Interlude Man 2012

Interlude Man by Amouage
Interlude Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2012. The scent is smoky-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Pierre Negrin

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Oregano, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Opoponax, Frankincense, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.10.2020.

Razvanyke
Did not met my expectations
Dear perfume lovers,

after I discovered this world of Niche and special perfumes, mainly due to Corona and more time at home, Interlude Man was really on my radar.

I bought Reflection man which is awesome and few others, but Interlude still was not known to me.
I bought a sample and sprayed it with huge expectations that I will mega like it - well, I don´t.

The smell is very smoky and somehow dark, initially is still tolerable but then the dry oregano is popping out and for me is like a dry oregano field, I can feel almost no other notes.

I sprayed it on a fresh from the wash t-shirt and honestly I then put it back in the washing basket, I am wondering if on the skin smells better but I do not even have interest to try.

Maybe is about a reformulation, my different taste or the effect on a cotton t-shirt vs paper or skin, but I do not like the blue beast at all.

About longevity or sillage I can´t say anything because I put the t-shirt to wash right away.

Later edit:
I got brave and sprayed it on my skin, it is a different thing and the annoying oregano is muted now, not popping out anymore. The smoky dark scent is there and this could be worn by Dracula if you ask me, I still do not like it but it is not as bad as I thought. Overall scent note: 8
Chizza
Balanced resin mixture with a fine spice note
Well, how do you start a commentary on a frequently commented, well-known and controversially rated fragrance? Does it need my comment at all? Doesn't everybody already know how Interlude Man smells?
I don't want to judge all this, but I would like to classify the fragrance objectively and compare it with Midnight Oud, which is a wonderfully successful dupe and is mentioned again and again.
Interlude doesn't immediately start with that roasted oregano drone and the pimento's pungent appeal as you might expect. Rather, it is as if the fragrance is starting to take off, wanting to recharge itself, because the beginning is still harmless for the first moments, although you feel that there is more to come. The bergamot is given room to unfold. This gives the fragrance these impressive and profound nuances that set it apart from pure spice or incense scents, which initially give it the aura described above.
For comparison, these nuances actually go off Midnight Oud. Likewise, the opoponax is shorter in the copy, it influences the incense less. Without knowledge of Interlude, I would call both negligible, because Midnight Oud is successful.
But now that I know Interlude and the resin of myrrh makes the incense much more diverse, intense and in my eyes more exciting and radiant, I can't help but say that this is the 5% that raises the original one level.
This softness of sweet myrrh combined with the intense resin of incense, this is original, this has style. As time goes by, Interlude Man gradually opens up and also shows us how amber and cistus caress the resins, keep them in shape and seem to ensure the right amount. Fantastic; although rarely the resins combined with oregano are groundbreaking, the fragrance varies diligently and is the opposite of linear. Either way, we are a long way from the incense burners of the churches of this world.
You have to let yourself in on the scent in order to be able to fully grasp it olfactorically. Many people make the mistake and close their minds to the incense without giving the other scents the chance of perception.
A quick word about the base: the base notes are for me nothing more than the foundation on which Interlude was built. None of it stands out, everything supports the spicy and resinous notes in the best possible way. Patchouli you might be able to guess from the slightly earthy notes, oud I don't notice, leather even less.
Interlude is worth its money for me because of its small nuances, its more detailed elaboration if you like to wear such fragrances often and with pleasure. If you only find the fragrance exciting, if you only decide to use it every few months, you are better off with Midnight Oud as a 95% copy, at least in monetary terms. Amouage is a label that offers variety and is successful with several extremes. I would say that whoever likes Journey Man also likes Interlude. Conversely, due to the sharpness of Journey Man, this is not certain, because the allspice is there but not very sharp.
Of course you have to keep in mind: if you do not like intensive resin scents, you are completely wrong here. The scent is loud, intense and demanding. For lovers of such fragrances this is a single pleasure, for others too much. In fact the scent is not perceived by the environment as an intensive "smoke bomb" but as a fragrant scent with various associations ranging from Christmas market to anywhere else.
I, for one, could spend hours on the sofa smelling and sniffing my wrist. If only my wife wouldn't look at me as if I was mentally impaired ;)
NorbertP
A nice powdery oud-leather with awesome longetivity
This has a rather unique powdery creaminess on the "typical" oud-leather scent. It definitely smells expensive Good night out fragrance and best when the weather is not too hot.
Overall very good quality. Recommended.
A friendly blue beast
I was expecting an evil smoke monster that summons the Prince of Darkness. But no way! For me Interlude has a cheerful character. So after the first spraying, my thought was immediately: "Wait a minute...I know that...that's just typical how it smells on a fairground".
Why does it smell like Interlude at a carnival? I'm not sure. This characteristic smell of burnt caramel at folk festivals is probably due to the roasted almonds, the plugfish, the cotton candy, etc., whereas in Interlude it is possibly produced by the combination of oregano/opoponax.
But I cannot smell out differentiated these and the other components mentioned, which of course speaks for a good, round overall composition. In the endlessly long process the whole thing remains linear and loses (the next day) only a little bit of the caramel sweetness, in favor of more woody and smoky aspects.
I can't understand what great philosophy some people interpret into this fragrance, as it smells great and pleasant, but for me it is rather one of the more insignificant Amouages. However, I can subscribe to the technical beast fashion factor. This thing lasts forever and radiates violently. Qualitatively a super perfume, the scent is nice, but not as provocative as I would have hoped. Sure, its penetrance and presence can go to your head in the long run, which makes it tiring to wear it every day and it also fits better into winter because of this radiance.
All the comments and videos that I have combed through before, created an expectation in me that would have fitted in the end to for example Black Amber by Agonist, whom I really felt to be the smoky prince of darkness.
Interlude Man, on the other hand? A cheerful fairground caramel candy with good quality and long shelf life. No more and no less...
Afternoon at the beehive grave of Al Ayn
shimmering heat in the late afternoon, the air stands still.
no tree, no shade.
only the millennia old beehive graves, made of flat stones.
mystic calm.

a citric sweetness, not fresh, more like nectar is in the air.
some incense, quite appropriate to the place.
A touch of vanilla... ...as if a Spanish tourist had felt a touch of CSF 43
a flatterer - almost lulling pleasant ...

Out of nowhere a civet cat suddenly passes by and leaves a splash of Zoologist Civet... a dream combination, which is now complemented by animal notes, the sweetness is lifted to a new level... the evening can come.

MericaPerica
"display window of Amouage"
I still remember very well that cold winter night when i smelled interlude for the first time,it was definitely one of the hardest and ugliest experiences, that night i had tried ELDO Secretions Magnifiques on one left hand and Interlude on the right hand... and smelled them both in the same time.

I remembered Interlude by wild oregano, by that "wild opening,"
In the meantime I have tried some variations on the theme of "Blue Beast", some clones, each one was "worse", "heavier(in bad way)" and "Cheaper".... to me than the "original" was...

Today, 3 years after the first sniff of Interlude, I can only say that this is one of my favorite oriental perfumes... and certainly a favorite fragrance of the Amouage...

I will simply describe it as a maximally complex, high-quality, dark, characteristic and extremely luxurious Arabian fragrance.
This Negrin child is the best-selling Amouage and certainly the most impressive.
For me as well as for many other people Interlude is a "shopwindow" of Amouage" ...
Yes, everything about this fragrance was terrible to me, right now everything is just beautiful....that wild oregano from the opening is an unarticulated natural "punch", unforunatly that part evaporate pretty quick on my skin, quckly goes into a drydown dominated by oud, resins, leather and amber ... Due to the intensity of the dark trees and the resinous, somehow its created a kind of "sweet vibe", otherwise Interlude has nothing tipically sweet in it.
But the final stage is still a sweet woody scent, the smoke effect additionally beautifies the smell, the smoke effect is in from the very beginning and last until the end.
The smell of oud is what fascinates me here, I mean it's SUPERIOR ... it took a long time and I have to smelled a quality oud to be able to reconize the oud in Interlude.
Oud is here made masterfully, one of the best i have ever tried its a really natural and "animalistic"...
All the richness of Interlude come to shine in the spring time, in moderately warm conditions, it is not a perfume for a cold weather!

It is interesting that although the scent is extremely dark full of smoke, leather and animal achords .... the final form is a pure UNISEX perfume ... Also, it is not "beast mode" as some of people says, they obviously didn't smelled a real "beast mode" perfume ...

I would like to know who is the invented the story "Made in Oman is better" totally nosense.
Once i was tested 3 different Interludes, all 3 was "made in oman", all 3 scents were different! (Of course the difference in the smell were minimal)
Now i currently use the UK version, and Its better than any other Interlude that i ever tried....
I smelld the Interlude from many different bottles.
It is much more about the time of maturation of the juice itself than anything else (the same thing is with any other fragrance.)

Thanks for reading.
Benedikt2019
"descended into the kingdom of death"
...This is what many Christians confess in the Apostolic Creed. They confess that Jesus, after being laid in the tomb of the hill, descended into the kingdom of death, defeated death and rose again on the third day. Today on Good Friday is practically the beginning of his odyssey, the crucifixion of Jesus, with which the whole thing began.

In this passage from the Creed, I inevitably think of this brew of Amouage, which has given me so many headaches. It takes a lot of courage to find the perfume death itself. It simply smells of Smoke, of incense, as it is released in worship or as it is found in tombs, where one wants to leave a sign of life. Incense, incense sticks, that's what you smell like when you put it on. Cold, dead smoke, no sign of life. Actually, a good "smell" for Good Friday. A good "smell" to bury the joy of life for a day.

In fact, I tried twice with that monster. Twice he had to go again. The second time it was so bad that I had to take a shower immediately an hour after applying it because I got a headache. I also tried to smell out the other ingredients - except Smoke - I thought to myself that this must go, unfortunately in vain. The fact remains, I only smell Smoke. And it stays forever. Even after taking a shower there was still a slight waft of smoke to smell, which stunned me. I bet you've been showering with the beast for 24 hours. So for me it was the biggest fight I've ever had to fight with a perfume, especially because I love the Amouage house so much and wanted to be able to understand all the positive reviews. No, this is my limit of what I can smell. This is not a perfume, it is torture for the nasal mucous membranes and the best way to call in sick because of migraines.

Whoever nevertheless dares to taste this resinous-woody smoke bomb should be warned that it is not for the faint of heart. This one is a challenge. He will not be forgotten.

Once you finally get it off, it's like a kind of resurrection. You had to die the perfume death first, and then - freed from the smoky heaviness - start again into perfume happiness. Knowing that you have now conquered all the horrors of the fragrance world.

Nevertheless, I am happy for all those who can get something out of this one!

Apart from that, I wish everyone a blessed Good Friday and happy Easter holidays, enjoy the sun and life and think of the one who prepared this for us today.

Bene :)
AbuAx
One of the best perfumes there is ^^
Have from Amouage beside Interlude so far already Reflection, Sunshine and Lyric. But in my opinion the Interlude stands out very much. When it comes to durability, no perfume beats the Interlude. I was able to smell it 3 weeks later on my turtleneck. Also concerning sillage nobody can fool him. When you wear it, people smell you before you even walk in the room. 100%. It should also be mentioned that despite its strength it simply doesn't kill me. That's probably because the ingredients are very natural, hardly man-made. So it's very comfortable to wear. Only when denying, when the scent gets into your nose from time to time, you can feel bad, but you can overlook that. Now we come to the scent itself. Very very resinous and smoky, but with a little touch of "luxury". And the scent gets better and better the longer it lasts. What nobody seems to notice here, but I can smell it clearly, is that it becomes very chocolaty in the dry down. I wouldn't classify him as gourmand because of the opening, but he becomes very gourmand / chocolaty after 5-6 hours. I have seldom experienced such a versatile scent like this. Definitely worth every cent. Very clear 10/10 in all 4 categories.
JamesBlond
He who endures Him will be rewarded in the end!
The third Amouage that I was allowed to test and also this one is able to broaden the horizon.

Where Reflection Man still flatters the fan community of Dior Hommes and their somewhat chatty colleagues, Memoir Man heaps up memories and thus builds a bridge between past and present, Interlude Man clearly aims for Niesche.
Whoever wears this is either over 40 or has an ego that is second to none. Unfortunately, neither of these things applies to me. In closed rooms unbearable, in the fresh air one waits anxiously for the horn of the fire brigade and who wants to impress women with it can also bite off his toenails at the table in the restaurant.
So what's going wrong?
When you "ignite" Interlude Man, the cloud of smoke kills all synapses for the first time and the smoky, spicy leather/oud/wood accord will give western cleaners a feeling of burnt wood. Not like a nice campfire but rather pungent like the smell when you engrave something into the wood with a soldering iron.

But!
The whole thing actually lasts longer than most of the headlines I know, at some point there is still time to go and Interlude Man does it like no other.
The incense remains ever present and the pungent wood becomes more and more pleasant to smell until finally after felt 2 to 3 hours a sweetish smell catapults the complete fragrance in a completely new direction The good old pipe.
Who knows the smell of pipes, knows that this has nothing to do with smoking, but with pleasure. Unfortunately, the pipe is a dying pleasure and by the smoking ban in closed rooms, the public an odour experience that most will be denied forever My father-in-law has the great luck to own a pipe room and every time I enter the room, I am blown away There are about 50 pipes, about 30 are routinely smoked, a showcase full of tobacco, what we do here with perfumes, he does with pipes and tobacco The sweet vanilla tobacco, which transforms the otherwise cold smoke smell into a heavy, smoky aroma, is what makes Interlude Man so incredibly good. However, the Amouage does not smell like vanilla, thank God
Now I ask myself the question, when do I want to smell like this?
There is no occasion for the fragrance and for every occasion there is a better choice.
With 33 I simply cannot answer this question.
I remain fascinated by his intensity and how he transforms into something beautiful, but Interlude Man is a number too big and I am too shy to present him confidently to my fellow noses.
Nevertheless, I recommend it to anyone who gets the chance to test it. Surely there are some who will be reminded of their uncle's or grandpa's pipe by the scent and who has the necessary maturity will get for his money a H/S grenade.

ParisTexas
Amid the ruins of all the rest
“But when from a long-distant past nothing subsists, after the people are dead, after the things are broken and scattered, taste and smell alone, more fragile but more enduring, more unsubstantial, more persistent, more faithful, remain poised a long time, like souls, remembering, waiting, hoping, amid the ruins of all the rest; and bear unflinchingly, in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence, the vast structure of recollection.”
Marcel Proust

TRehfTRehf 72 days ago
Maybe the most oriental fragrance I own. Probably only wear it once a year. Longevity 10h+. Winter only. But gorgeous below -10 degrees C.
SAQIBSAQIB 11 months ago
its cold and I am loving it.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 15 months ago
Consider also Interlude Man incense and sweet myrrh interpretations by SA Shaghaf Oud Abyad & AAZ Midnight Oud. All three are outstanding.
BreadyBready 20 months ago
Whoa! Powerful stuff here! 1 spritz is all you need!
GabrielCEGabrielCE 20 months ago
Nice scent but I think there is better, especially since this smells to me like a more incense-heavy johnsons & johnsons baby shampoo. :)
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 21 months ago
The first 10/10/10/10 I gave to a perfume. Absolute dream.
YKemYKem 2 years ago
Very smoky and spicy scent with a hint of sweetness. Extremely oriental and different.
MrFumejunkieMrFumejunkie 3 years ago
you don't wear interlude. interlude wears you. the beast called 'the master choker'. you feel suicidal? wear it in august in a 35c heat.
Rmf1112Rmf1112 4 years ago
Like carrying around a burning stick of the most magnificent incense. Stunning.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Resinous, oudy, (insense-)smoky, with fine spiciness and a subtle sweetness that balances out perfectly the resins.

by Kovex
by 3rdear
by Jfim88
by Jfim88
by OvidiuH
amouage - interlude man: beweihräucherung par excellence... ;)
by Felsn
by Zoltan76
by Hordak
by Hordak

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage