Honour Woman (2011) Eau de Parfum

Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage

Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Top Notes Top NotesCoriander, Pepper, Rhubarb
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Carnation, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Leather, Opoponax, Vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.10.2019

9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

HappyNature
White flowers in the snow
Yesterday came my 3rd Amouage .
Together with a body lotion, in a beautiful heavy and high quality lacquered wooden box,
After poetry and Epic now a completely different fragrance from Oman.
In the hot, never-ending summer of 2018, I and my husband went on a little shopping spree in an air-conditioned Swiss shopping temple.
Our way also led us to one of the perfumeries and to my surprise and joy I discovered there a number of Amouage Falcons on the shelf.
Besides Beach Hut and Ciel , Honour was also on my watchlist and without a long test with a paper strip, Honour landed directly on my left arm.
Today I don't remember which of the other fragrances I sprayed on my right arm and who I had to put on the paper strip, because the other two faded and went directly offside in comparison with Honour.
At first I did not notice anything of the coriander and pepper listed in the pyramid. I was immediately surrounded by tuberose and other flowers. I took rhubarb when freshness was, jasmine, the lily of the valley in a round composition, without which one of the flowers took over strongly, or stood out particularly.
And then leather. very soft, a light, soft leather, very discreet incense.
The whole fragrance is light, floral and spicy. Not pushy, not annoying. Just beautiful.

Yesterday came my longed-for Falcon and since we now have January and tons of snow a completely different situation than in the hot summer.
I wanted the fragrance for the coming spring summer, but of course I couldn't wait and applied it directly yesterday.
On then I grabbed my dogs and we took a long snow walk, in the snow-covered forest and over the snow-covered white fields, along a brook.
Honour matched this mood like hardly anything else. That's white in front of your eyes and white scents in your nose.
Incredibly beautiful.
9.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

Rosie88
Dance of blossoms in the wind
I discovered Honour by chance:
on my foray through the city, looking for great scents, I saw Honour standing on the shelf... quite inconspicuous in his white dress he stood there...
Before I could grab Honour the saleswoman came and sprayed Honour right on my wrist:

....A warm summer day, I walk in my white summer dress and the white leather ballerinas along the shore of a clear mountain lake...

the wind blows strongly through my hair... The sun warms my skin, you can smell it...

The lush green that surrounds the mountain lake is only easily perceptible...and only when the wind gives its best...

Then, it rains white flowers... hundreds, no thousands...!

Plus the warm summer wind that blows the blossoms into my dishevelled hair...

I dance with the delicate flowers in the warm summer wind, all day long, until the wind says goodbye and the flowers slowly slide to the ground...

..It was my honor
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.5/10

SuzanneS
Such a beautiful watery white floral
From the first spray- this was a love.

Its gentle white floral are like blossoms floating down a river where dreams and wishes are made. Its aquatic freshness- is perfection.

I live in a hot climate, and white florals can lean heavy in such areas. Honour is a perfect, elegant cooling white floral antidote to the unrelenting heat. The delicate, clean approach won my heart instantly.
8.0 6.0 8.0 9.0/10

One of my favourites
I love this fragrance, It is so fresh light but very present I feel good when I smell it on myself, I had bought 3 times a decant of 5ml. It became one off my drugs, so now I have bought a 100 ml bottle. I am very pleased, I think it's gonna be like poison a fragrance that I always will and want to have. It is the opposite of poison, yes, but nevertheless this fragrance enchants me also a lot.
10.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Blissfully Beautiful
As an Amouage fan, I was thrilled to receive a sample of Honour Woman from the lovely Cryptic. I had mentioned that I'd never tested it before and knowing what a Tuberose junkie I am she sent one along … a million thanks Cryptic!!

When approaching Amouage, one must realize that this is not a regular Arabic house peddling Ouds and Musk. Amouage must be to perfume what Cristalle is to champagne … expensive, quite nouveau riche and more than a little bit flash! These are not negatives, just observations … because housed in these bottles are some of the most remarkable elixirs out there, Honour Woman being a case in point.

This fragrance falls into the category of post 90's Tuberoses … those of the 'sparkling and effervescent' variety so different to classics like Fracas, Blonde and Carolina Herrera. It keeps company with modern gems like Michael Kors, Carnal Flower and Gaultier's Fragile, but far outstrips any of those in quality. This is quite a big statement from me … a confirmed Carnal Flower devotee. It is, however, the honest truth.
The Tuberose in Honour Woman is plump and beautiful … like looking down at clouds from a plane's window. This is a white floral par excellence … beautifully rounded Jasmine, exquisitely controlled Lily of the Valley and creamy Gardenia all faithfully supporting a Tuberose in full, narcotic bloom.
The base of resins is simply wonderful with the leather imparting a luxurious air and the Amber a hint of vanillic sweetness. Too many late white florals emphasize an unnecessary sweetness … this one does not. Honour Woman doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is … a beautiful, modern, stylized white floral.

I am one of the masculine persuasion that would wear this without a care in the world. Having said that, Honour Woman is sumptuously feminine … but I'm not going to let that stop me. Next time I fly via Dubai, this is going in the shopping basket, whether I need to sell a kidney or not!!
7.5 10.0 8.0/10

Soft and Creamy Tuberose
I was planning to embark upon my "Tons of Tuberose" journey tonight, when I noticed how skimpy my sample of Amouage HONOUR WOMAN was--from an emporium which I generally find to be generous. Perhaps my SA "did the math" and determined that for price I was paying for a sample of this überexpensive perfume I only deserved a fraction of a vial? Well, anyway, I decided to give it a try, in keeping with my ongoing effort not to let worthy perfumes evaporate away before I get a chance to test them!

I was needless to say surprised to find that, in fact, the dominant floral note in HONOUR WOMAN happens, coincidentally, to be tuberose. It is creamy and rich, with the texture of something like marshmallow creme. That is NOT to say that this perfume is sweet: it is not. But the texture reminds me of marshmallow creme. I happen to live in the municipality of Somerville, where a fairly famous marshmallow creme named "Fluff" had its humble origins. Still today mothers appear to argue whether a Fluff and peanut butter sandwich constitutes a proper lunch or a dessert. But I digress...

Smooth, silken, and voluptuous, HONOUR WOMAN is a tuberose composition after my heart. It is less full of itself than the ultimate diva tuberose, Robert Piguet FRACAS, but it is beautiful in its own, more reserved way. I believe that the opoponax and frankincense may be contributing to produce this rich, buttery texture, a substance which really could be spread on bread, metaphorically speaking. Or maybe this creation is better likened to the pile of white feathers produced by a down comforter of mine which sprung a leak at one point, filling an entire sofa and the floor around it with light airy feathers.

Amouage HONOUR WOMAN is a seductive perfume for all and only true lovers of tuberose. I would love to have a bottle of this!
10.0 5.0 7.5 5.0/10

A blasé white floral
Amouage Honour's beautiful, white and gold bottle and its white floral description had me intrigued from the very word go. I was expecting the world I guess you could say, especially due to it being a fragrance from one of the most expensive niche brands on the market.

What I smelt was nice, but mediocre at best. This is nothing like the strong, sillage monsters that Amouage is usually known for. Honour is subdued and pure, nothing overtly daring or bold about this fragrance whatsoever.

The gardenia and tuberose in Honour are creamy and natural smelling, with a subtle butteriness, which reminds me of a quieter and less complex version of Fracas. I don't mind this blend, particularly the opening, which settles rather pleasantly on the skin despite its quiet nature.

In the heart, I found what many other reviewers found, a slightly disturbing aquatic note, which tends to smell a bit like melon. The composition took on a fresher feel, suggesting that Honour may be more suitable for warmer weather, then suddenly pepper hits you in face, shortly followed by dry vetiver that certainly adds some complexity, but I can't say that it blends too well with the creamy white florals.

Amouage Honour could go both ways. You'll either love it or hate it. I don't have a strong dislike for it, but I don't enjoy the way it wears it on my skin. It smelt a little too generic and plain for my liking, and I was disappointed that I didn't get to smell more of the rhubarb and carnation.

The drydown is rather dusty smelling on my skin. I like its concept, being loosely based on the highly emotional opera, Madama Butterfly, yet I don't feel any of that emotion being portrayed on my skin nor from the bottle. The longevity is good, yet as I mentioned previously, the sillage is kind of weak.
7.5 10.0 9.0/10

My Top Tuberose
When I heard that Amouage was launching a white floral, I was afraid that Honour would be something like Amarige on steroids: loud and proud and way too big for my liking. Also, I was a bit confused by the fact that the fragrance was inspired by the Con Onor Muore (To Die With Honor) aria from Madame Butterfly. Huh??? Ever since seeing the movie Fatal Attraction, I've associated that aria with a crazy woman sitting on the floor and flicking the lights on and off whilst listening to loud opera. At the very least, I was expecting Honour to be somewhat melancholy a la Mitsouko based on the inspiration material.

Imagine my surprise when Honour turned out to be soft and stunningly beautiful in a totally understated way. I've never come across a more heavenly combination of gardenia, tuberose, jasmine and lily of the valley in my perfume travels, and since acquiring it, Honour has become my most-complimented fragrance. The tuberose in Honour has been tweaked to eliminate the more in-your-face aspects that make Fracas difficult to wear, at least for me. Unlike Carnal Flower, Honour aims for a cinematic white floral as opposed to an accurate representation of a single flower.

In addition to the gorgeous white flowers, Honour features some rhubarb in the top notes that lends a fresh green feeling, as well as vetiver and incense in the base notes which make for a lovely drydown. Sillage is moderate and longevity is excellent. Warning: Honour contains a rogue note that has been variously described as aquatic, melon and pond water. If you find that sort of marine note revolting, you probably should give Honour a pass.

Tropical from Oman
Sits somehow comfortably in its own world between the 'proper' white floral and the tropical floral. Captures the best of both and completely draws me in.

JoaoMartins 13 months ago
A masterpiece bouquet of white flowers.+1
10.0
9.0
Lexa 24 months ago
Huge creamy bouquet of white flowers ,very rich and beautiful,where the tuberose and gardenia are top stars,without being obtrusive. Like!+2
Hermesh 4 years ago
A complex dense flowery mix with distinctive gardenia, slightly tangy green and diffuse (light milky) background spiciness.+3
9.0

by Unchaned
by Parfümliebe
by Parfümliebe

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Ciel Woman by Amouage Gold Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Gold Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Fate Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage