Interlude Man 2012

Interlude Man by Amouage
Interlude Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2012. The scent is smoky-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Pierre Negrin

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Oregano, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Opoponax, Frankincense, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.04.2021.

5.5
Balticsea
He's not a legend! He exists! And I have seen him!
I close my eyes. My breathing slows instantly and everything around me disappears. I feel myself falling deeper and deeper. I don't fight it, even though a sneaking feeling creeps up on me that I'm going to regret this decision. But it doesn't matter now - nothing matters. And so it comes to pass that my consciousness finally gives way to infinite darkness, and my journey into the unknown begins once more.

I wake up. Still totally dazed and drowsy, I try to realize why I was startled up so abruptly. Was there a scream? Where am I? Why am I wearing clothes on my body and why is it so hot in here? A bad feeling creeps over me. But before I can even think clearly, I see it. The fire. Metre-high flames rise before my eyes. I don't have time to sort myself out - or think about the where and why. My mind stops and gives way to my instinct. And that screams "escape." I stand up and scan the surroundings. I'm standing in the middle of a hot landscape marked by blazing sand and scrub. It must be at least 40 degrees. Actually not much should thrive here - but I am surrounded by dry, leafless incense trees. Behind them, metre-high commiphores on fire. I can smell the burning resin of these myrrh trees and see the fire getting closer and closer. So I run. It gets hotter and hotter and then I hear it again - a scream. So bloodcurdling that a cold shiver runs down my spine despite the heat. I stop to look from which direction the scream came. And then I see it. A small gap in the undergrowth and behind it a tarred path. In the middle of the desert. And standing on that path is a man. I run towards the gap and fight my way through the flames that have now spread to the incense trees. I can feel the leather of my shoes slowly melting, but it doesn't matter now - nothing matters.

Thick smoke surrounds me, constricting my throat. Ten more meters - five - two. With my last ounce of strength, I set off to jump and dash through the burning brush. I land ungently on the path. The tar has melted from the heat and is sticking to my clothes, burning into my skin. And then I see him, and I realize abruptly that I've made a huge mistake. I can't feel anything anymore, not the heat, not the hot tar on my skin. Not the smoke in my lungs. Only fear. I look deep into his eyes. I open my mouth. "I know you. You're real. You are....." Before I can even say it he starts screaming-even louder than before. It's a scream like from the depths of hell - just like the locals described - and I know this is the end of me. He takes a step towards me, reaches out his hand and...

I wake up in a cold sweat. My wife shakes me. "It's all right honey, you're home, nothing can happen to you. Did you dream about him again? You were screaming." I look at her, still panicked, and say, "It was so bad, he was right in front of me. It was so incredibly real. The heat, the smoke. The fire....er." My wife calms me down and takes me deep into her arms. Gently she strokes my head and I slowly calm down. "It's all right now, he's only in your dreams, he's not real." I remain silent. My wife has no idea. I never told her what really happened five years ago in the fire in Oman. What I saw. I never told her. I never told anyone. Because no one, except the local Bedouin - a desert people of Oman - would have believed me. But I know he exists. I have seen him. He is not a legend. He exists. And I hope I never have to see him again. - the Interlude Man.

Review:

Flacon: 9/10

Beautiful, classy sprayer, but the deep blue doesn't fit the scent at all for me.

Fragrance: 5,5/10

The fragrance is simply a smoke-resin-spice monster. For me, unfortunately, only after 5 hours as soft and wearable as I would like him from the beginning. Until then for me just too unround and overloaded. Too bad. But we just don't become friends. He smells like a burning, oriental spice market whose bazaar tables were carved from myrrh trees.

Durability: 10/10

Short and sweet, I would have also given a 15. Even by washing not to remove.

Sillage: 10/10

To more than two sprayers I would not advise anyone. To smell for hours at over an arm's length

Compliments: 2/10

At least in my environment, the nose was turned up almost exclusively. A colleague told me that was the most awful fragrance I had ever worn. My wife also finds the creepy.

Wearability: 3/10

At most at temperatures below 5 degrees, please never in closed rooms. Hardly applicable for my sensation.

Conclusion:

I can already understand the hype, but to me he is just too much of everything, he did not go down well and I did not warm up to him. The fragrance is therefore moved on, but the legend lives!!

Until then...

Hanseatic greetings
Blue Beast? Definitely!
I have always seen the fragrance glimpsed on Youtube and decided that I make myself smart about the fragrance. After much research I decided to buy the blue beast. I used 2 sprays and was so overwhelmed by the scent. The scent was just extremely STRONG and even after 15 hours, the Interlude blew me away. My girlfriend complained because the scent is just too EXTREME. I am of the opinion that one spray is enough. The scent is smoky-sweet and has a mega sillage
0.5

DarthSloth
Not sure about this cult following
This is worse than black iris. But the opening is just gross. I bought a sample of this because everyone said it was really great and I wish I could go back in time. The opening legit turned my stomach in knots as if I needed to vomit , absolutely the worst opening to any scent to exist ; if there is worse than this, then please ban it.
Resin Power
Amouage Interlude Man is in my view THE resin perfume par excellence. The resins come through very strongly and dominate the perfume throughout. In addition to the resins, I also perceive oregano and some pepper, which in my view complement and round out the perfume very well. It is because of its offensive character no everyday perfume, but finds especially at the cold season quite followers among work colleagues and also among the girls.
The perfume is great class from my point of view, but who can wear it? It is often said that Amouage Interlude Man is a perfume for older men, but as someone in his mid-twenties, I would like to disagree with this assertion. From about after school, here you choose an absolutely excellent and at the same time unique perfume.
Jannik200999
A sheep in wolf's clothing
The blue beast, strongest perfume ever, unwearable,...
If you search for this fragrance, it does not take long until you also come across the above-mentioned designations. Me but that has not deterred, on the contrary, I wanted to finally test this controversial fragrance itself. So I spontaneously ordered a small filling. The package it was packed in smelled like Interlude from 50cm away. Quite potent, to say the least. Unpacked, sprayed on and yaaaa.... a resinous smoky wall that pulls straight into the brain. So were all those "scare stories" true?
Once you can appreciate the undeniable force of this fragrance, you can look forward to a contemplative Oriental desert journey. The austere top note evolves into a sweet and resinous dream after about 30min. Yes, he continues to be clearly niche, clearly not a typical Crowdpleaser and certainly NO BLINDBUY!
The incense and opoponax notes are omnipresent and have an incredibly contemplative, spiritual and relaxing effect on me. When the sandalwood joins in, I experience one of the best drydowns I know.

If you go only by the durability and sillage, you can perhaps talk about a "beast", because a bottle of this probably outlives its owner itself. He shines all day and all night. The fragrance considered he is certainly not a beast, on the contrary, he is meditative, mysterious, I associate him even with religious.

For me, "Interlude man" is art, and for the known you have to first develop a feeling.

Ptsau
Very Unique! Love it in my collection!
Amouage is one of best quality perfume brands. I tried many of them and found that the scents of this brand are just not my tastes (at least the old ones). I like dark, warm, smoky, woody, cozy, thick and sweet. I am ok with slight touch of floral or fruity but cannot exceed the amount I can tolerate. Oh man, I found most of the Amouage scents either have strong floral or strong citrus/fruity. They smell like lemon or flower scent dish soap poured all over you. They get even worse after the dry down. Especially the Reflection Man is the worst for my taste. I don’t understand the hype of it. Jubilation was ok but too Middle Eastern, which is not my taste. Then the surprise came when I smelled Interlude Man. It was a little too smoky at the beginning but it will soften up in couple minutes. It smell the best in its mid and base notes. I love it (the only old Amouage I love) except the opoponax in the foreground makes it not so wearable but it would softened up and go away in 1-2 hours. My husband loves the scent on himself too but he said it’s a little too masculine on me but I still wear it. I prefer masculine over feminine if I have to choose. The only reason I didn’t rate 10/10 because its performance is not as beastly as I expected. People says it had reformulated and performance had changed. I don’t appreciate the quality of a house is not stable.
Blue Wonder.
Before I write something about this fragrance, I would like to dedicate myself first of all to this eye candy of flacon.
Rarely have I seen such a beautiful bottle. Is of course everything always subjective feeling, because blue is my favorite color. Alone the cap with the stone in the middle and this beautiful deep blue bottle literally screams dominance... really super beautifully done.
10/10.

About the scent :
He starts very spicy and you could think in the first minutes you run through a spice bazaar in the Orient... you close your eyes... feels literally like you are enveloped by 1001 nights and can fall into a bed of mystery. Opoponax and incense are really very strong in the foreground....
Admittedly: For one or the other, this fragrance will be simply unwearable....
But before he starts to slay me with all his power and spice comes this insanely pleasant twist.
Because all of a sudden he gets all sweet and pulls me out of the spice bazaar and takes me to a place where sweet smells enchant me....

Not much needs to be said about the performance. One of the best in the world without exaggeration.
But I have to get rid of a thing at this point: My personal motto has always been "Beast or Bye". If a perfume had no performance, it was immediately uninteresting. But I increasingly notice that this is actually not always good. Sometimes it can act quickly times intrusive or simply become unpleasant ... if you apply a fragrance eg on a jacket and the next day or the day after the jacket still smells so ... it's just too much.
At least for people like us have more than one perfume to choose from..
Because then the mix the scents and I do not find that great.
What do you think? Am there sometimes something indecisive..

Conclusion :
Who wants to spend the necessary change for it, gets a very interesting, außegewöhnlichen fragrance with which one definitely stands out.
I would recommend it to anyone who stands on oriental, spicy fragrances.

Stay healthy you loves !

In this sense : Let's GO !

Mama Mia
I gotta be honest with you. I was a little skeptical about the perfume at first. I thought it was very, very rough and that it smelled mostly like oregano. I associate pizza with oregano. Hence the title. But after wearing it for a little longer, about 1 hour, this note has receded relatively into the background. Now it is a very warm, hearty smoky smell. This smoky note reminds me of the note from By the fireplace. In the meantime the vanilla also comes out better and it becomes more and more a sweet, smoky, tart scent. Very pleasant. You should give this perfume a second chance. Especially when I think about how little I was taken with the first time. Meanwhile I find the perfume almost as good as Reflection Man. It is of course a completely different direction. But I would say that the two fragrances complement each other perfectly from the seasons. Interlude Man Fall and Winter and Reflection Man Spring and Summer, with its fresh, floral, powdery note, similar to Prada l'Homme. Why is this perfume called Interlude? I'd like to know that myself. The only thing I can imagine is the already mentioned reference to the seasons. In any case, I would not recommend this product as a blind purchase. Even if it has convinced me after a long time of testing

Razvanyke
Did not met my expectations
I grew up in a house, in a small town, during the autumn cleaning we would gather leaves and fallen branches and burn them in the back yard, the smoke from that was getting in the clothes and Interlude on clothes smells 100% for me like that, plus extra oregano on top.

After I discovered this world of Niche and special perfumes, mainly due to Corona and more time at home, Interlude Man was really on my radar.

I bought Reflection man which is awesome and few others, but Interlude still was not known to me.
I bought a sample and sprayed it with huge expectations that I will mega like it - well, I don´t.

The smell is very smoky and somehow dark, initially is still tolerable but then the dry oregano is popping out and for me is like a dry oregano field, I can feel almost no other notes.

I sprayed it on a fresh from the wash t-shirt and honestly I then put it back in the washing basket, I am wondering if on the skin smells better but I do not even have interest to try.

Later edit:
I got brave and sprayed it on my skin, it is a different thing and the annoying oregano is muted now, not popping out anymore. The smoky dark scent is there and this could be worn by Dracula if you ask me, I still do not like it but it is not as bad as I thought. Overall scent note: 8
Chizza
Balanced resin mixture with a fine spice note
Well, how do you start a commentary on a frequently commented, well-known and controversially rated fragrance? Does it need my comment at all? Doesn't everybody already know how Interlude Man smells?
I don't want to judge all this, but I would like to classify the fragrance objectively and compare it with Midnight Oud, which is a wonderfully successful dupe and is mentioned again and again.
Interlude doesn't immediately start with that roasted oregano drone and the pimento's pungent appeal as you might expect. Rather, it is as if the fragrance is starting to take off, wanting to recharge itself, because the beginning is still harmless for the first moments, although you feel that there is more to come. The bergamot is given room to unfold. This gives the fragrance these impressive and profound nuances that set it apart from pure spice or incense scents, which initially give it the aura described above.
For comparison, these nuances actually go off Midnight Oud. Likewise, the opoponax is shorter in the copy, it influences the incense less. Without knowledge of Interlude, I would call both negligible, because Midnight Oud is successful.
But now that I know Interlude and the resin of myrrh makes the incense much more diverse, intense and in my eyes more exciting and radiant, I can't help but say that this is the 5% that raises the original one level.
This softness of sweet myrrh combined with the intense resin of incense, this is original, this has style. As time goes by, Interlude Man gradually opens up and also shows us how amber and cistus caress the resins, keep them in shape and seem to ensure the right amount. Fantastic; although rarely the resins combined with oregano are groundbreaking, the fragrance varies diligently and is the opposite of linear. Either way, we are a long way from the incense burners of the churches of this world.
You have to let yourself in on the scent in order to be able to fully grasp it olfactorically. Many people make the mistake and close their minds to the incense without giving the other scents the chance of perception.
A quick word about the base: the base notes are for me nothing more than the foundation on which Interlude was built. None of it stands out, everything supports the spicy and resinous notes in the best possible way. Patchouli you might be able to guess from the slightly earthy notes, oud I don't notice, leather even less.
Interlude is worth its money for me because of its small nuances, its more detailed elaboration if you like to wear such fragrances often and with pleasure. If you only find the fragrance exciting, if you only decide to use it every few months, you are better off with Midnight Oud as a 95% copy, at least in monetary terms. Amouage is a label that offers variety and is successful with several extremes. I would say that whoever likes Journey Man also likes Interlude. Conversely, due to the sharpness of Journey Man, this is not certain, because the allspice is there but not very sharp.
Of course you have to keep in mind: if you do not like intensive resin scents, you are completely wrong here. The scent is loud, intense and demanding. For lovers of such fragrances this is a single pleasure, for others too much. In fact the scent is not perceived by the environment as an intensive "smoke bomb" but as a fragrant scent with various associations ranging from Christmas market to anywhere else.
I, for one, could spend hours on the sofa smelling and sniffing my wrist. If only my wife wouldn't look at me as if I was mentally impaired ;)

DTCDTC 1 month ago
Perfumon en toda regla. Abre especiado a tope con el orégano y el secado es una maravilla dulzona por el Ámbar pachuli.
Un must have
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 3 months ago
Initially citric spicy-earthy, this rather dark and smoky, spicy resinous-sweet Winter fragrance, settles to a dusty earthy-woody base.
TRehfTRehf 8 months ago
Maybe the most oriental fragrance I own. Probably only wear it once a year. Longevity 10h+. Winter only. But gorgeous below -10 degrees C.
SAQIBSAQIB 1 year ago
its cold and I am loving it.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Consider also Interlude Man incense and sweet myrrh interpretations by SA Shaghaf Oud Abyad & AAZ Midnight Oud. All three are outstanding.
BreadyBready 2 years ago
Whoa! Powerful stuff here! 1 spritz is all you need!
GabrielCEGabrielCE 2 years ago
Nice scent but I think there is better, especially since this smells to me like a more incense-heavy johnsons & johnsons baby shampoo. :)
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
The first 10/10/10/10 I gave to a perfume. Absolute dream.
YKemYKem 3 years ago
Very smoky and spicy scent with a hint of sweetness. Extremely oriental and different.
MrFumejunkieMrFumejunkie 4 years ago
you don't wear interlude. interlude wears you. the beast called 'the master choker'. you feel suicidal? wear it in august in a 35c heat.

by Kovex
by Kovex
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by 3rdear
by 3rdear
by Felix90
by OvidiuH
amouage - interlude man: beweihräucherung par excellence... ;)
by Felsn
by Parfumlove90
by Hordak
by Hordak

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man 53 by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage