Amanda by Amanda Lepore

Controversially Rated Bottle

Amanda is a perfume by Amanda Lepore for women and was released in 2008. The scent is powdery-fresh. It was last marketed by Artware Editions.

Top Notes Top NotesChampagne, Strawberry, Cucumber, Mandarin, Citrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, Tuberose absolute, Violet, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Orris root, Blond woods, Lipstick

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 30.04.2020.

5000 bottles have been made. 125 ml cost $550.

Franfan20
The powder puff on the vanity table of decadence
I didn't know quite exactly how to start this review since a few impressions come to mind when stumbling over this fragrance. First you got the advertiser of the scent, Amanda Lepore. I don't want to say my personal thoughts about the person since I want to review the fragrance for you without prejudices. Then there's the bottle - yes, it looks like a disco ball, but could be something else as well. To me it looks like the flaconisation of Ms. Lepore's breast implants, unnatural and surreal in shape, therefore striking and prominent. OK, I said something still, but end that for now. A look at the pyramid raises my curiosity. Strawberries, cucumber, champagne, the beloved tuberose and finally the so-called lipstick-accord - unusual, interesting, I want to smell it.

So let's just dive in into the world of eccentricity, decandence and bizarreness.
The opening is a mix of bubbly champagne, fruity strawberries and refreshing cucumber. An opening that couldn't be more bizarre than that. Fruity sweetness paired with vitalizing freshness and effervescent luxury. It seems to be Amanda Lepore's philosophy of life for sure. After the opening settles down there's a change to the scent that surprises me a lot. I smell something very hard to describe. It's somehow powdery, partly synthetic, yet seemingly oily, almost floury. It has to be the lipstick-accord I'm smelling and I wonder a lot about me liking it because I never thought I would like the smell of lipstick, let alone I never thought the essence could be captured in a scent. The lipstick leaves a permanent trace on my skin and nose. The grand finale is openend by one of the most beautiful creatures of the night, the tuberose. Her aromatic & sweet scent is enhanced by a layer of powder deluxe. Together with violet and orris root (in fact the specially created orriniff-molecule) the tuberose pollinates everything as if pollen trickles down continuously. I feel like I'm permanently processed with a powder puff, but very softly and not overpowering as tuberose can be for some. Additionally I'm still refreshed anew from time to time by the cucumber that's coming back like a beauty mask to lay down on your skin and moisten it.
This is truly no common scent, but I like it quite a lot. It's exactly the type of scent I like. The lasting power is acceptable and one may attract attention for sure. I assume not many people have smelled something like this before.

So what is "Amanda" after all? Is it the barenaked truth that's delivere here? Amanda Lepore without make-up despite make-up notes and associations? I can't really believe it. I would rather call it an artificial entity of aspects of her life. We have elements of luxury and frivolaty with champagne and strawberries. We have decadance and overexaggeration of the glamour lifestyle with the tuberose. From lipstick, violet and orris root/orriniff we get some sort of facade that needs to be deposited. And the cucumber offers the soft core that needs to be discovered. Different ascepts are in this fragrance. Definetely the eccentricity and bizarreness that Amanda Lepore stands for in place of a bunch of people from the superrich. But there is also the already mentioned human, blunt side - the purity, the vulnerable inside. The fragrance is a winner to me because it once again unites components that seem to be contradictory and expresses itself totally different to the advertisement. But since it's a limited product with a very high price ($550 = 500 €) and a breast implant-like looking bottle that even has crystals on it, I wouldn't buy this. I would like to suggest the production company to sell it regularly in fewer amounts for a more profitable price and nicer packaging and I would purchase right away - despite the advertising face that just doesn't appeal to me.