Lyric Man (2008)

Lyric Man by Amouage

Lyric Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Daniel Visentin

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesAngelica, Galbanum, Ginger, Nutmeg, Orange blossom, Rose, Saffron
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Pine, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by Sani, last update on 13.03.2020.

Roses are Red
Wow, a beautiful and gorgeous fragrance. Why did it take me this long to try this one??

A clean, airy, fresh and light watery rose with musk and hints of citrus.

This is a masterpiece and definitely a bottle worthy fragrance.

Rose lover
If you love Roses if u preffer long lasting quality niche , go for it, you wont regret also ladies love it since most of them love roses : ) ))
the only downside is the price with amouage you always get less quality these days due to the reformulations...

DerDefcon
Rose does not need an oud, Rose does not need a spice bazaar, Rose may be clean.
If you read and hear about Amouage, the perfume brand from Oman, you think, at least those who are extensively involved with fragrances, of the most famous representatives from the house. These would include the classic "Reflection Man", the smoky and loud "Interlude Man" or the equally popular Oriental "Jubilation XXV Man". I confess to having had only two fragrances of this brand under my nose until now. On the one hand, this was "Reflection Man", which offered me an impressive durability and a quite violent sillage. It must have been one of those "Omani" instead of "British" bottlings that a nice perfume once sent me. I do not want to go into the origin of the fragrances, whether it be Oman or the British Isles. There is already enough arguing about it, just like with Creed's bestseller and the accompanying, almost obligatory "batch problem". Despite all these points of contention I have just touched upon, I can state for the time being that the fragrances from Amouage are mostly quite loud. However, I only rely on my experience with "Reflection Man" and the various entries here on parfumo, which I have great confidence in.

The second Amouage scent I took under my nose, "Lyric Man", somehow breaks out of the typical patterns of this house. Of course it is durable, but it does not stick to you. The surroundings will definitely perceive it, but not in a - attention: a play on words inserted to match the fragrance - "Sleeping Beauty Sleep".
Speaking of Sleeping Beauty, our rose is as pure as the soul of that unfortunate woman who was fortunately saved in the end. The plant is not one that sprouts thorns and tries to assert itself vociferously, as we know it from many other rose scents. Truly it plays first fiddle in "Lyric Man". How could it be otherwise? It would be funny if it wasn't. But the rosy performance is almost unspectacular - indeed, I would say completely clean. Daniel Visentin's interpretation of roses is that of an adult, completely unsweet and therefore automatically very "masculine" (gender attributions always with inverted commas) plant, where the idea of having to do with a noble soap sometimes flashes up.

Whoever is afraid to find pure rose water or only rose soap in a "men's fragrance" may please calm down again. The soap is sprinkled with a pinch of nutmeg a little later, and stored in a freshly carved, very soft-scented sandalwood bowl, which still contains the few remains of a previously used vanilla soap, creamy and less sweet, almost not reminiscent of vanilla.

At the end of the creepingly progressing scent, which requires a little attention from the wearer in order to identify many a secretly new scent, there is a rose composition that does not require an oud, a huge amount of pepper or other spices in order to be awarded the attribute "wearable for men".
Please don't misunderstand me. As the owner and lover of the masterfully composed "Lumière Noire pour homme", I love skilfully executed rose-spice combinations, but I find it equally remarkable when a perfumer manages in a clean way to make what is perhaps the world's most popular flowering plant accessible to the general public without lacking olfactory depth due to that purity and cleanliness, as you may know it from some other fragrances, where only one single note really smells out, which perhaps picks up and underlines the theme or the name of one of those perfumes, but whose lonely appearance, displacing all other fragrance components, can be the symbol of monotony and irrelevance.

Egalite
...I just washed with rose soap...
Dear Mr Mahmoodi from Hamam xy,
thank you very much for the great wash with the bergamot-rosewood mixture. The ablution was really very good. The following massage with the bergamot-rosewood mixture was also 1A.
I now feel really clean down to the deepest pores.

So I am happy to give a rating here, because at home I was promptly asked if I came from the Hamam, because the whole house smelled of it, of rose and soap.
In the evening, 5 hours later, by the way, my parents visited me, it still smelled of rose and soap.
The next day the cleaning fairy also asked me if I had a new fragrance. She would have noticed it in the rooms.

You did a great job, Mr. Mahmoodi. I like your bergamot-rosewood mix very much.

Too bad you can't get that scent everywhere. In Düsseldorf I was told that the next branch would be in Dresden. Apparently not enough lovers. That's good. I'm really pleased.
He shall remain an insider tip and belong ONLY to me. Mine!

Great scent but Big dissapointment
I am a roses lover. I have bought this perfume blind thinking that i was un front of the best roses perfume ever made. At least this is what i could imaginé reading the different reviews that i found un different forums about perfumery.. but when i recived It and i could try It i didt find this incredible perfume Many oeople sais... Is It good? Of course... Natural? Sure... Beautiful? A lot... But i find the performance of this perfume not as good as i expected. On my skin lasts about 4 hours and after is totally dissapeard. The projection and sillage is not very good as Well, It is more like a skin scent. A very nice scent, with this mixture between roses, encens, and green and creamy notes; but i am not aire if It really worths the price. Honestly i have tried better roses based perfumes much cheaper. Maybe there is a problem witb the batch i hace bought (made in Omán magnetic CAP). I recommend to try It before buying.

Scent: 9
Longevity: 7.5
Sillage: 6
Versatility: 9
Quality/price: 4
My opinión: 7.5

The Simandl
Lyric Man had been on my test wish list for quite some time. I've known Lyric Woman for quite some time, but above all I like the men's fragrances at Amouage sometimes better than the versions composed by the manufacturer for us girls. Which also explains why so far only Epic Woman has been able to secure a permanent place on the shelf, including the corresponding body lotion.

Today was the day. Thanks to a generous sample from dear Blackbird, I sat half the day in the direct comparison - left hand Man / right hand Woman - which I so appreciated - and followed the fragrances with great interest.

The numerous qualified comments were confirmed in a variety of ways: a fresh, spicy opening, followed by a pure, somewhat soapy rose combined with fruity and sweet-spicy hints, then supported by woody, delicately smoked notes. Not linear in its course, but also without special surprises. A rather soft, bright and clean fragrance without large corners and edges; notes that are typically masculine are a no-no. Therefore, some of my commentators have not wrongly classified me as more female or at least unisex.

Lyric Woman is there in a completely different caliber, ironing the master of Amouage creation without batting an eyelid. If Mr and Mrs Lyric were in a human couple, Madame would undoubtedly have her pants on, but so what. Dark red robed, bursting with strength, setting the tone from beginning to end. You(n), on the other hand, are simply a wimp, a wimp, a duck mouse, a slipper hero, a right Simandl.

"Every Simandl should regard the contradiction as his greatest crime and beware of it; he should rather slap himself in the face before he is subject to make a sinister face against his wife, mainly never angry with her or make an objection to her in leading her household, or at all in her way of life" (Statutes of the Simandl Brotherhood, No. 11).

Men, if Lyric Man is too soft for you, test Woman!

GreenError90
You know - you got me with the love and feeling
Amouage - a perfume brand that polarizes.
If you meet the brand for the first time, you first meet
probably on the scents "Reflection M." and "Interlude M.".
Two polarizing and well-known fragrances. If you look at - or better said -
you can smell the other scents from the house of Amouage quickly,
that the brand also has much more to offer.
Lyric Man - never before has a name been more fitting.

Flacon: For many a simple bottle. A bottle like any other bottle in the Amouage-Man line. But here it is not the tangible that makes the bottle "beautiful". But much more what we can see and not directly feel. A gradient. From black to red - from red to black.
Black - a colour that in poetry often stands for the mysterious, the mystical or simply for silence. Red - a colour that in poetry is always associated with love, desire, vitality or hatred. It is the romance inherent in these colours that make the bottle special.

Fragrance: For many a simple fragrance. Flowery. Spicy.
The scent is nothing new. It's more the familiar. A dark scent of roses that meets a multitude of well-known woody/spicy notes. If the rose were a personification, she would not try to love you. She'd do anything to make you love her. And the spicy base that joins the rose after some time would try to bind you to it. And I admit: I needed a few attempts until I learned to love the fragrance. To be exact, three attempts. I used to think flowery scents weren't for me. Like many others I was fixated on perfume after some time on "oudige" and "oriental" fragrances. If you let yourself in on the fragrance, you will notice that the fragrance has much more to offer than just smelling of rose. In my case: another page on me and my new favorite and signature scent.

Lyric Man doesn't want to polarize. It is rather the little things that make this fragrance special.

Now I've done it ://
This scent is not for everyone and especially not for me! I don't like rose scents for men.... What happened to me? I'm getting more and more fond of him. Truly the Dufpyramid is not to be recognized.... Roses, roses and more roses.

Like someone discovered a new vaccine, that's how I feel. Our meeting was spontaneous by an exchange with a nice perfume. My expectations were probably wrong; the first spray and my nose backed out.
What the fuck did you get? But.... no a big BUT: it passed some time, give it a chance and 360° my opinion had changed.
Now I'm wearing the Lyric more and more often, matching the bottle with a dark red sweater.
I don't know why, but it fits.
The endurance is remarkable but they are all the Amouages. One working day until late in the evening he makes himself noticeable, afterwards only very closely.

The bottle in this colour... just beautiful.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I love this side, I know that

Micscent
A dozen roses for the man (3/12)
As a newcomer here, I'm going to try my hand at a series of comments. This is the third part.

The motivation, the idea and the criteria
I'm a real fan of the scent of roses (in my youth my mother had Paris from YSL. I found "the hammer") But the rose isn't exactly the one you first come across as part of a men's fragrance. Nevertheless, I think the rose is contained in more and more men's fragrances.
According to the following criteria I have selected 12 of these fragrances and will comment and compare them bit by bit:
- Men fragrance (exception Desert Rose from Urban Scent as unisex fragrance, I simply had to add)
- Rose as heart note (exception: Much ado about the Duke of Penhaligon, I was just in London at the idea)
- Published from the year 2000
- Rating of at least 6.0 with at least 40 ratings
- No Oud (not so mine)
Fragrance No. 3 is: Lyric Man by Amouage
(previously: (1) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian, (2) 24 Old Bond Street Triple Extract by Atkinsons)

The house, the perfumer and the shopping
First of all: I think the history of the perfume house is fantastic.
Amouage is the Chanel of the Orient - and something like a state perfume of Oman. A bottle full of national pride (so in an article in the world from 2008). Amouage was founded in 1983 by His Majesty the Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said in Maskat. The foundation (as I believe the Royal Opera House Muscat, founded in 2011) stands for the modernization, globalization and opening of Oman to the West. The Sultan commissioned the perfumer Guy Robert, who had already worked for houses such as Hermès, Dior and Gucci, to create a new fragrance. For a while, Guy Robert's Amouage Gold fragrance was the world's most expensive perfume. The name Amouage is a word creation from the French "Amour" and the Arabic word "amwaj", which means "wave". Amouage thus means in a broader sense "the waves of emotions" and bears the subtitle "The Gift of Kings" because the Sultan presents it to his state guests as a gift. Parfumeur Daniel Visentin began his training in 1976. In addition to Lyric Man, he also co-developed Myths Man for Amouage and is one of the creative heads of the M.INT label founded in 2012. I broke new ground with the purchase of Lyric Man and bought it here in the Souk as bottling. So my special thanks go to Tesuo. Has worked great and super fast - Thank you!

The fragrance, the ingredients and the experience
For Lyric Man, the history and vision of Amouage is divided into two halves according to gender. Not only do the two fragrances have numerous scents in common, they also represent the seamless link between traditional French perfumery and Eastern aesthetics. In addition, it becomes clear that the "male rose" has been worn by men from the Middle East for much longer (perhaps since the time when roses became a precious commodity on the trade routes centuries ago). Lyric Man starts fresh, citric, penetrating. The bergamot is tangy, fresh and bitter (not as usual sometimes slightly sweet-fruity) and is reinforced by the lime. Already very fast the for me overwhelming wonderful pure rose unfolds. The rose is refined by three components: "Oriental", by the spices nutmeg and saffron, "green" by the galbanum (which already played a corresponding role at 24 Old Bond Street) and "fresh-fruity" by the orange blossoms and the ginger. I could not claim that I can "smell" every single component, but the three described (basic) components are unmistakable. The saffron comes out the strongest for me. The spice is extracted from the crocus species of the same name, namely from the pistil threads of the flowers. Saffron exudes an intense, sweet-spicy aroma with slightly bitter notes. It is one of the most precious spices in the world. As the fragrance progresses, the angelica note unfolds. Angelica is obtained from the dried roots of angelica (also angelica). According to a legend, the name Angelica goes back to the archangel Gabriel, who, when the plague raged in Europe, appeared in the dreams of many people and recommended Angelica to them for healing. Allegedly, Angelica was chewed by the people so that they wouldn't get infected. In some cultures the oil is also called "Holy Spirit Oil" or "Oil of Angels". In fact, it was one of the few herbs that we exported to the Orient in the Middle Ages (usually the other way round). Angelica is characterised by a musk-like, herbaceous peppery and aromatic-balsamic smell. In my opinion, it also meant something of today (very positive). Sandalwood and vanilla then form the basis. Here however with the resinous incense (see also with 24 Old Bond Street) and the jaw a masculine chord is supplemented. That's round, but still angular.

The conclusion, the comparison and the practical application
After the loud fresh "white" aspects, the carrier remains with a calm warm, "dark red" part of the rose. This way there are some special effects whose volume decreases so that the focus never deviates from this "rose king". The fragrance needs some self-confidence because the rose is intense, but the fragrance is never intrusive. Lyric Man is spicier than Lumière Noire pour Homme, but has significantly more rose than 24 Old Bond Street. This looks very "pure" and has a good Sillage and durability. My favorite "so far".

(1) Lumière Noire pour Homme - The noble softie
(2) 24 Old Bond Street Triple Extract - The elegant Brite
(3) Lyric Man - The "pure" Rose

Signature scent
If I could be remembered by one and only one fragrance, then I'd prefer to be remembered by this fragrance. Everything done is right here, the rose is out there but it is not feminine. Opening might not be everyone's cup of tea but once it starts to dry down, it shines. I love a good masculine rose fragrance and this is an absolute masterpiece for me. Love it.

Emorandeira 9 months ago
Great smell (green and creamy roses and encens scent) but with worse performance as expected.
JoaoMartins 19 months ago
Don't like the opening very much. It turn's into a beautiful scent afterwords.

by Andreas09
by Amazins
by Beautycase
by Beautycase

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Bracken Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage