Interlude Man 2012

Interlude Man by Amouage
Interlude Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2012. The scent is smoky-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Pierre Negrin

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Oregano, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Opoponax, Frankincense, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.01.2021.

Jannik200999
A sheep in wolf's clothing
The blue beast, strongest perfume ever, unwearable,...
If you search for this fragrance, it does not take long until you also come across the above-mentioned designations. Me but that has not deterred, on the contrary, I wanted to finally test this controversial fragrance itself. So I spontaneously ordered a small filling. The package it was packed in smelled like Interlude from 50cm away. Quite potent, to say the least. Unpacked, sprayed on and yaaaa.... a resinous smoky wall that pulls straight into the brain. So were all those "scare stories" true?
Once you can appreciate the undeniable force of this fragrance, you can look forward to a contemplative Oriental desert journey. The austere top note evolves into a sweet and resinous dream after about 30min. Yes, he continues to be clearly niche, clearly not a typical Crowdpleaser and certainly NO BLINDBUY!
The incense and opoponax notes are omnipresent and have an incredibly contemplative, spiritual and relaxing effect on me. When the sandalwood joins in, I experience one of the best drydowns I know.

If you go only by the durability and sillage, you can perhaps talk about a "beast", because a bottle of this probably outlives its owner itself. He shines all day and all night. The fragrance considered he is certainly not a beast, on the contrary, he is meditative, mysterious, I associate him even with religious.

For me, "Interlude man" is art, and for the known you have to first develop a feeling.

Ptsau
Very Unique! Love it in my collection!
Amouage is one of best quality perfume brands. I tried many of them and found that the scents of this brand are just not my tastes (at least the old ones). I like dark, warm, smoky, woody, cozy, thick and sweet. I am ok with slight touch of floral or fruity but cannot exceed the amount I can tolerate. Oh man, I found most of the Amouage scents either have strong floral or strong citrus/fruity. They smell like lemon or flower scent dish soap poured all over you. They get even worse after the dry down. Especially the Reflection Man is the worst for my taste. I don’t understand the hype of it. Jubilation was ok but too Middle Eastern, which is not my taste. Then the surprise came when I smelled Interlude Man. It was a little too smoky at the beginning but it will soften up in couple minutes. It smell the best in its mid and base notes. I love it (the only old Amouage I love) except the opoponax in the foreground makes it not so wearable but it would softened up and go away in 1-2 hours. My husband loves the scent on himself too but he said it’s a little too masculine on me but I still wear it. I prefer masculine over feminine if I have to choose. The only reason I didn’t rate 10/10 because its performance is not as beastly as I expected. People says it had reformulated and performance had changed. I don’t appreciate the quality of a house is not stable.
Blue Wonder.
Before I write something about this fragrance, I would like to dedicate myself first of all to this eye candy of flacon.
Rarely have I seen such a beautiful bottle. Is of course everything always subjective feeling, because blue is my favorite color. Alone the cap with the stone in the middle and this beautiful deep blue bottle literally screams dominance... really super beautifully done.
10/10.

About the scent :
He starts very spicy and you could think in the first minutes you run through a spice bazaar in the Orient... you close your eyes... feels literally like you are enveloped by 1001 nights and can fall into a bed of mystery. Opoponax and incense are really very strong in the foreground....
Admittedly: For one or the other, this fragrance will be simply unwearable....
But before he starts to slay me with all his power and spice comes this insanely pleasant twist.
Because all of a sudden he gets all sweet and pulls me out of the spice bazaar and takes me to a place where sweet smells enchant me....

Not much needs to be said about the performance. One of the best in the world without exaggeration.
But I have to get rid of a thing at this point: My personal motto has always been "Beast or Bye". If a perfume had no performance, it was immediately uninteresting. But I increasingly notice that this is actually not always good. Sometimes it can act quickly times intrusive or simply become unpleasant ... if you apply a fragrance eg on a jacket and the next day or the day after the jacket still smells so ... it's just too much.
At least for people like us have more than one perfume to choose from..
Because then the mix the scents and I do not find that great.
What do you think? Am there sometimes something indecisive..

Conclusion :
Who wants to spend the necessary change for it, gets a very interesting, außegewöhnlichen fragrance with which one definitely stands out.
I would recommend it to anyone who stands on oriental, spicy fragrances.

Stay healthy you loves !

In this sense : Let's GO !

Mama Mia
I gotta be honest with you. I was a little skeptical about the perfume at first. I thought it was very, very rough and that it smelled mostly like oregano. I associate pizza with oregano. Hence the title. But after wearing it for a little longer, about 1 hour, this note has receded relatively into the background. Now it is a very warm, hearty smoky smell. This smoky note reminds me of the note from By the fireplace. In the meantime the vanilla also comes out better and it becomes more and more a sweet, smoky, tart scent. Very pleasant. You should give this perfume a second chance. Especially when I think about how little I was taken with the first time. Meanwhile I find the perfume almost as good as Reflection Man. It is of course a completely different direction. But I would say that the two fragrances complement each other perfectly from the seasons. Interlude Man Fall and Winter and Reflection Man Spring and Summer, with its fresh, floral, powdery note, similar to Prada l'Homme. Why is this perfume called Interlude? I'd like to know that myself. The only thing I can imagine is the already mentioned reference to the seasons. In any case, I would not recommend this product as a blind purchase. Even if it has convinced me after a long time of testing

Razvanyke
Did not met my expectations
I grew up in a house, in a small town, during the autumn cleaning we would gather leaves and fallen branches and burn them in the back yard, the smoke from that was getting in the clothes and Interlude on clothes smells 100% for me like that, plus extra oregano on top.

After I discovered this world of Niche and special perfumes, mainly due to Corona and more time at home, Interlude Man was really on my radar.

I bought Reflection man which is awesome and few others, but Interlude still was not known to me.
I bought a sample and sprayed it with huge expectations that I will mega like it - well, I don´t.

The smell is very smoky and somehow dark, initially is still tolerable but then the dry oregano is popping out and for me is like a dry oregano field, I can feel almost no other notes.

I sprayed it on a fresh from the wash t-shirt and honestly I then put it back in the washing basket, I am wondering if on the skin smells better but I do not even have interest to try.

Later edit:
I got brave and sprayed it on my skin, it is a different thing and the annoying oregano is muted now, not popping out anymore. The smoky dark scent is there and this could be worn by Dracula if you ask me, I still do not like it but it is not as bad as I thought. Overall scent note: 8
Chizza
Balanced resin mixture with a fine spice note
Well, how do you start a commentary on a frequently commented, well-known and controversially rated fragrance? Does it need my comment at all? Doesn't everybody already know how Interlude Man smells?
I don't want to judge all this, but I would like to classify the fragrance objectively and compare it with Midnight Oud, which is a wonderfully successful dupe and is mentioned again and again.
Interlude doesn't immediately start with that roasted oregano drone and the pimento's pungent appeal as you might expect. Rather, it is as if the fragrance is starting to take off, wanting to recharge itself, because the beginning is still harmless for the first moments, although you feel that there is more to come. The bergamot is given room to unfold. This gives the fragrance these impressive and profound nuances that set it apart from pure spice or incense scents, which initially give it the aura described above.
For comparison, these nuances actually go off Midnight Oud. Likewise, the opoponax is shorter in the copy, it influences the incense less. Without knowledge of Interlude, I would call both negligible, because Midnight Oud is successful.
But now that I know Interlude and the resin of myrrh makes the incense much more diverse, intense and in my eyes more exciting and radiant, I can't help but say that this is the 5% that raises the original one level.
This softness of sweet myrrh combined with the intense resin of incense, this is original, this has style. As time goes by, Interlude Man gradually opens up and also shows us how amber and cistus caress the resins, keep them in shape and seem to ensure the right amount. Fantastic; although rarely the resins combined with oregano are groundbreaking, the fragrance varies diligently and is the opposite of linear. Either way, we are a long way from the incense burners of the churches of this world.
You have to let yourself in on the scent in order to be able to fully grasp it olfactorically. Many people make the mistake and close their minds to the incense without giving the other scents the chance of perception.
A quick word about the base: the base notes are for me nothing more than the foundation on which Interlude was built. None of it stands out, everything supports the spicy and resinous notes in the best possible way. Patchouli you might be able to guess from the slightly earthy notes, oud I don't notice, leather even less.
Interlude is worth its money for me because of its small nuances, its more detailed elaboration if you like to wear such fragrances often and with pleasure. If you only find the fragrance exciting, if you only decide to use it every few months, you are better off with Midnight Oud as a 95% copy, at least in monetary terms. Amouage is a label that offers variety and is successful with several extremes. I would say that whoever likes Journey Man also likes Interlude. Conversely, due to the sharpness of Journey Man, this is not certain, because the allspice is there but not very sharp.
Of course you have to keep in mind: if you do not like intensive resin scents, you are completely wrong here. The scent is loud, intense and demanding. For lovers of such fragrances this is a single pleasure, for others too much. In fact the scent is not perceived by the environment as an intensive "smoke bomb" but as a fragrant scent with various associations ranging from Christmas market to anywhere else.
I, for one, could spend hours on the sofa smelling and sniffing my wrist. If only my wife wouldn't look at me as if I was mentally impaired ;)
NorbertP
A nice powdery oud-leather with awesome longetivity
This has a rather unique powdery creaminess on the "typical" oud-leather scent. It definitely smells expensive Good night out fragrance and best when the weather is not too hot.
Overall very good quality. Recommended.
A friendly blue beast
I was expecting an evil smoke monster that summons the Prince of Darkness. But no way! For me Interlude has a cheerful character. So after the first spraying, my thought was immediately: "Wait a minute...I know that...that's just typical how it smells on a fairground".
Why does it smell like Interlude at a carnival? I'm not sure. This characteristic smell of burnt caramel at folk festivals is probably due to the roasted almonds, the plugfish, the cotton candy, etc., whereas in Interlude it is possibly produced by the combination of oregano/opoponax.
But I cannot smell out differentiated these and the other components mentioned, which of course speaks for a good, round overall composition. In the endlessly long process the whole thing remains linear and loses (the next day) only a little bit of the caramel sweetness, in favor of more woody and smoky aspects.
I can't understand what great philosophy some people interpret into this fragrance, as it smells great and pleasant, but for me it is rather one of the more insignificant Amouages. However, I can subscribe to the technical beast fashion factor. This thing lasts forever and radiates violently. Qualitatively a super perfume, the scent is nice, but not as provocative as I would have hoped. Sure, its penetrance and presence can go to your head in the long run, which makes it tiring to wear it every day and it also fits better into winter because of this radiance.
All the comments and videos that I have combed through before, created an expectation in me that would have fitted in the end to for example Black Amber by Agonist, whom I really felt to be the smoky prince of darkness.
Interlude Man, on the other hand? A cheerful fairground caramel candy with good quality and long shelf life. No more and no less...
Afternoon at the beehive grave of Al Ayn
shimmering heat in the late afternoon, the air stands still.
no tree, no shade.
only the millennia old beehive graves, made of flat stones.
mystic calm.

a citric sweetness, not fresh, more like nectar is in the air.
some incense, quite appropriate to the place.
A touch of vanilla... ...as if a Spanish tourist had felt a touch of CSF 43
a flatterer - almost lulling pleasant ...

Out of nowhere a civet cat suddenly passes by and leaves a splash of Zoologist Civet... a dream combination, which is now complemented by animal notes, the sweetness is lifted to a new level... the evening can come.

MericaPerica
"display window of Amouage"
I still remember very well that cold winter night when i smelled interlude for the first time,it was definitely one of the hardest and ugliest experiences, that night i had tried ELDO Secretions Magnifiques on one left hand and Interlude on the right hand... and smelled them both in the same time.

I remembered Interlude by wild oregano, by that "wild opening,"
In the meantime I have tried some variations on the theme of "Blue Beast", some clones, each one was "worse", "heavier(in bad way)" and "Cheaper".... to me than the "original" was...

Today, 3 years after the first sniff of Interlude, I can only say that this is one of my favorite oriental perfumes... and certainly a favorite fragrance of the Amouage...

I will simply describe it as a maximally complex, high-quality, dark, characteristic and extremely luxurious Arabian fragrance.
This Negrin child is the best-selling Amouage and certainly the most impressive.
For me as well as for many other people Interlude is a "shopwindow" of Amouage" ...
Yes, everything about this fragrance was terrible to me, right now everything is just beautiful....that wild oregano from the opening is an unarticulated natural "punch", unforunatly that part evaporate pretty quick on my skin, quckly goes into a drydown dominated by oud, resins, leather and amber ... Due to the intensity of the dark trees and the resinous, somehow its created a kind of "sweet vibe", otherwise Interlude has nothing tipically sweet in it.
But the final stage is still a sweet woody scent, the smoke effect additionally beautifies the smell, the smoke effect is in from the very beginning and last until the end.
The smell of oud is what fascinates me here, I mean it's SUPERIOR ... it took a long time and I have to smelled a quality oud to be able to reconize the oud in Interlude.
Oud is here made masterfully, one of the best i have ever tried its a really natural and "animalistic"...
All the richness of Interlude come to shine in the spring time, in moderately warm conditions, it is not a perfume for a cold weather!

It is interesting that although the scent is extremely dark full of smoke, leather and animal achords .... the final form is a pure UNISEX perfume ... Also, it is not "beast mode" as some of people says, they obviously didn't smelled a real "beast mode" perfume ...

I would like to know who is the invented the story "Made in Oman is better" totally nosense.
Once i was tested 3 different Interludes, all 3 was "made in oman", all 3 scents were different! (Of course the difference in the smell were minimal)
Now i currently use the UK version, and Its better than any other Interlude that i ever tried....
I smelld the Interlude from many different bottles.
It is much more about the time of maturation of the juice itself than anything else (the same thing is with any other fragrance.)

Thanks for reading.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 13 days ago
Initially citric spicy-earthy, this rather dark and smoky, spicy resinous-sweet Winter fragrance, settles to a dusty earthy-woody base.
TRehfTRehf 5 months ago
Maybe the most oriental fragrance I own. Probably only wear it once a year. Longevity 10h+. Winter only. But gorgeous below -10 degrees C.
SAQIBSAQIB 1 year ago
its cold and I am loving it.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Consider also Interlude Man incense and sweet myrrh interpretations by SA Shaghaf Oud Abyad & AAZ Midnight Oud. All three are outstanding.
BreadyBready 2 years ago
Whoa! Powerful stuff here! 1 spritz is all you need!
GabrielCEGabrielCE 2 years ago
Nice scent but I think there is better, especially since this smells to me like a more incense-heavy johnsons & johnsons baby shampoo. :)
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
The first 10/10/10/10 I gave to a perfume. Absolute dream.
YKemYKem 3 years ago
Very smoky and spicy scent with a hint of sweetness. Extremely oriental and different.
MrFumejunkieMrFumejunkie 3 years ago
you don't wear interlude. interlude wears you. the beast called 'the master choker'. you feel suicidal? wear it in august in a 35c heat.
Rmf1112Rmf1112 4 years ago
Like carrying around a burning stick of the most magnificent incense. Stunning.

by Kovex
by VanAllan
by Jfim88
by Jfim88
by RikR315
amouage - interlude man: beweihräucherung par excellence... ;)
by Felsn
by Zoltan76
by Hordak
by Hordak

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage