cassandra, last update on 01.05.2019

DarkbeatDarkbeat 27 days ago

„For me, a unisex perfume.”

TinctureallTinctureall 5 years ago

„Vanilla/Patch combo”

6.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Helpful Review
For me, a unisex perfume.
I do not know what relationship there will be between Alyssa Ashley and Perris Monte Carlo, but there are already four perfumes I know of Alyssa Ashley, identical to those of Perris Monte Carlo. This in particular, is almost a copy of Essence de Patchouli by Perris Monte Carlo, and at a price 4 times lower, Ambre Gris is almost the same between both houses, Oud pour Lui is almost equal to Oud Imperial and Oud pour Elle is the same Bois d'oud, I would be missing to know if Musk Extreme follows this pattern, but seeing his notes gives me that yes, in addition, all Alyssa Ashley are older than Perris Monte Carlo, so I do not know who copies to who, yourselves ...

In the beginning I feel a sweet background vanilla, slightly medicated, where they dance in unison a rose and a geranium very well balanced, together with a patch of very light patchouli. Little by little the patchouli becomes something more remarkable, feeling that mentholated and woody character, and all this, on a lap of very powdered vanilla, with an air that reminds me of the iris. From here, the woods and the labdanus are responsible for entertaining a powdery, slightly mentholated, woody patchouli that rests on a sweet cream of vanilla, musk and precious woods. Despite being called Patchouli's Essence, patchouli is not as blunt as might be expected, it is very well balanced with the other notes, and the result is a woody, powdered and sweet perfume, but not like today's gooey gourmand, but, rather, an adult sweetness, elegant and refined, formal and sober, but with a young and carefree soul. I liked a lot.

The performance is very good, reaching to exceed 8 hours on my skin, at first with a strong wake, heavy, I would say, but soon it drops to moderate and so it stays until you die at the skin.

Perfume of cool and temperate climates and to dress it during the night, although in the cool winter mornings it would not be out of place, but this is already the consumer's decision.

Perfume, highly recommended, good performance and even better price.
5.0 7.0 6.0 7.5/10

Cocoon fragrance
Soft and warm as a cachemire pull , it's a cocoon fragrance easy to wear expecially in the cold season. The patchouli notes aren't too strong and "earthy" and the labdanum gives the touch of mistery to the base of this fragrance. The result is a feminin and balanced warm acchord not heavy .The vanilla notes are only suggested (this is the result on me, of course!).
It lasts for a few hours but if you spray it on the clothes the longevity is better.The price too is quite affordable.
I recommend it as a daily or leisure winter scent.
3.0/10

Vanilla/Patch combo
I have just sprayed it on to smell for an enquiry, and it is a strong vanilla/patchouli combo. the rose is not evident initially but rests in a catty geranium sort of way behind the slightly muddy patchouli. It has a plastic vibe on me which I find a little disturbing. It smells like a new plastic doll with a mucky vibe like damp earth. I tend to bring out the darker notes and kill florals in any perfume on my skin, so maybe it would smell much more floral on another skin. It isn't a perfume I would wear as it just doesn't suit me. I smell overwhelmingly and very strongly of plasticine wearing this. Not unpleasant, just weird. Definitely try before you buy. I can imagine this could smell very nice on another who's skin brought out the floral side of fragrances. It ranks as fairly sweet initially but then calms down into a fairly predictable vanillin woody floral with a dirty twist of a plastic plant. The florals are there but not evident. They are trying to match the strength of the base notes but are not winning. I would have liked to see a lighter hand used for these. This has incredible potential but didn't reach it IMO. The balance needs revisiting by the perfumer.

Just for reference it bears absolutely no resemblance at all to the original Patchouli by Houbigant.

Popular Alyssa Ashley

Musk (Eau de Toilette) by Alyssa Ashley Ambre Gris (Eau de Parfum) by Alyssa Ashley Essence de Patchouli (Eau de Parfum) by Alyssa Ashley Oud pour Elle by Alyssa Ashley White Musk (Eau de Parfum) by Alyssa Ashley Cocovanilla (Eau de Toilette) by Alyssa Ashley Oud pour Lui by Alyssa Ashley Vanilla (Eau Parfumée) by Alyssa Ashley Esoteric (Eau de Parfum) by Alyssa Ashley Essence de Patchouli (Eau Parfumée) by Alyssa Ashley Fizzy (Eau de Toilette) by Alyssa Ashley Green Tea Essence (Eau de Toilette) by Alyssa Ashley Ocean Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Alyssa Ashley Musk Extrême (Eau de Parfum) by Alyssa Ashley Ambre Gris (Eau Parfumée) by Alyssa Ashley Green Tea Essence (Eau Parfumée) by Alyssa Ashley Hip Hop - B-Boy by Alyssa Ashley White Musk (Eau Parfumée) by Alyssa Ashley Purple Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Alyssa Ashley Ocean Blue (Eau Parfumée) by Alyssa Ashley