Jubilation XXV Man (2008)

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage

Top 9 in Men's Perfume
Jubilation XXV Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2008. The scent is oriental-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackberry, Davana, Coriander, Labdanum, Orange, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Gaiac wood, Honey, Laurel, Orchid, Rose, Celery seed, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Immortelle, Moss, Musk, Myrrh, Opoponax, Oud, Patchouli, Atlas cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.07.2020.

Magineer
It#s a boring life out there but someone#s gotta live it...
An early darkened autumn evening, light drizzle dances in front of the street lamps. The sidewalks are still full of people when K. comes out of the office and joins the crowd. He clings to his bag a little as the stream of bodies sweeps him through the pedestrian zone, and although he would like nothing more than to have his feet now hanging felt-slippered over the right-hand couch backrest, the cosy yellow light of a fragrance boutique, trimmed to the old-fashioned style, seduces him to stop and take a break. The main thing is to get out of the rain...

It's warm inside. It smells as if a couple of perfume bottles have exploded - or maybe it's the loudly discussing club of the executive secretaries, who single-mindedly clear the Jo Malone shelf and generously distribute the contents over the iris-fogged office aura they have brought in on their décolleté. K. turns around and unexpectedly stands in front of the shelf, which, like a lamp spirit, promises the fulfilment of all his wishes. A glittering mélange of gold, white and various primary colours, centred around a coat of arms of the sun, which celebrates the glory of abundance in its splendour. K. unerringly reaches into the compartment in front of him, pulls out the bottle that seems most beautiful to him and holds it up to the light. Of course, only he hears the choir of angels, which is at this moment blaring a hallelujah at the top of its voice, but his rapturous look now even catches the eye of the approaching saleswoman, who stops in horror at this moment and pretends to be on the trail of a dirt stain in the Chanel corner. K. feels the magnetic lid, just a small movement ... the gate to heaven is open, he pushes the spray head down, spreads his arms and runs into the cloud.

Twenty minutes later, K. gets off the tram, crosses the pedestrian lights and disappears across the street into the entrance of the building. A lonely blackberry blows down the street when the door falls into the lock. Two minutes later the light goes on on the second floor, K.'s silhouette can be seen at the window, just a brief moment. Then silence reigns, interrupted only once more by the sound of the toilet flushing,

Outside, a few other blackberries remain indecisive, while a hint of incense wafts hesitantly around them, drawing the attention of some cinnamon sticks. A rose, which has managed to jump off just in time before the oud, joins the illustrious group. They all know that it will be a short evening for them and the question about the sense of their existence is therefore unnecessary. Born under a bad star and then simply all together in the wrong batch, the only thing left for them now is to wring a last smile from the night and then, as a faint hint of former glory, to be carried away by the wind before dusk. Only the honey has drawn the lucky card: Ashamedly he snuggles up a little under the warming feather blanket on K., because at the latest when the Biedermeier clock in the living room strikes six, the landlord will open the window and drive away even the last memory of Amouage's "Jubilation XXV"
It's a boring life out there, but someone's gotta live it...

Awesome!
This juice really hits the nail.
Opening out with very natural crispy sweet fruity blackberry/raspberry notes with honey and after approximately two hours begins the drydown into incense-y sandalwood or oudish tobacco territory with hints of myrrh.

Very complex stuff that just oozes quality and confidence.

This is extremely well balanced and the longevity of the drydown is just crazy, I get 8 to 10 hours easily without the sillage fading at all.

If it weren't so darn expensive, I'd get a barrel full of it and use it for showering - well, just dreaming I guess...

reformulated review
i have reformulated version and i can say its very long lasting compliment getter and unique fragrance its worth every penny its very high end niche quality. its exellent perfume if weather is colder or at colder nights not good for summer if u live in hot area, price is high but really you will get quality stuff ot something mainstream niche quality. i love blackcurrent and honey inside.

Boring blending mess...
I've been wondering for ages what everyone has found in this scent... Well, not everyone has such an 'alien' analytical nose and sometimes it annoys me to meticulously analyse this addiction to every single scent. Before I go for a review, I wear the scent several times and take notes by the book about every tiny movement of the notes contained in the juice. That's how it was with Jubilation. The first sniff was... yes, okay... it's good... but 'royal' is definitely not and 'the scent of scents' isn't either and 'divine creation' isn't either. And after wearing and analyzing it 3 times I finally realized: This is a completely random and aimlessly squeezed soup, without sense or understanding, the notes not balanced, stirred and shaken to olfactory powerlessness. In this broth the notes do not dance with each other, they are in a permanent war. The blackberry spits in the Opoponax's face while fighting tirelessly to the base for its right, and Mr. Opoponax kicks the blackberry's ass with a swinging agressive. And so it is with all the notes there. Honey and cloves and cinnamon... What the fuck, man? Who makes the SO a mixture with such an imbalance? And what for? Perhaps the 'royal' thing about the scent is the fact that kings have constantly started wars... I don't want to smell like that. A war, a soup, a fiasco. And a very boring fiasco, too. It could have been a nice scent if you had been more involved with blending. I would do things differently and above all throw out 25% of the notes so that one doesn't have to fight with the other for their rights. A very, very stressful fragrance for me. And extremely overpriced on top of that.

A genie in a bottle
This is a very unique perfume. I don't know any other I could compare with in terms of notes, blending and scent.
The fruity opening (mainly blackberry) is sweet and semi fresh and... Oriental as it comes together with a load of labdanum and incense. I never experienced such an amount of balsamic notes with a fresh opening.
The heart gives you a range of sweet floral facets and spices.
The bottom is very woody, resinous and balsamic, plus a touch of oud and smoke.
The evolution is quite complex but very pleasing and the different phases succeed with a lot of harmony, each one of them never really coming to an end.
It just marks one's presence for more than 8 hours, with an above average sillage and projection.
Is it the best Amouage so far? Probably! At least it's the best Amouage for my taste.
The ingredients have superb quality, it's very manly, a natural ladies pleaser, and it does reunite a lot of positive consense around it.
I could not help using it today.

How does Jubilation XXV copes with ratings?
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent Opening:.........9,0 (fantastic)
Scent Drydown:........9.5 (close to perfection)
Longevity:..................9.0 (solid 9~10 hours in my skin)
Sillage:........................8.0 (6 feet sillage with 2.5 hours projection)
Uniqueness:.............10.0 (do you know a similar perfume?)
Wearability:...............8.0 (Fall, Winter and cold Spring days)
Versatility:.................8.0 (at leisure, formal events, evening and night out)
Compliments:...........9.0 (ladies seem to love it a lot)
Quality:......................9.5 (well above average quality ingredients)
Presentation:............8.0 (no comments)
Price:..........................5.5 (€150,00 - 100 ml)
Overall rating: 8,50/10.0
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Opinion: One of the best scents on the market for my taste. A bit pricey though.
Recommended? Yes, but only if you don't object the high price.
Blind buy worthy? No! Do try it before you buy it.

Music: "Soon" by Yes
What a surprise
Since I joined Parfumo at the end of last year, I've been getting my sense of smell up to speed. I've always been a fragrance enthusiast, but I've only had such a real interest in brands, fragrance components and fragrances since I joined Parfumo at the end of 2018 What I found out very quickly was that I generally prefer fresh fragrances. A bit of wood, fruit and green is also well tolerated. But they must not be too heavy and oriental- phew Deiwel!

Since I had "unfortunately" found very fast interest in the so-called niche fragrances, the first sample of the house Amouage followed sometime also. It was Reflection, which attracted me with its proximity to Le Male (yes, not everyone wants to sign it like that, completely ok). I also enjoyed bathing in Le Male in the late nineties and I myself have my share in the present reputation of this still good, but for me now unwearable fragrance. Even if Reflection is an excellent drop, there are too few possibilities for me to wear the fragrance in everyday life. In my scheme Reflection is not an everyday scent that I want to have around me all the time, but rather the scent for special occasions. There are however only few times per year and for it he is too expensive for me then nevertheless in the acquisition.

I then devoted myself to testing fresh/citric/aquatic fragrances again and unfortunately found "exactly my" fragrance far too often and have now also included it in my constantly increasing bottle collection.
Last week, however, I was sent another Amouage specimen. This time anniversary XXV.

…. I was stunned at first! For the first time I had associations with the perfumer masters with their little plants, the oils, the pistons and tubes in which the essences find their way into the flacons, even for the first time I perceived a perfume as a true masterpiece and work of art
The smell itself is not as heavy as I had expected and "feared". Jubilation wraps you up warm and makes you feel protected and comfortable. I find the incense in the top note only very discreet, the orange quite pleasantly strong. As the fragrance progresses, it loses some of its radiance, but still remains warm and caressing. In the base note I find a certain proximity to Reflection - here Jubilation becomes a bit cooler, but still cuddly.

For me a masterpiece of the very first quality and not at all as oriental as feared. However, the heat vibrating with me has something oppressive on me permanently - yes, I feel almost too protected. Perhaps it simply turns out that my preferences are too much in the area of freshness and I miss this splashing, clean feeling of freshness in the long run. That's why Jubilation XXV will be denied entry to my bottle area.

But dear Amouage perfumers: You really have it in you!
I waive
This jubilee XXV has been on my watch list for half an eternity. I've wanted to test it sooo long, but it should never have been. Reflection Man and Interlude Man I have already tested of this brand and I must say: Two bang scents. But I was especially curious about it, especially the many declarations of love here and also the ranking of this fragrance. Everyone has their own fragrances, which they are curious about and have high expectations before the first test. Usually too high.
In summer I bought two official samples for a fair price. This is mostly sold out in the 2ml sample there. This month I was lucky and found this one among others of this brand. For an extensive test optimal, such 2ml-samples. I bought two because I had high expectations for this fragrance.

Sometimes you expect something completely different than you get in the end. Not bad at all, but tastes are different. I had similarly high expectations for Aventus and Tobacco Vanilla, which were then disappointed. Also here.
I own and appreciate the fragrance twin Rasasi Rumz very much. That's why I had high expectations of jubilee. The Rumz goes roughly in the jubilee direction, but still has Black Afgano characteristics.
I have tested this fragrance extensively and have not ticked off prematurely, yet I do not warm up with this fragrance. It starts with a mixture of blackberries and spices. I don't notice all the notes from the pyramid, but I can smell labdanum and incense and a good portion of clove. Many people don't like cloves, which I belong to. The first two hours remind me of tobacco. Spicy stuffing tobacco. Not pure, but a few spices as well. Incense is also very present here. In addition, oud is not too present as in many oud-crackers, but the oud-touch is already noticeable. Opoponax will also be added later, which is clearly more prominent in Interlude Man than here. After about 8-10 hours it subsides a bit more gently with soft woods and patchouli.
A fragrance that I don't find so bad after 2-3 hours. Still, it doesn't suit my taste. Luckily, I'm not the only one among the many lovers here. I especially don't like the undertone. I find it slightly musty, although I like the basic DNA quite well. Especially for headaches and migraines: Take your legs and run!

The Sillage also surprises me. Rated here at 7.8, which is extremely high for perfume ratios. I don't get that much in my nose, especially after 2-3 hours. I find them satisfactory for oriental conditions (Oud, Opoponax, etc.) but rather mediocre.
Its durability is also overrated at 8.6 when compared to other fragrances. It lasts between 10 and 12 hours, with the last few hours fading away very closely. Nevertheless very satisfactory.
Of course, the evaluation is correct in both factors, but not on a scale with others.

Conclusion: It does not meet my taste, but nice that many have found their scent with this scent.
Tastes are different and that's a good thing. Similar to Tobacco Vanilla I don't score points, because I can't and don't have to :-)
Maybe I just got a fake batch. It was worth a test, since my curiosity is now satisfied.

JoaoMartins
You have to experience it first. You have to!
I'm not a fan of reviews per se, where you read the notes, the longevity, the ranking system and the reviewer's personal opinions etc. I prefer stories that explain you how a fragrance makes a person feel/experience. So here's my Jubilation XXV story.

I remember exactly how I felt the first time I smelled this one. Got a 10ml (vintage) decant of it from eBay because where I live there's not a single niche store in a radius of 200km. One evening at home I sprayed only one shot in my wrist. I closed my eyes and somehow it transported me to a farm. There I was wearing a waxed country coat and a pair of wellies. I didn't like it very much at the time to be honest. Smelled very mature, very complex and I wasn't very interested in comprehending that smell that was really reminding me of being near an horse stable. My 10ml decant sat down in the shelf for almost a year.

Fast forward to June 2018: I visited NYC for the first time and grabbed a lot of decants with me. One day I decided to wear Jubilation again, because why not? Nobody is going to judge me for smelling like I'm wearing a waxed coat in NYC. It was raining! Oh my my my, that smell got into my soul. My nose kept getting sniffs of it blended with those odours from that incredible city. I was there trying out the most high end Xerjoffs, Rojas, MFK, Nicolai in every god damn niche store that I found, but that smell... that smell kept on coming all over those magnificent scents. I was in love. The next days I ran out of that precious 10ml decant. That fruitiness, that complex smell, with a resinous and woody base and pungent blackberry opening just stuck inside me. I kept on dreaming about it. When I thought of New York I could smell Jubilation XXV all over the place. I kept imagining it and smelling my empty decant and trying to deconstruct its blend into ingredients in my mind.

Back home I kept on using Timbuktu, which for me, somehow, reminds me a little bit of Jubi. Not the same thing. Not the same feeling. It wasn't enough for me, although it was created by the same hands of that gorgeous Amouage. I had to get a bottle of it, and so I did. Ok it's not the vintage non magnetic cap. it's from Oman and it's the magnetic cap. But who cares? I love this perfume. It warms me, it calms me down and it transports me every time and I think that's the best thing that a perfume can do for you: transport you to another place! There's no price for that!

Jubilation Man
One of the most lauded releases from Amouage's masculine line. I am reviewing from a decant of the current magnetic cap version of this fragrance. Enjoy.

Then a Duchaufour
Amouage Jubilation XXV is not an oriental, but a fragrance. Bertrand's handwriting is so large and concise that he would actually need his own classificatory genre. And D. is not a genius artist, but a declared genius craftsman who, like van Dyck, Rubens and Rembrandt's picture factories, produces in series, which is why many of his creations, no matter under which branding, can appear like self-plagiarisms because they are variations on the same theme. Jubilation xxv is an evolution of the 2006 Paestum Rose fragrance from Eau d'Italie, the basic structure is an axis of a dry fruity rose note and modern frankincense reinvented by Duchaufour and Buxton for the Comme des Garcons Incense series. The typical olibanum scent is massively embedded in velvety woody components such as Iso-e-Super and Cashmeran, which produce a diffuse dry-woody spicy aura that can almost be described as the basis DNA of 21st century niche perfumery, so characteristic is it across all the brands that buy their components and recipes from the three major fragrance and taste multinationals. XXV was quite a hype at the time, it was clearly aired and from the beginning it was too synthetic, although more bearable than the even more violent Paestum. I sold the flacons in the old design that I caught at the Harrods sale at a profit and invested them in vintage Tabarôme, among other things.

Now one can of course ask oneself what is the point of pasting over the most precious Omani frankincense essence with standardized industrial scent chords, if the former were more than PR clatter. Or you could ask which normal earner spends more than €200 on a now ubiquitous type of incense, if perfume consumption was rational. Or one could ask how Duchaufour comes out of this creative impasse, when he once reached the perfect equilibrium with Timbuktu, who had been reformulated in the meantime. However, all these questions make me feel a little melancholic. As well as the fact that XXV, in comparison to what Amouage & Consorts are doing today, is being pushed inflationarily onto the market as if the perfume industry had collective bulimia, still recognizable substance and aesthetic programmatic (if not mine). I can't tell whether this fragrance has been cheaply watered down in the meantime, like Memoir Man. Anyway, there are more important things than (such) perfume. Vintage fragrances, for example, and perfumers who still practice their art free of the knack of relentless profit maximization. A Duchaufour on it!

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 3 days ago
Despite its short-lived fruity opening, this rather linear spicy-earthy oriental fragrance is nicely balanced by a warm resinous-woody base.
CumhranfearCumhranfear 181 days ago
"Blackberry incense on top of a medicinal wood", Fragrantica correctly says. There's only left to add, "and a skin scent in five minutes".
Carlitos01Carlitos01 12 months ago
Very unique blending of high quality fruits, spices, incense and resins. It's maybe the most oriental of the Amouage male line. I love it!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 22 months ago
Opulent scent. Luxurious, warm resinous perfume. Absolute love
AmberScentAmberScent 23 months ago
A very complex aroma to please us in a simple way. Sweet, woody, amber, dark, smokey ... It seems tailor made for me! My Christmas perfume!
PioPio 24 months ago
What can I say. The best perfume out there- hands down. An amazing scent. Worth having in your collection. A true masterpiece.
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 3 years ago
I had the reformulated version. The scent are warm & smooth. A very please & sophisticated scent I ever encountered. Feel like in heaven.

by VanAllan
by DaVinci
by TomLavender
by TomLavender
by Fedaie
der wohl beste duft der welt, eine klasse für sich
by Miaw2
by Whadelse89
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage