Beloved Woman (2012)

Beloved Woman by Amouage

Beloved Woman is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Bernard Ellena

Top Notes Top NotesClove blossom, Jasmine, Chamomile, Cardamom, Lavender, Clary sage, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin, Patchouli, Everlasting flower, Violet, Frankincense, Ylang-ylang, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Castoreum, Caramel, Leather, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Civet

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.11.2019.

8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Elegant for the lover?
Today I come again to an Amouage smell. Amouage fragrances are sometimes, in my opinion, a double-edged sword, or as they say. Because on the one hand there are many really great fragrances among them, on the other hand Amouage also offers fragrances that smell very much like 0815 fragrances, so that they absolutely do not do justice to the high price or one is surprised that the bottle says "Amouage" on it.

But that's not really different with other luxury brands, but it's a pity if a manufacturer who is known for a little luxury or quality "conjures up" such normal fragrances every now and then that you could have saved yourself... because you get similar fragrances for only a fraction of the money.

So... now comes the mistress! Hey hey, how that sounds again. First of all I can reassure you that the fragrance does not really belong under the category 0815 cheap fragrance, even if it is not soo extraordinary in itself. But it has become quite complex for me, because there are so many scents here that without a scent pyramid you would be totally lost to describe the scent. Especially when people like you Parfumas and Parfumos constantly force scribblers like me to provide you with new comments... Bah you're all mean! How can you ask me for a commi every day? D
So really...!

The fragrance:
The scent is slightly powdery at the beginning and I could swear that an iris smells here. In any case, the patchouli quickly takes effect afterwards, which makes the scent more earthy. Chamomile! Aaaah, now I understand, I sniffed out the camomile at the beginning, which I then thought was the iris, because the camomile is also a soft scent. After a few minutes it also becomes clearer, as the scent becomes less powdery and instead changes into creamy, well, a little like camomile cream! :)
It may seem like a contradiction, but although the fragrance is creamy and soft as described, it is a little dry on the other hand. By this I don't mean that the scent is dry and stuffy or something like that, but that it emits a scent like dry flowers that were dried outside in the heat and the sun, well, probably straw flowers just :D
One smells the resinous incense well, which fits well to the soft radiance of the fragrance. A little rose is present, but its scent quickly loses itself under all the other scents. The sweet one comes from the violets, and the horny one... he he... let's say the animal one from the beaver horny, which I perceive more strongly here, and which I could have done without, but fortunately the majority of the fragrance is quite good.
Be that as it may, a little later the fragrance smells resinous, slightly sweet and soft in itself, but also a little heavy, especially due to the earthy patchouli and the slightly sultry floral notes (well, sultry for me, as I always feel some flowers, you ladies will surely like it better :D). Therefore, the fragrance has a more mature, but also elegant charisma for me in the base.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is good, the smell radiates so much that one is good smelling due to a nice smell cloud.
The shelf life is Amouage-usual very laaaaange with more than twelve to fourteen hours, I think you could easily smell the fragrance on your skin the next morning with a lot of spray.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular with a slightly inflated front and back. The side walls were slightly pressed inwards. By the way, this bottle is transparent, so that you can see the scent liquid well. On the front you can also see the golden Amouage logo as usual, while the name of the fragrance is engraved on the gold-plated neck. The lid, which is also gold-plated, is onion-roofed and has a reddish Swarovski stone on its tip. As usual a beautiful and high quality bottle!

Hm, the scent was as indicated a little more difficult to describe, because here really many scents are not only listed, but they all actually work and are therefore smellable. Some of them, of course, less so and rather only finely hinted at than others. Anyway, the fragrance is really good and smells like most Amouage fragrances quite high quality and also persistent.

It is slightly more mature and therefore not suitable for the youngest. In my opinion it also comes across elegant, maybe not necessarily sexy, as some write here, but just elegant and looks like a night scent for upscale occasions, so do nothing with party, where the shreds fly :DD
I would put him more in the autumn because he is getting heavier and heavier, especially in the base. It can also be used on not too hot spring days.

Hmm, so... is that a scent a mistress wears? Hmm... What are you asking me? I don't know anything about that kind of thing To have a lover by definition, I would have to have a girlfriend first :DD
But don't worry, I wouldn't be the guy to cheat on his girlfriend anyway, whether you believe me or not! *sigh*

Soo, the fragrance is elegant as I said, smells high quality, even if it should not smell soo extremely special now (but everyone sees it differently!). You can definitely try the scent :)
6.0 8.0 9.0 7.0/10

Intense Floral Musk
A soft sweet opening of pinks and rose. Thick with musks, powder, lightly caramelised. The floral notes burn off quickly from my skin leaving an intense sweet animalic musk. It reminds me quite a bit of French Flowers by Fields of Bond Street (which I can't find to do a side by side comparison). I think it is the sweet powdery musks.

Poised to hit that 'gimmie, gimmie' button my son completely broke my bubble of happiness by asking if I could smell drains, and was the sink blocked again. With that sinking feeling that comes from knowing what the answer will be I asked, 'Do you think it might be this?' Of course it was.

Some people just don't like sweet animalic musk.

But I do.

Sigh!
10.0 7.5 10.0 8.0/10

Dolby
Scheherazade is living it large in Paris
A grown-up, lush, and opulent perfume.
Put Amouage aside.
You know this smells expensive.
I could have sworn there was a good dose of oak moss but none is listed in the note pyramid.
Hmm.
In any case, this comes across as a Rose Chypre to me.

It then softens and becomes sweeter and smokier, reminiscent of the rose fragranced tobacco served in sheesha pipes, you can indulge in at the terrace of North African cafes, whilst watching the world go by.
This is exotic, spicy, and rather moreish ... Or is that moorish?

The drydown, which lasts and lasts, turns Beloved into a classic of haute parfumerie with a vintage twist.
You would expect a chic and immaculately turned out middle-aged Parisian lady to wear this.

Hermesh 4 years ago
Slightly tart and rough grasses, behind which warm-spicy flowers (strawflower, less ylang, rose and chamomile) hide shyly.+1
9.0

.... Beloved Scent - - in würzig feinen Farben komponiert .... :))
by IrisNobile
by Hexana
by Hexana
by Pluto
by Pluto
by KatharinaG
by KatharinaG

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Ciel Woman by Amouage Gold Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Gold Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Fate Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage