Interlude Man 2012

Interlude Man by Amouage
Interlude Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2012. The scent is smoky-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Pierre Negrin

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot OreganoOregano PimentoPimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmberAmber OpoponaxOpoponax FrankincenseFrankincense CistusCistus
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather OudOud PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.05.2022.

DrakecitoDrakecito 7 years ago
It has finally come to my hands this Amouage fragrance that had never been able to tried and had quite parked for comments he had read about his character...
DarthSlothDarthSloth 1 year ago
This is worse than black iris. But the opening is just gross. I bought a sample of this because everyone said it was really great and I wish I could...

Emreeryilmaz
It can be a nice scent for the BBQ party
Because of the thyme and pepper it contains, it definitely resembles the smell of a hamburger or a sauce prepared for a meat dish.

You will most likely smell like a meat dish if you use this scent. Because literally, brain receptors perceive this odor as a food odor.

I don't know who wants to smell like a spicy hamburger menu. After the scent is squeezed, it turns into a gum-like bergamot scent reminiscent of the "Memo Italian Leather" scent. After this point, the odor can be tolerated more, but the projection and sillage value of the odor is greatly lost until it reaches this point.

It starts to decrease in the skin within 3 hours.
It stays on fabric for more than 8 hours.
When you leave a room, the smell stays in the room.

Projection: 9/10
Sillage: 7/10
Longevity: 9/10
Fragrance Quality: 4/10

The Blue Beast Rises
To be perfectly honest, I was really not a fan of this fragrance when I initially smelled it: It really was overwhelmingly ashy and overbearing. I have since come around and this has climbed to the very top of my favourites.

This scent is an explosion of smoke and incense with a sprinkle of amber. I'm not seasoned enough to dissect the fragrance and explain what every note is doing but I can confirm that this is a fragrance that will only appeal to a small subset of the population. The Blue Beast, as it has come to be known, strays very wildly towards the horizon and may be too daring for most. The scent is unbelievably heavy and has some of the most monstrous performance I have ever encountered. In short, this fragrance will very easily be still projecting out into the world the next day. This is no exaggeration - I have been on the road over the weekend for work and have this monster casting fire and smoke in every direction.

Most fragrances have a developing life cycle that will evolve from opening, heart and base but Interlude seems to be very linear and unchanging. From the initial spray to the next day, this fragrance will maintain its character. As refined and sophisticated as Interlude is, it does struggle with versatility: Because of how different the scent profile is, there are very limited places where this can be worn - If you're wearing this an upscale event, cheers to you but do not dream of wearing this scent to an office setting because may be dragged to the town's square and punished.

Overall, here is my rating:
Scent: 10/10
Pricing: 7/10
Versatility: 7/10
Longevity: 10/10
Projection: 10/10

King of parfum
I discovered it during my transit in dubai air port i can ensur you it's the unique thing who engrave a lot of memory of this trip a pure middel east scent . A lot of prince qatar emirates saudi arbia own it . The smell is tremondously agressive , progection + 3h ( 2-3m) last more than 24h on the clothes even after washing them . Ard al zaafaran dared tried to copy it by the midnight oud yet it can never ritch those performance , and the quality of premuim nich ingredients which make the scent natural to the nose at the contrary of ard al zaafaran or shaghaf oud abyaf or afnan supremacy incense , for me : Amouage interlude and pegassus exclusif are the best perfums never created

Incense and sweet spices
Some fragrances are such that you get the idea where the perfumer wants to go with them, but the fragrance is not there yet. Interlude, however, makes you feel like it is there already. An unapologetic oriental fragrance.

You want a genie in the lamp? Here is an attar in a spray bottle!

So what does it smell like? It smells like a place where sweet incense is burned and where spices are traded. It smells like a temple and a bazaar on a warm night. It is resinous and warm and full-bodied. It is stubborn and unyielding. There is no window that you can open to clear out the smell of a bazaar. No one will stop the crowd that is constantly bringing the incense to the temple to burn. The only time it will subside is when it cools down before the morning of the next day. So, if you are looking for this scent profile, here is certainly one such execution.
Mo5
You have to like incense
To wear the fragrance you have to like incense and woody scents, with this fragrance you fall on, which must not always be positive.
Definitely only what for cold days and what for outdoors or for large open spaces (eg museum), otherwise you slay his neighbor with the sillage. In certain environments (medieval castle ruins, church, medieval markets) I'm not even sure if you will recognize as a perfume or if you make his environment (old walls, church furniture) for the smells around you responsible for it.
Be careful when spraying, otherwise it's too strong, for me three to four sprays are enough.
The price is reasonable, but I lack the means to wear this fragrance, so the bottle is quite large for its limited uses.
Very special royal aloof fragrance, which the royal blue color also emphasizes a lot.
The bottle beautifies any shelf in any case.

ScentSlave
So, the clone made me buy the real version…
…and boy am I glad I did. The clone (Afnan Supremacy Incense) was great and left me wanting the real version, and after I picked it up and gave it a shot, I’m sitting here with a huge smile on my face.

You can definitely tell that the ingredients are of a much higher quality, and that drydown is ever so fantastic. Such a rich, vibrant, and sweet tone it leaves.

Performance wise, it’s also second to none. Projection is CrAzY for the first 2 hours, then it backs down to a 1-2ft radius for another 2hours, then it sits as a fantastic skin scent until you scrub it off (however long that may be). Sillage is also ever present, until skin scent mode starts, but even then, when people get close, they WILL smell you.

Cost wise, I’m happy I bought it, but should YOU do it? I’d say try Afnan Supremacy Incense first, and then if you like THAT, pull the trigger.
The Blue Beast
Yes the Interlude,

a fragrance like no other.
Sweet spicy herbaceous with a little leather.
Like it???
Probably not everyone.
Is he portable?
Not always but more often if you know how to deal with him.
It is a fragrance with brutal silage and durability of the definitely not on warm days Tragbar is, because he crushes you and the nuances come rather badly.

The Interlude is a powerhouse for cold rainy days, days on which Freshies and short-lived sweet designers drown under the thick jackets. Days on which you want to be carried by the scent and every now and then a nice soft breath of fragrance nestles around your nose. For this is the Interlude.

I have done at first after the purchase really hard with him, often wrong and used too high doses. Meanwhile, he is but n stable companion for me just now where the days are getting colder he is also perceived by my environment quite positive.

The Interlude should be bought in no case blind, but an extensive filling to test get hold of and even then play with the thought whether you want to have him. I believe namely that I will have emptied before the empty is rather 1000 other flacons.

Fact is it is a great and interesting fragrance from the house Amouage. He is not for the younger generation. And has enormous recognition value, everyone who has smelled it before recognizes it again.
Noneya
The holy blue beast from the Middle East.
My story about this fragrance begins in the summer of last year. Who is too much text, scroll down to the paragraph :-)
I had at that time a trip to Crete behind me and had a small bottling of another Amouage fragrance with me on vacation. In the scorching heat - so my thought - the oriental ingredients of this house certainly unfold splendidly, in fact: I fell in love with the extraordinary DNA of Amouage and wore this other fragrance (Journey Man) so daily. So when I read various sites (I didn't have a full bottle of Amouage at the time) about what fragrances Journey Man contained and what exactly I was smelling here, "Interlude Man" was suggested to me. The beautiful deep blue/gold classy bottle was love at first sight, but the polarized reviews initially put me off. Everything I could read confused me more than I could imagine anything behind the "Blue Beast from the Middle East". So I ordered a sample from the electronic bay. I was so curious and euphoric that I watched video after video on YouTube to know in advance what could possibly be behind these mysterious-looking ingredients - Saturday morning the doorbell rang: the sample was there. I opened the golden lid of the small tube and was confused at first - what do I smell here?! "It smells kind of sad and I don't think it's really mine..." was my first thought. I didn't understand the scent at first and wasn't aware of its power in the slightest... the bottle... I must have this beautiful bottle! I kept thinking to myself... and so at the end of August, when the first cool days were setting in, I "blindly" ordered a full bottle when I found it reduced. Again the waiting began and 2 weeks went by, during which I smelled the little atomizer over and over again - but didn't dare to spray it on. Paradox - I know. And again the doorbell rang and I held my first Amouage bottle in my hand. I was overwhelmed by the packaging and the beauty of the bottle, so it didn't even bother me whether I would wear it or not. September came and I sprayed Interlude Man on for the first time - a single spray. No more. Again that herbaceous note that I took to be "sad", then a blast of resins, smoke, tart woody notes and yet a balsamic smoothness with a sweet bergamot. I still didn't understand the scent, but realized it was many times stronger than anything I'd known up to that point. In the afternoon, still rocking back and forth, I could perceive a veritable cloud of fragrance, growing sweeter and more pleasant.

Back to the scent:

My first impression was completely revised - this is an incredibly full, rich (in choice ingredients) and beautiful fragrance. It is very unique and polarizing - you either love it or hate it. I for one loved this scent more and more the more I wore it and couldn't get enough of that "sacred" aura - the incense and precious resins had me spellbound like a genie out of a bottle. Depending on the temperature outside, I keep smelling small, subtle differences in the scent on my skin. Also, the statement that this is a winter fragrance, I can not share (more). Except for sports, this fragrance always goes, as long as you dare to wear it with pride and joy. The dose makes the poison :-)

Together with Jubilation XXV, Journey Man and Reflection Man my absolute favorite fragrance - but certainly the most unique and mystical seeming - you read it out, I'm in love with "The Blue Beast from the Middle East" and recommend it to anyone who is brave enough to be enchanted by him by wearing it a few times.

Thank you Amouage, for another masterpiece!

Be careful!
To this fragrance I would write above all: very careful treatment ! I think a 100ml bottle lasts a lifetime. Very carefully applied fragrance is great, charming, virile, beautiful. Careless use turns that fragrance into a weapon of mass destruction. Especially in a confined space, an office, Public transport .... . So 1-2 spritzers and we can go out into the world. Everyone will know about you, you're not going anywhere. It's such a unique fragrance that Black Iris and 53 are completely useless acts by a perfumer who has lost his drive.
Fragrance Explosion
Amouage Interlude, a fragrance with which the opinions could hardly be more divided. Either one loves or one hates him.

As a fan of intense and also oriental fragrances I wanted to convince myself and found Interlude after a long search in a perfumery during a city trip.

Although I had already smelled my nose almost sore and I discovered the Interlude, which was kept like all other niche fragrances behind the cash register quite hidden, very late, the first fragrance sample was overwhelming. Arguably, I belong to the part of humanity that immediately finds this scent comforting. In my past, even before I discovered the world of perfumes for me I was on the one hand privately and professionally (former soldier) in many oriental and Muslim countries such as Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Pakistan on the road.

Austere fragrances that literally blow you away, so I was already used to.

So the nice saleswoman sprayed a blast into the handkerchief and as I smelled it, I instantly felt transported back to Kabul, where that smell of oriental spices, smoky notes and myrrh is present in every good store.

Interlude is heavy and at first it overwhelms you. But after a short time, when the pimento note has faded, it becomes a little softer and smokier, which does not change much over many hours, as it is very linear. However, it doesn't lose any of its intensity or presence. Anyone who wears Interlude wants to be noticed. That much is certain.

Durability and sillage are enormous. Even after showering still to smell on the skin. My last wash included a shirt that had been in the hamper for over a week. When taking out of the laundry basket, I had the feeling to have just provided the shirt with it.

For me personally meanwhile my absolute favorite scent, even if he does not like everyone and I am often addressed to it.... both positive and negative.

Connoisseur6Connoisseur6 5 months ago
I have a decant of this and Interlude Man is really not for me... The incense is so strong it's slightly off-putting to my nose. Hard pass.
OmardoOmardo 5 months ago
powerful, strong incense based perfume. Amouage aura that makes it sofisticate even not being delicate.
Maximus001Maximus001 8 months ago
The king of bold, heavy, complex and manly scents.
DylanbluemanDylanblueman 10 months ago
for me one of the most off putting fragrances
Blako11Blako11 12 months ago
This fragrance is undoubtedly the flagship of the Amouage house. Simply wonderful and unique. This scent transports you to Oman.
INDIGOSPHINXINDIGOSPHINX 1 year ago
reminds me of bel ami vetiver because of the oppoponax and incense, very comforting and relaxing
DTCDTC 1 year ago
Perfumon en toda regla. Abre especiado a tope con el orégano y el secado es una maravilla dulzona por el Ámbar pachuli.
Un must have
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
Initially citric spicy-earthy, this rather dark and smoky, spicy resinous-sweet Winter fragrance, settles to a dusty earthy-woody base.
TRehfTRehf 2 years ago
Maybe the most oriental fragrance I own. Probably only wear it once a year. Longevity 10h+. Winter only. But gorgeous below -10 degrees C.
SAQIBSAQIB 2 years ago
its cold and I am loving it.

by Kovex
by Felix90
by 3rdear
by 3rdear
by RikR315
amouage - interlude man: beweihräucherung par excellence... ;)
by Felsn
by Parfumlove90
by Hordak
by Hordak

Popular by Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Reflection 45 by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude 53 by Amouage Homage by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Memoir Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage