Jubilation XXV Man 2008

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage
Top 9 in Men's Perfume
Jubilation XXV Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2008. The scent is oriental-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBlackberry, Davana, Coriander, Labdanum, Orange, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Gaiac wood, Honey, Laurel, Orchid, Rose, Celery seed, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Immortelle, Moss, Musk, Myrrh, Opoponax, Oud, Patchouli, Atlas cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.10.2020.

On the anniversary: Dechafour's handwriting
Once you are registered on Parfumo, you will inevitably hear about some perfumes. Anniversary is one of those. I got to know the fragrance - DNA through a Dupe by Rasasi, which seemed rather overloaded, so I lost my interest without ever having smelled it. I only became curious again when I took a closer look at Bertrand Duchafour, of whom I know several works and who I consider to be the greatest perfume I know. Duchafour certainly has two sides; firstly, the insignificance of many designs, which is certainly due to the unusually high-frequency output for a niche market, and secondly, the genius and significance of some of the few masterpieces. These few have one thing in common, they are highly emotional, difficult to grasp in their entirety, because they are loaded with expressive and strong aromas, at the same time never slain, never intrusive.
Jubilation XXV fits exactly in this direction. Though clearly oriental in nature, but well dosed in the Duchafour manner, it manages to create an unmistakable fragrance DNA adapted to the European market. This is what the house of Amouage stands for, in a way, in connection with superior quality. A perfect choice of perfumer to create the 25th anniversary fragrance.
I will describe the fragrance itself only briefly, others before me have done so extensively Duchafour and better. As in other perfumes by Duchafour, a natural, unsweet fruit is placed in the center of attention and ensnares by tart, strong players without being covered or put in the shade.
What Timbuktu's mango and the Dzongkha's lychee is, the blackberry is to Jubi. This is lost in perfect symbiosis with gently purring puma cage animalism, as well as mild incense, not of the sacred variety, rather cultivated, freed from any scratchy disturbing symptoms. This is also known from the two perfumes mentioned above. The blackberry is in the top note, there still supported by the orange clearly more fruity, most present, but remains the course of the noticeable. Despite resins and a certain bite, Jubilation never looks grubby, dirty or sweaty. A flowery cleanliness is always maintained, which in no way contradicts the main components. This is what I count especially to the heart notes given.
In the base, leather, resin and oud are surprisingly mild, plus a musk component that smells so soft that even I, as a musk hater, like it.
So what's that smell like? Animalistic but well-groomed. Manly but not impulsive.
Woody, dark but not heavy.
The Sillage is quite reserved, only a hint of the fragrance remains, an idea of the individual notes, a teaser that makes you want more.
For an oriental fragrance, he radiates quite little, you may like it or not, but it only speaks for Duchafour's handwriting, his perfumes hardly ever come to the fore in a boorish way.

I would recommend it for autumn and winter, at any time of day or night, but not necessarily for going out. I wouldn't classify him in the seductive direction.

You can certainly call Jubilation XXV a career highlight. For a house like Amouage to choose you to create a fragrance for its 25th anniversary, and to have it become so popular - that's a knighthood beyond compare. In my opinion, it wasn't his greatest, but it was the most prestigious If you like this perfume, I strongly recommend to try other fragrances by Bertrand Dechafour

Oceansprince
Dark pine forest forgotten in Heaven
Oh my God,!! What a blessing to add this amazing woody, fresh,resin, dark perfume to my collection...
I thought that I couldn’t find something similar, until now..
It brings me back to this flight from Holland to Greece, when i return from my loving wife ...
And i show this woman trying to sell me some fragrances.. She spray to my hand my signature perfume until yesterday.. i was falling in love from the highest skies.
I buy it at once..
Looking outside the sad clouds and the sun falling to a pink orange color.. sniffing and dreaming this woody fresh from Hermes
Before i left airport in Athens i buy from store there another 200 ml...
That was many years ago...
I was wondering if there is another masterpiece with the same mood, similar dreamy aura..
Jubilation 25 hug my senses from first touch.. Amouage quality, perfect silage for a man and above average longevity
After the first sharp, spicy, orange kiss a mystery heart from ancient woods drives me in a deep, dark pine forest..
Hoping to get lost inside to this glowing fog from the green mountains..
I lay down at the middle of the rain,
Some cinnamon leaves flying over the soil..
The drops are sweet
Highest trees moved slowly as the warm wind fight hard and spit resin from their soul...
The road is wide, endless and dark
Long and linear..
That aroma fly around me like it always looking also for me , as i always searching for it... not loud, but perfectly, manly
Resin - honey - blackberry
At least for my nose, these are the three most dominant notes in this perfume, after a day of testing. In combination, the whole thing looks quite noble; of all the perfumes I've been able to test so far, this is the most expensive one. It's almost a golden scent - not metallic-golden; more like honey-gold, bedded on tree resin. One could also say: royal-opulent, but never obtrusive. The fir cone-like resinousness, the honey sweetness and the blackberry are always present and together give a balanced picture. Fits perfectly with a golden watch/chain and dark, noble clothes. I also wear it with all other outfits, on summer evenings, autumn days or winter. The scent is somewhere between sexy and gourmand. Smells very unique in any case. No comment on the price
Great smell, but..
So now it's time for my first comment here on Parfumo and my first rating for a fragrance ever...

Jubilation XXV Man - A wonderful fragrance that captivated me from the first moment. In the beginning it is mainly the combination of blackberry and honey surrounded by incense that is clearly perceptible and that makes me sniff my skin again and again with deep breaths. I have never known any other perfume before, but I am only just entering the world of niche fragrances.

Over time, the fascinating complexity becomes more and more apparent. Spicy, woody, warm, slightly sweet... Where other perfumes quickly become boring for me, this is definitely not the case here. I've often read that Jubilation XXV is especially recommended for fall/winter. I also like to wear it in summer, but only in the evening, when the temperatures have subsided a bit. But I can imagine that it will be even better during the colder season and I am already excited about it!
Now, the big but... Durability and projection really leave a lot to be desired. On my skin it only lasts for 2 - 3 hours intensively for my own nose, before it gets weaker and after 4 - 5 hours it is hardly noticeable for me. I also have to apply it on my arms and sniff very close to my skin to notice it. Unfortunately I do not notice too much of the scent on my neck. Strangely enough it is completely different with my girlfriend... She can perceive it much longer and more intensive on me than I can.

In the end, however, after the test with a bottling, I had to buy a full 100 ml bottle very quickly. Despite the problems with durability and projection, I simply like the fragrance itself too much!
Magineer
It#s a boring life out there but someone#s gotta live it...
An early darkened autumn evening, light drizzle dances in front of the street lamps. The sidewalks are still full of people when K. comes out of the office and joins the crowd. He clings to his bag a little as the stream of bodies sweeps him through the pedestrian zone, and although he would like nothing more than to have his feet now hanging felt-slippered over the right-hand couch backrest, the cosy yellow light of a fragrance boutique, trimmed to the old-fashioned style, seduces him to stop and take a break. The main thing is to get out of the rain...

It's warm inside. It smells as if a couple of perfume bottles have exploded - or maybe it's the loudly discussing club of the executive secretaries, who single-mindedly clear the Jo Malone shelf and generously distribute the contents over the iris-fogged office aura they have brought in on their décolleté. K. turns around and unexpectedly stands in front of the shelf, which, like a lamp spirit, promises the fulfilment of all his wishes. A glittering mélange of gold, white and various primary colours, centred around a coat of arms of the sun, which celebrates the glory of abundance in its splendour. K. unerringly reaches into the compartment in front of him, pulls out the bottle that seems most beautiful to him and holds it up to the light. Of course, only he hears the choir of angels, which is at this moment blaring a hallelujah at the top of its voice, but his rapturous look now even catches the eye of the approaching saleswoman, who stops in horror at this moment and pretends to be on the trail of a dirt stain in the Chanel corner. K. feels the magnetic lid, just a small movement ... the gate to heaven is open, he pushes the spray head down, spreads his arms and runs into the cloud.

Twenty minutes later, K. gets off the tram, crosses the pedestrian lights and disappears across the street into the entrance of the building. A lonely blackberry blows down the street when the door falls into the lock. Two minutes later the light goes on on the second floor, K.'s silhouette can be seen at the window, just a brief moment. Then silence reigns, interrupted only once more by the sound of the toilet flushing,

Outside, a few other blackberries remain indecisive, while a hint of incense wafts hesitantly around them, drawing the attention of some cinnamon sticks. A rose, which has managed to jump off just in time before the oud, joins the illustrious group. They all know that it will be a short evening for them and the question about the sense of their existence is therefore unnecessary. Born under a bad star and then simply all together in the wrong batch, the only thing left for them now is to wring a last smile from the night and then, as a faint hint of former glory, to be carried away by the wind before dusk. Only the honey has drawn the lucky card: Ashamedly he snuggles up a little under the warming feather blanket on K., because at the latest when the Biedermeier clock in the living room strikes six, the landlord will open the window and drive away even the last memory of Amouage's "Jubilation XXV"
It's a boring life out there, but someone's gotta live it...

Awesome!
This juice really hits the nail.
Opening out with very natural crispy sweet fruity blackberry/raspberry notes with honey and after approximately two hours begins the drydown into incense-y sandalwood or oudish tobacco territory with hints of myrrh.

Very complex stuff that just oozes quality and confidence.

This is extremely well balanced and the longevity of the drydown is just crazy, I get 8 to 10 hours easily without the sillage fading at all.

If it weren't so darn expensive, I'd get a barrel full of it and use it for showering - well, just dreaming I guess...

reformulated review
i have reformulated version and i can say its very long lasting compliment getter and unique fragrance its worth every penny its very high end niche quality. its exellent perfume if weather is colder or at colder nights not good for summer if u live in hot area, price is high but really you will get quality stuff ot something mainstream niche quality. i love blackcurrent and honey inside.

Boring blending mess...
I've been wondering for ages what everyone has found in this scent... Well, not everyone has such an 'alien' analytical nose and sometimes it annoys me to meticulously analyse this addiction to every single scent. Before I go for a review, I wear the scent several times and take notes by the book about every tiny movement of the notes contained in the juice. That's how it was with Jubilation. The first sniff was... yes, okay... it's good... but 'royal' is definitely not and 'the scent of scents' isn't either and 'divine creation' isn't either. And after wearing and analyzing it 3 times I finally realized: This is a completely random and aimlessly squeezed soup, without sense or understanding, the notes not balanced, stirred and shaken to olfactory powerlessness. In this broth the notes do not dance with each other, they are in a permanent war. The blackberry spits in the Opoponax's face while fighting tirelessly to the base for its right, and Mr. Opoponax kicks the blackberry's ass with a swinging agressive. And so it is with all the notes there. Honey and cloves and cinnamon... What the fuck, man? Who makes the SO a mixture with such an imbalance? And what for? Perhaps the 'royal' thing about the scent is the fact that kings have constantly started wars... I don't want to smell like that. A war, a soup, a fiasco. And a very boring fiasco, too. It could have been a nice scent if you had been more involved with blending. I would do things differently and above all throw out 25% of the notes so that one doesn't have to fight with the other for their rights. A very, very stressful fragrance for me. And extremely overpriced on top of that.

A genie in a bottle
This is a very unique perfume. I don't know any other I could compare with in terms of notes, blending and scent.
The fruity opening (mainly blackberry) is sweet and semi fresh and... Oriental as it comes together with a load of labdanum and incense. I never experienced such an amount of balsamic notes with a fresh opening.
The heart gives you a range of sweet floral facets and spices.
The bottom is very woody, resinous and balsamic, plus a touch of oud and smoke.
The evolution is quite complex but very pleasing and the different phases succeed with a lot of harmony, each one of them never really coming to an end.
It just marks one's presence for more than 8 hours, with an above average sillage and projection.
Is it the best Amouage so far? Probably! At least it's the best Amouage for my taste.
The ingredients have superb quality, it's very manly, a natural ladies pleaser, and it does reunite a lot of positive consense around it.
I could not help using it today.

How does Jubilation XXV copes with ratings?
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent Opening:.........9,0 (fantastic)
Scent Drydown:........9.5 (close to perfection)
Longevity:..................9.0 (solid 9~10 hours in my skin)
Sillage:........................8.0 (6 feet sillage with 2.5 hours projection)
Uniqueness:.............10.0 (do you know a similar perfume?)
Wearability:...............8.0 (Fall, Winter and cold Spring days)
Versatility:.................8.0 (at leisure, formal events, evening and night out)
Compliments:...........9.0 (ladies seem to love it a lot)
Quality:......................9.5 (well above average quality ingredients)
Presentation:............8.0 (no comments)
Price:..........................5.5 (€150,00 - 100 ml)
Overall rating: 8,50/10.0
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Opinion: One of the best scents on the market for my taste. A bit pricey though.
Recommended? Yes, but only if you don't object the high price.
Blind buy worthy? No! Do try it before you buy it.

Music: "Soon" by Yes
What a surprise
Since I joined Parfumo at the end of last year, I've been getting my sense of smell up to speed. I've always been a fragrance enthusiast, but I've only had such a real interest in brands, fragrance components and fragrances since I joined Parfumo at the end of 2018 What I found out very quickly was that I generally prefer fresh fragrances. A bit of wood, fruit and green is also well tolerated. But they must not be too heavy and oriental- phew Deiwel!

Since I had "unfortunately" found very fast interest in the so-called niche fragrances, the first sample of the house Amouage followed sometime also. It was Reflection, which attracted me with its proximity to Le Male (yes, not everyone wants to sign it like that, completely ok). I also enjoyed bathing in Le Male in the late nineties and I myself have my share in the present reputation of this still good, but for me now unwearable fragrance. Even if Reflection is an excellent drop, there are too few possibilities for me to wear the fragrance in everyday life. In my scheme Reflection is not an everyday scent that I want to have around me all the time, but rather the scent for special occasions. There are however only few times per year and for it he is too expensive for me then nevertheless in the acquisition.

I then devoted myself to testing fresh/citric/aquatic fragrances again and unfortunately found "exactly my" fragrance far too often and have now also included it in my constantly increasing bottle collection.
Last week, however, I was sent another Amouage specimen. This time anniversary XXV.

…. I was stunned at first! For the first time I had associations with the perfumer masters with their little plants, the oils, the pistons and tubes in which the essences find their way into the flacons, even for the first time I perceived a perfume as a true masterpiece and work of art
The smell itself is not as heavy as I had expected and "feared". Jubilation wraps you up warm and makes you feel protected and comfortable. I find the incense in the top note only very discreet, the orange quite pleasantly strong. As the fragrance progresses, it loses some of its radiance, but still remains warm and caressing. In the base note I find a certain proximity to Reflection - here Jubilation becomes a bit cooler, but still cuddly.

For me a masterpiece of the very first quality and not at all as oriental as feared. However, the heat vibrating with me has something oppressive on me permanently - yes, I feel almost too protected. Perhaps it simply turns out that my preferences are too much in the area of freshness and I miss this splashing, clean feeling of freshness in the long run. That's why Jubilation XXV will be denied entry to my bottle area.

But dear Amouage perfumers: You really have it in you!

GreMuserGreMuser 55 days ago
Very luxurious, there's quality without any doubt. Opens similar to Oud Wood, resinous and balsamic, then dries more on the oud side.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 83 days ago
Jubilation XXV is very complex, addictive and gives you confidence. It opens with balsamic blackberries and continues floral, woody, smoky.
GONZALOGONZALO 113 days ago
My absolute favourite. You won't find out there any other scrnt so masterfully crafted. The composition is pure genius and pleasure.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 117 days ago
Despite its short-lived fruity opening, this rather linear spicy-earthy oriental fragrance is nicely balanced by a warm resinous-woody base.
CumhranfearCumhranfear 10 months ago
"Blackberry incense on top of a medicinal wood", Fragrantica correctly says. There's only left to add, "and a skin scent in five minutes".
Carlitos01Carlitos01 16 months ago
Very unique blending of high quality fruits, spices, incense and resins. It's maybe the most oriental of the Amouage male line. I love it!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Opulent scent. Luxurious, warm resinous perfume. Absolute love
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
A very complex aroma to please us in a simple way. Sweet, woody, amber, dark, smokey ... It seems tailor made for me! My Christmas perfume!
PioPio 2 years ago
What can I say. The best perfume out there- hands down. An amazing scent. Worth having in your collection. A true masterpiece.
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 4 years ago
I had the reformulated version. The scent are warm & smooth. A very please & sophisticated scent I ever encountered. Feel like in heaven.

by Irini
by DaVinci
by TomLavender
by TomLavender
by Fedaie
der wohl beste duft der welt, eine klasse für sich
by Miaw2
by Whadelse89
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage