Epic Woman 2009Eau de Parfum

Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage
Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCumin, Pink pepper, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose, Geranium, Jasmine, Tea
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Gaiac wood, Iris, Musk, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.11.2020.

Dark fairy tales
I live up to my nickname in that dark things frighten me, but fascinate me.
Horror, fantasy, fairy tales and sagas in their original version, the abysses of the human soul - all this makes me shudder.
With horror, but also with rapture
Epic Woman is the fragrant description of this emotional state.
I am blown away, at the same time it almost frightens me, I want to sink into it, I am half disgusted.

I can smell shadows, decaying walls, old forests, the mythical creatures that roam through them in pursuit of a compliant victim.
Ragged sheets after a rabid night of love, sweat and spiced wine.
A fire, somewhere in the night.

I can see Lucy in front of me, who surrenders to the werewolf in the labyrinth and Pan, who hunts the nymphs and gets his hands on one, a vampire whose victim dies in ecstasy.
I wonder what a mixed creature like a centaur could do to you, what the Minotaur would have done if I had run into him in the labyrinth, or what the beauty really did to the beast.
What a feeling it may be to spend a night of love. On a grave.

Here, in Epic, rapture and horror are very close together for me.
What an unusual, dark, sensual, dirty scent, where I really can't think of any opportunity to wear it.

.. ..although... ...while playing catch in nowhere... ..between ancient walls in the twilight. . . . . .and maybe we're not alone in that.
Bergerbelge
The oriental lover with the cigar afterwards - to spray...
Last year in January I was able to sample this fragrance. More by chance.

I remember it was bitterly cold that day. I had never heard of Amouage, although I have been around the fragrance world for a long time.

The contents of the small tube already looked so rich and intense, really oily and opulent in its golden yellow color.

I opened the cap and: Whoo-hoo! The smell knocked me right into other hemispheres!

Thousands of different scent molecules flew around me without me taking anything out of the little magic treasure or even rubbing it on my skin.

I smelled so many spices, lovely things and exotic-erotic in one pile, it was as if a handsome man first put his charm over me, wrapped in soft velvet and cashmere, then he made me fidget, hospitably poured me a tea.

But, when I let "him" dribble on my skin in fine doses, he did it wildly with me and attacked me like a wild animal, spoiled me and my nose after all art - until I seemed to become completely gaga in the head...

Then finally, some mercy:

For a softer afterplay there was a prelude of plush vanilla cream with a noble steamy cigar afterwards...

He held out until the next shower and reminded me of our first date, always present and without getting weaker. But he became a little more tame and cuddly...

Conclusion: A polarizing, absolutely developing, noble whole blood tale with cream, spice, smoke and also a distinct animal note. This spicy-creamy type also flatters men.
Too much makes it bad, little and carefully dosed, just right - has developed into my signature scent.

By the way, I own the very old version of the fragrance, which was still made in Oman.

Thanks Amouage, for this lover!
the temptation from the Orient
Epic in summer? Yeah, sure! Why not.
When I feel like it, I wear every fragrance wherever and whenever I want, regardless of whether it usually fits the situation, the season or the time of day.

I got to know Epic in the extra warm and dry summer of 18.
Although its strength, spiciness and dense darkness made it more of an autumn winter, I found it extremely exciting, especially in the summer temperatures. Sensual yes erotic.

The individual aromas developed even more intensively and multi-layered for my sensation in the warmth.
A whole range of aromas revealed themselves to my nose and before my inner eye I saw a golden round tray decorated with a hammer blow, on which there were lots of small piles of spices.
Pepper, cumin, cinnamon, vanilla, the woods and patchouli, incense, deep red rose petals, they are all on the large plate and depending on which direction you turn it, small, invisible clouds rise.
In the background smoky dark tea steams from heavy glasses, and with every moment the intensity of the individual components changes.

Epic is spicy, smoky, warm, darkly mysterious, self-confident and infinitely multi-layered
never crosses the border of the indecent or even becomes vulgar.
Unlike some of the other Amouage fragrances, you can see its quality, I find it very high quality and luxurious.

Yes at any time of the year, but still not at any time.

We're connected by a kind of love-hate relationship. There are times when I can't open its heavy shutter for months and the thought of the peppered clouds really frightens me off.
And there are days like today when I can hardly wait for the precious treasure to unfold and for me to immerse myself in all its facets
Fragrances from the Silk Road
Hey guys :)

Today I come to Epic Woman of Amouage. Which means "epic" or rather "epic woman, or epic woman" or something similar. Before I freake out here because of the term "epic" and drive everyone away, I'll tell you something about the fragrance and where the inspiration for this fragrance came from.

It is about the so-called Silk Road, which was a road (or road network) for caravans transporting precious goods between the Mediterranean and the East, especially between China and Arabia. Silk was the main product traded, hence the name of the street. Of course there were a lot of other luxury products like rare spices, precious metals, woods, oud, tea and flowers like roses. Since the fragrance was inspired by this street, some of the goods traded at that time are also available as fragrances in this fragrance.

Oh and "epic" also has a different meaning in the roleplaying world than "epic". It stands for superior and rare items that have many magical properties or enchantments... but since this goes back to the nerdy and I don't want to annoy you with further details for once, I'd rather not tell you further and say instead that you should let yourself be enchanted by this scent when I'm talking about enchantments :D

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with spices that smell good, but I could have done without the cross agent. Well, but there are a lot of other beautiful scents that make the scent beautiful and make you almost forget the cumin. There is for example a nice tea note, which can be smelled soon and which, of course, I like :)
I also smell light, sweet notes of jasmine (I don't smell the cinnamon), a light peppery note and flowery roses.
Not long, and the spices become a little softer, the cumin hardly smells you then really, which particularly pleases me thus.
The middle part of the fragrance is basically like the beginning, only that some scents become weaker or stronger. As mentioned, the spices become softer, but can still be smelt well. The tea is now a little better to smell, and while it seemed like green tea to me at the beginning, it smells more like black tea to me now, well, a little spicier than perhaps, which is due to the spices here. Also the roses can now be sniffed out better, which makes the fragrance even more oriental. New, however, are the resinous fragrances, especially the incense, which becomes more and more intense and smells really great.
A little later the spices will fade away a little more, which makes the fragrance even softer, especially with the aforementioned resinous incense. Roses are still present, the tea weakens a little and the sweetness of the fragrance is now a mix of jasmine and amber, where the amber becomes stronger in the course of time and the jasmine gradually fades away. Then I also smell woods, namely the gentle, beautiful scent of guaiac wood, which in my opinion has a slightly more beautiful scent than cedar, for example, as well as oud, which in this scent is almost untypical for Amouage but rather weak. The later base is more resinous-woody and sweetish by the amber.
All in all, Epic Woman is an excellent and beautiful fragrance that is definitely worth testing.

Sillage and the shelf life:

The Sillage is strong, the scent is good to smell. But in general it seemed to me as if this Amouage was a little bit weaker than most Amouage fragrances... well, that's not bad, because the Sillage is still good!
The shelf life is, as already expected, quite good, so that the fragrance loosely lasts more than twelve hours.

The bottle:*
The jade green bottle is rectangular and slightly bloated. On the sides, it looks as if it has been slightly pressed in. On the front you can see as usual the elaborate and gold-plated Amouage logo, the fragrance name can also be seen on the gold-plated neck. The lid has a typical oriental design and therefore looks exotic. It has also been gold-plated and has a green Swarovski stone at its tip. A very nice bottle with a great color.

So, hm... so I think that the fragrance smells exactly like you can imagine the goods from the Silk Road, which served as inspiration for this fragrance. Spices, tea, roses, everything that was transported at that time is available, at least everything that could be processed into a fragrance. I myself would have called the name of the fragrance different (for example Silk Woman, silk for silk and silk for the Silk Road), but well. I think it's nice that the fragrance undergoes a great fragrance development and changes from strong spicy to soft resinous, so that you find a nice and varied fragrance in every phase of the fragrance.

The fragrance smells wonderful and in my opinion can be used very well in autumn and winter (actually even in spring) both during the day and in the evening. Therefore I would definitely recommend to try the scent!

And that brings me to the end, of course I could write something about roleplaying games and related "epic objects", but I don't want to be like that and wish you a nice evening :)
Love at second glance
When I first tested it, I thought that I would never call this fragrance my own. Way too loud and pompous with a Monster Sillage. I was wondering where you could wear something like that.
So I copied him and dedicated myself to other fragrances.
About a year later I had a little more "taster experience" and dared to approach him again. I tested it every day for a week, yeah, even at work :-D
And I have to say, it's true love.
According to the motto: what lasts long will finally be good.
I love that scent, I've never smelled anything like it.
For me it is a deep, dark and earthy scent which nevertheless has a certain freshness and becomes more and more beautiful and softer from hour to hour. Still clearly perceptible after 8 hours.
Really with memoir and loukhoum my dearest treasure among my scents.
It's worth every cent! :)

Special
It gives me the impression of a unisex fragrance, it is a good fragrance, not my favourite Amouage, which is Honour followed by memoir and lyric, but good nevertheless, I wear it not often but once and a while I do.. It depends of my mood and urge...I have this urges for fragrances like I have for food

Update.

I wear it today and iT really bothers me....it is not for me ,certainly not today

6 months later
Wear Epic today ( wanted to try again) and iT even smells good on me , i wonder what is wrong with me...

Epic is epic :)
The rose came out first and I loved it (and I'm picky about rose scents), then the other florals became apparent. They blended so well I could not say that any one dominated, except possibly the wonderful rose. The cumin and cinnamon balance with the flowers like yin/yang; the incense/smoke aura grounded the whole flower/spice party. This is FBW.

An Oud for Me!
Several years ago, oud fever began spreading like wildfire across the perfume blogs and boards, and like so many others, I was captivated. "Noble rot" they called it, and the tales of how it was harvested and the way it was used in the Middle and Far East made agarwood sound so esoteric and totally covetable that I couldn't resist trying some. Thus, I ordered a bunch of samples from Montale, the only house that was using oud on a large scale at the time.

Sadly, my oud testing spree did not go well. The Montale fragrances were without a doubt different from anything I had ever experienced and certainly interesting perfumes. However, I found myself feeling unsettled and borderline anxious whenever I wore them. I eventually figured out that the medicinal, Bactine-like aspect of Montale's oud was reminding me of hospitals, sickness, injury and other unpleasant stuff. "No oud for you!" I thought to myself. Enter Amouage Epic Woman, which I tested on a whim without even knowing that it contained the dreaded oud.

Agarwood (or an aromachemical meant to represent it) is present in Epic Woman from top notes to drydown, but unlike in other settings, the oud here is mellow, a bit sweet and plays well with the other notes. The noble rot descriptor fits perfectly, as the wood has a round, honeyed quality that gives the impression of careful ageing without the medicinal odor. This beautiful note provides the backdrop against which the rest of the fragrance unfolds, at all times enhancing rather than upstaging the other components. Spices, including caraway, pepper and cinnamon abound in Epic, and they have a remarkably fresh quality suggestive of crushing the pods and seeds under a rolling pin as opposed to the dry, musty/stale character found in some spice-laden fragrances. Allegedly, there is a Damascus rose at the heart of Epic Woman, but the floral that I'm able to detect is more of a jam or a liqueur than a natural rose, and all the darker and more rich for it.

Epic Woman's base notes include a creamy, buttery note reminiscent of the one featured in Fracas, as well as the magical silver Frankincense that characterizes most of the Amouage line. Although sandalwood is listed, I can't smell any nasty Polysantol, only an earthy whiff after a few hours of what I assume must be Gaiac wood. The sillage and longevity of this perfume are appropriately epic, as they ought to be for the price. Speaking of which, if loving this expensive juice means a month of eating Ramen in a styrofoam container instead of a proper and civilized lunch, I consider it well worth the sacrifice.

Michali
A rich woman in a fur coat
My husband loves it.
He sees a rich woman in a fur coat.
It projects money he says.
Money that comes in the family through generations.
So, class and sensuality..
Now he makes me feel like getting my self a decant at list.

I have tried it in the heat of the summer and did not like it
but now, in winter its wonderful. It seems
like the colder it gets the better is the perfume.

A Big Caraway-tinged Patchouli Perfume
I am delighted to be able to affirm that EPIC WOMAN really is an oriental perfume—and a nice one at that! This composition boasts a big dose of patchouli, for better or for worse. For this nose, it’s definitely for the better, serving as it does to impart the thick richness I look for in and have come even to expect from oriental perfumes. The patchouli here is chewy and clean, not dark and skanky at all, but let the prospective wearer beware: this is essentially a patchouli perfume. The other oriental notes, including pepper, cumin, frankincense, and cinnamon, are all very light complements to the focal note: patchouli. The florals, too, serve to accent the patchouli, not the other way around.

On my skin, EPIC WOMAN does not comprise chapters but is a relatively linear composition. I like it a lot and would welcome with open wrists a gift of this perfume from a benefactor—whether anonymous or not! I recommend EPIC WOMAN to all and only patchouli lovers whose perfume budget permits such a fragrance, as they say, “rich in splendor and sophistication…made for the most special luxurious occasion.”

As for everyone else, the cost is so prohibitive that you might consider investing your hard-earned cash in the purchase of ten recent patchouli perfumes scent unsniffed. There’s certainly no dearth, and you’re bound to find a couple that work…

update: in a subsequent wear, I have confirmed that the caraway is a bit strong for my tastes, which is why I have rated EPIC only at 70%, diverging a bit from some of my perfume pals. ;-)

CatarinaCatarina 12 months ago
This is a truly epic sweet perfume with lots of spices, a bit of rose and oud, and a bowl of incense. Fall and Spring are ok besides Winter.
NinechatNinechat 2 years ago
Creamy, spicey, green, sweet.

by Lasisa
by LadyViolet
by Zoltan76
by Zoltan76

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage