Epic Woman

Eau de Parfum (2009)
Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage
Where to buy?
Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) (Amouage)
Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCumin, Pink pepper, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamascus rose, Geranium, Jasmine, Tea
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Gaiac wood, Iris, Musk, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.04.2017

Bottle 8.0/10
Sillage 8.0/10
Longevity 8.0/10
Scent 8.5/10
1 Award
Special
It gives me the impression of a unisex fragrance, it is a good fragrance, not my favourite Amouage, which is Honour followed by memoir and lyric, but good nevertheless, I wear it not often but once and a while I do.. It depends of my mood and urge...I have this urges for fragrances like I have for food

Update.

I wear it today and iT really bothers me....it is not for me ,certainly not today

6 months later
Wear Epic today ( wanted to try again) and iT even smells good on me , i wonder what is wrong with me...
Scent 9.0/10
Helpful Review    3 Awards
Epic is epic :)
The rose came out first and I loved it (and I'm picky about rose scents), then the other florals became apparent. They blended so well I could not say that any one dominated, except possibly the wonderful rose. The cumin and cinnamon balance with the flowers like yin/yang; the incense/smoke aura grounded the whole flower/spice party. This is FBW.
Scent 10.0/10
Greatly helpful Review    17 Awards
An Oud for Me!
Several years ago, oud fever began spreading like wildfire across the perfume blogs and boards, and like so many others, I was captivated. "Noble rot" they called it, and the tales of how it was harvested and the way it was used in the Middle and Far East made agarwood sound so esoteric and totally covetable that I couldn't resist trying some. Thus, I ordered a bunch of samples from Montale, the only house that was using oud on a large scale at the time.

Sadly, my oud testing spree did not go well. The Montale fragrances were without a doubt different from anything I had ever experienced and certainly interesting perfumes. However, I found myself feeling unsettled and borderline anxious whenever I wore them. I eventually figured out that the medicinal, Bactine-like aspect of Montale's oud was reminding me of hospitals, sickness, injury and other unpleasant stuff. "No oud for you!" I thought to myself. Enter Amouage Epic Woman, which I tested on a whim without even knowing that it contained the dreaded oud.

Agarwood (or an aromachemical meant to represent it) is present in Epic Woman from top notes to drydown, but unlike in other settings, the oud here is mellow, a bit sweet and plays well with the other notes. The noble rot descriptor fits perfectly, as the wood has a round, honeyed quality that gives the impression of careful ageing without the medicinal odor. This beautiful note provides the backdrop against which the rest of the fragrance unfolds, at all times enhancing rather than upstaging the other components. Spices, including caraway, pepper and cinnamon abound in Epic, and they have a remarkably fresh quality suggestive of crushing the pods and seeds under a rolling pin as opposed to the dry, musty/stale character found in some spice-laden fragrances. Allegedly, there is a Damascus rose at the heart of Epic Woman, but the floral that I'm able to detect is more of a jam or a liqueur than a natural rose, and all the darker and more rich for it.

Epic Woman's base notes include a creamy, buttery note reminiscent of the one featured in Fracas, as well as the magical silver Frankincense that characterizes most of the Amouage line. Although sandalwood is listed, I can't smell any nasty Polysantol, only an earthy whiff after a few hours of what I assume must be Gaiac wood. The sillage and longevity of this perfume are appropriately epic, as they ought to be for the price. Speaking of which, if loving this expensive juice means a month of eating Ramen in a styrofoam container instead of a proper and civilized lunch, I consider it well worth the sacrifice.
Scent 9.0/10
Helpful Review    5 Awards
A rich woman in a fur coat
My husband loves it.
He sees a rich woman in a fur coat.
It projects money he says.
Money that comes in the family through generations.
So, class and sensuality..
Now he makes me feel like getting my self a decant at list.

I have tried it in the heat of the summer and did not like it
but now, in winter its wonderful. It seems
like the colder it gets the better is the perfume.
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 7.0/10
Helpful Review    5 Awards
A Big Caraway-tinged Patchouli Perfume
I am delighted to be able to affirm that EPIC WOMAN really is an oriental perfume—and a nice one at that! This composition boasts a big dose of patchouli, for better or for worse. For this nose, it’s definitely for the better, serving as it does to impart the thick richness I look for in and have come even to expect from oriental perfumes. The patchouli here is chewy and clean, not dark and skanky at all, but let the prospective wearer beware: this is essentially a patchouli perfume. The other oriental notes, including pepper, cumin, frankincense, and cinnamon, are all very light complements to the focal note: patchouli. The florals, too, serve to accent the patchouli, not the other way around.

On my skin, EPIC WOMAN does not comprise chapters but is a relatively linear composition. I like it a lot and would welcome with open wrists a gift of this perfume from a benefactor—whether anonymous or not! I recommend EPIC WOMAN to all and only patchouli lovers whose perfume budget permits such a fragrance, as they say, “rich in splendor and sophistication…made for the most special luxurious occasion.”

As for everyone else, the cost is so prohibitive that you might consider investing your hard-earned cash in the purchase of ten recent patchouli perfumes scent unsniffed. There’s certainly no dearth, and you’re bound to find a couple that work…

update: in a subsequent wear, I have confirmed that the caraway is a bit strong for my tastes, which is why I have rated EPIC only at 70%, diverging a bit from some of my perfume pals. ;-)
Bottle 7.5/10
Scent 10.0/10
Helpful Review    4 Awards
Travel on the flying carpet
The smell is Orient purely like a beautiful Arabian night.

The spices dance around my nose. Incense and Patchouli wrap me in a cashmere blanket.
I am touched gently.

An crazy composition; coordinated fantastically; nothing is wrong, balances everything perfectly.
The smell warms me, comforts me, makes me happy.
I would like to spray him on my clothes and bedlinen.
Epic Woman is divine and a Must-Have.

According to Medusa and Turandot terrific comments, last night, I 'only' had handed in my assessment.
Today, I have a little precious smell sprayed on again. I was fast in the Tales of the Thousand and One Nights disappeared.
Bottle 10.0/10
Sillage 10.0/10
Scent 8.0/10
Very helpful Review    4 Awards
Epic Woman
Well this is my second in the amouage series it's Epic Woman this one is more sweeter and more of a dominance of vanilla
and amber then the previous reviewed Lyric Woman with it's dry smoky and woodish nuances.
The opening has a nice menthol beginning
consisting of dark Oud and peppery Caraway dries quickly to a dry and grounded Cinnamon and the distant wisp
of pink pepper. the middle tones is more powdery with rose with it's velvety texture with tea with jasmine petals conjures tea gatherings in the Sheik's
dessert fort in a unnamed middle eastern
country where is dark and with diaphanous tent surrounding you and a ornate rug on the floor sit cross legged
drinking his tea.

I liked the drydown though it's not as scent catching like Lyric woman but still impressive the amber dominates the drydown making the other basenotes to dilute a bit the incense in Epic woman is not a strong like in Lyric but it's a nice wisp of it' patchouli for my senses is hard to detect if it's with Other notes but make a quiet interlude
and with the earthiness of orris makes it an grounded ending.

Although not as intoxicating for the senses like Lyric Woman but it's nice
in more of a sweet and Modest Sister

Nugegeo 9 months ago
Pepper & spiced jammy rose-an almost fizzy rose. And it's exciting! Like the lead-up to a first kiss! With warm ickle baby oud notes. Delish!+4

Popular Amouage

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Reflection Man by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Ciel Woman by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Gold Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Gold Man by Amouage Fate Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage