Ciel Woman (2003)

Ciel Woman by Amouage

Ciel Woman is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2003. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Top Notes Top NotesCyclamen, Gardenia, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Peach blossom, Rose, Water lily
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Frankincense, Cedar

Submitted by Sani, last update on 28.11.2019.

10.0 7.0 7.0 10.0/10

Ciel Europe vs. Ciel Oman
After reading several great comments on this enchanting fragrance, I realized that I hadn't read anything about a direct comparison yet, sorry if I overlooked anything...
Four years ago, I happened to smell my absolute favorite perfume on my cousin. Of course I asked myself directly which noble drop it should be, Ciel from Amouage was the answer. Since I only knew slides and gold (the two are by far not my scents) until then, I swallowed first. But my goal had already been set: a blind purchase! Waiting a long time until the price finally moved in the direction that a normal employee did not faint directly, I hit a trustworthy online provider. And now there was my package. The whole packaging and the bottle are a masterpiece!
I got a bottle with the magnetic metal lid.

I sprayed briefly on my wrist... and finally smelled paradise! I was happy in that moment!

I can't tell you much about the individual notes, because I don't feel competent enough at the moment. What I heard in any case with enthusiasm was the fresh smell of fine white flowers. I sniffed my wrist again and again, the scent was already showing a certain course. A little later I suddenly smelled a light cream, that was great. With the Sillage modest for an Amouage, it smelled clear for me at least 5 to 6 hours, perhaps a little longer, but all the time very pleasant, which struck me during the test that the component (musk and/or frankincense) which I particularly liked about my cousin was certainly weaker on my wrist. I then connected this difference with my skin, which was unfavourable for this perfume, and was happy that I still liked this fragrance very much about myself. After two years, my cousin added another bottle of her favourite fragrance and told me that her new one was noticeably weaker than the old one, which reminded her that she had bought her first bottle in Oman. She sent me her old bottle with a small amount left for comparison. When I sniffed out a small splash on my wrist, I immediately recognized this fascinating scent on myself. The good news is:
It is probably really the same fragrance.
The bad version: The version from Oman is not only stronger, no, it is much deeper, more voluminous, rounder and creamier, it also has a little less freshness, but gives the impression that it smells "more natural" and sounds more like a big orchestra, while the European version is more like the little sister. But you can sniff out this difference in the direct test on both flacons. Of course the version from Oman makes the race for me, but my cousin doesn't find the European version any less pleasant because of its freshness. Maybe everyone should test for themselves... Hope you weren't too bored...
9.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

The Heavenly Woman?
Good evening, snoops :)
Since you are waiting for a new comment, I don't want to be like that and will publish a new comment this evening. Well, just like every night! Do you know from me :D

And today it's Ciel Woman from Amouage's turn, which, if I didn't translate it totally stupidly, would have to mean as much as "heavenly woman" or even "heavenly woman". Which again would be proof that I'm not the only one who calls women goddesses, at least now and then, if you don't bitch or something :DD

Well, I think that means that this fragrance is a women's fragrance, which should give you a pleasant feeling, similar to the feeling of waking up on a summer morning under a crystal clear sky and enjoying the warm rays of the sun, as well as of course the summery plant fragrances, of which I will certainly have no idea myself :D

The fragrance:
The fragrance starts with fresh, floral scents that are very pleasant and I hope that the variety of different flowers will not drift into the stuffy later, but we'll see about that. Anyway, at the beginning I smell the gardenias, then a scent that reminds me of water lilies (or water lilies?) as well as camomile, and then violets appear, which also quickly gain intensity and smell sweet as well as powdery. Jasmine is also present, which also smells sweetly, and then there are roses, although these currently remain more in the background and can only be perceived from close up.
Later, it still smells very flowery, fresh summery as well as clean, especially together with the musk, which appears more and more. Incense seems to be present, at least according to the fragrance pyramid, but it is extremely weak, so you can hardly perceive it.
As expected, the fragrance becomes a little more stuffy as a base, after all so many flowers appear here that when combined (for me) they seem a little overwhelming :D But I think you ladies will like it rather than disturb it.
Apart from that, the scent is very beautiful, even if it gets weaker towards the end faster than one is used to from Amouage.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The charisma is quite okay, the scent is no firecracker and can't be smelled over long distances, but it still has a nice charisma, which you can smell from normal closeness at a scent that also comes across nice without wrapping everything in a huge scent cloud.
The shelf life is somewhat long, but in comparison to other fragrances of this brand a little weaker, but what does not matter, because the fragrance first of all also withstands so well (namely at least six hours) and secondly this shelf life is very good especially for a summery fragrance!

The bottle:
As usual, the slightly inflated bottle with the partially pressed side surfaces is of very high quality and comes across a little simpler this time, as it has no (unusual) color like other fragrances of this brand. Instead, he's more clear. On the front you can see the metal Amouage logo. The name of the fragrance was engraved on the gold-plated neck. The lid reminds again of roofs of oriental towers and carries at its top an azure blue Swarovski gemstone (matching the sky theme). A beautiful bottle, which gives nothing to complain about!

Yes, Ciel Woman is a beautiful fragrance that comes fresh. So not refreshing as with citric scents, but fresh and summery like a beautiful breeze of a summery wind that blows scents of beautiful, blooming flowers, while the sun throws down its rays of sunshine (don't forget to use sun cream for too long irradiation :D) and warms the pretty faces of the ladies and additionally provides a vitamin D effect!

Ciel Woman has of course also become a scent for warm days, and since spring is already around the corner, you can finally wear it with pleasure to please yourself as well as the surroundings, although the surroundings would soon have to move closer to one due to the somewhat weak sillage! He is too weak to go out with it, but for the day he is a great companion for all occasions!
This makes it one of those (Amouage) fragrances that are definitely worth a look.

And I have come once again to the end and wish you a nice evening, until soon! :)
9.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Gone with the Wind
I wanted to test Ciel for some time and finally the time had come....

As soon as I sprayed Ciel on my wrist, I was diving into another world...

I fly over the Alps... i recognize a mountain lake... many pink water lilies swim in the mountain lake...they smell tender and rosy, slightly aquatic-glazed (really very light)...

....I can also perceive a very shy briese of violets and rose...

The sun shines with full power and warms the flowers and the reflecting mountain lake...

...I fly over waddy-fuzzy clouds... They are as tender as peaches, but they are very difficult to sniff out...slightly sweet...

My skin gets creamy warm from the strong rays of the sun....

It just smells heavenly...
...very tender and fine, slightly rosy fruity... and then.... creamy
Musk is also represented quite delicately.... ^

There is nothing to smell of sandalwood, incense and cedar on my skin, which I personally do not find a pity ;)

For me a fine Amouage, which was allowed to move in a few days after the test :)
6.0/10

Strong Floral
I'm not sure which note it is, but the floral comes on heavy and strong. I think is it the jasmine, which I enjoy only in small doses. A hint of the lily was the most pleasant note I could pick up, and that was nice.
10.0 5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Airy-fairy affection
CIEL WOMAN - perfect name for the fragrance.
It is very natural and complex. Fresh cut grass, a young girl running on it, the dew is wetting her feet, flowers and blossoms (all what promised in the list of notes), and a shed in the edge of garden, far away from the playful girl, only a light touch of woods stretching to the idyll as shadow.

This is the most lightsome fragrance of Amouage in my opinion, a really refreshening, airy and young scent, lacking the heavy and difficult, erotic aroma that is in almost every Amouage Woman perfume. Its color: light green or citrine.

If I were infatuated with fresh scents, my rate would be 80 or 90%.

Hermesh 3 years ago
Whenever "Ciel" seems to take off because of his white-floral delicacy, subtle heavy note (incense?) emerges which does not make it happen.
9.0

by Mcgeitner
by Shiaila
by Shiaila

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Ciel Woman by Amouage Gold Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Gold Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Fate Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage