Imitation Man 2018

Imitation Man by Amouage
Imitation Man is a perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-leathery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCitronCitron
LeatherLeather
VetiverVetiver
PatchouliPatchouli
CastoreumCastoreum

Submitted by Amourage, last update on 25.10.2021.

MrLawman
A leather that wants to be a suede
Looking at descriptions of this perfume, I expected a heavy leather with loads of nuances due the extensive use of woody notes and powderyness. Imitation Man, however, to my nose leans more towards suede than a true leather.

Note breakdown-wise: suede-like leather first, powderyness sevond, woody and floral notes (violet) on a shared third spot. Its very appealing and alluring.

If you use true leather scents like Tuscan or Ombre leather as your go to black leather jacket perfume, Imitaton Man may very well be your daily driver. The violet tones the edges of the leather down (or better said: it turns the leather into a suede), which provides us a more mass appealing perfume. The rose, orris and myrrh do play a major role in achieving that goal.

Performance, sillage and projection: above average, typical Amouage fashion.

Price: okay, not too bad

Bottle worthy: I would say so, due to its complexity. Dare I say: grab it while you can cuz this one looks like a reformulation prone...
Is it love?!
Amouage.... my first, and not my last.
But I must admit, when I read the ingredients, I took to first distance. But I really wanted to sniff these combinations live.
All the reviews and comments resulted in a rise in curiosity for me. Just also what some do not like. If someone describes a fragrance very well why He does not like, this can be more helpful as all the positive comments... ^^
This fragrance is one that I have given a lot of time, because He is in its heart and base notes something very special for me.
This Wässerchen fetches me on the way to total relaxation ... everything appears Satisfied and Serene. He is after 6-8 hrs very subtle still but absolutely pleasantly perceptible, but then the flower meadow is gone and sleeps, The base then takes over and gives you the perfect evening.
A so "delicate" fragrance I have and had never, but as I said.... He comes for me only with time...and very Balanced.

Mfg
One original
The latest from Amouage is a treasure. A purple appearance, European, with Arab wind. Violets kiss light leather. On the first sniffer a little crazy and confused, but very quickly he finds himself. The name does not sound very original, but the fragrance is unique and different. A tip for everyone. Except violet opponents. Certainly not to everyone's taste, but he has charm and character. Testing is worthwhile and expands the horizon.

Violet pastilles in a bright, expensive women's leather handbag - this is how this "imitation" smells to me. A special fragrance for the transitional seasons, especially autumn. The fact that myrrh and iris also play light roles plays into the cards for my taste makes the scent more powdery and unisexual. Nevertheless, he remains clearly masculine somehow. Soft and powerful at the same time. It unites Europe and the Orient, consistently continues Amouage's chosen path. Even if not everyone likes it and the comparison to the old hits as "Interlude Man" limps. He's beautiful, though. Especially for the lollipops.

Flacon: no Amouage in hand for a long time... always sublime.
Sillage: stays with you most of the time. Without being too quiet. For Amouage really discreet.
Durability: 9 hours it turns its rounds

Conclusion: anything but a copy, a forgery, an imitation - a leathery violet flatterer, new and yet typically Amouage. A hit for me. Unless you have bad memories of the famous pastilles...
Sanji
Very good fragrance but nothing for me
For me, the fragrance itself is very good, smells very masculine and unique. The Sillage is enormous, durability good. But for my taste it smells a bit too masculine and I don't think it would go down very well with the people around me. For me, the fragrance deserves a higher rating than 7.2.

Imitation man
Starts for 1st 10 minutes as a juicy pear followed up by a chypre kind of suede and a pinch of leather.Amouage knows how make a fragrance lasts and this one is an all year around winner. I paid 310 retail and don't regret it at all. Nothing similar to this on marker that s for sure. Hey fragheads, get this one, it's worth every scent. A bottle will last you 2 years
Hm, I know that one...
It started out like Bracken Man, except the grass was turning into hay.
Then something creeps in that I know well by now, but I don't really get warm with it...
And after 2 hours I had it: Betrand Douchaufours flacon of the Project Renegades.

And after another hour: like the more harmless version of MiN New York's "Coda".

So finally a bit disappointed, because I liked you last Amouages much better, because more striking and more "bum"

AhbenzoubaAhbenzouba 6 days ago
For Autumn and sprig
StaticStatic 6 months ago
À signature scent. Luxury in a bottle!!
Omid73Omid73 1 year ago
masterpiece suitable for spring.....
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
It's manly, pleasant, performant, unique... and yet it has a funny vibe of layering Dior Homme with Bentley por Homme(!?!). At least try it!

Studio 54
by Royalo
by Omid2am
by Omid2am

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Interlude 53 by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage