Interlude Man 2012

Interlude Man by Amouage
Interlude Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2012. The scent is smoky-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Pierre Negrin

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Oregano, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Opoponax, Frankincense, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.06.2021.

Aziz and the stranger
The honorable temple overseer had impressed upon him countless times to even be back on time with the delivery. But despite the reminders and the overseer's loose, leathery whip, Aziz was once again far too late. Having left the temple with orders to buy new incense and, more importantly, incense in the market, he preferred to spend his afternoon with his friends in the streets of the port city of Suhar rather than doing his duty. As the afternoon was slowly drawing to a close and the sun was already low in the sky, he walked briskly through the dusty alleys towards the market near the port district. His leathery sandals slapped the sandy ground as the kicked up dust settled on his white robe. After another turn to the left, he finally came to a stop at the gates of the market, propping himself up on his knees with both hands to stop his panting breath. When he had regained his breath, he made his way through the crowds of people who came towards him, either haggling with the vendors for the best price or streaming towards the exit, laden with all manner of goods. The first stalls belonged to the spice and fruit merchants, who offered goods from Oman, but also from foreign countries far away from the sea. Mountains of citrus fruits piled up next to seemingly endless piles of spices from all over the world. After he had crossed this citrusy and spicy passage of the market at a fast pace, he finally came to the stalls where all kinds of resins, incense, rare woods and incense were offered. Omar's stall was his favorite. Not only did Omar always have a few dates to spare for him, but also the dedication with which he ran his stall. Where other merchants simply offered their resins and incense in large sacks, Omar presented his precious goods in bronze bowls and beautifully decorated clay pots. His stall could also be heard metres away, as a small sample of his incense smoked away in front of each incense, spreading the balsamic-smoky scent across the entire market. Once under the heavy blue cloth of the stall, Aziz handed the list of errands and the leather sack of payment to Omar. He, in turn, busily set about filling the desired quantities of frankincense, opoponax, cistus, and styrax resin into various bags. The dried resins crunched gently as he thrust them into Aziz's hand across the stall. The very last thing he did was fill a small amount of the precious oud into a velvet pouch and carefully handed it to Aziz. The precious wood was used to incense the robes of the temple overseer. With his delivery in one hand and a few dried and deliciously sweet dates in the other, Aziz made his way back toward the temple. Feverishly he pondered what excuse he could give the overseer today to escape punishment after all. But slowly he ran out of ideas and unfortunately also out of time, since he was already approaching the steps of the temple. On the last few meters he quickened his pace once more and took several steps at once up to the temple. However, this resulted in him getting caught on a step with the sandal of his right foot and losing it. Baffled by this mishap, he looked over his shoulder as he galloped up the stairs and just at that moment collided rudely with something or someone. His delivery scattered across the steps and Aziz landed hard on his buttocks. Now completely disarranged by the chain of events, he was astonished to find himself face to face with a tall figure towering before him. The stranger radiated a sublime aura, which was only intensified by the deep blue cloth in which he was wrapped and which smelled intensely of oud. The golden pommel of a ceremonial dagger, which sparkled magically in the evening sun, stood out among the many, heavy and above all clean lengths of cloth. His face was that of a king and his eyes shone with kindness and wisdom. He held out his hand to Aziz, helped him up, and set about picking up the scattered pouches. He did not speak a single word, only a knowing smirk was on his lips. Speechless, Aziz accepted his bags and slipped on his lost sandal. The stranger put a hand on his shoulder and pushed him gently in the direction of the temple entrance, from which the overseer had already rushed out, roaring with rage, and was about to teach Aziz a lesson with his leathery whip. Abruptly, however, he came to a halt and threw himself on the ground when he recognized the stranger beside Aziz. The stranger indicated for the overseer to rise and follow him into the temple. What exactly was spoken in the overseer's room was beyond Aziz's knowledge, as he was instructed to wait outside the door. When he was finally invited in, the overseer asked him as kindly as he had ever been asked if he would not like to enter the service of the honorable stranger. And from the very next day he ran errands in the service of his new principal, and was never once late.

Fin.

_____________________________________
Amouage's Interlude Man is akin to paying homage to a tale from 1001 Nights. Warm, smoky, balsamic and with a slight sweetness swirl here the swathes of resins around each other and take the main role of this creation. Paving the way into this resinous swirl is a blend of subtle citrus and spice. Oregano is detectable, but is not reminiscent of pizza spice, but more of a spice bazaar with the allspice at its side. The warm character of the resins is infused with a cool, balsamic smell of smoke, which gives the fragrance an almost mystical touch. In the base, Amouages Interlude Man becomes delightfully soft, sweet and cuddly. Where oud and leather were subliminally involved before, these two now come into their own more strongly and, in combination with patchouli and sandalwood, create a beautiful drydown. Pierre Negrin has created one of the most expressive and enchanting perfumes that has ever come under my nose. Chapeau!

Another small point on the side. Just oriental fragrances are often recommended for the cooler seasons. Basically right, as these can better stand up to the cold. My recommendation would be to try this but once at slightly warmer temperatures. In my opinion, only then the complete fragrance spectrum unfolds. A little courage is needed, but it's worth it. ?
Not just an interlude
Burning asphalt, the sun that heats it relentlessly. The smell of the tire rubber, and that special smell of the interior of my rental car.
Yes, the Interlude Man catapults me into vacation. Right into a shady parking lot surrounded by pine and pine groves somewhere on the Mediterranean. The peculiar smell of heat bringing the interior of our rental car to life. The dashboards, the steering wheel, the upholstery. And then the tires. The rubber in the heat as it bonds with the asphalt. This heavy odeur is perhaps the interlude on this light summer day. Interlude Man is more than just a little interlude, though. It is the prelude. For a big evening, a dinner, an opera. For me, however, it is a window into a long-forgotten world, somewhere under pines near the Mediterranean, through which I roam again as soon as Interlude Man envelops me with its scent.

Relaxing incense
I never bought a bottle but have quite a few big decants of this.
In all honesty, I think it is wearable. The overall scent profile is pleasant, smoky, bitter, and slightly citrusy and very resinous.

I never wore it out to work or anything because by the time I got the decant it was mid spring already. I think it's totally wearable for below 40 degree weather (I think if people smell this on you in cold weather they would really enjoy your presence as this is a warming cozy scent)

How I usually enjoy it is to spray it as a bed scent. Now you are like: blue beast for a bed scent?!?!

I find incense like fragrances to be very relaxing so it does help me feel calmed down before sleeping so... I put a few sprays on the floor carpet next to my bed, and it lasts a few days no problem LOL.
Who would I recommend this to?
see, I know many people may assume people who like interlude can't enjoy mass appeal scents. I love bleu de chanel but I also enjoy interlude.
I think overall, if you are at least somewhat a committed person who doesn't say words without meaning them, you would enjoy this. This is not a fun scent, it projects an image of a man who is grounded, secure, and powerfully masculine.

Please do not wear this on your first few dates
please do not wear more than 3 sprays of this
please do not wear this to an interview

LOL hope that helps. VERY nice fragrance for us incense/styrax lovers

A Negrin masterpiece
“Everything that needs to be said has already been said. But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.”

― André Gide

I find this quote to be appropriately fitting for Interlude Man by Amouage because of the complexity of this perfume. Some reviews highlight the oregano note, while others like to talk about the obscure use of churchy incense. Sometimes its a battle between the presence of the opopax vs. the labdanum and amber.

We are, in the end, provided with so much in depth analysis of each ingredient used in Interlude Man, that we might loose the broader picture out of sight, which in itself is difficult to grasp due to the complexity of this perfume.

While everything has been said already, we are invited to listen again because we, rightfully so, cant stop talking about this Negrin masterpiece.
Don't come near me
Honestly, I got me a bottling of this fragrance, because of the good reviews of the sillage and durability. I find that already good, if I myself can perceive the fragrance for a long time. Of course, it always depends on the occasions.

So, yesterday so the Interlude Man generously applied and wondered me first a little bit. What is there for a strange note in it. Aha, oregano is listed as a top note.
Well, then I'll wait a little, that will surely disappear soon. Well, fiddlesticks!

The fragrance is really nice smoky and also gets a slightly vanilla note in the late course. To me always true so a bit after chocolate but without smelling like chocolate (get it? ;) And you actually perceive it super long itself intensely. Top H & S
As long as you do not get too close to him. Because whenever I smelled my wrist, I perceived a strange note that somehow reminded me of cabbage, broccoli or something, and I didn't like that at all.

So, spray some on your neck and let the scent lull you in, it's really nice. But this one note is for me but the reason why my filling may move on
The complex
Interlude by Amouage is certainly one of my favorite perfumes ever and also already for about a year in my collection. I therefore had enough time to get to know the fragrance and would like to share with you my experiences.

Introduction:
I have increasingly dealt with the subject of perfume from about 2019 and was then still in the mainstream area. Fragrances from houses like Chanel, Dior, Paco Rabanne or Dolce & Gabbana I have tested extensively at that time.

Through my Internet research I have also become aware of other fragrances, especially in the niche area. Among others, even on Interlude. I have ordered me here in the Souk a filling and tested.

To be honest, the first time I tested the fragrance, he did not like me at all. I remember how the first scent impression was very herbaceous and I thought to myself "who wants to smell like that?!". I put the sample away for now and turned to other scents.

After delving more and more into niche scents and "opening" my nose with scents like Jubilation XXV, I went back to my Interlude sample. Lo and behold The second time I tested it, I had a completely different impression of the scent! The sweet and balsamic notes were much more prominent. The scent seemed much more pleasing to me and I knew I wanted it.

But what does it smell like exactly? I'll tell you in a moment, but for now to the concept.

Concept:
As behind every Amouage fragrance is a concept, as with this one. The concept is that of chaos and confusion on the one hand and balance and calm on the other. The fragrance really implements this concept brilliantly! The top note is characterized by a chaotic restlessness, but the more the fragrance settles, the calmer and more pleasant it becomes.

Fragrance:
As already mentioned, the fragrance opens with a very herbaceous oregano note. Furthermore, come in the top note also still bitter and smoky notes to the fore. At this stage, the fragrance is probably just too much and too alienating for most. I also still have trouble with the opening of the scent from time to time. But if you give the fragrance 30 minutes to an hour to settle down, the balsamic notes, like the opoponax come into their own much more and take away some of the bitterness and severity of the fragrance.

The heart and base notes are mainly dominated by the balsamic and sweet notes of the opoponax, the smoky notes of the incense and the amber base.

The fragrance smells very natural and upscale throughout its duration. I cannot detect any synthetics.

Overall, a very complex fragrance with a distinct change from top to heart and base notes.

Durability/Projection:
The durability of the fragrance is fantastic! On my skin, the fragrance lasts eight to ten hours! It's not called the "blue beast" for nothing ;)

The projection is also very good! Throughout the wearing time of the fragrance, you can smell it again and again, even after six, seven, eight hours. Kudos to Pierre Negrin who has made a craft so good fragrance that I can still smell after such a long time. Most fragrances go yes already after one or two hours the puff out and remain skin. This but not!

Presentation:
The bottle has a deep blue color with golden cap, golden emblem and golden writing. On the sides of the bottle, the name is also applied, which is very convenient if you have several Amouage fragrances in your collection and want to arrange them on the side.

The box is made of very sturdy cardboard and not just a thin cardboard box as is common with other manufacturers. The concept of the fragrance is also evident in the color of the box. The different colors and wild strokes convey the chaos and restlessness of the fragrance.

Occasion:
I like the fragrance so much that I would wear it every day as a signature scent. One should then but not more than two, to three sprays use, because the fragrance, as I said, is strong.

I can understand if some people find the scent too much and too sweet for a signature scent. After a while, the strength of the scent can get on the wearer's nerves.

As an alternative, I recommend Memoir Man by Amouage here. This is a very dry fragrance without sweetness and he also does not project so strongly. Its durability is with six to eight hours not as good as the Interlude but still more than sufficient.

Summary:
If you are looking for a special fragrance for your collection to be, then I can highly recommend this one. Interlude features a complex fragrance character, strong performance and high quality.

I hope you enjoyed my review :)

If you would also like to watch my review in video format, you can also find the link to my Youtube video for it here. This is written in English.

Very good
No need to dwell on a description of this perfume, many people have done it before ... If you are looking for an oriental, smoky fragrance with notes of tobacco and oud: Interlude is what you need with a special mention for the outfit ..... Ps: The best is to look for a 'Made in Oman' version
Nahmouage
Dense, deep, dark and smoky.

Unfortunately sweet and intrusive, I find it hard to fall in love. I want yet so much, he fits the profile of everything I adore.

Could objectively find all Amouage to be good. Interlude bought blindly, because I wanted from the profile "once an Amouage".

Tried forever, struggled with me, yet again overcome me to wear. But again neglected.

I like it, but I don't feel comfortable in it. The is too "puffy" simply.

If you love the scent, you will be happy about the quality!

Lasts for years and a spray was enough to provoke "what do you have there again, I hardly get air". So good for the price ;)

i will sell it
5.5
Balticsea
He's not a legend! He exists! And I have seen him!
I close my eyes. My breathing slows instantly and everything around me disappears. I feel myself falling deeper and deeper. I don't fight it, even though a sneaking feeling creeps up on me that I'm going to regret this decision. But it doesn't matter now - nothing matters. And so it comes to pass that my consciousness finally gives way to infinite darkness, and my journey into the unknown begins once more.

I wake up. Still totally dazed and drowsy, I try to realize why I was startled up so abruptly. Was there a scream? Where am I? Why am I wearing clothes on my body and why is it so hot in here? A bad feeling creeps over me. But before I can even think clearly, I see it. The fire. Metre-high flames rise before my eyes. I don't have time to sort myself out - or think about the where and why. My mind stops and gives way to my instinct. And that screams "escape." I stand up and scan the surroundings. I'm standing in the middle of a hot landscape marked by blazing sand and scrub. It must be at least 40 degrees. Actually not much should thrive here - but I am surrounded by dry, leafless incense trees. Behind them, metre-high commiphores on fire. I can smell the burning resin of these myrrh trees and see the fire getting closer and closer. So I run. It gets hotter and hotter and then I hear it again - a scream. So bloodcurdling that a cold shiver runs down my spine despite the heat. I stop to look from which direction the scream came. And then I see it. A small gap in the undergrowth and behind it a tarred path. In the middle of the desert. And standing on that path is a man. I run towards the gap and fight my way through the flames that have now spread to the incense trees. I can feel the leather of my shoes slowly melting, but it doesn't matter now - nothing matters.

Thick smoke surrounds me, constricting my throat. Ten more meters - five - two. With my last ounce of strength, I set off to jump and dash through the burning brush. I land ungently on the path. The tar has melted from the heat and is sticking to my clothes, burning into my skin. And then I see him, and I realize abruptly that I've made a huge mistake. I can't feel anything anymore, not the heat, not the hot tar on my skin. Not the smoke in my lungs. Only fear. I look deep into his eyes. I open my mouth. "I know you. You're real. You are....." Before I can even say it he starts screaming-even louder than before. It's a scream like from the depths of hell - just like the locals described - and I know this is the end of me. He takes a step towards me, reaches out his hand and...

I wake up in a cold sweat. My wife shakes me. "It's all right honey, you're home, nothing can happen to you. Did you dream about him again? You were screaming." I look at her, still panicked, and say, "It was so bad, he was right in front of me. It was so incredibly real. The heat, the smoke. The fire....er." My wife calms me down and takes me deep into her arms. Gently she strokes my head and I slowly calm down. "It's all right now, he's only in your dreams, he's not real." I remain silent. My wife has no idea. I never told her what really happened five years ago in the fire in Oman. What I saw. I never told her. I never told anyone. Because no one, except the local Bedouin - a desert people of Oman - would have believed me. But I know he exists. I have seen him. He is not a legend. He exists. And I hope I never have to see him again. - the Interlude Man.

Review:

Flacon: 9/10

Beautiful, classy sprayer, but the deep blue doesn't fit the scent at all for me.

Fragrance: 5,5/10

The fragrance is simply a smoke-resin-spice monster. For me, unfortunately, only after 5 hours as soft and wearable as I would like him from the beginning. Until then for me just too unround and overloaded. Too bad. But we just don't become friends. He smells like a burning, oriental spice market whose bazaar tables were carved from myrrh trees.

Durability: 10/10

Short and sweet, I would have also given a 15. Even by washing not to remove.

Sillage: 10/10

To more than two sprayers I would not advise anyone. To smell for hours at over an arm's length

Compliments: 2/10

At least in my environment, the nose was turned up almost exclusively. A colleague told me that was the most awful fragrance I had ever worn. My wife also finds the creepy.

Wearability: 3/10

At most at temperatures below 5 degrees, please never in closed rooms. Hardly applicable for my sensation.

Conclusion:

I can already understand the hype, but to me he is just too much of everything, he did not go down well and I did not warm up to him. The fragrance is therefore moved on, but the legend lives!!

Until then...

Hanseatic greetings
Blue Beast? Definitely!
I have always seen the fragrance glimpsed on Youtube and decided that I make myself smart about the fragrance. After much research I decided to buy the blue beast. I used 2 sprays and was so overwhelmed by the scent. The scent was just extremely STRONG and even after 15 hours, the Interlude blew me away. My girlfriend complained because the scent is just too EXTREME. I am of the opinion that one spray is enough. The scent is smoky-sweet and has a mega sillage

Blako11Blako11 13 days ago
This fragrance is undoubtedly the flagship of the Amouage house. Simply wonderful and unique. This scent transports you to Oman.
INDIGOSPHINXINDIGOSPHINX 2 months ago
reminds me of bel ami vetiver because of the oppoponax and incense, very comforting and relaxing
DTCDTC 4 months ago
Perfumon en toda regla. Abre especiado a tope con el orégano y el secado es una maravilla dulzona por el Ámbar pachuli.
Un must have
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 6 months ago
Initially citric spicy-earthy, this rather dark and smoky, spicy resinous-sweet Winter fragrance, settles to a dusty earthy-woody base.
TRehfTRehf 11 months ago
Maybe the most oriental fragrance I own. Probably only wear it once a year. Longevity 10h+. Winter only. But gorgeous below -10 degrees C.
SAQIBSAQIB 2 years ago
its cold and I am loving it.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Consider also Interlude Man incense and sweet myrrh interpretations by SA Shaghaf Oud Abyad & AAZ Midnight Oud. All three are outstanding.
BreadyBready 2 years ago
Whoa! Powerful stuff here! 1 spritz is all you need!
GabrielCEGabrielCE 2 years ago
Nice scent but I think there is better, especially since this smells to me like a more incense-heavy johnsons & johnsons baby shampoo. :)
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
The first 10/10/10/10 I gave to a perfume. Absolute dream.

by Kovex
by Kovex
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by 3rdear
by 3rdear
by Felix90
by RikR315
amouage - interlude man: beweihräucherung par excellence... ;)
by Felsn
by Parfumlove90
by Hordak
by Hordak

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Interlude Man 53 by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage