Bracken Woman 2016

Bracken Woman by Amouage
Bracken Woman is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2016. The scent is green-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery.

Top Notes Top NotesBracken
LeatherLeather
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
VetiverVetiver
BirchBirch

Submitted by Michael, last update on 07.11.2021.

The scent is part of the „The Midnight Flower“ collection.

Predatory fougère green mix
The most controversial fragrance in my collection. Deserves attention. Very nice at first... green, berry... but somehow too much of all that: too green, too intrusive .... too loud. I still feel a magic, a mystery in it.

The scent clearly and accurately immerses you in nature - in the forest, where the ground is wet underfoot. The tart, sour-bitter berries have fallen on it nearby. Chamomile grows somewhere off to the side. Ferns lie underfoot. Fern and other grass have just been scraped. Their sap can be clearly felt. The aroma is so herbal, almost medicinal. Daffodils and lilies create a kind of indole sound. I can't identify vetiver and patchouli here at all. Once the initial shockwave wears off, the birch bites down hard and gives off a note of washing powder that well, there's just nowhere to go away from. After that, I smell nice suede and a subtle note of washing powder.
Longevity is not less than 12 hours. Of course, it is a fragrance of mood, not for every day and not for indoors.

For me, this fragrance is the best friend when wearing leather and satin scarves.

Completely different from everything else... Summed up in one word - a niche fragrance!
The exquisite meadow
And now AugustA got an Amouage after all...

First olfactory impulse: Oh, detergent..., only to realize that this is no longer the case as soon as the scent hits the skin properly.

It does come with a fresh bite, but we have a super fresh green here, coupled with a smell that you would associate outdoors with overripe fruit under the fruit tree. Full, tight. In addition there is a mildly spicy floral scent. Meadow flowers, and there it is, chamomile. Not like in tea, which most people think of being tucked up in bed, but in the meadow, it has a completely different effect. Atmosphere: yellow, white and green well-being. Natural and noble, but also calming.
So that it doesn't remain too meadow-flowery, a subtly set touch of light-coloured leather steps behind the fragrance, stern narcissus blossoms, a tiny trace of white flowers, and everything gathers under the fruit trees or in the summery orchard picture without being fruity.

If the fragrance were a recipe, Dr. Oetker would have said "very fine", but that's just distracting now. Perhaps we should call it The Exquisite Meadow
Little by little I feel the fragrance as a kaleidoscope of green tones: sometimes bright, then dark, now pungent, then fresh, balsamic, spicy, bitter, caressing, if not velvety, astringent, I even see an awake green, a shady, a sunny, a humid and a dust-dry green. Green from vegetables and green from flower stems, leaves, needles. All there, alternating, in permanent rotation and overlapping. - A fragrance experience!

Bracken is somehow - yes, self-confident. In the same sense as the women's fragrances of the 70s, which always seem harsh and comparatively demanding from today's point of view. Which smell of departure, a life of their own and their own opinion, in short: of independence. Bracken leans on this, he quotes without copying. His meadow is milder, contemporary, not retro.
For it is also speckled with light, white and silver, and despite its density the fragrance remains slender, no gold jewelry, no robe. Why is this actually modern? Maybe everything just comes back, but in a different form? Broodingly I sniff my wrist.
This may sound familiar, but the weave and structure are so special that blind buying is strongly discouraged.

Augusta now definitely wants a larger bottling plant next. Which, by the way, one drop will get you very far. Maybe 2ml will be enough for one life here. The smell seems to have got hold of me.
My signature scent!
Bracken... He's special to me!!! Scent-antidepressant. I can wear it always. It's juicy, voiced, very colourful. When I spray it on, I see a rich green colour (that's why I can't understand the colour of the bottle). I can clearly feel camomile, birch and fern but after the rain. Very wet and cool. Lasts very long over 6 hours, in the heat it cools me down pleasantly, in winter it catapults me back to my childhood in summer holidays at grandma's with long walks through the forest
Chamomile meadow
Bracken was a blind purchase and after the first sprayer I wanted to separate myself immediately again from Bracken. The prelude was stinging, reminded me of bath cleaner . He also has something nice, which surely comes from the fern, smells a bit like damp forest. When will I smell like that? Maybe hiking early in the morning. I've banished the scent to the unwanted corner. After weeks I have applied him again and again and see there, I am addressed by a strange woman because I smell so extraordinarily good . I hardly believe it, everything again from the front, I spray, sniff, observe the development, the chamomile I now perceive as the first, then fern and birch. Bracken may stay, it will not become my favorite fragrance, but whenever I feel like a clean fragrance Bracken comes into use.
Foam bath - unfortunately
First impressions: chlorophyll-green, hint of earth, creamy with a slight sour note, still green, slightly pungent, then creamy again, now also powdery, but always greenish. The flowers? Only as a hazy creamy-powdery overall impression. Leather? Where? And is there perhaps a delicate mint or eucalyptus hidden somewhere? That's how it stays. After about 7 hours, I then associate a pine / spruce needle foam bath.

These impressions are straight from the skin.

The foam bath I smell from now on, however, always immediately in the sillage as well as I spray, even if the eagle fern has quite an independent green notes, somehow bit what earthy is there. Last night after the shower I found B quite pleasant. As if I had just stepped out of the bathtub. With the current temperatures it feels quite good, slightly cooling. And even this morning I still feel quite fresh after the dog walk at 24° C.

The sillage I would describe as clear, but not overbearing. I was quite generous this morning and perceive "Bracken" after almost three hours still very well around me. Directly over the skin, the course is as described above.

The durability is good to very good. This morning after about 10 hours I could still perceive "Bracken" on the skin. And tonight after the shower Bracken is also still there, now wanted to spray on another fragrance...

So, what is my conclusion now? I am not a lover of green scents. Fern and birch speak more for the fact that I am not interested in a fragrance. In contrast here are lily, chamomile (anyway), leather and patchouli and also the berries. The fact is that for me the green predominates, I perceive the flowers (only) as a mixture directly on the skin and leather and patchouli are hiding. Still, in these temperatures, I find "Bracken" restful and wearable. But I doubt that this will also apply to temperatures below 22 ° C. That is: I will use up my bottling gladly, a wish list candidate is "Bracken" however not.

I thank Frismilla for the testing opportunity.

Aromatic AND Smooth !!
This perfume is amazing...
Although I somehow expected it to be mainly aromatic (which is often Good in my book), Bracken has a lovely creamy side to it.
On skin I do experience a bitter note (probably caused by birch and leather in combination with the chamomile), but the wafts around me are all about the three flowers: Narcissus, Lily and some Chamomile.
Bracken is gorgeous and unique, a fantastic natural summer perfume with a little sting.

I am sold, or rather: It's gonna cost me... :p

Once Upon a Time....during 60s
Bracken starts like a joyfull fruity floral then changes to a floral green springtime scent, nice and easy to like/love, following the pathway of the last releases of Amouage.
After some time it continues to change , flowers dissapear and I ' m getting a strong green chypre vibe together with that " walk in a dark humid forest" kind of smell courtesy of the base notes: patchouli , vetiver and birch. It s a potent, long lasting scent, very " flowerpower"

LillibetLillibet 4 years ago
Wild & floral with hints of cool damp leaf litter, trailing ivy & leathery bitter galbanum notes.

by Sweetsmell75
Made in Oman
by Landisch
by Landisch

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude 53 by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Reflection 45 by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage