Beach Hut Man 2017

Beach Hut Man by Amouage
Beach Hut Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2017. The scent is green-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Elise Bénat

IvyIvy
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
MyrrhMyrrh
Dry woodsDry woods

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 09.10.2021.

The scent is part of the „The Midnight Flower“ collection.

مهرجان خريف صلالة - Mihraǧān ḫarīf Ṣalāla or simply Charif
I think we can all agree that the naming of this potent masterpiece from Oman is completely misleading and poorly chosen. In fairness, however, it must be admitted that grumbling is always easy, whereas a better suggestion of a more appropriate name is not. After a bit of thought and some research, a more appropriate name did come to mind.

مهرجان خريف صلالة - Mihraǧān ḫarīf Ṣalāla or just Charif.

If you look a little deeper into the house of Amouage, you come across their motto of using only raw materials from Oman fairly quickly. Upon further, brief research, I came across a natural phenomenon that occurs annually around the coastal town of Salala - the Asian Southwest Monsoon Kharif. As the rain pours down on the craggy limestone in this region, it ensures that the vegetation around Salala and on the slopes of the Qara Mountains blossoms once a year, dressing everything in a robe of green.

Okay, but now where is the parallel with Beach Hut Man!!! For this it is necessary to turn the fragrance pyramid once upside down. In the now reversed order now come first of all dry, resinous and especially oriental ingredients in the form of woods, myrrh and patchouli, which represent the parched lands before the monsoon. On this dry base now fall the first raindrops and let a dense, green layer of moses, grasses and ivy grow, from which in turn rise delicate mint stems, orange blossoms and yellow umbels of galbanum.

With this association in mind, I think Beach Hut Man for an absolutely successful candidate from the house of Amouage and can not quite share the meager rating here. However, I can understand that the very dry mint in combination with the very present ivy is not everyone's cup of tea. It does not have to! ;)

Lavender, oak moss and coumarin one looks here in vain, however, resonate for my nose here clear Fougere vibes, which make me think of an oriental barber in the center of Salala.

All in all, Amouages Beach Hut Man is a beautiful, green-fresh and masculine fragrance, which thrilled me since the first sniff.
SkipToMyLou
Straw hut meets sauna hut on the beach
On the way through the narrow beach paths past the parched bushes towards the cottage.

When spraying on I perceive a very strong straw-like note. The mint very subtle in the background. A very complex rounded fragrance DNA.

Subsequently, light resinous note paired with green nuances.

Best described with a light sauna infusion note in the straw hut :D

There is dry weathered driftwood lying around in front of the hut on the beach a few years ago. The air around the hut smells of dry wood.

A nice carefree mild tempered evening on the beach.
A scent actually melds with my imagination.

Appropriate name for this perfume.

An Amouage with pronounced long shelf life and strong sillage.

Summer sweet mint
Best green smell I know. How they casually encapsulated the mint is incredible. At the same time, it's a little sweet, but quite clearly summery. Summer outdoors, beach, vacation. I think it's unique, original, that leaves anything like that far behind.

Powerhouse Man
To be fair and transparant, I have to admit I had low expectations testing this one. I thought: who would ever call a perfume a beach hut? Other than some sailors and pirates, I figured Amouge, in the end, is the type of house to come out with such naming.

However, my low expectations led me to a pleasant surprise: this was actually really nice and pleasant! Lesson learned I guess...

It opens up fresh and green with galbanum, orange blossom and mint. The latter stays in the heart of the fragrance during its entire life span. Oakmoss, ivy and vetiver provide Beach Hut Man a aromatic base which lies underneath the mint. The back bone is formed by woody notes.

In a nutch shell, Beach Hut Man is a very minty, refreshing, green and slightly woody fragrance.

The name, in my opinion, doesn't reflect what you get. It isn't an acquatic perfume, nor refreshing with bright citrus notes like bargamot or lemon. Its a rather green beach with a field of grass nearby. I could call it foresty but not a typical humid forest, rather a dry one.

If you like to go to those kind of vacation destinations, I would highly recommend you giving this one a wear since perfume can take us on vacation while staying in our home sofa.

Picasso in a bottle !!
Wauw!!!! Fresh minth opening with that hint of fougere (Vetiver/moss?)
But Thats Just the beginning! This masterpiece is all about the drydown, dry woods layering all around you on a summer day. The only Beachhut i can relate is in my dreams when I’m on holiday in South America.
Absolutely stunning artwork in a bottle. I would have called it something like “platinum cologne” or something instead of Beachhut but this one is a must in everybody’s collection !!!

Nice but loud fougère
My batch code is A25301C158.
This is a loud & brash, but glorious fougère. I find it mostly masculine.
I cannot break out the individual notes but it's botanical, woody and mossy.

I do like this a lot but I don't see this as one you'll get many complements for - you'll definitely get noticed but more out of interest than enjoyment...

It lasts for hours and hours and has strong projection for the first couple of hours. If you move into heat, it'll come back strong... On clothes it'll lasts for days...

Be careful of overspaying expecially on clothes as the combination of its strength and duration can be cloying after a few hours... (sometimes it's a good thing that strong scents fade away)

Giles
My go to fragrance in hot weather
This is a very manly summer fragrance. I find it hard to find summer fragrances that last in the hot weather but this just lasts and lasts. The name can be confusing, to me it is not a beach hut on a tropical beach on a hot day but rather on Brighton beach (UK) in autumn. This scent cools me down and you will certainly be noticed by it's projection. I wear this during the day and Amouage Sunshine during the evening. A must have summer fragrance.

Happy Memories
This amouage wowed me straight away when I sprayed it.
Just smells like happiness to me, very green and refreshing but with nuances of incense and milkiness.

It smells familiar to me somewhat, and when my brain searched for it, I realized that this smells VERY MUCH like burberry London to me. for some strange reason. I wore London a lot when I was a 9th grade kid and this fragrance definitely brings back good memories.

If you don't like mint, fear not.
I hate toothpaste like mint note. But BH man's mint is not like that, it's a VERY charming and natural smelling lemony mint note.

Highly recommend for hot weather and just days where you want to feel happy
Nordique
Come good thing wants to have time advice, or: Why caution is the elephant on the mother in the china shop
Idioms and proverbs have never been among my strengths, which can generally be considered manageable.
In the eighth grade, my German essay - subjectively written with a lot of hard work and dedication - on the well-known proverb "Es ist nicht alles Gold was glänzen" (It's not all gold that shines) was given a 4, because although I described in great detail the page-long, wonderfully self-imagined odyssey of a gold digger who was disappointed at the end (he followed a shimmering in the darkness for days and days, which turned out to be a reflective lens - blitz!), but unfortunately had taken the meaning of this proverb, which is actually to be grasped in a metaphorical way, all too literally.

I had a similar experience - and now, dear Mrs. Arnold, in the end, a sensible transfer is being made! - with Amouage's community average beach hut hammer After the agonizingly long, yet recent discovery of my favourite representative of this fragrance house (see commentary on "Honour Man" - like, subscribe, leave a subscription, Thumbs up, from 20,000 Likes on I give away iPads and puppies*), I succeeded in keeping all expectations for this comparatively poorly rated colleague in a healthy balance before the olfactory test run.

However, as is so often the case, I could not free myself from evoked images that could be traced back to the name alone: beach, sea, Caribbean, Southeast Asia, "summer, sun, cactus - playing featherball on the beach - blue sky, good mood and a beautiful girl on your lap" (H. Schneider, 2013).
However, what followed after spraying did not even remotely fulfil any of these ideas. Well, blue sky and good mood definitely works here anyway. The beautiful girl certainly does too, but unfortunately my lady was at work at that time But: no aquatics, no salt, no (sun) cream, no pacific flower wreath. Instead, I was sitting freshly shaved in the middle of Europe, in the flat, green North Germany - and the scent fitted here absolutely perfectly! I was a little - maybe a little very - amazed. Greenish, even slightly chlorophyll-like, discreetly Scandinavian wood (read: minimal sauna resin) with a wonderful, distinctive spiciness. At the same time never too heavy, never slapping - and yet permanently present.
Admittedly: The prelude is amouagesque harsh and needs getting used to - but what follows after about ten minutes for hours (yes, maybe even days!) is an olfactory barber of the highest quality. And, compared to his - no doubt equally successful - two sister fragrances Bracken "Clove Bomber" Man and Sunshine Man, this is definitely the most wearable and beautiful fragrance in its class.

Beach Hut Man is a wonderful fragrance with a confused prelude - and absolutely disastrously misleading name. A misnomer in pure form. I don't want to offend the creative minds behind it, they will have thought of something, but how about ... hm, yes ... how about it?
Not so easy to find a suitable name. I hereby announce the Beach Hut Naming Contest! The winner gets a heart from me on the pinboard ;)

After all these years, the following is now clear to me:
It is not all beach hut, what Beach Hut means - but rather most wonderful fair weather fougère with shower survival potential (both in this case please interpret both as positive as possible - thank you)!
Give him time - get through the harsh start ... and you will receive (good) advice ;)

Thanks for reading and for your time! br />
P.S.: Why the elephant is called caution and why he stands on the nice porcelain lady, I unfortunately do not know either.

*Clickbait

النقاء و الانتعاش في زجاجه
امتلك هذا العطر..المعنى الحقيقي لنقاء المكونات يمثله هذا العطر..كما أنه منعش ربيعي صيفي .. أما التباث و الفوحان فحدث و لا حرج.. ذكوري بامتياز.. يستحق كل درهم يوضع فيه.. صباحي نهاري لا يناسب اوقات المساء.. من العطور القليله التي لن اتردد باقتناءها مره اخرى

QudahQudah 2 months ago
If you are new with amouage don't try this one, just a sharp mint lemon vetiver fragrance. Hard to wear>>>
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 3 months ago
Mint with some fougere-like herbs. I second the statement about barbershop, it's the smell of shaving cream, which is a bit disappointing.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
In the opening, a fresh and green mint, spicy and herbal fougère with some galbanum and vetiver. Aromatic, earthy-woody patchouli with myrrh
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
More bitter than chewing on fern leaves and to my nose much closer to a barber shop than a beach hut.

by Weskamouage
by MrNiceGuy
by MrC0rnells
by MrC0rnells

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Interlude 53 by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage