Honour Woman 2011 Eau de Parfum

Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage
Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCorianderCoriander
PepperPepper
RhubarbRhubarb
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardeniaGardenia
CarnationCarnation
JasmineJasmine
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
TuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
LeatherLeather
OpoponaxOpoponax
VetiverVetiver
FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.10.2021.

Clear, Fresh, Feminine
I love most Amouage fragrances because they have a very clean and elegant line. Yes, they are already "Damenhaft" but modern Damenhaft and especially very light.
The fragrance Honour is currently my daily companion. He gives me every time a certain clarity in the head, alignment in everyday life and in the dry down he is warm, smooth and conjures a certain security.
The fragrances have a high-quality and long-lasting quality that Amouage delivers again and again.

Jas0N
At the beginning unround, at the end authentically beautiful
Yes, I know it says "woman" above. Yes, I also recognize the female symbol. And no, I don't mind the fact that I like to wear a more feminine touch with my polo shirts sometimes. Quite the opposite, in fact. When I received this and some more fragrance samples in a swap (THANKS to the dear Parfuma at this point), my explicit wish was that, if possible, there should be many fragrances that tend to be feminine.
I rummage around very gladly in all scent areas and wear also gladly to change - according to prevailing opinion present definition - feminine scents. Because quite honestly: If you like the fragrances on women anyway, why not just wear them yourself?

I actually have a good relationship with Amouage, although this can be described more as a short liaison. I like to wear them, but usually only very irregularly and in temporally longer intervals from each other. Mostly leave me the flacons also again briskly and me is enough a filling.
Nevertheless, I like the brand very well. It has very complex as well as thoroughly simple, linear fragrance concepts in their repertoire.

Honour Woman has the odd twist, didn't always sit well with me and even annoyed me at times. At the end of the performance, however, this is a really great fragrance.

The beginning I find even after some "test" annoying, unround, just not hamonierend. I have described it in my statement as a catfight and I want to stick to that. Tuberose and gardenia don't quite know what they are supposed to do together in the still quite early hours of the perfume. Immediately I have to fight again and again with pepper, which I see already in the food not too gladly / like.
As soon as this combination is something and the fragrance progresses in its development it becomes more pleasant. I now perceive jasmine and lily of the valley, the association "white flowers" I sign. It becomes softer, a very harmonious picture surrounds me. Again and again garden carnation blows through my olfactory center. The fragrance now clearly plays out its strengths and knows, despite my opinion of difficult start, to convince.
The previous speaker spoke of a simultaneously warm and fresh charisma. This I can share. I also perceive amber in the finish and think that this is due to this. This deliberate combination of fresh but also warm flair, I feel anyway as a very exciting interpretation. I know the same from Enigma. Although a completely different direction fragrance, also combines this perfume the strength to create a fresh as well as warm impression.

The durability was surprisingly good, he has kept with me almost 10 hours. A little more power to the outside I would have liked, but so he is a quiet, authentic, introverted fragrance. Elegant is probably the right keyword here.

I can only repeat myself: Yes, it is a fragrance assigned to the category "woman". Nevertheless, I wear this myself from time to time quite gladly!
Oriental Spring
Since I'm currently in the USA, I've taken out a subscription to Scentbird as a perfume lover. Scentbird is a subscription service that delivers 8ml of perfume of choice for $15 each month in a nebulizer and a nice velvet pouch. That's how I got to enjoy Honour Woman by Amouage. The scents made me very curious, as I really like white flowers and rhubarb sounded very special. Whether there is such a similar service in Germany, I do not know.

About the fragrance: The scent begins with a mélange of fresh rhubarb and white flowers, which smells very pleasant and lets me take a deep breath. With time, the rhubarb recedes into the background and lets the white flowers take over. No single note can be detected. Tuberose does not dominate, and I like that because I am not a fan of dominant tuberose. I see a beautiful bouquet of tuberose, jasmine, lily of the valley, carnation and gardenia. The white flowers are soft and gentle. With time, the fragrance becomes creamier and creamier, but at the same time remains fresh and warm. I think the warmth comes from the amber, incense gives the fragrance an oriental touch. I can't perceive leather, but I don't mind that. All in all a beautifully rounded scent. I think Honor Woman seems noble, elegant and ladylike. It fits perfectly into the spring, like a gentle breeze it comes along. For a high-end perfume, I'd like it to last longer. With me it lasts about 4 hours, then it is only noticeable if you hold your nose close to the sprayed area. Nevertheless a successful fragrance, which I wear every day since I received it.

Occasion: In my opinion, this fragrance is suitable for every day, for both general and sophisticated occasions. It suits every woman who wants to leave an elegant impression.

I think that says it all to Honour Woman. All in all, this scent has also made me curious about other Amouages.
HappyNature
White flowers in the snow
Yesterday came my 3rd Amouage .
Together with a body lotion, in a beautiful heavy and high quality lacquered wooden box,
After poetry and Epic now a completely different fragrance from Oman.
In the hot, never-ending summer of 2018, I and my husband went on a little shopping spree in an air-conditioned Swiss shopping temple.
Our way also led us to one of the perfumeries and to my surprise and joy I discovered there a number of Amouage Falcons on the shelf.
Besides Beach Hut and Ciel , Honour was also on my watchlist and without a long test with a paper strip, Honour landed directly on my left arm.
Today I don't remember which of the other fragrances I sprayed on my right arm and who I had to put on the paper strip, because the other two faded and went directly offside in comparison with Honour.
At first I did not notice anything of the coriander and pepper listed in the pyramid. I was immediately surrounded by tuberose and other flowers. I took rhubarb when freshness was, jasmine, the lily of the valley in a round composition, without which one of the flowers took over strongly, or stood out particularly.
And then leather. very soft, a light, soft leather, very discreet incense.
The whole fragrance is light, floral and spicy. Not pushy, not annoying. Just beautiful.

Yesterday came my longed-for Falcon and since we now have January and tons of snow a completely different situation than in the hot summer.
I wanted the fragrance for the coming spring summer, but of course I couldn't wait and applied it directly yesterday.
On then I grabbed my dogs and we took a long snow walk, in the snow-covered forest and over the snow-covered white fields, along a brook.
Honour matched this mood like hardly anything else. That's white in front of your eyes and white scents in your nose.
Incredibly beautiful.
Rosie88
Dance of blossoms in the wind
I discovered Honour by chance:
on my foray through the city, looking for great scents, I saw Honour standing on the shelf... quite inconspicuous in his white dress he stood there...
Before I could grab Honour the saleswoman came and sprayed Honour right on my wrist:

....A warm summer day, I walk in my white summer dress and the white leather ballerinas along the shore of a clear mountain lake...

the wind blows strongly through my hair... The sun warms my skin, you can smell it...

The lush green that surrounds the mountain lake is only easily perceptible...and only when the wind gives its best...

Then, it rains white flowers... hundreds, no thousands...!

Plus the warm summer wind that blows the blossoms into my dishevelled hair...

I dance with the delicate flowers in the warm summer wind, all day long, until the wind says goodbye and the flowers slowly slide to the ground...

..It was my honor

SuzanneS
Such a beautiful watery white floral
From the first spray- this was a love.

Its gentle white floral are like blossoms floating down a river where dreams and wishes are made. Its aquatic freshness- is perfection.

I live in a hot climate, and white florals can lean heavy in such areas. Honour is a perfect, elegant cooling white floral antidote to the unrelenting heat. The delicate, clean approach won my heart instantly.

One of my favourites
I love this fragrance, It is so fresh light but very present I feel good when I smell it on myself, I had bought 3 times a decant of 5ml. It became one off my drugs, so now I have bought a 100 ml bottle. I am very pleased, I think it's gonna be like poison a fragrance that I always will and want to have. It is the opposite of poison, yes, but nevertheless this fragrance enchants me also a lot.

Blissfully Beautiful
As an Amouage fan, I was thrilled to receive a sample of Honour Woman from the lovely Cryptic. I had mentioned that I'd never tested it before and knowing what a Tuberose junkie I am she sent one along … a million thanks Cryptic!!

When approaching Amouage, one must realize that this is not a regular Arabic house peddling Ouds and Musk. Amouage must be to perfume what Cristalle is to champagne … expensive, quite nouveau riche and more than a little bit flash! These are not negatives, just observations … because housed in these bottles are some of the most remarkable elixirs out there, Honour Woman being a case in point.

This fragrance falls into the category of post 90's Tuberoses … those of the 'sparkling and effervescent' variety so different to classics like Fracas, Blonde and Carolina Herrera. It keeps company with modern gems like Michael Kors, Carnal Flower and Gaultier's Fragile, but far outstrips any of those in quality. This is quite a big statement from me … a confirmed Carnal Flower devotee. It is, however, the honest truth.
The Tuberose in Honour Woman is plump and beautiful … like looking down at clouds from a plane's window. This is a white floral par excellence … beautifully rounded Jasmine, exquisitely controlled Lily of the Valley and creamy Gardenia all faithfully supporting a Tuberose in full, narcotic bloom.
The base of resins is simply wonderful with the leather imparting a luxurious air and the Amber a hint of vanillic sweetness. Too many late white florals emphasize an unnecessary sweetness … this one does not. Honour Woman doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is … a beautiful, modern, stylized white floral.

I am one of the masculine persuasion that would wear this without a care in the world. Having said that, Honour Woman is sumptuously feminine … but I'm not going to let that stop me. Next time I fly via Dubai, this is going in the shopping basket, whether I need to sell a kidney or not!!

Soft and Creamy Tuberose
I was planning to embark upon my "Tons of Tuberose" journey tonight, when I noticed how skimpy my sample of Amouage HONOUR WOMAN was--from an emporium which I generally find to be generous. Perhaps my SA "did the math" and determined that for price I was paying for a sample of this überexpensive perfume I only deserved a fraction of a vial? Well, anyway, I decided to give it a try, in keeping with my ongoing effort not to let worthy perfumes evaporate away before I get a chance to test them!

I was needless to say surprised to find that, in fact, the dominant floral note in HONOUR WOMAN happens, coincidentally, to be tuberose. It is creamy and rich, with the texture of something like marshmallow creme. That is NOT to say that this perfume is sweet: it is not. But the texture reminds me of marshmallow creme. I happen to live in the municipality of Somerville, where a fairly famous marshmallow creme named "Fluff" had its humble origins. Still today mothers appear to argue whether a Fluff and peanut butter sandwich constitutes a proper lunch or a dessert. But I digress...

Smooth, silken, and voluptuous, HONOUR WOMAN is a tuberose composition after my heart. It is less full of itself than the ultimate diva tuberose, Robert Piguet FRACAS, but it is beautiful in its own, more reserved way. I believe that the opoponax and frankincense may be contributing to produce this rich, buttery texture, a substance which really could be spread on bread, metaphorically speaking. Or maybe this creation is better likened to the pile of white feathers produced by a down comforter of mine which sprung a leak at one point, filling an entire sofa and the floor around it with light airy feathers.

Amouage HONOUR WOMAN is a seductive perfume for all and only true lovers of tuberose. I would love to have a bottle of this!

A blasé white floral
Amouage Honour's beautiful, white and gold bottle and its white floral description had me intrigued from the very word go. I was expecting the world I guess you could say, especially due to it being a fragrance from one of the most expensive niche brands on the market.

What I smelt was nice, but mediocre at best. This is nothing like the strong, sillage monsters that Amouage is usually known for. Honour is subdued and pure, nothing overtly daring or bold about this fragrance whatsoever.

The gardenia and tuberose in Honour are creamy and natural smelling, with a subtle butteriness, which reminds me of a quieter and less complex version of Fracas. I don't mind this blend, particularly the opening, which settles rather pleasantly on the skin despite its quiet nature.

In the heart, I found what many other reviewers found, a slightly disturbing aquatic note, which tends to smell a bit like melon. The composition took on a fresher feel, suggesting that Honour may be more suitable for warmer weather, then suddenly pepper hits you in face, shortly followed by dry vetiver that certainly adds some complexity, but I can't say that it blends too well with the creamy white florals.

Amouage Honour could go both ways. You'll either love it or hate it. I don't have a strong dislike for it, but I don't enjoy the way it wears it on my skin. It smelt a little too generic and plain for my liking, and I was disappointed that I didn't get to smell more of the rhubarb and carnation.

The drydown is rather dusty smelling on my skin. I like its concept, being loosely based on the highly emotional opera, Madama Butterfly, yet I don't feel any of that emotion being portrayed on my skin nor from the bottle. The longevity is good, yet as I mentioned previously, the sillage is kind of weak.

JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
A masterpiece bouquet of white flowers.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
A complex dense flowery mix with distinctive gardenia, slightly tangy green and diffuse (light milky) background spiciness.

Just married.... :-) hahaha
by Parfümliebe
by Parfumax
by Parfumax

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Interlude 53 by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage