Bracken Man 2016

Bracken Man by Amouage
Bracken Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2016. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery.

Top Notes Top NotesLemonLemon BergamotBergamot CypressCypress Provençal lavenderProvençal lavender NutmegNutmeg CloveClove
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeraniumGeranium CinnamonCinnamon CedarwoodCedarwood SandalwoodSandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli MuskMusk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 06.05.2022.

The scent is part of the „The Midnight Flower“ collection.

What an opening
Oh what a lovely opening of a fragrance, the lemon and lavender along with the green cypress give the opening one of the best that I have ever smelt, if only that it lasted longer than 10 min...... Then the heart is filled with some nice spices to make this a very manly scent which is also good. But that opening ... if it only lasted this would be a perfect 10 in my books . But it's still nice... Another Amouage banger!!

Kyrabi
spice, spice, spice and again....spice!
Beautiful spicy fougere, which opens with a slap of cloves and nutmeg accompanied by cinnamon which tend to dominate the cypress, lavender and carnation creating a unique, extremely pleasant and masculine smell. The perfume is undoubtedly well made, beyond the so-called "chemicates" which are the norm even in "niche" perfumery, and you can still perceive a good quality of the ingredients used. It is very reminiscent of Gualtieri's Viride with the difference that Bracken is more complex, stronger and less linear while lasting less but ... to say that bracken is a chimicone and then praise the Gualtieran counterpart ... it's like declaring yourself vegan and having lunch at Mc Donald, an unprecedented contradiction since the perfumes of the Italian Alessandro are VERY chemical, much more than amouage probably and have almost no evolution remaining among the most linear of all (which I appreciate in some ways, mind you). Definitely? I like it a lot and I really enjoy using it; certainly not for everyone given the very spicy opening that not everyone can like.

Masculinity
Bracken Man offers us a charming, traditional old school fougere: spicy, fresh, zesty and woody. Its clean, well composed, lineair (which isnt always a bad thing) and, in the end, an unique alternative for fougeres lovers.

For reference: imagine going for a walk in a forest, one hour after a rainstorm. Under those types of circumstances our olfactive senses are indulged with that dewy, damp, sharp, itching, woody yet refreshing smell that keeps lingering in the forest during your whole walk.

I would call it masculinity at its finest. How would you?

Giles
Scottish Highlands on a wet day
This is so nice. Bracken is a good name although I’m not sure if it’s named for the reason I think it is. This is not unisex, this is a manly scent. I love wearing this on a sunny spring day it just works well in that climate. Very good longevity but not a massive projection which is fine by me. Spicy, herbal and musky. So different to Sunshine and Beach Hut also part of the same collection.
Between Two Ferns
Even if the previous comments on "Bracken" are all consistently very successful, there was now but for pretty much exactly a whole year no comment more, so I thought that I let the fragrance in the form of a review once new attention.

Rarely have I smelled a fragrance that smells so true to nature and authentic to a particular theme, here "fern". The name "Bracken" translated into German means, by the way, exactly that, so fern. Thereby I find the name for German ears a bit unfortunate chosen, because this always reminds me of "brackish water". But do not worry, so the fragrance has nothing to do.

Fern - so Barack Obama or even Charlize Theron may have felt, when they were between two ferns of Zach Galifianakis in the brazen cross-examination. For all those who do not know this quite successful interview comedy series, is recommended to look at once "Between Two Ferns" on YouTube
But now to the fragrance.
"Bracken Man" starts directly very fresh and directly "farn'ich". To whom this says nothing, can optionally imagine dry straw, this goes in a similar direction. Forest associations also come up with me. But not all forests are the same. The "Bracken" forest is not a dense, dark, wet forest, but rather a dry, light forest. I imagine a lake at a clearing with ferns growing on the shore. It may also have just rained, but not very hard, more like drizzle, and the raindrops are now condensing off the sunlit fern. In the Opening, the fragrance is thus very green and Fougère -artig.

So the fragrance then also remains about two hours before then a slight sweetness dazugesellt. This is certainly the cinnamon, which slowly fights its way to the front. Also, the fragrance becomes a little darker with time, a little heavier, earthier, certainly due to the patchouli. As if the sun now withdraws a little more and it begins to rain again. Now the smell of the damp forest floor also rises to the nose and complements the dry fern smell. Here the fragrance then reminds something of "Rain Wood".

After unfortunately already about 6-7 hours, the fragrance then sounds woody, but has a quite pleasant and perceptible sillage in the first two hours; after that it becomes relatively close to the skin. As a fougère, the fragrance naturally fits perfectly in spring or early summer, but it can certainly be worn well all year round. The fragrance is well suited for men over 30, because he comes along a bit classic, but this in a modern way, so that he can also wear younger.

The bottle is Amouage-typically an eye-catcher and comes across very high quality. The drawn fern on the bottle is not one of my favorite motifs, but of course fits perfectly to the fragrance.

Speaking of Amouage-typical. Many like to call the newer Amouage fragrances as not atypical for Amouage and tear the fragrance alone. Personally, I think it's good that Amouage is trying to develop itself further and is also going down daring paths. The theme of incense has been sufficiently served with Interlude, Jubilation, Epic and Journey Man. Even if I don't like all the new releases (I know quite a few Amouage by now), there are also great, successful newer fragrances from Amouage. And "Bracken Man" is for me clearly one of them, even if it is not at the top.
Benedikt2019
"In the woods there are things to think about that could lie in the moss for years" (Franz Kafka)
Rarely has a quotation been more suitable for creating a connection to a fragrance than the one above by Franz Kafka. At least there are at least three existential keywords for the "Bracken", which bring us closer to the fragrance: Forest, reflection, moss. Why I will explain in the following:

Forest: If you read the scent pyramid, you could quickly agree with the ratings, a spicy scent awaits you after pressing the spray button. Clearly, there are endless wild notes, but what they create is a forest covered with Kafka. The fragrance is extremely "green" for me and does its name justice, it smells exactly like ferns. Of course, once you have tested it several times, you can smell the individual components - especially cinnamon - increasingly better, but overall the impression remains that you are standing in the forest, maybe by a stream, with wild ferns growing alongside and the sun shining lightly through the foliage.

Moos: Yes, you have to admit that Kafka is right here, too, at least as far as a characteristic of Moss that some people find unpleasant: it smells slightly damp, stale, musty and a little sweaty and muggy. However, those who appreciate the mossy tones of a fragrance will be happy with "Bracken". As already announced, it gives a slightly moist, musty-mossy impression. However, it still keeps within limits enough for the freshness that is also present to get the upper hand. So we can confidently stay on our mossy-fern meadow by the stream and: Think!
Thinking: Yes, it is a beguilingly playful scent that invites you to dream. Whether it has to be for years, as Kafka demands, remains to be seen, but for a few hours certainly. If you find yourself in the described forest landscape during the entire wearing period and can hardly escape the strength of the scent. At least 14 hours it remains with just 2 sprays, my strongest from Amouage. The projection is phenomenal almost the whole time.

You very so with the "Bracken" you get a nice spring scent, which is again more artwork than usual scent. Just something for those special days. Just be careful with very hot temperatures, it might get too moosy and annoy everyone. You should also make sure that you buy it at a good price, otherwise it is outrageously expensive! Last but not least you have to take care that you keep the green forest and don't let it drift off into the cinnamon spice chaos.

Farewell!
FFL
Boy, don't dawdle like that....
... my mother always said - lovingly meant, not rushing - when she roamed through the forest to pick lilies of the valley. As a teenager, I helped her out sometimes. Not because I had to, but because I enjoyed watching the lily of the valley bouquet grow in my hand. But perhaps I had already (unconsciously) appreciated the soothing, decelerating effect of the smell of damp wood, rarely found lavender and - for this perfume - fern (Bracken)
Now, as an adult, I am especially grateful for everything that decelerates, earths and lets you breathe deeply. Here comes Bracken Man, whom I perceive as green-woody, just in time. And so sometimes I catch myself applying it in the evening after a long working day before I pour myself a glass of wine. For the office itself, this typical Fougère fragrance also works, but should be carefully dosed, because...

...unfortunately not everyone likes it. It is too "strict" for my wife and I have to admit that - especially in the top note - it is dominated by a very spicy carnation, which in my opinion fits better as an ingredient in a mulled wine than in a perfume. As soon as this note subsides, the fragrance becomes smoother and closer to the body, almost cosy (probably due to the patchouli).

As a target group I suspect men of a slightly more mature age who like green, clean barbershop fragrances. I estimate the shelf life at 6 to 8 hours.

This fern herb (flacon design fits perfectly, by the way) presents itself as an innovative (and not at all Amouage-typical) European evergreen scent, which can touch, but also inspire. Maybe I should go wander through the forest of my homeland again...

By the way, this is my first comment on this great platform; forgive me for not responding to some scents (which I just can't smell) due to lack of experience. My nose is still in training ;-)

Your Frankfurt Fragrance Lover (FFL)
Turbobean
A tailcoat at outlet price
It's a drama that oriental scents aren't for me. What a fertility this is! What a Sillage! What a shelf life! My favorites can't stink at all against that. I need 0.5 to 1.0 ml of my scents to get reasonably through the day. With this Amouage here only 0.15ml are necessary, so two sprayers, and everything smells all day long like a great mixture of 68er patchouli with noble lavender soap.

Bracken Man smells like a men's fragrance of the 80s. Hey Catch22 and DasguteLife and soul mates!! That's one for you! Wow, those were scented personalities back then. No IsoAmbrox stuff, no synthetic sweetness, but genuine, honest perfume trade with genuine, honest raw materials. Such one is also Bracken Man, although from 2016.

I am surprised that Habit Rouge is not mentioned here as a fragrance twin. It is also patchouli-embossed, and the heaviness of this fragrance is skillfully carried up by fresh, soapy notes. Oh yes: I can test elegance. One (n) is dressed like with a tail coat, which can be also times very beautiful. Just not in the office or in the subway.

About a month ago, his colleague Konsalik wrote a blog. "The rating problem." This is the dilemma I'm facing right now. I don't know how to evaluate the fragrance, because on the one hand it's a great composition with excellent performance, which, on the other hand, makes the fragrance a real bargain: two years of expressive and high quality fragrances for 150,- Euro. I think that's a good price. On the other hand, as much as I appreciate him, I would never wear him myself
A compromise assessment, let's say 7.5, would in no way do justice to the fragrance. He deserves at least 8.5, even though I don't use him.
From Zero to Hero
Well, what do you say to that now:)
I don't want to be too long!

First of all, I have to say that I am indeed an Amouagefan. Jubilation, Interlude, Memoir, but also Silver and Sunshine are high on my list. All the more pleased I was about the Brackenprobe...
As we all know, the summer was very hot!!! Ready, on my feet...& I wanted to test him!!!!
Said, sprayed, done...
Assaaber, what was that? The top note reminded me of my childhood! But not in anything good. It was a cough syrup I always had to take. Green, herbaceous, medical...

Well, you could have expected..., but like that??????

Uh-uh... but too late to shower again...

Hope dies last and fragrances develop...
Still in the bus I thought that the others were wondering who here the green botany radiates from Bobbes.

But then, when you arrive, greet friends and a "ohhhh"... "ahhh"..., you're good!
Could it be?
Me? The medical gardener on his way out?

He became beautifully spicy, oriental with classic Amouage DNA!

He shot himself into the upper league behind my back!

Shelf life with me with 10-12 hours definitely top!!!

Flacon! Already a chicer!!

Definitely a great Bracken!

Smellscent
Can Amouage be green to me...?
... so I thought to myself again and again while looking at the fragrance pyramids of this brand and was regularly deterred by the high brown, red, pink and orange parts. Well, I geb´ yes to, oriental, leathery, sweet, powdery, gourmand spice bombs with overlong life and projection are just not my thing and therefore long the attitude: Amouage, no thank you!
So far, so good, the theory...
Then one day I discovered the Bracken Man in the pleasingly designed bottle, the interesting fragrance pyramid without too much dark brown and dark red parts and the realization that Bracken (together with fern) is the English word for fern Fern? Since when does fern grow in Oman (origin of Amouage)? Have they now planted water plantations on a grand scale? I always thought that under the tropical sun camels and cacti felt more at home there. Oha, that sounded interesting now, not least because I'm already a fan of the herb-green-citric fragrance segment.
Then the filling of parfumo Viktor delivered in a proven manner extremely carefully and pleasantly filled...
For me, the fragrance is a real wow experience and ONE of the discoveries of my past perfumo time! I would now describe it as "oriental light", pleasantly soft clove with cinnamony, slightly fruity floral notes. I wouldn't call this fragrance green, especially a fern note (like e.g. Arlington by D.R. Harris) I can't recognize at Bracken Man.
The scent is very pleasantly skin-emphasized, the Sillage clearly noticeable but according to my understanding nevertheless not obtrusive. A single spray in the morning is enough for me all day long. The best time to wear it is actually all year round, with the exception of high summer, when citric-freshen fragrances are more appropriate.
In any case, Bracken Man will be a bottle in my collection in the medium term, with which the topic Amouage is (for the time being ? ?) checked off for me

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
Initially uplifting, yet rather spicy-sweet, a smooth and powdery, oriental spicy-woody Fougère, on a gentle earthy-woody base. Versatile.
BielwenassBielwenass 1 year ago
Too much clove.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Bright and soft fougère. Spicy, slightly sweet, green, earthy and woody. I like the cypress and the lavender with the patchouli in the base.
RazvanykeRazvanyke 1 year ago
Very nice fougere like perfume, I associate it with Eau Sauvage from DIOR but the ES smells way better. I enjoy it but not bottle worthy.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 4 years ago
Amouage's take on fougeres done fine. Not spectacular!

by Kovex
by Omid2am
by Hubert7019
by Hubert7019

Popular by Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Reflection 45 by Amouage Interlude 53 by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Memoir Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage