Dia Man 2002

Dia Man by Amouage
Dia Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2002. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCardamomCardamom LabdanumLabdanum Bitter orangeBitter orange FrankincenseFrankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesIrisIris PeonyPeony Plum blossomPlum blossom Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber LeatherLeather Brazilian rosewoodBrazilian rosewood PatchouliPatchouli VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Sani, last update on 27.04.2022.

Elegant, timeless
Amouage Dia Man isn't a beast mode fragrance like some of the other ones from the house (Interlude, Journey). Also it is not as eccentric or pronounced as some of the others (Sunshine, Fate, Myths).
Dia is pretty tamed and safe, but in an elegant way. It comes to me as a classic fragrance but still has some originality. Main notes are vetiver, incense. It is a bit creamy and it has an arabic/middle East kind of feel.
I like it a lot, even bought a back up, but I notice I don't wear it that often. Maybe I tend to pick fragrances that are a bit more youthful.

Still I give it an
8/10

A well kept secret!
There are scents that smell so good that everyone falls in love with them. Every critic praises them. Everyone wears them. More importantly, you love them. You declare unrelenting loyalty for that scent and multiple backups find their place in your wardrobe. Or, you belong to the other camp. And, you start to look for something rather more unique.
Case in point: Dior Homme or L'instant Homme.

Then, there are scents that pass many critics' checklists with flying colors. Whole community has a great deal of things to say about them. You find appreciation for the fine craftsmanship, high-quality ingredients, or other technicalities, but you know in your heart, you don't love them. The bottles collect dust and rarely find themselves sprayed.
Case in point: 1740 or Egoiste.

Then, there are scents that barely agree with critics. They get, if any, only mild praise in the community. Nobody, except a small cohort, seems to have good things to say about them. It is like a secret whispered through air, and you get a faint idea, only if you are attentive enough. Once you find it, then you know you can not not keep a backup or two. You adore it more than anything else.
Dia man is one such scent.

It is plain GREAT. It is Amouage quality and Duchaufour masterpiece. It is not only the quality ingredients and excellent composition, but I just love it as is. People don't like it because it is too silent, but I love it more so for the same reason.

Like I said before. It is discreet, refined, and subtle. I imagine this is how people coming from old money smell like.

Dia Man
Notes: Cardamom, Labdanum, Orange, Frankincense, Iris, Peony, Plum, Ylang-Ylang, Orris Root, Leather, Amber, Patchouli, Vetiver and Sandalwood

Dia Man, a soapy, spicy, woody and resionous fragrance. Opens with Incense, Orange, Labdanum which gives this a leathery vibe and Cardamom. Floral notes soon follow along with Vetiver adding that freshness. DIA settles into a woody base of Vetiver, Patchouli and Sandalwood with hints of leather. A very easy to wear fragrance, not overpowering like other Amouages which I love but this one is still a winner in my books.

All-rounder
This is the first Amouage I have tested, and if this is a light version of what the product, I must say I want more!

Very quality ingredients, well blended, mainly dominating flower notes with some resin and smoke in the background. My favorite part is during the dry down phase, very pleasant frankincense with a dash of sweetness, but the sweetness from flowers. Really nice.

Sillage could be better, but that one is all-rounder, you can wear it for a lot of occasions, temperatures, and time of day.
Classic men's fragrance
My work colleague thinks it would be an old man's fragrance, but I cannot confirm this. I find it is from the beginning to the end an everyday suitable always go. If you don't know what to spray in the morning... Dia Man always leaves. The sillage is designed in such a way that it can be seen for several hours. The fragrance is very linear, so it hardly changes over time: the bottle: typical Amouage, like all the other fragrances in the range an eye catcher. :-)
I like him.... And I don't want to miss him anymore
Pleasant Immergeher
The last few days I have been testing my way through the Amouage range. I ordered some samples and now I know almost everybody. Most of them I like well, some I find solid and some are rather less my case. My favourite is Interlude, Reflection and Sunshine as well as this one.

I ordered the noble official sample of this slide. Dia means day and this is actually well wearable, although it is also suitable as a noble evening fragrance. This fragrance is mainly a woody, spicy fragrance with lots of frankincense and especially vetiver. If you don't like vetiver, you won't be very happy with this fragrance.
It starts spicy with cardamom and with incense/labdanum mixture, what you also notice in other Amouage's. Gentle wood and vetiver. Vetiver, what is in the base I perceive very early. The flavour is mild and pleasant and goes very well with the vetiver and the soft rosewood. I don't perceive much of the heart note, but I will do my part. For me anyway no fragrance with great fragrance development. But you don't need it here either, because you like to smell this fragrance and leave an elegant impression. Only the base gets through well later and becomes very soft with mainly vetiver and rosewood.
Even if I feel this fragrance as an absolute feel-good fragrance, I miss the big wow moments. To me, it's more of an understatement. Very suitable for everyday use, but also a good choice for the evening. It looks very elegant and stylish due to this noble wood-vetiver mixture. For the very special moments, however, I would choose other fragrances.
The performance is fine to good. Shelf life is approx. 8 hours. The Sillage is quite good, but not even close to as with Interlude Man. But very satisfying, especially for everyday occasions.

All in all a fragrance that I can highly recommend. Very noble and stylish.

Dia Man
With my regards to ColinM, I do not know if that is the vintage, but the current one is rather loose for what Amouage usually commercializes.

For me it does not merce comments on the value for money

"Amouage Dia Man"
As Gold Man, the first fragrance I’d sampled from the Omani house of Amouage, had set the standard sky-high, I approached the next one, Dia Man, with a fair bit of expectation and a tad bit of trepidation. Would Amouage be capable of creating a follow-up fragrance worthy of their stunning original? To be honest, I strongly wished they would.

Dia Man is classified as a spicy-floral-woody scent. Its top features soft spices with a drop of citrus, whose appearance, however refreshing, is only brief. The dominance of the spicy notes lasts until the floral heart of the fragrance opens up. I’d like to point out that the flowers in Dia Man never become as pronounced as those in Gold Man and, therefore, Dia Man may seem more appealing to men than its precursor. In fact, I see the role of the floral notes in Dia Man as that of a bridge between the spicy opening and the woody drydown. The level of blending in this perfume is once again incredible! It’s a truly beautiful chorus of olfactory notes: none is allowed to steal the show, yet each plays its crucial role in the overall effect. Get rid of any one of them and you’ll spoil the whole composition beyond repair.

To this nose, Dia Man is as smooth as silk. Even though its projection is moderate, the same cannot be said about its longevity. Once you spray it on, it embraces you gently and you can do nothing but succumb to its charm. Undoubtedly, one of the best Amouages around!

Masterpiece!
Dia Man by Amouage is stunning. Stunning! Not my favourite Amouage to wear “daily” and forget about it, due to its very subtle presence on skin (which for me would be a crime to miss, so I’d rather wear it when I’ve enough attention and peace of mind to appreciate it), but surely and by far, probably my favourite ever of their range as a work of... hell, there, I’ll say it: a work of art. I think it accomplishes a level of vibrant creativity and impeccable perfection no other Amouage ever did, except maybe for Ciel. But Dia probably pushes the limit even above that. It manages to be smoother, to subtract even more, to make an even more precarious, complex and thin balance perfectly stand still as a transparent ice sculpture. Just replacing ice with air. Others in their range are more easy to love, richer and more fulfilling maybe, surely performing better and thus being more appealing and easier to wear. But Dia Man is just something different.

On paper it is seemingly quite a simple, understated floral-suede-vetiver scent with spicy-green accents – and you could wonder where’s the deal. The deal is precisely in how Dia transform that mildly promising, yet probably not-overly-exciting structure into something completely amazing. And that sadly can’t really be described with words, which would only make it sound undeservedly boring. Or well, mines would surely. I could mention a mind-blowing weightlessness, a unique sense of natural refinement, an amazingly, almost hypnotic slow evolution bringing in and out vetiver, smooth smoke and posh powdery suede, quiet clean woods, delicate breezy flower petals (orris, peony, ylang) which you can almost feel agitated by some gentle wind, an incredibly crisp yet almost unperceivable sort of grassy-minty aroma breezing erratically through the notes as a fairytale ghost of an elf, a genius touch of silky fruitiness... but that would all make Dia sound “just as another good scent” – while it isn’t. Not because it isn’t good, obviously, but because it’s beyond a scent - it’s a world, really. I would add “totally unparalleled” if Hermès Cuir d’Ange didn’t exist, as in some way, I think these two scents share some connections – both in some notes (especially the powdery-suede treatment), in their stunning quality, and in their general texture and inspiration. But creativity-wise, Dia is probably a tad superior to that, as it dares a bit more in terms of minimalism and complexity. The palette is broader here, so to speak, but surely they share some roots.

Pardon this personal detour but in a way, Dia Man reminds me of some summer holidays I used to spend in Switzerland, Engadin valley, some years ago. I always admired and deeply enjoyed the sense of cleanliness, clarity, purity and almost unsettling calm you can feel wandering through the lakes and the Graubünden mountains in the summer season, together with the warm, cozy, subtle yet somehow also very austere, pragmatic, even slightly decadent neat elegance of many houses and cafés there. In my memories the world there was all green and blue with a sprinkle of flowers, a constant uplifting crisp breeze, a Swiss sense of restrained elegance combined with a deep, archaic love for nature and for the mountains, with their dark shades and primitive secrets (which a couple of clouds are enough to transform from heaven to the most frightening place on Earth). I mean, Nietzsche spent his holidays there, in Sils Maria’s village – you get what I mean. It’s not only about some fresh air and good food to seek some rest. It’s like wandering through human nature. Now ironically Amouage’s heritage hasn’t much to do with of all that (or maybe it has?), and yet the refreshing, soothing sense of sophisticated, almost meditative yet also very “civilized” raw naturalness is quite the same. Probably “natural elegance” hasn’t ever make so much sense as it would for Dia Man. And it’s something really beyond simple charm, or a simple “natural feel”. It’s truly the modulating smell of a whole ideal world in a bottle, a blend of crisp archaic nature and modern cozy refinement. And the choice of giving it such a discreet, subtle texture is just pure genius to me, as it really feels like a call to your sensitivity and intellect to appreciate it at its fullest. Brilliant!

10/10

GMK
An Alien in Amouage Line....
Absolutely contrary to what Amouage is known for with their mainstream masculines offerings like Jxxv, Epic , Memoir etc.

Dia is a soft , floral spicy and easy going fragrance which is very pleasant and SAFE imo , after a fruity floral start it transforms into a delightful and close to skin powdery/spicy scent constantly whispers its presence and never bothers people around you.

comparatively moderate silage and lack of shouting notes made it an Alien among other Amouage masculines. A perfect unisex fragrance imo.

YasSharovYasSharov 1 month ago
Very elegant scent for mature men. Ingredients are so well mixed that it is not easy to separately identify them. Classy oriental scent.
XanthonXanthon 2 months ago
Discreet, refined, and subtle, I would imagine this is how people who come from old money smell like.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 11 months ago
This is underrated,maybe because it is not as loud as other Amouages.But it is very interesting and perfect signature&office scent.
INDIGOSPHINXINDIGOSPHINX 1 year ago
cardamom makes it very alcoholic and green. The peony and plum adds a syrupyness to that alcohol smell. I do not detect much vetiver at all.
OrageOrage 1 year ago
Classy soapy fragrance with a beautiful masculine vetiver drydown
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
It's quite different from other perfumes of Amouage. It's a soft and sophisticated unisex fragrance resembling the works of Annick Menardo.

by Kovex
by Kovex
by jakdelind
by jakdelind
by Baptiste
by Baptiste
by Amazins
by Amazins
Absolutely nothing to do with apples.  Just showing off (my apples).
by Omid2am
by Omid2am
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by Diyenli61
by Diyenli61
by OleTrufa
by OleTrufa
der wohl edelste herrenduft für meine nase
by Serge
by ColorsOfNose
by Vlad
by Vlad

Popular by Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Reflection 45 by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude 53 by Amouage Homage by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Memoir Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage