Beach Hut Man (2017)

Beach Hut Man by Amouage

Beach Hut Man is a perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2017. The scent is green-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Elise Bénat

Top Notes Top NotesMint, Orange blossom, Galbanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesVetiver, Moss, Ivy
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Myrrh, Dry woods

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 04.04.2020.

The scent is part of the „The Midnight Flower“ collection.

9.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

MInt, Mint and more Mint
Notes: Mint, Orange Blossom, Galbanum, Vetiver, Moss, Ivy, Patchouli, Myrrh and Dry Woods

Beach Hut Man is a Mint dominant fragrance. This is the only Amouage fragrance which doesn't suit me. This is my 3rd wearing from the decant I own and every time the wear this I start to sneeze, the scent itself is gorgeous and this lasts a very long time on my skin but just can't bear the Mint note. For people who enjoy this it has an amazing projection and perfect for the hot weather.

GewoonBB
Beach Hut Man (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• AMOUAGE BEACH HUT MAN •

This sample was added to my list, just based on the name. I expected it to be an aquatic, freshy type fragrance, but I was forewarned (by people that love Beach Hut) that this was a green fragrance. As someone who's not a fan of most green fragrances, I didn't have high hopes, but trying never hurts.

And green it is. I instantly knew I wouldn't 'like' this fragrance, as in something that I would wear myself. On the other hand, I could also quickly see the beauty in the composition and I can see how this is a gem to quite a few people. Despite not being my taste, the opening was quite nice to me. There's a healthy dose of orange (blossom) and smelled up close it was almost tart to the point of lemon. There's also a refreshing mint note, which doesn't smell like mint leaves as far as I could tell, but rather like toothpaste. Other than that, it's green and slightly woody all the way (ivy, galbanum, moss, vetiver). Some people said this does remind them of a beach or ocean view, but I can't make that connection at all. This is more akin to cutting plants in the garden, with natural smelling greens and a slight earthy base. To me the texture bounces from being quite ozonic to being more resinous, which comes from juice of cut plant stems that it reminds me of. As far as comparisons, it's different from anything that I've tried so far, but it definitely comes closest to Amouage's Opus II.

Performance is amazing, especially considering how fresh the scent is. The citrus fades away quickly, but the mint lingers for a long time. After a full day of wearing, there's still a slightly spicy skin scent that will last you through the morning. Clearly, this isn't for me, but it's not offensive either. I think this is a great option for people who can deal with green fragrances more easily, if you want something more unique and special for warmer weather. I wouldn't limit this to warm weather per se though, it's quite versatile in my opinion •
9.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Walker
Excursion to the mint garden
To be honest, this fragrance doesn't necessarily put me on a beach - or in a beach hut. I rather have the impression that I am sitting in a large mint bush in a hippie garden. After some time (about 45min. - 1h in my case) the mint recedes and out of the fresh one something grows that I would describe as mystical (hence the hippie connotation). The fragrance is woody and spicy.
The performance is really excellent for a fresh fragrance, with me 8h+ and it never seems too obtrusive or penetrating. However, I have to admit that due to my age (27) I wouldn't buy a whole bottle. Maybe once in 5 years... I like Beach Hut in any case really well, even if I can't quite feel the theme, but it doesn't seem to be just for me.
8.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Sandy mouth rinse
"Beach Hut Man" is an Amouage the world hasn't smelled yet. A divider before the Lord, where I can understand anyone he pushes hard against. But I like it better from minute to minute, from day to day, from test to test. Especially after a shower, when only his base is there. Then this is already a holiday dream of the highest quality. Before that, it is often a cacophony, through whose jumble one must patiently feel one's way. But a very interesting one that kept me happy and that I never wanted to give up... good thing I didn't!

BHM is not North Sea, not Côte D'Azur, not Dubai and not Hawaii, not South Africa or Australia - you won't find this beach on this planet. Perhaps he can be found in a distant galaxy, which would explain his very special nature. Refreshing ivy, hot sand, tickling meadow under your feet. The air is dry, the dunes glow green. A classical vibe greets and sometimes it doesn't know where to go and what it wants to be. But fortunately he never ran completely off track for me. Masculine and scratchy, in a kind of playful, positive way. Chaos that appeals to me. Too bad I clearly belong to a minority that feels the perfumer's vision. But an empty beach is much nicer anyway... or did you run away because I smell so bad?

Flacon: easy to confuse with the Sunshine Man
Sillage: loose and light is different, Amouage however still "other"
Shelf life: I was allowed to explore for 6-8 hours, wonder and let the ever improving fragrance take effect

Conclusion: Ferns, sun, Fougere, reed and fresh breath - "Beach Hut Man" is a lot, only no Amouage. Which isn't bad at all, though. Amouage may, can, should also experiment. Not easy, not always pleasant, but, with a little patience, a successful experiment. For a summer like no other. Bilious and dry. A pure theme scent and crossfire!
8.0 5.0 10.0 5.0/10

Hmm, Beach Hut or Menthol Man
I love some Amouage fragrances and usually in most of them I can see a lineage and consistent quality whether i like the smell or not. This is my review of Beach Hut Man, hope you enjoy.

Flames2
not a regular beach hut vibe
when i first tried this one in a store it did smell fresh and a touch fougere but having spent more time with it found that it starts off fresh mint and the green of the ivy coming through with a slight fougere aroma as the fragrance moves into the mid and base it changes to a more 80s 90s powerhouse like kouros yes when someone said kouros online i thought no way but yes it really does change to a kinda kouros smell but with a green ivy back ground its really nice prob 30+ aged guys scent and would work most seasons except really cold or really hot temps
10.0 9.0 8.0 8.0/10

Pietros921
I liked this one ! ( in general )
I tried this after being suggested by the shop assistant and I did not hesitate to show my wirst and spray it directly on my skin.

We have been talking and talking and the fragrance was pushing very strong leaving a strong solid woody salty vibe which remembers me of Sel Marine because is something very close to being nice but has a strange smell in it.
Soon the woody element becomes harsh like The smell of those benches of wood used to carry products for the stores and the supermarket, very dirty crunchy wood and not smooth at all.
But the performance by the way makes you soon understand the quality of this juice which is finally an Amouage again after the last reformulations of the world most famous ones.

I left on my skin solid 6 hours, but very solid hours, was a real pleasure and always there present and never getting too much close to the skin.

The drydown is better. More pleasant, more mossy and warm with a light patchouly.

Overall might be a mature scent but has a minty touch that keeps it a neutral fragrance, therefore not easy to fall in love with.

I believe that this fragrance is unique and might appeal someone who wants something unique and easy to wear for himself but if you are just looking for a fragrance of character then You will find in this one at least one thing which you would change.

Me personally I am intrigued and attracted by this negative aspect and I might consider buying a bottle.

by Fedaie
by Zirkon
by Drakecito
by Drakecito

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Bracken Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage