Lyric Man (2008)

Lyric Man by Amouage

Lyric Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Daniel Visentin

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesAngelica, Galbanum, Ginger, Nutmeg, Orange blossom, Rose, Saffron
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Pine, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by Sani, last update on 03.08.2020.

Mikadomann
"L'important c'est la rose"
"L'important c'est la rose"

"What really counts is the rose...", so freely one could translate the title of the chanson by Louis Amade and Gilbert Bécaud from 1967.
Loss of love, striving for success and loneliness are sketched out in the text in a few lines, only to state at the end of each verse and to counter the dreariness: "What really counts is the rose...".

"Lyric Man" -
For me, it's from the beginning: Rose!
Yes, one may perceive a slight citric note in the head at the very beginning.
Maybe there's a hint of lime. Maybe bergamot plays into the top note.
But that's beside the point.
For me, it's from the beginning: Rose!
And: for me it is beauty and pure joy from the very beginning!
And I understand: "L'important c'est la rose..."
Although the reference note, the rose, moves so quickly to the centre of attention, it remains by no means clear to me. The fragrance is challenging, does not remain flat and one-dimensional. Because there's something there immediately that you have to smell.
And as you immerse yourself in the fragrance, a rose emerges - a rose.
This rose blooms silvery white and delicate.
Its petals are translucent, delicate, the wind moves them as it passes over them lukewarmly and when you look through one of the petals you can still see the outlines of things.
It is indeed a lyrical rose.
I catch my breath and feel: "L'important c'est la rose..."

In the delicacy of this rose, the opulence and natural power of its fragrance are strong, surprising and breathtaking.
How can something so transient, gentle, airy smell so seductive, crystal clear and confident?
Through the fragrance the rose.
She's getting into position:
I'm here.
Smell me!
Don't think you'll understand me so quickly.
Notice me.
Really notice me!
Cause remember:
"L'important c'est la rose!"
And then it happens:
The silver-white flowers suddenly show green sprinkles and these also manifest themselves in the fragrance.
Can it be? Or is it the dark green leaves on the dark green stems?
Suddenly the opulence of the rose scent takes a back seat.
One almost has the impression that this dark green scent is even more engaging than the rose scent itself.
Like a congenial break, like an antithesis to the rose, a further basic tone develops, which takes over and covers up the tenderness of the rose and at the same time emphasizes it again.
For this rose will never be lost.
The two notes do not fight with each other, they rather caress each other, dance with each other, try to support the other and let it shine.
Silvery white and damp dark green: a dance of scents, a chord of colours.
A cascade of fireworks is building up in my head!
Exploding in the air, this cascade of silver threads flows towards the ground, until suddenly dark green spikes flash at the ends of these threads of fire.
And another one!
This time, however, bright dark green light strips, which unexpectedly end up glittering silver. In the splendour of sparks a coloured veil.
The rhythm becomes faster, alternating colors, one after the other, with each other, overlapping.
Only moments, fractions of a second often. Swelling, tilting, crescendo, harmony, soft tones .. Fireworks of scent. And colours in the head. And sound.
But the rose always remains as a leitmotif.
Because:
"L'important c'est la rose!"

And as you surrender to this fragrance frenzy, you suddenly understand that this fragrance is so much more complex than you first thought. Because suddenly the top note becomes important again, when the lime shines through again and again in the heart and base. Whether the dark green notes are due to the angelica or the galbanum, I don't know. In the heart note I very gently perceive saffron.

In the end, in my case after about 8 hours, the fragrance becomes quiet. Then I perceive a soft, gentle sweetness that reminds me of Amyris. Maybe it's the sandalwood, too.
Then the rose seems to get darker.
It does not change the colour. Just the sound.
At the very end she plays out her full beauty once again. In the last moments, very close up, she becomes gentle once more.
And at that moment the rose gains the upper hand.
She lies there on an empty stage, just before the curtain closes.
The last light on her.
Everything else has disappeared.

"L'important c'est la rose, crois-mois..."

Salva
If I were a fragrance myself...
Hello dear friends,

when I got my bottling about 1.5 months ago, I was so taken with it that I wrote a statement in poem form about the fragrance immediately afterwards and it landed on my WL right away. And actually I wanted to leave it at that statement. Yes, actually ... Until after a long time, patiently waiting for a good offer here in the Souk, I could finally acquire "my treasure".
[...]

I don't know how you see it, for example, if you have fragrances in your collections with which you can "identify" more than with others. With which you feel more "connected" than with others. In which you "see yourself" more than in others. Surely some of you know this very well...

Personally, I really love all my fragrances, but I associate myself as a person with the Lyric Man more than with almost any other fragrance.
[...]

In my free time I do not only do a lot of sports, but also enjoy reading books: novels, crime novels, non-fiction books...
I also do my own writing, namely (mainly) poems; smaller, medium-long, or even slightly longer ones. This can also be seen in my comments or statements from time to time. Not least because of my studies a few years ago I learned to appreciate and love poems. But also in earlier teenage years I felt that reading various lyrical writings gave me great pleasure. And even as a child in primary school, I quickly felt that reading and writing were very important to me.

Well, I would describe the "lyrical man" as someone who is very empathic, sensitive, sensitive, thoughtful, sometimes melancholic, secretive, mysterious and highly reflective. A good observer who prefers "being alone" to constantly moving in larger groups of people. One who can be described crystal clear as introverted rather than extroverted.
And so I see myself as the carrier of this unbelievably dreamlike fragrance, which seems to be made for me [...]

After I had always been shortchanged by other scents here in the souk (that it is so difficult to get a scent you really want to have here, I would have never thought possible ^^), I could finally - after a long wait - strike here a week ago (the very first time!)) and got my long-awaited Lyric Man for a great price, in a nearly full 100ml bottle (thanks again to the great perfume Fedaie!).

Normally I try to describe the respective fragrance and its notes as well as possible in my comments. But with the fragrance here, I probably don't need to be so analytical about it, because many of you already know it for sure.

Yes, it is a rose scent and I am a great lover of such scents. But this rose is so elegant, so fine, so delicate and at the same time so masculine, that I am proud of my bottle like no other.
But the start is refreshingly citric due to the bergamot and lime; the rose only appears a few minutes later. In the heart there are also other floral notes, such as orange blossom or angelica. Angelica is also responsible for the masculine sparkle in this mainly floral fragrance. The resin of the galbanum oil adds a slightly "herbaceous" touch. And then the base becomes slightly animalistic, balsamic-sensual, rich, minimally woody and long-lasting, without losing the floral nuances (well, I've explained the notes in more detail than I intended to, but that's fine)
Luckily for me, the scent lasts quite long with 7-8h at 2-3h of good sillage.
And I think it is made in such a way that you can wear it for every season and every occasion without any problems.

Oh yes, one more thing: You don't always have to give a 10 as a rating for one or THE "favourite scent", because I am, like everybody else, not perfect either...
You beautiful rose,
are made for me;
finally I am no longer loose;
and I made it to you
I will always love you to stop missing you;
and I will always win with you because without you my heart would be torn apart [...]

Many thanks to all readers!

LG
The romantic man...
Elegant. Pure. Roses.

Freshly changed bed linen.
White and red roses on male skin.
The open window blows the wind of the Orient into it.
He smiles and strokes his hair
A wonderful rose scent that develops lovingly and becomes more and more beautiful and more beautiful and more beautiful with time - until the end.

Rose for Man
My first niche perfume.
I was quite skeptical when I entered the perfumery, spending 100 and spending euros on a perfume was almost unthinkable for me, but do emotions have a price? Here, Lyric manages to touch certain strings, makes me feel good, and the Euros for a perfume that changes your mood are not so many.I have heard all the Amouages and have essences that, alchemy (not all the Amouages but good part)
That it is a classy perfume can also be seen from the packaging, a box dominated by a rose, a crucial symbol of this essence and inside velvet on velvet, by opening it, the perfume is located on a beautiful pedestal, classic bottle, said that the post-magnetic cap reformulation did not hit Lyric, but not knowing the old versions I would not know.
We finally get to the essence, very oriental, at the first sniff you feel the rose, not an absolute rose, not feminine (on the contrary) at first it is predominant, then it softens, but accompanies the whole composition. The rose becomes beautiful musky, soapy, it tastes so much of clean, class and elegance, very different from the other Amouages.
Then nutmeg ginger, dry sandalwood, lime and a fine fine incense, makes the scent of a unique and disruptive freshness.
This is a brilliant perfume! If you think that men's perfume must be dirty, earthy, that must taste like sweat, this is not the perfume for you. The text is for sensual, fresh and modern man.
Unique of its kind, if you like the rose, buy it and smell it, or smell it then you will buy it for sure.
Did I say quality? because it is never enough.
Beastly duration, it stays on clothes for a few days.
The only flaw is that you will want to learn more about Amouage perfumes and it will cost you a lot, but it will be worth it

Rating: 9.5

Roses are Red
Wow, a beautiful and gorgeous fragrance. Why did it take me this long to try this one??

A clean, airy, fresh and light watery rose with musk and hints of citrus.

This is a masterpiece and definitely a bottle worthy fragrance.

Rose lover
If you love Roses if u preffer long lasting quality niche , go for it, you wont regret also ladies love it since most of them love roses : ) ))
the only downside is the price with amouage you always get less quality these days due to the reformulations...
DerDefcon
Rose does not need an oud, Rose does not need a spice bazaar, Rose may be clean.
If you read and hear about Amouage, the perfume brand from Oman, you think, at least those who are extensively involved with fragrances, of the most famous representatives from the house. These would include the classic "Reflection Man", the smoky and loud "Interlude Man" or the equally popular Oriental "Jubilation XXV Man". I confess to having had only two fragrances of this brand under my nose until now. On the one hand, this was "Reflection Man", which offered me an impressive durability and a quite violent sillage. It must have been one of those "Omani" instead of "British" bottlings that a nice perfume once sent me. I do not want to go into the origin of the fragrances, whether it be Oman or the British Isles. There is already enough arguing about it, just like with Creed's bestseller and the accompanying, almost obligatory "batch problem". Despite all these points of contention I have just touched upon, I can state for the time being that the fragrances from Amouage are mostly quite loud. However, I only rely on my experience with "Reflection Man" and the various entries here on parfumo, which I have great confidence in.

The second Amouage scent I took under my nose, "Lyric Man", somehow breaks out of the typical patterns of this house. Of course it is durable, but it does not stick to you. The surroundings will definitely perceive it, but not in a - attention: a play on words inserted to match the fragrance - "Sleeping Beauty Sleep".
Speaking of Sleeping Beauty, our rose is as pure as the soul of that unfortunate woman who was fortunately saved in the end. The plant is not one that sprouts thorns and tries to assert itself vociferously, as we know it from many other rose scents. Truly it plays first fiddle in "Lyric Man". How could it be otherwise? It would be funny if it wasn't. But the rosy performance is almost unspectacular - indeed, I would say completely clean. Daniel Visentin's interpretation of roses is that of an adult, completely unsweet and therefore automatically very "masculine" (gender attributions always with inverted commas) plant, where the idea of having to do with a noble soap sometimes flashes up.

Whoever is afraid to find pure rose water or only rose soap in a "men's fragrance" may please calm down again. The soap is sprinkled with a pinch of nutmeg a little later, and stored in a freshly carved, very soft-scented sandalwood bowl, which still contains the few remains of a previously used vanilla soap, creamy and less sweet, almost not reminiscent of vanilla.

At the end of the creepingly progressing scent, which requires a little attention from the wearer in order to identify many a secretly new scent, there is a rose composition that does not require an oud, a huge amount of pepper or other spices in order to be awarded the attribute "wearable for men".
Please don't misunderstand me. As the owner and lover of the masterfully composed "Lumière Noire pour homme", I love skilfully executed rose-spice combinations, but I find it equally remarkable when a perfumer manages in a clean way to make what is perhaps the world's most popular flowering plant accessible to the general public without lacking olfactory depth due to that purity and cleanliness, as you may know it from some other fragrances, where only one single note really smells out, which perhaps picks up and underlines the theme or the name of one of those perfumes, but whose lonely appearance, displacing all other fragrance components, can be the symbol of monotony and irrelevance.

Great scent but Big dissapointment
I am a roses lover. I have bought this perfume blind thinking that i was un front of the best roses perfume ever made. At least this is what i could imaginé reading the different reviews that i found un different forums about perfumery.. but when i recived It and i could try It i didt find this incredible perfume Many oeople sais... Is It good? Of course... Natural? Sure... Beautiful? A lot... But i find the performance of this perfume not as good as i expected. On my skin lasts about 4 hours and after is totally dissapeard. The projection and sillage is not very good as Well, It is more like a skin scent. A very nice scent, with this mixture between roses, encens, and green and creamy notes; but i am not aire if It really worths the price. Honestly i have tried better roses based perfumes much cheaper. Maybe there is a problem witb the batch i hace bought (made in Omán magnetic CAP). I recommend to try It before buying.

Scent: 9
Longevity: 7.5
Sillage: 6
Versatility: 9
Quality/price: 4
My opinión: 7.5
The Simandl
Lyric Man had been on my test wish list for quite some time. I've known Lyric Woman for quite some time, but above all I like the men's fragrances at Amouage sometimes better than the versions composed by the manufacturer for us girls. Which also explains why so far only Epic Woman has been able to secure a permanent place on the shelf, including the corresponding body lotion.

Today was the day. Thanks to a generous sample from dear Blackbird, I sat half the day in the direct comparison - left hand Man / right hand Woman - which I so appreciated - and followed the fragrances with great interest.

The numerous qualified comments were confirmed in a variety of ways: a fresh, spicy opening, followed by a pure, somewhat soapy rose combined with fruity and sweet-spicy hints, then supported by woody, delicately smoked notes. Not linear in its course, but also without special surprises. A rather soft, bright and clean fragrance without large corners and edges; notes that are typically masculine are a no-no. Therefore, some of my commentators have not wrongly classified me as more female or at least unisex.

Lyric Woman is there in a completely different caliber, ironing the master of Amouage creation without batting an eyelid. If Mr and Mrs Lyric were in a human couple, Madame would undoubtedly have her pants on, but so what. Dark red robed, bursting with strength, setting the tone from beginning to end. You(n), on the other hand, are simply a wimp, a wimp, a duck mouse, a slipper hero, a right Simandl.

"Every Simandl should regard the contradiction as his greatest crime and beware of it; he should rather slap himself in the face before he is subject to make a sinister face against his wife, mainly never angry with her or make an objection to her in leading her household, or at all in her way of life" (Statutes of the Simandl Brotherhood, No. 11).

Men, if Lyric Man is too soft for you, test Woman!
GreenError90
You know - you got me with the love and feeling
Amouage - a perfume brand that polarizes.
If you meet the brand for the first time, you first meet
probably on the scents "Reflection M." and "Interlude M.".
Two polarizing and well-known fragrances. If you look at - or better said -
you can smell the other scents from the house of Amouage quickly,
that the brand also has much more to offer.
Lyric Man - never before has a name been more fitting.

Flacon: For many a simple bottle. A bottle like any other bottle in the Amouage-Man line. But here it is not the tangible that makes the bottle "beautiful". But much more what we can see and not directly feel. A gradient. From black to red - from red to black.
Black - a colour that in poetry often stands for the mysterious, the mystical or simply for silence. Red - a colour that in poetry is always associated with love, desire, vitality or hatred. It is the romance inherent in these colours that make the bottle special.

Fragrance: For many a simple fragrance. Flowery. Spicy.
The scent is nothing new. It's more the familiar. A dark scent of roses that meets a multitude of well-known woody/spicy notes. If the rose were a personification, she would not try to love you. She'd do anything to make you love her. And the spicy base that joins the rose after some time would try to bind you to it. And I admit: I needed a few attempts until I learned to love the fragrance. To be exact, three attempts. I used to think flowery scents weren't for me. Like many others I was fixated on perfume after some time on "oudige" and "oriental" fragrances. If you let yourself in on the fragrance, you will notice that the fragrance has much more to offer than just smelling of rose. In my case: another page on me and my new favorite and signature scent.

Lyric Man doesn't want to polarize. It is rather the little things that make this fragrance special.

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 13 months ago
Great smell (green and creamy roses and encens scent) but with worse performance as expected.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 23 months ago
Don't like the opening very much. It turn's into a beautiful scent afterwords.

by Andreas09
by Beautycase
by Estbienla
by Estbienla

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage