Interlude Man (2012)

Interlude Man by Amouage

Interlude Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2012. The scent is smoky-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Pierre Negrin

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Oregano, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Opoponax, Frankincense, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.03.2020.

AbuAx
One of the best perfumes there is ^^
Have from Amouage beside Interlude so far already Reflection, Sunshine and Lyric. But in my opinion the Interlude stands out very much. When it comes to durability, no perfume beats the Interlude. I was able to smell it 3 weeks later on my turtleneck. Also concerning sillage nobody can fool him. When you wear it, people smell you before you even walk in the room. 100%. It should also be mentioned that despite its strength it simply doesn't kill me. That's probably because the ingredients are very natural, hardly man-made. So it's very comfortable to wear. Only when denying, when the scent gets into your nose from time to time, you can feel bad, but you can overlook that. Now we come to the scent itself. Very very resinous and smoky, but with a little touch of "luxury". And the scent gets better and better the longer it lasts. What nobody seems to notice here, but I can smell it clearly, is that it becomes very chocolaty in the dry down. I wouldn't classify him as gourmand because of the opening, but he becomes very gourmand / chocolaty after 5-6 hours. I have seldom experienced such a versatile scent like this. Definitely worth every cent. Very clear 10/10 in all 4 categories.
9.0 10.0 9.0/10

JamesBlond
He who endures Him will be rewarded in the end!
The third Amouage that I was allowed to test and also this one is able to broaden the horizon.

Where Reflection Man still flatters the fan community of Dior Hommes and their somewhat chatty colleagues, Memoir Man heaps up memories and thus builds a bridge between past and present, Interlude Man clearly aims for Niesche.
Whoever wears this is either over 40 or has an ego that is second to none. Unfortunately, neither of these things applies to me. In closed rooms unbearable, in the fresh air one waits anxiously for the horn of the fire brigade and who wants to impress women with it can also bite off his toenails at the table in the restaurant.
So what's going wrong?
When you "ignite" Interlude Man, the cloud of smoke kills all synapses for the first time and the smoky, spicy leather/oud/wood accord will give western cleaners a feeling of burnt wood. Not like a nice campfire but rather pungent like the smell when you engrave something into the wood with a soldering iron.

But!
The whole thing actually lasts longer than most of the headlines I know, at some point there is still time to go and Interlude Man does it like no other.
The incense remains ever present and the pungent wood becomes more and more pleasant to smell until finally after felt 2 to 3 hours a sweetish smell catapults the complete fragrance in a completely new direction The good old pipe.
Who knows the smell of pipes, knows that this has nothing to do with smoking, but with pleasure. Unfortunately, the pipe is a dying pleasure and by the smoking ban in closed rooms, the public an odour experience that most will be denied forever My father-in-law has the great luck to own a pipe room and every time I enter the room, I am blown away There are about 50 pipes, about 30 are routinely smoked, a showcase full of tobacco, what we do here with perfumes, he does with pipes and tobacco The sweet vanilla tobacco, which transforms the otherwise cold smoke smell into a heavy, smoky aroma, is what makes Interlude Man so incredibly good. However, the Amouage does not smell like vanilla, thank God
Now I ask myself the question, when do I want to smell like this?
There is no occasion for the fragrance and for every occasion there is a better choice.
With 33 I simply cannot answer this question.
I remain fascinated by his intensity and how he transforms into something beautiful, but Interlude Man is a number too big and I am too shy to present him confidently to my fellow noses.
Nevertheless, I recommend it to anyone who gets the chance to test it. Surely there are some who will be reminded of their uncle's or grandpa's pipe by the scent and who has the necessary maturity will get for his money a H/S grenade.
7.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

ParisTexas
Amid the ruins of all the rest
“But when from a long-distant past nothing subsists, after the people are dead, after the things are broken and scattered, taste and smell alone, more fragile but more enduring, more unsubstantial, more persistent, more faithful, remain poised a long time, like souls, remembering, waiting, hoping, amid the ruins of all the rest; and bear unflinchingly, in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence, the vast structure of recollection.”
Marcel Proust
8.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Carlitos01
The impressive, resilient and smooth dark Arabic
My affection for this perfume has grown in the past few months and it may evolve to an addiction. Curiously I started to appreciate more the similar fragrances of Swiss Arabian "Shaghaf Oud Abyad" and Ard Al Zaafaran "Midnight Oud", for their roughness and aggressivity. "Interlude Man" now wins for its sheer performance, in particular its durability.
This fragrance is what we can very well call a "full-bodied perfume". And like all bodies, it has a skeleton. In the interlude, the structural bones are made of incense. There is a rich aroma of penetrating incense at all stages of development. Almost intoxicating but in a good way!
The spicy opening already reveals the Incense frame; than it gets a bit sweeter as time passes, but also ambery and resinous. Later on it becomes woodier, darker, smokier - clearly the nicest phase for me. It dries down slowly, with earthy twists, keeping some of the previous darkness, but also very smooth and comfortable as not being in a hurry to fade away.
The performance is very very high. Interlude Man is definitely a beast in how long it lasts. Three sprays are good for twelve hours or more, while the maximum sillage, even if it's not as impressive, is well above eight feet and may fill a small room shadowing the other scents. It projects for three hours or even a bit more.
Another astonishing fact is that it really endures through the cold. Now - mid January in Lisbon - I may spray myself in the morning, go through the entire day outdoors, and still keep its warming scent by the fireplace at night.
How can I rate this Middle East treasure?
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent Opening:..........9,5 (very good blast of spices and incense)
Scent Drydown:........10.0 (marvelous smooth long woody resinous dark drydown)
Longevity:..................10.0 (cmore than 12 hours in my skin, with 3 sprays)
Sillage:.........................9.0 (8+ feet sillage with 3.5 hours projection)
Uniqueness:...............8.5 (not many perfumes recall Interlude Man but other Arab perfume houses like Ard Al Zafaaran, Nabeel and Swiss Arabian, do make similar scents)
Wearability:................8.0 (just avoid hot weather)
Versatility:..................8.0 (go easy on the trigger and you will have an unexpected versatility mainly during the drydown)
Compliments:............7.5 (You will fright away all fresh, airy, citrusy and aquatic perfume adicts)
Quality:......................10.0 (well above average quality ingredients and performance)
Presentation:.............9.0 (Elegant and discreet... and heavy)
Price:...........................5.5 (usually €175.00 for the 100 ml flask).
Overall rating: 8,68/10.00
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Opinion: The price rating is the main cause for the overall rating being inferior to 9. This is one fantastic oriental fragrance for the lovers of incense, darkness, woods, oud and spices.
Recommended? It depends on your budget or in the way you value perfumes. If your taste is similar to mine, it's a clear yes. But watch out for the a lot more inexpensive but very good alternatives.
Blind buy worthy? Not really due to the high price, Try it first.

Music: Maurice Ravel - "Bolero".

blue beast
Balsamic sweet smokey resinous fragrance, with stellar projection in cold weather. However poor you are, with this fragrance you will feel like a milionar sheik! Not for everyone due to exotism and its heaviness!
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.5/10

Eliassport
The perfume of complexity and fascination
I don't have to write much more about the scent process, because already experienced noses have expressed themselves
Anyway my perception discovers the first minutes a sweet smoky slightly fresh note which is not hiding but literally jumps out of all corners and edges and roars: HERE I AM, I AM ABOUT EUCH.
After about 30min a more and more smoky note appears, strongly present the very noble incense.
This remains so for now.
Still strongly present and roaring.
After several hours a very sweet, warm smoky note is added, which is very pleasantly sweet. This remains then also over zich hours.

So much for the subjective scent process on my skin.
My description of the fragrance

For me the fragrance is very deep and sensual at the same time.
The beginning symbolizes for me a roaring mighty being that fends off all evil within the scent cloud that protects you in the spiritual. But also this phase shows itself in the chaos of today. Hence the protection in chaos.

The 2 phase conveys profundity and to pay attention to one's feelings. This transmission is very important for your progress. (Feeling comes, feeling is felt, is accepted, is consciously perceived as learning and it can go again.)

The 3 phase shows me the sensual, the beautiful, the pleasurable. The chaos was overcome, the feelings perceived in order to be able to act correctly now. This phase is in abundance, contentment, happiness and financial wealth. What's the matter with you? The chaos was penetrated, the feelings showed, the life leads, the happiness helps, the goal fulfills.
Everything is characterized by sensuality.

How do I find happiness, financial freedom, etc.? Well, the fragrance is very high quality, unique, luxurious and creative. These criteria provide this perception.

This fragrance is extremely well suited to today's conditions, which are accompanied by many tensions. Now is the time to listen to his leadership/feelings, to learn trust, and to appreciate and love the world. Extremely important, especially at this time when one is led by the ego, exposed to external influences in a negative sense etc....
This perfume is so suitable for me because it connects with me and I understand it. I must admit, not everyone will understand it and not everyone will like it, because it simply smells different than the ordinary, and that is something to accept.

Now comes the complex work of this perfume or its name from "finding peace in chaos".
The two main notes frankincense and Oppoponax (incense resin) should purify the spirit and calm the soul according to descriptions.

Oppoponax should harmonize soul and spirit and have a very calming effect.

Incense should also have a relaxing effect, reduce nervousness and increase mental strength and much more.
Now comes the complex.
The Omani incense tree is a very special tree because it has a very good quality of this resin and is very deep in the process. What's that supposed to mean?
For the first time the Omani stand around the incense tree and communicate with the demon who is guarding the tree. (Demon because he has protected the tree for centuries). Only when the Demon releases the resin do they venture to the valuable resin. So the Omani Ritual

In Amouage fragrances the incense (silver incense) is exclusively one from Oman.

I wanted to show you how complex and spiritual a production can be from beginning to end, even if it is mass produced. Make your own picture in Oman where you can see Amouage in person:-)
Spiritually or not, the fact is the effort and the sense is great.
Conclusion
The fragrance is super unique, strong and polarizing, simply uplifting. For me, the scent of the present. No other perfume manages for me to achieve such depth in all my senses as this one.
I like it, I'm comfortable with it, despite my young age. Therefore, never categorize a perfume by age. I was allowed to learn to wear a perfume that I like and obs others might like is irrelevant.
With such thoughts one learns to be able to decide emotionally what applies to one and what does not.
Scent:9,5/10

Durability: 10/10 Really top, the longest lasting perfume I've tested. (I live in Munich and have tested a lot of perfumes) Really unique top.

Projection: 10/10. It's very wide, you're perceived. Even the end still projects strongly what I think is great.
Which song would be interlude man?
Clearly: Requiem for a dream.
Soo dear perfume friends, I hope I could make you a useful contribution.
8.0 8.0 9.0 7.5/10

The Ambivalent Amouage Association
Well, here we have a typical Amouage scent. They are very popular here, but "out there" is rather rare. They are fragrances that somehow seem to bridge the gap between Orient and Occident and in my opinion get stuck somewhere in the middle. The nice thing about it is that you can hardly associate "Interlude", but also "Julilation XXV" or "Reflection" with anything else, that they don't want to come overblown or correspond to the local (!) zeitgeist. However, they are very similar in terms of DNA in the end. Here a little more sweetness, there a bit more leather and elsewhere a bit more oud.

But what makes "Interlude" so special? It's actually hard for me to describe, but I'm trying. There is a balsamic, intense basic sweetness (Opoponax probably), cushioned by light smoke (incense) and something earthy (I guess Patchouli). Also a touch of Oud I mean to perceive. The other notes blend to a certain basic spice (clear in oregano and pimento), fortunately without reminding me of kitchen spices.

All in all, I don't find "Interlude" as blatant as it is described here in some places. I suppose it's more the otherness than the penetrante that pierces one's nose. As with some other fragrances of this category, I ask myself if I like that about myself or not! Sounds weird, but it is! ;-) Since I'm not a "sweetie" on the one hand, I don't shy away from it like with some Mugler creations or the usual vanilla-cinnamon variations. On the other hand, since I am a Central European city dweller, I do not like to remind my environment of an oriental spice bazaar ... difficult so!

It seems obvious that "Interlude" is something special about the olfactory bulb. I appreciate this craftsmanship like the works of old masters. Nevertheless, I wouldn't hang a Rembrandt art print in my apartment unless I found a very special place for it ... or here a very special opportunity!
8.0 9.0 9.0 7.5/10

PlingPling or Overload Man
At Interlude Man you get the following picture:
Pling-Pling a.k.a. Narumol, a puff owner from Bangcock, former participant of the RTL series "Bauer sucht Frau" and sole heiress of the cough syrup empire "Aperol", climbs out of the helicopter with an eye patch and Captain Ahab wooden leg to the applause of her LadyBoy entourage to collect her weekly income from the oldest trade in the world. Wrapped in Interlude Man (or rather Woman?)
At the portal she is already welcomed by Carmen and deck officer Robert Geiss, whose veneer teeth can easily be observed from space, who immediately perceives the heavy Amouage scent on his tongue as the 101-headed entourage floats past him....
Interlude smells of luxury, good perfumery and a lot of money.... After a "tasting" in a perfumery and a subsequent stroll through a German city centre, the people at the traffic lights turned around, irritated, as if they wanted to ask: "Who stinks so good here?"
A friend had the smell after a short greeting within fractions of a second on the palate and tongue stick. This scented grenade is not lacking in durability and sillage, but somehow everything is too much - too much ChiChi and too little ChaChaCha... You have to pay 300 € for this luxury room spray - and the question arises: Which fragrance smells like 300 €?
Interlude Man is ok, well done but the performance has too much Tam-Tam and male? it doesn't smell at all. With IM it is like with these greasy cream cakes a la Black Forest cherry from which you got heartburn or reflux as a child from just looking at...
Perfect for saturated end-twenties/thirties who don't know where to put the charcoal and prefer to buy 3 bottles of "Overload Man" instead of the latest Iphone....
Better 30 Magnum bottles OldSpice.
8.0 1.0/10

DrDeadpool
"Boaaaahh! What a fragrance!"
The Interlude Man is my second tested fragrance from Amouage. I had high expectations because the brother had already knocked me out.

The first thought with the older brother was:
"Boaaaahh! What a fragrance!"

And the little brother? That immediately brought this thought:
"Boaaaahh! What a scent!"
Same first thought... but the directions couldn't be more different...
-The big brother:
Fresh, clean, clear and nevertheless not really to be assigned from the smell (as a layman) what one smells there.
-The little brother:
Stinging, spicy and somehow reminds me of cucumbers and mustard. Both foods that aren't necessarily at the top of my list.

Immediately washed off the skin again and threw away the sample after the test with two other interested persons. Sure it's not as bad as me and one of the other two people thinks it is (the third person at least thought it was "okay"), but for MY nose it's an absolute no-go/fiasco.

But what you have to take advantage of the scent, at least after the first washing up (including soap), the scent was still there....
10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

AgnesEva
Not so beastly anymore...
The former 'Blue Beast' was unfortunately very strongly reformulated and is in the new version only a shadow of the past performance. I know the old as well as the new version. Nevertheless the bottle belongs to my big favorites. The composition is all I expect from a perfume. More in my review on YouTube

10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Amouge Interlude man
Darkness
And yet much light
Is much gentler than you think
With correct dosage
The fragrance searches for the wearer
Be a man and not a woman < br /> Don't say
My fate is settled what can I change?
You yourself create your destiny < br /> Nobody but you Your world is a mirror
Don't you believe those words?
I'm telling you they're true < br/> You'll start to see
When you stop thinking
For no knowledge is in thought
And also not in the pictures
In silence life is
Spices and incense
Powerful sweetness
This fragrance embodies peace
For those who understand

9.0 10.0 10.0 7.5/10

Hallelujah, what a bomb!
Amouage Interlude Man really surprised me. Yesterday I had the opportunity to test it on my skin in a perfumery and let it work on me for a few hours.

Speaking of testing on the skin: Do you know this if you want to test not just one scent on the skin, but four? On both wrists and inside of each elbow? :D Anyway, I was like this.

I sprayed Interlude Man on my left wrist on my wristwatch. The opening began briefly fresh but directly with a portion of oriental spice. I realized relatively quickly "No, that's not my scent". Then I let Interlude Man take over Kurt. When I wanted to sniff my wrist again, I thought, "Oh you... What the hell is that?! My whole wrist was dyed black, so the stuff really dyed off the leather strap of my watch! "Well great... I can hardly walk around like that" and wiped it off and then carefully sprayed it on again.

Within a few minutes it was clear: Interlude simply kills everything else on my skin for testing. This smoke bomb will smell for miles. The incense is pleasant and natural, but it also has an earthy, dirty character (is the Opoponax? Please enlighten me). And smoke, a lot of it. Actually, it's penetrating. Respect to everyone who can wear this fragrance, so for younger people like me, it's nothing. Interlude One must be carried with great self-confidence.

In the drydown it becomes much more pleasant, even slightly sweetish chocolaty, probably patchouli. Still not my scent. But he doesn't deserve all the respect he can get, because:

In the first paragraph I wrote that I wanted to let the scent work on me for a few hours yesterday. This afternoon I visited my girlfriend who wondered what was smelling on my wrist. In fact, Interlude Man is still a little stuck on the wrist of my watch. Right now I'm coming back from dinner in a restaurant and even in the restaurant I noticed the perfume I put on 36 hours (!) ago from my wristwatch! Just crazy this perfume, the burning smoky fire just won't go out. On the skin on the wrist it held yesterday loosely 12 hours.

Conclusion: To be enjoyed with caution, be sure to test first. Pure niche!
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Conflagration of the Balrog
A few splashes of the Interlude Man are enough to wake the Balrog and ignite the conflagration. On first contact with the skin, an extremely spicy aura of burnt oregano and asparagus (why does it smell like asparagus?) mixed with incense burning charcoal develops, which is only the warm-up exercise for the demon. Shortly thereafter a fireworks display burns down, resinous, bitter, balsamic, inspiring! Even the most seasoned priests get their knees softened by the incense bomb blazing here! If you have any doubts about this, you should wash it off quickly, which turns out to be not so easy at all, because here you will continue to glow all day long. What changes after a few hours is a certain sweetness, which probably comes from the patchouli. Tame the smoke and soften it. However, the demon is soothed only after an extensive water bath, which extinguishes the flames. A great fragrance - thanks to Amouage!

Masterpiece
First time I smelled it, it was bleh for me. Never want to own a bottle and this was written in my head.
But 5 years later I give it a chance again. I smelled it and felt in love. I dont know if it was bad timing back then or maybe my taste is been changed over time. Now I just can call this a masterpiece!
7.0 10.0 10.0 7.5/10

Pure immortality
Guys, I have reached a decent amount of tested fragrances. A big varity of smells. Some of them, great performers and others, not so great performers. But this one.. Is immortal guys. As I said in the title, this one is extremely strong. Be very careful. 1 or 2 sprays max !! I sprayed once in the perfumery on my wrist and tap it with the other hand. I wanted to wash it off but I couldn’t, because I was on the street and I felt so many people staring at me for a particular reason. 2 hours passed and this juice was projecting like Someone was keep spraying it every second onto my face ! With just one spray ? Crazy.. Around the 6th hour mark, it was still there, I was feeling it from time to time (subtle projection). That subtle projection is the best part, the heart of this fragrance. So smooth, so complex, so rich and leathery. The next morning, after 11,12 hours, it was still there, still projecting but way weaker. My nose was still catching it from my hand movements.
20 hour mark : Starting to become a skin scent.
Too much for me. Too strong. If I will ever buy this, I will buy a decant of 10-15 ML and no more than that.
Overall rating : 8/10
8.0 10.0 10.0 7.5/10

Unique, masculine and oriental
This perfume is amazing! It has a tremendous power and lasts all day. Yes, even the next day, after getting up I still smell interlude. One sputter is enough and it fills an entire room. The fragrance is very very heavy and masculine. I think this fragrance is fantastic, but unfortunately I have to admit that it doesn't suit me. I don't think I'm gonna get it that way. The perfume is already very special and unique. Either you love it or you hate it deeply.
Whoever wears this fragrance deserves my fullest respect
8.0 9.0 9.0 8.5/10

Serenissima
the inner incense monster ...
...smells food; it gets lively!
Rightly so! Because frankincense is a fragrance of Amouage's Interlude Man But even with an enthusiastic incense monster: "Interlude Man" will live up to its name and remain an intermezzo!

Not because of the male alignment - it doesn't matter: I'm known as a border crosser!
And with all the corners and edges and spines, these rough-and-ready fellows are often closer to me than the lovely flower basket!
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that this year for me consists of a lot of interludes: many who fortunately made their way out of the dust; and some who I'm sorry for!
But now an intermezzo is not only an interlude; it can also be a connection between two poles, between two times.

"Interlude Man" will probably accompany me for some time; but this fragrance will not get the status of a "permanent companion".
Although it corresponds so completely to my smell Intension of the last time!

"Interlude Man" opens with herbaceous oregano, a nice spicy pimento; both cover the almost regularly present bergamot in the most interesting way. She is felt, constantly present!
Amber: how do I love these bright "amber threads" that permeate scents and evoke a balsamic magic.
Amber and his golden lights: dreamlike beautiful!
Before frankincense is satisfied and the "Venus resin" opoponax is established, the cistus rose appears.
Here not as resin - Labdanum - but in its original form: crumpled leaves and flowers and slightly herbaceous wood! (Very welcome to me in winter as tea and pastilles; the oil is a blessing for the winterly afflicted facial skin!)
It smokes and season and quarzt - nothing for sensitive smell bunnies!
Here the scented monster dragon is stepping with smoking nostrils!
After a kitchen herb prelude this is a joy for every fan of incense of any color!
Here is nothing timid, nothing groping or questioning: here prevails pure power!
Just to open the big gate to the sensual world of fragrance: Leather - often a counterpart to my feeling - is the forerunner to the fragrant finale!
Not heavy, not used or sweaty: a leather fragrance that is strong but appealing to the senses!
Oud must not be missing from this fragrance development: it has to be. A certain animalistic "nuisance" belongs to "Interlude Man"!
Here you can't afford half measures: "either as a frog or not at all!"
This fragrance creation becomes a little more civilized at the end with patchouli, another light spot in the fragrance, and sandalwood. I still love sandalwood very much!

"Interlude Man" is incredibly powerful, powerful and not just male!
Every male note also has a female part: we have to hug each other to be able to fly!
Therefore it is for me, despite the name, a unisex fragrance!
Because I want to fly and I need my other half!

As mentioned above, durability and Sillage are truly exceptional.
I must mention, however, that before I met "Interlude Man" (thanks be to Can!) I had no great luck with Amouage's collection: we didn't like each other!
If Can had not brought "Interlude Man" to my heart, I would never have had the idea to test this fragrance companion!

This "smoking man" has managed to inspire me; although I don't really like the brand.
That speaks for this scented monster!
I'm curious how long we'll live together.
As I said, an intermezzo is not forever!
But: let's have a look!
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.5/10

An olfactory All Hallows' Eve
Why do we often feel strongly attracted to morbid topics? They contradict everything that life could sweeten us and offer us in beauty. Right now, on Halloween, many people are inspired by the fantastic creatures of the night (whether legend or pure fiction) and face the supposed horror.

Psychologically speaking, this is a game with fear, which in confrontation makes it all the clearer to us how beautiful it is to be able to enjoy the comfort and security of our enlightened world every day.

The course of human history holds secrets that result in the imprinting of several cultures or ages. The origin of today's scary fun "Halloween" goes back to the Irish "All Hallows' Eve".

In the night from 31 October to 1 November, the "All Hallows' Eve" unites Celtic customs with the Christian faith. Exact demarcations and derivations are hardly possible, but in everything the primal fear of one's own transience and the inevitable end of life resonates.

Also smells can take up this topic consciously or unconsciously. Amouage Interlude is one such perfume - which produces more effect than was probably originally planned. Certainly an oriental perfume was to be composed again, with Opoponax playing the leading role. But imprints and associations create their own effect:

Freshly sprayed, the citric top note flashes briefly, but only for a moment can it prevent the wine from falling into the olfactory abyss. A herbaceous note quickly combines with the immediately staged Opoponax.

Anyone who has ever had a corpse smell in their nose will be able to confirm that it has an unbearably stinging, rotten and musty penetrance, which is, however, introduced with a sweet scent that is difficult to convey. The tree resin Opoponax has this sweet component of corpse odour in its base. Only the following disgust does not occur (fortunately).

As is customary with Amouage, the main theme is artistically played around in the development of the fragrance. Frankincense, patchouli and sandalwood create the interplay of smoke, seasoning and heavy sweetness.

Nevertheless, Interlude can never completely shed its morbid effect even in the base - then the woody patchouli and the lovely sandalwood dominate. The picture of a wilting rose, which illustrates the transience, fits here very well.

While such associations in everyday life may not arrive very well (or even strangely) with our environment, the heavy soul of the fragrance enchants the wearer in quiet moments and can certainly trigger a very strong fascination.

Despite or even because of its olfactory abysses, Interlude rightly has a large fan base (of which I count myself). This is perhaps (in my case even certainly) due to the reasons described at the beginning to always be able to encounter an olfactory "All Hallows' Eve" if a morbid contrast can once again make clear to us what life - in its indispensable transience - offers every day.

In this context even the name "Interlude" fits very well.

I would like to say a few final words about the excessive sillage and durability. These do not fit to the presented topic and jump everyone in the closer environment. You should keep that in mind when making a purchase. One to a maximum of two sprays can last up to two days (if something accidentally gets to the clothing, it can last much longer). If you have 100 ml of it, you have made a living. ;-)

8.0 9.0 9.0 6.5/10

The blue Beast 6291
Is it even possible to wear this masterpiece in public? Yes, you can wear the scent in public, personally I would wear the scent for a visit to the Christmas market. But many occasions to wear it do not occur to me personally, because it is a very special smoky spicy fragrance with an above average silage and shelf life.
About 2 months ago I bought myself a 5ml bottle. Why did I buy the fragrance at all, well I read the comments and thought it couldn't be that bad. When the fragrance mail arrived at my home, I couldn't wait any longer.
I was about to spray the famous "Amouge Interlude Man" on my wrist. Suddenly a cloud of scent came towards me, oh dear what is that I thought. You can't wear something like that and especially not in public.
Slowly the smell developed and I had to smell again and again at my wrist. I guess the bergamot's been forgotten. I can't smell you. The incense was enveloped in a slightly spicy and deeply smoking note. These notes are still perceptible until the next day. For me, the Interlude Man is a spice frankincense bomb ready for all the infamy. It's an unusual scent that you rarely smell in Europe, but you get used to it.
The silage and the durability are really excellent. I could still perceive the scent the next morning 12h+.
To the silage I sprayed the smell at the kitchen table and my girlfriend could notice the smell on the couch still clearly, rarely I had such a radiating smell.

My personal conclusion:
I will definitely not buy a bottle because the fragrance did not convince me 100%. The 5ml will probably be enough for me. Since one can carry the smell only very rarely.
The "Interlude Man" does not smell bad, but for me it is rather a spice incense bomb that not everyone can carry. With this fragrance you definitely stand out in the crowd.
The silage and durability are above average rarely experienced such a thing.

For me personally, there are better scents than the Interlude Man.

An evening at the campfire - or simply Interlude Man
Is there any possibility of approving this royal masterpiece at all? I don't think so. First of all, you should know that this fragrance really only appeals to the absolute niche "Smoky". Do you also know this smell when you sit intensively at a campfire for several hours and then really smell it?... You know what? That's how this perfume smells! And that's exactly how I want to smell ;) I've never had such a good, long-lasting and smoky scent in my hands before. The bottle is breathtaking, the Sillage is simply incredible and the durability... Just madness. I smell this scent on my skin for several days, even after taking a shower! This perfume is perfection itself. Everything that can only be done well has been done well here. The coolest thing I can find is the scent itself. How can you create something so smoky? Just fantastic...!!!

SAQIB 125 days ago
its cold and I am loving it.
Carlitos01 9 months ago
Consider also Interlude Man incense and sweet myrrh interpretations by SA Shaghaf Oud Abyad & AAZ Midnight Oud. All three are outstanding.+4
Bready 13 months ago
Whoa! Powerful stuff here! 1 spritz is all you need!+1
GabrielCE 13 months ago
Nice scent but I think there is better, especially since this smells to me like a more incense-heavy johnsons & johnsons baby shampoo. :)+3
JoaoMartins 15 months ago
The first 10/10/10/10 I gave to a perfume. Absolute dream.
YKem 22 months ago
Very smoky and spicy scent with a hint of sweetness. Extremely oriental and different.+1
MrFumejunkie 3 years ago
you don't wear interlude. interlude wears you. the beast called 'the master choker'. you feel suicidal? wear it in august in a 35c heat.+6
Rmf1112 3 years ago
Like carrying around a burning stick of the most magnificent incense. Stunning.+8
Hermesh 4 years ago
Resinous, oudy, (insense-)smoky, with fine spiciness and a subtle sweetness that balances out perfectly the resins.+2

by Kovex
by Kovex
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by 3rdear
by 3rdear
by Jfim88
by Jfim88
amouage - interlude man: beweihräucherung par excellence... ;)
by Felsn
by Hordak
by Pltnbrutha
by Pltnbrutha

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Bracken Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage