Dia Woman (2002)Eau de Parfum

Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage

Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2002. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Top Notes Top NotesCyclamen, Bergamot, Tarragon, Fig, Sage, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris root, Orange blossom, Peony, Peach blossom, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Heliotrope, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Frankincense, White musk, Cedar

Submitted by Sani, last update on 24.05.2020.

Clean up!
That's the first thing that comes to mind about this fragrance. Clean, but not "just clean", but multi-faceted, bright "soap clean" that changes throughout the day.

My great-grandmother was a very well-groomed woman who always used expensive luxury soaps for personal hygiene.
A small, petite, always freshly permed, good smelling lady. A real neat and tidy one, then
That smell reminds me of her.

Personally, I had been looking forward to Dove - but I only smell a little "Dove". The scent smells very soapy on me, a lot of blossom and a round of body powder, Moschug also comes through clearly - rather a little "omig", but pleasantly omig.

Like all Amouage waters of high quality, but I personally think that there must have been a reformulation of the fragrance. I had a sample of the slide with the old cap and I found it a bit better than the contents with the magnetic cap. Maybe just deception. Who knows...
Ulli2
"Bath of the Goddess "DIA"

Slide ...
The Divine
To be found in mythology... a connection with father of the gods Zeus.
This slide, made in liquid form, for a deity...

From the clarifying collection of ethereal fragrances.
This im
Possession of a radiantly beautiful goddess!
DIA
A daydream that shines with elegance,
with
given by nature Rose blossoms, shimmering like red gems, with a wonderful scent, reminiscent of love and devotion.
Warm and very intense.
Playful orange blossom in addition, rather mild and tender.
It smells of radiant cleanliness
of sage and tarragon ,
Cleaning and clarifying, with incense
and woods .
Creamy with vanilla and musk.

The one with flowers of peach and peony,crowned,
for a goddess ready scented bath,
Should every day also for you a
Be heavenly pleasure.

Revel like goddess Dia
Dog scent

I used to live with my mother as a child in the eighties and nineties, in a small apartment, in an apartment building, where she still lives today.
Above us Mrs. W. lived with her dog Hasso. He was a big fox red mongrel with a longer silky coat.
Mrs. W. and Hasso had a large apartment with three or four rooms.
Mrs. W. was an elegant elderly lady. We took care of dear Hasso when she was away for a weekend, which was always a lot of fun for me.
It smelled awfully good in her apartment. I wasn't with her often, but this scent on her and in her apartment has nestled itself positively in my memory forever. A mixture of her perfume and the smell of dog.
I never figured out what perfume it was. As a child I would never have had the idea to ask her for the name of it.
From the age it cannot have been Dia, because that did not exist at that time. However, every time I use Dia, I have to think of Mrs. W.. Mrs. W., Hasso, childhood, nice memories.
The noble soapiness radiates class and grace and smells for me of pure security. And dog
Ledis
Dia Amouage or oriental luxury in a bottle
I can talk about this fragrance forever.
After I had tried it for the first time, I fell in love completely and irrevocably and decided for me that he just had to be mine!
A huge bouquet of luxurious, freshly cut roses, whose aroma is accompanied by fresh light aldehydes. The base of the fragrance is rich in many nuances - vanilla, powder, wormwood and woody chords - not to list them all, because the aroma consists of more than 120 natural ingredients, only the main part is represented in the pyramid.
The aroma has a thick, evenly oily consistency, it absolutely does not smell of alcohol, which sin most aromas. The fragrance is incredibly luxurious and long-lasting, loops and fascinating. It's impossible to go unnoticed. He explains himself and his wearer loudly, because I believe he was created for special solemn occasions, not for daily use.
Very expensive in sound, afterwards all aromas appear simple and flat. Fully in line with its price.
He justifies his name - "goddess". In her you feel like a queen, a goddess.
Daily soap
From Dia Woman I got a sample and had to try it out immediately...

First, a very alcoholic smell flies around my ears... What was that? That did not stand so in the fragrance pyramid! however, as fast he came, as fast he disappeared again immediately!

Then it shakes and shakes vigorously and I am soaped in the washing machine times correctly in and/or... ...First wash with fig violet soap, second wash with orange and peach blossom soap and rinse with rose vanilla soap balm...

Freshly washed I am hung up on the clothesline outside.... The sun warms me and I feel like a poodle... as fresh as never before ;)

I smell of delicate flower fig vanilla soap...
...The scent is intensified by the sun and yet lasts very long... Again and again I must sniff at myself :)

Over time, the fragrance becomes finer and more delicate, which I like very much... I could well imagine wearing Dia to a walk on a sunny autumn day..

Soap...
Soap is all I smell on my skin, and even cheap soap , no luxury good smelling soap but mainstream ordinary soap, to be sure it was not only me and my nose, I have asked two others to smell it on my skin and their verdict was the same....so a "second full no no" for amouage from me. So far there are 3 amouages I really like, 1 I like , and 2 I dislike.

Pleasant
This is a most wonderful soap smell, comforting. I would not buy a FB, although I kept sniffing this long-lasting scent. Not for my body, but maybe my pillowcase.

Interesting, but Amouage Gold is better
Aldehydes can sometimes be seen as dated, especially if they come across as powdery and/or soapy. Not everyone is a fan of floral aldehydes and I do understand that, although I'm the first to defend them if any 'old lady' references come into the mix. Amouage Dia pour Femme is a floral aldehyde, being very classic in its approach. You'll either love it or loathe it.

Dia is a scent that exudes class and sophistication. It's one of those fragrances that you'd expect to find a successful woman with a string of pearls and black, shiny high heels wearing. It's definitely not a fragrance for the shy or the teeny-boppers.

Some have noted comparisons between Chanel No.5 and Dia. I can see what they're getting at, but I don't entirely agree. Dia is less clean and more musky in terms of composition. The turkish rose oil accord settles quite strongly on the skin, providing a richer and heavier dimension.

On my skin, Dia tends to smell soapy and sharp, but not in a way that is unpleasant. The longer I wear it, the more I begin to enjoy it. If I had to compare Dia pour Femme to any other fragrance on the market, I would say that it's very much like YSL's Rive Gauche.

What fascinates me the most about Dia's composition is the soft, clean and refreshing aldehydic opening, counteracted by the somewhat damp, animalistic and musky drydown. All in all, this fragrance has been well executed.

The sillage is fairly strong, however the longevity didn't live up to my expectations unfortunately. After five hours of wear, I can barely smell Dia pour Femme, and that's a shame.

Originally written: July 07, 2012.

aldehyde alert indeed
Aldehydes on steroids, of sinus clearing intensity right at the first spritz. After my head cleared, my nose registered a heavy floral scented powder following behind the aldehydes and remaining like this for the rest of its lifetime on me. It's not a light dusting of powder, it's like how the aristos in Versailles laid on the powder to hide their body odours since showers were a rarity. I get the comparisons with No. 5 but they are unique in their own ways and both deserve a place in the wardrobe of an aldehyde lover/old school(not old lady)floral powder+aldehyde lover. I cannot stress enough that there is no escaping the aldehydes and I would not have grouped this perfume under floral. It's much much more fizzy than floral. I don't personally categorize scents into day or night but this is too much of a powerhouse to be worn in my line of work, besides being a waste of a gorgeous beauty. Massive sillage and moderate longevity on me.

Aldehydes, I repeat: Aldehydes
Amouage DIA POUR FEMME appears to contain even more aldehydes than GOLD, and that's saying a lot. In fact, it's probably an olfactory illusion caused by the significant reduction in base notes in this composition, in order to render it a more "daytime appropriate" alternative to GOLD.

But the price paid was too steep, according to my nose, for what remains in DIA is a pared-down version of GOLD by far the most dominant note of which is aldehydes. If I were putting together the note hierarchy, I'd include an entire row of the bright-blue sky aldehyde pictures, because they really overwhelm all of the floral and other notes. This perfume belongs in its own category, not floral, nor even floral aldehyde, but: aldehyde. They are clear; they are crisp; they are limpid and clean. But they are what they are: aldehydes.

For all of the reasons--and then some--that I recommend WHITE LINEN to those who like GOLD, I feel even more compelled to recommend CALECHE (by Guy Robert, creator of GOLD) or CHANEL No. 5 or WHITE LINEN to those who like DIA!

Aldehydes, I repeat: aldehydes.

NikolinaNikolina 5 years ago
Luxury soap scent, long lasting. For me is the small sister of GOLD Amouage. Very elegant perfume!!!

by MrsMancera
by Artlouthe
by SweetHonesty
by SweetHonesty

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Bracken Man by Amouage