Beloved Man (2013)

Beloved Man by Amouage

Beloved Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Grapefruit, Elemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Iris, Saffron
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Gaiac wood, Leather, Patchouli, Vetiver, Musk

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 09.09.2019

9.0 8.0 7.0 8.0/10

Sweet love
Beloved Man - by the way a great name for a perfume, who doesn't want to be loved? - starts very fruity-sweet and incredibly intense, you really have to be careful not to put on too much, the orange is freshly pressed into your nose. This can be a bit unpleasant when overdosed.

After a short time the orange starts to retreat and clears the way for a very sweet scent, which is not cheap, but very noble and dignified. It's not for younger gentlemen, but for an older audience. All in all a very balanced perfume, the ingredients harmonize perfectly, the base of patchouli, vetiver, saffron likes.

It also becomes more sedate and less intrusive over the hours, so that one is enveloped by a hint of oriental sweetness, which has no large corners and edges and should therefore please most people.

At this price you can expect a fragrance on this level, you won't be disappointed, but you won't fall into jubilation either, but that was probably the intention behind it.

It is not love, but a deeply connected friendship to beloved Man.
9.0 7.0 9.0 9.0/10

DufterMann
Not for Everybody? But definetly for me!
For a long time I have been racking my brains as to whether I should now dedicate a comment to the Beloved Man, or whether I should let it go, as many fragrances have been fiddled with, which I cannot remember from the smell in their original form. But especially those who are looking for a beautiful summer fragrance with a long shelf life, for whom a Sunshine Man might be too heavy and not refreshing enough, might find what they are looking for here.
As far as durability is concerned, we have a typical Amouage in front of us. Apply in the morning, go to work, take a shower afterwards, go shopping and then in the evening again with your nose to the sprayed area and it still hasn't warped. The Sillage doesn't play in the league of an Interlude or a Sunshine, but it's not a fragrance that's so quiet that you'll only be noticed on direct body contact.

Already in December I got myself a bottling of the fragrance and when I smelled myself blind through my collection, he always belonged to the best, the best. Last month the time had come and the bottling was drawing to a close. One last splash on your left hand and enjoy this wonderful loud sound again at the beginning. I feel as if I am entering a swimming pool, it is hot and it tickles my nose a little. Through the open roof windows one gets a fresh breeze in between, which cools the skin a little. From a little distance I perceive the scent of fine oranges, which with this light note develop into a very tasty, refreshing, summery scent. I can understand, however, that one does not like the garish, slightly tingling sound in the nose. But about an hour later it becomes calmer, sweeter, spicier and reminiscent of the Reflection Man. This could be the time when some people see parallels in the designer scent of Paco Rabanne, but the Beloved doesn't seem so monotonous and fresh to me. In general, I have the feeling that the perfumer who worked for Amouage wanted to achieve with this perfume a balancing act between niche and mainstream, which I think he did very well. Over the hours, the fragrance weakens more and more until the next morning you can only sniff a hint of this sweet-spicy fragrance. In any case, the perfume didn't let me go, so I finally bought it this month.

The fact that Beloved Man is not among the Top 10 Best Pantydropper Fragrances will either be due to its own top note or to the price, which with 171 Euro upwards certainly does not fit into every budget. He was worth every cent to me personally and I am happy to have discovered him quietly and secretly for myself. He's earned a permanent place in my collection.
9.0/10

Romantic
I love Amouage, by far my favorite house. People dislike this scent because they say it isn't "amouagey". Well, it might not be a heavy frankincense scent, but one thing is certain: this has the sophistacted touch of class than all Amouage fragrances have. Projection is moderate and longevity is awesome. This fragrance isn't mysterious, sexy or... it is simply romantic.
This is unmistakably an Amouage.

Pleasantly overpriced
Beloved Man opens as a pleasant sort of contemporary aromatic-fresh fougère, a woody scent with spicy-floral notes, a green accord (not listed, but I do smell something herbal, balsamic and pine-y). I also get something like a soft, smooth and subtle leather note underneath. The opening is fresh and vibrant, with a nice head accord of round and fruity citrus and bergamot notes (and elemi, which is basically only a generic candied feel), well blended with cedar and the aromatic, salty earthiness of vetiver. In the middle, violet, amber, spices (cloves, cumin), perhaps other flowers. Amber and violet above all provide a cozy sense of mellow warmth. As other Amouage scents, it has an “expensive-smelling” radiant brightness, and is surely pleasant and refined, although also quite a bit synthetic (not in a good way). Plus, nothing really original: again, like other fragrances by this brand, it shows a quite evident inspiration from several late 90’s/early 2000s masculine mainstream scents. Moving on from the opening, once the fresher side tones down, it becomes a darker woody-spicy scent which to me seems pointing towards a couple of “golden-era” Gucci scents. Notably, underneath Beloved Man I feel a sort of faded ghost of Gucci pour Homme I; just fresher, a bit more flashy, and with more Iso E Super, but the "spiced pencil sharpener" is quite totally there. For a while, the similarity smells quite clear to me, then on the very drydown Beloved takes a (slightly) different direction, becoming a bit more dry, herbal, with a more nostalgic and austere feel. Not bad for sure, so keep it and treasure it if someone gifts it to you; but nothing really new and surely unworthy the insane price.

6,5/10
10.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

The big Mistery of Oblivion
Well known brand name, qualitative ingredients, complex and delicate equilibrium - that means BELOVED MAN to me. Nothing else. And these are just merely words. This perfume tends to be unisex, and I still would insist to recommend it to gentlemen, and I have only one telling argument here: I donned it 4 times, and I still do not remember anything of it. BELOVED MAN disappears faster from my fragrance memory than I could exhale after sniffing. But I believe that I would remember the man who wear this.
10.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Drseid
Which Perfumer Really Created This?...
Beloved Man opens with gentle peppery elemi supported by a soft orange citrus undertone. As the fragrance enters the early heart a waxy iris joins the mix along with dirty cumin giving the overall heart a quite earthy spicy feel on the whole. As it reaches the late dry-down, Beloved Man exudes a relatively smooth saffron-laced spicy cedar vibe as the cumin and iris finally exit, replaced by a relatively clean musk and patchouli tandem. Projection is very good and longevity is just short of outstanding at about 12 hours on skin.

Beloved Man deftly channels many others fragrances old and new into the fold through its development while never quite approaching dangerous "clone" territory. It opens spicy from the get-go, and that theme holds for nearly all of the fragrance's development. Its heart phase with its dirty cumin spice and waxy iris duo is more than a bit similar to Cartier Declaration, and for a split second during this phase I thought Jean-Claude Ellena played an uncredited role, swapping with the credited Alexandra Carlin (not the Bernard Ellena incorrectly credited on the page). As the fragrance dries down late the Declaration vibe completely goes away as Beloved Man turns relatively woody, and my enjoyment and overall interest level increased substantially with the change. The bottom line is that Beloved Man is highly overpriced in relative terms at its $420 a 100ml bottle retail and breaks no new ground, but if you look past its minor deficiencies there is a very enjoyable composition hidden that borrows from many others (some good, some not) but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, earning a "very good" to "excellent" rating of 3.5 to 4 out of 5 stars. I can't recommend its purchase without reservation due to price, but I definitely enjoyed my time with Beloved Man.

Q8baggio 3 years ago

by Amirdoust
by OvidiuH
by OvidiuH

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Ciel Woman by Amouage Gold Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Gold Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Fate Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage