Jubilation XXV Man (2008)

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage
Jubilation XXV Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2008. The scent is oriental-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackberry, Davana, Coriander, Labdanum, Orange, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Gaiac wood, Honey, Laurel, Orchid, Rose, Celery seed, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Immortelle, Moss, Musk, Myrrh, Opoponax, Oud, Patchouli, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.09.2018

Scent 8.5/10
Jubilation Man
One of the most lauded releases from Amouage's masculine line. I am reviewing from a decant of the current magnetic cap version of this fragrance. Enjoy.

Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Rsi
kings pull over
Very sensual! I love the scent!! If you are not living in the middle east I would recommend this more for fall/winter as this is very complex scent. I love the fruitiness and the oud accord combination that gives this very masculine, strong vibe. Definitely needs some character to pull this off!
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Complex Oriental
Scentrack: Nas - The World is Yours

Supernaturally natural. Fruity, resinous, incense smoky, dry and not a slightly brutal. Fascinating is possible to smell almost every listed note of this fragrance. Byzantine complex formula and yet every note is served. Most of them are not pronounced and live with each other in perfect harmony. Blackberry and opoponax are just a little bit stronger. Bertrand Duchaufour is an oriental wizard, succeeding from this note rashomon to create a harmonious work.
Beautiful example of Arabian and French perfume cuisine chimerism. Like the smell of Beirut in its golden age. The gift of the Three Kings. Wearing this I feel like a million $ (not 1 Million).

Rating: 8.5/10
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
A good Oriental fougere
It is a perfume with a number of components, at first you can think it will be difficult for such amount of components.

The start is wonderful, spectacular with a fruity that disappears immediately, seems to fade for a few minutes.

I like every time more in its evolution, not to overwhelm in any moment any of its notes, makes it a wearable perfume for day to day, not needing a lot of spray is available for day to day.

The stick that I put it is that it can be somewhat linear, but it is beautiful. Normal stela and Longevity.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
One of the best
This perfume has a great longevity and projection. The blackberry is very dominant in this frag, I can smell this top note for hours and hours... the frankincense is also very proeminent to my nose. The other notes are also quite distinct. Very good stuff!
K1
Fruity - incense - aromatic
By far the best of Amouage IMHO? This is like Keith Haring paints Caravaggio; a serious perfume made by an artistic mind and jovial ingredients that proclaims cutest fruity notes mingled with bewitching frankincense and lavish ambrosial dry down. It's enticing, friendly, sexy, divine and dedicated to pleasure. Let me exceed my limits and say it's like an orgy in heaven! Everybody's invited!
5/5
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10
Gold, Frankincense & Myrrh...
I have a huge amount of respect for this fragrance. It is a rich, deep oriental which is mysterious, opluent, & regal. The ingredients are top notch, the perfumer is one of the best in the game. The house is expensive. What more to say?

Well, for me, it's a great one, but I have smelled this kind of smell before, namely in Yves Saint-Laurent - Opium pour Homme both the EdT and EdP versions. Now that doesn't mean that this one is not unique. In fact, I see this as a better, improved, "niche" version of those fragrances.

Oman is a country famous for the production of Olibanum, or frankincense. It has the best in the world, and Amouage have used the best kind here. In fact, every ingredient is blended well. You get dried, aromatic blackcurrant and bayleaf, honey and cinnamon, followed by incense, sweet myrrh and opoponax. There is also even a hint of oud, but in my opinion it's not prominent.

I think I would enjoy wearing this one. It's in my style for sure. However for the time being I have my Opium pour Homme - Eau de Parfum, which for me represents a really high and luxurious kind of fragrance for my tastes and needs. I would say try first to see if Jubilation XXV is to your liking. I highly recommend it for people who like heavy, rich and complex kind of scents. Really high quality stuff here. Almost a perfume fit for a king in my opinion.
Scent 9.0/10
GMK
luxurious Oud
This is wonderful stuff , cleary top favourite of mine from Amouage , along with Epic Man, JXXV is resinous, smoky and , very incensy , woody oriental which has a hint of some Gucci's fragrances for men but far more better and high quality then those, Awesome blending of so many notes never get cloying , A trail of Myrrh and Olibanum makes it dark smoky and sexy.
jtd
borders
The founding concept of Amouage is the hybrid that results from a meeting of cultures. Eastern materials and sensibilities, Western methods and composition. Omani direction, European perfumers. Combining cultures shifts power and transforms identity. It's not easy and although the outcomes can’t be predicted, some consequences can be expected: assumptions will be exposed, borders will be redrawn, mores will be dissected, and the full ramifications will play out over a timeframe of generations.

Notions of beauty reflect cultural ideals and changes can be examined as bellwethers of larger societal change. Early hybrid models of beauty, such as Amouage Gold (1983), might appeal to one generation, seeming opulent and dramatic, yet not meet the needs of the next-generation. To them the style might be objectionable, ie. offensively orientalist or melodramatic.

To a younger perfume wearer or someone new to all perfume, the original Gold Woman looks like the perfume equivalent of The King and I, dated, out of step, presumptuous. Jubilation XXV reflects more of the contemporary school of multiculturalism. It exposes differences rather than smoothing them over. Each perfume is a reflection of the perfumer’s sensibilities and artistic approaches. Guy Robert, who composed Gold, is a classicist, and therefore a traditionalist. Gold is considered both Robert’s crowning achievement and the realization of Amouage’s goal of ‘the finest, damn the expense.’ The fact that the apotheosis of French perfumery came from Oman might have shocked at the time, but can be seen as a best-foot-forward approach sometimes taken at a meeting of polite strangers.

Bertrand Duchaufour, perfumer of Jubilation XXV (2004) is more of a postmodernist, and is known for breaking down form in order to rebuild it into the vision he prefers. There is a logical through line from his previous work to Jubilation XXV. From his work for Comme des Garçons, where he stripped wood down to its essence, to his use of fruit as spice, to his fascination with frankincense, there is a direct line from his seminal Timbuktu to Jubilation XXV. I don’t mean to imply that by having come after Gold, Timbuktu is the product of a more enlightened sensibility. The multi-culti world-arts philosophy that Timbuktu’s post-modernism refers to is starting to look a bit long in the tooth in retrospect.

From Shalimar to Opium to Ambre Sultan the perfume industry is so steeped in cheap 20th century Euro-orientalism, that its cultural bigotry, often couched as fantasy, often passes unnoticed today. Gold and Timbukto are styles of a cultural myopia that is common to the perfume industry despite long-standing criticism. (Don’t get me started on by Kilian’s full-blown orientalist new lines. It makes the 1920s French Oriental fantasy perfumes seem positively PC.)

So, here's the thing. Does any of this after-the-fact interpretation matter? My point is that it matters if you bring yourself to it. If you give it your attention, an art object, a perfume, can be read. It deserves examination and deliberation. Consideration and pleasure are two non-mutually exclusive sides to perfume use. Why not take both?

Here’s the real fun, though: what if your experience of a perfume doesn't fall in line with the reading? Which side is true? Critical thinking and the pleasurable use of perfume are both parts of the art of perfumery. But the two aspects collide for me. Gold does have that King-and-I feel to it, that old-school western colonial flavor. It's a flavor I would kindly call distasteful, and more likely call historically naive and ignorant. Yet despite my better angels, I love Gold. It is sumptuous, it is decadent. I love to spray it on and embrace the extravagance! Does this make me a hypocrite? My cold, poststructuralist soul tells me that Jubilation XXV should win my heart, that I should refuse the the thoughtless chauvinism of Gold. But in spite of my appreciation, I actually don't like Jubilation XXV. On anesthetic level, it's not pleasurable or satisfying. On the compositional level, it feels as if Duchaufour tried to shoehorn the entirety of an Arabic sensibility into a bottle of Timbuktu.

Perfume discussions very infrequently play out as an argument of gut versus intellect. Why not? The uncommonness interests me. There is a contemporary assumption that perfumery is not, cannot be, an intellectual practice, neither for the perfumer nor the wearer. This presumption is false and goes unquestioned because we’re not taught to think about or discuss perfume. The Gold versus Jubilation XXV argument tells me that there's much more that can be unearthed from perfumery than we imagine. If an art-form works rigorously with aesthetics, intention and expression, as perfumery does, then it holds that our discussion should rise above opinion and preference.

Let’s be thoughtful about perfume.
The Champagne Of Fragrances
It has a nice, light, fruity, champagne type of smell and it's not overpowering.

The sillage and longevity were quite surprising to me.

I thought it died off after about 6 hours but apparently, it was still much stronger than I'd expected. Just because I couldn't smell it very much, I assumed it had become a skin scent.

On my way home after work, I stopped at a gas station and got something to drink. As I was standing by the machine, the girl behind the counter said "Oh, you smell so good". This was very surprising indeed, considering that she was about 4 feet away and I'd sprayed it on 10 + hours earlier.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
One Of Duchaufour's Best...
Jubilation XXV has a nice ginger note in the opening that really smells incredible, evolving into a pleasant spicy amber oriental base. Unlike some others who find it hard to wear this scent (even many who like it), I feel Jubilation XXV is very versatile if used in moderation and I actually find it quite masculine smelling personally. Extremely well made, but it gives me only average longevity of about 5-6 hours. Well-done Bertrand Duchaufour! 4 to 4.5 stars out of 5.
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
A Class Act
A grown-up, very spicy, very incense-based scent which sends out pretty definete vibes. It has many good credentials in the perfume-world and it clearly deserves them. The person who wears this stuff has impeccable taste and probably made this scent his/her signature. Warm, intoxicating, with its haunting mix of amber and incense, this fragrance was made to impress. This is what I'd call a Class Act!

Pio 72 days ago
What can I say. The best perfume out there- hands down. An amazing scent. Worth having in your collection. A true masterpiece.+2
Bottle 10.0
Sillage 9.0
Longevity 9.0
Scent 10.0
IanFriedrich 18 months ago
I had the reformulated version. The scent are warm & smooth. A very please & sophisticated scent I ever encountered. Feel like in heaven.+2
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 7.0
Scent 10.0
AmberScent 30 days ago
A very complex aroma to please us in a simple way. Sweet, woody, amber, dark, smokey ... It seems tailor made for me! My Christmas perfume!+1
Bottle 8.0

• by Liquidasset by Liquidasset
  • by Achilles by Achilles
  • by TomLavender by TomLavender
  • by DaVinci by DaVinci
  • der wohl beste duft der welt, eine klasse für sich by Couchlock
  • by Miaw2 by Miaw2
  • by Donii by Donii
  • by Whadelse89 by Whadelse89
  • by Cezar by Cezar

Popular Amouage

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Reflection Man by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Ciel Woman by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Gold Man by Amouage Gold Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Fate Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage