Lyric Man 2008

Lyric Man by Amouage
Lyric Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Oud Satin Mood (Eau de Parfum)

Daniel Visentin

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesAngelica, Galbanum, Ginger, Nutmeg, Orange blossom, Rose, Saffron
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Pine, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by Sani, last update on 01.05.2021.

Rosey soapy freshie!
I know yesterday in conversation with a few folk, I said that lyric man was pretty formal, or at least a little too formal for everyday casual wear. am I wearing a suit today? no of course not, I've never been one to follow the rules and you can ask my doctors about that.

I fucking love this thing man, ever since I started on my true fragrance journey about this time last year, this is the bottle that I put the biggest dent in. I told you guys that I love Rose based frags and this is not shy on the red at all. If i could describe it in a way that does it justice, it would be a really really intense Rose bar of soap that was mechanically placed in your nostril by those robotic spiders that were chasing around Tom Selleck in that one movie; you know the one*. it's so loud without being abrasive but still has that trademark Amouage darkness, but only a dabble of the darkness. performance is also outstanding as I usually get around 10 hours or 9 at the minimum.

this is an all year fragrance, even in the hot hot hot, hot days of August; just got to be a little careful with the sprays, and shit, on me it works best in the winter so go figure. as for occasion I already said that its surprisingly formal, but i also said i dont give 2 shits about convention and wore it today wearing a tee, running pants and some trainers. a lovely facet of this frag is that it can often be found at discounters for a pretty damned good price; ive seen it as low as $125. so if you haven't and enjoy freshies or rose based affairs, give this. a shot.

*the movie is called Runaway, and it also stars GW Bailey, the police chief from the Police Academy movies, so get educated.
Clear Male Rose
Actually... actually, I myself am not a friend of rose in perfume, at least not with me or men in general, because the rose is from my point of view the female fragrance par excellence and since time immemorial... even if one may see that differently in the Orient.
In this perfume, it is different. The rose is very elegant, clear and stylish. It is not one of those typical chemical, sweet rose fragrances you know from the drugstore, but a clever one. The rose is of course sweet, but from my point of view not sweet-obtrusive. Rounded off and as I find also the masculine touch receives Amouage Lyric Man by its light citric note. This also underpins, I think anyway, the fact that it is a men's perfume, because the citrus note takes the sweetness out a bit and gives the perfume a slight vibe of "I'm in control".
Who wears this perfume and where?
Basically, I see no age restriction with this perfume.
If you are brave, you can wear Amouage Lyric Man very well on a date. For me, it is a nice change from Dolce & Gabbana The One.
At celebrations with suit, especially at weddings, I can imagine this perfume but also very good.
Do I like you or not?
I got Lyric Man blind by swapping it with a perfume, thanks again here at this point. Lyric Man is a fragrance where I just don't really know what to say to him. Lyric Man smells at the beginning and also on the sprayer like a typical perfume of grandma. I thought at the beginning after spraying it on I had to go into the shower again right away, but fortunately I decided against it, because after 20-30 minutes Lyric Man starts to change extremely the rose moves more into the background and gives way to the fresh and spicy notes, which I like very much, but unfortunately I still wonder a bit: Do I want to smell like this and can I wear Lyric Man more often? Unfortunately, I don't know exactly yet. But somehow Lyric Man also triggers an unbelievable fascination in me. Lyric Man creates a memento mori or vanitas motif in me, it seems so dark and mysterious. I just can't judge Lyric Man that well. On the one hand I find the fragrance to melt away and on the other hand to run away. But Lyric Man will definitely stay in my collection for the moment and will be analysed further. I think Lyric Man embodies for me much better than for example Kilian Dark Lord the darkness. Lyric Man is a dark masterpiece for me it is so dark and somehow also fearful. The guiding principle for me in Lyric Man is "ex tenebris lux".
CalisThenx
At night, with full moon, lonely running along the path....
It is the middle of the night, the beginning of autumn, cold, wet and fog is running through the streets, which, like my thoughts, are completely empty.
There is not much to see, but it doesn't have to be, because I enjoy to let myself drift and not knowing where I am going.
The darkness has always attracted me like moths to light.
I follow my instinct and he leads me past a field of roses.
I can't see them, but I can smell them.
But these roses do not smell as I remember them, old and Omalike, but they smell fresh and pure, yet dark and mysterious. This freshness and at the same time dark scent combines with the humid mist and attracts me magically.
It is as if I am gliding through the fog and letting myself be pulled even further into the darkness.
You know how beautiful you are and you know you are loved and adored by billions of people, who can blame you.
Just as you stand before me now, with your unbelievably beautiful blossoms, your cherry red colour and your green stems covered with thorns.
Someone who wants to pick you and does so hastily will be in for a lot of pain, but also does not recognise your true beauty and does not know that beauty, despite its transience, is something worth preserving.
But if you are picked with great sensitivity, you will see something so beautiful that it is hard to put it into words.
I take you now into my home, so that I can look at your beauty as long as you grant me.....
Absolutely noble appearing rose, underlaid with fine sandalwood, incense and vanilla.
This was a blind buy that could have put my foot in my mouth, but I didn't Beautiful fragrance for special occasions with your partner or as described above for lonely nights when you are outdoors.

Rose meets church
In the opening it reminds me very much of a mixture of Tiziana Terenzi Cassiopeia (some tender peach or apricot) and the freshness of Statuario from I Profumi del Marmo. There are citruses and pine notes.

In dry down I mostly feel mixture of powder (not talc but women's powder) and lipstick. Nutmeg, rose and insence are introduced. Rose is little bit soapy but incense gives it roundness and fullness.

When it's dry vanilla shows and until the end it's awesome and well rounded mix of beautiful rose, strong incense and sweetness of vanilla.

More feminin perfume but man can easily wear this depending on the occassion.
The sad tale of the life of Arthur Rosepetal
This is the story of a musician named Arthur Rosepetal. While the Second World War was raging, he was born in the USA and went to school in New York State. When he was 11 years old, a furnace exploded in this school. The fire killed several of his classmates, and he himself suffered severe burns all over his body. While still in the hospital, Arthur got his first own guitar and began to play it. More and more absorbed by the folk music of the 60's, Arthur Rosepetal finally travelled to England in 1965 to record his own album.

Still in December of the same year a very melancholic folk album named after him was released. Almost without exception only his guitar and his singing can be heard on it. Unfortunately the album didn't sell very well and already the next year Arthur fell into deep depressions which didn't get better for a long time. Very soon he had returned to the USA, married and became father of a little son. Unfortunately this son became seriously ill and died very early. Arthur's depressions worsened so much that he had to be admitted. The 1970s were not easy for him. His mental problems and his lack of means were a great deal of trouble for him
In the 1980s Arthur Rosepetal became homeless. He was wrongly diagnosed with schizophrenia, which led to several times being placed in closed institutions and causing him to go through hell. It wasn't until the early 1990s that he finally found a close friend who cared for him and took care of his problems. He organized a roof over Arthur's head. While he was waiting for his friend on a bench one day, suddenly some teenagers shot at passers-by indiscriminately with air rifles. They hit Arthur in the left eye, which blinded him
In the mid-1990s - for the first time in many, many years - Arthur Rosepetal started writing songs and playing the guitar again. Unfortunately, there was no more to come. Arthur Rosepetal became ill and died one day after his 56th birthday. What he left behind are melancholic compositions - sad melodies with serious and thoughtful lyrics.

Why do I write this story in a commentary on Amouage's fragrance "Lyric Man"? First of all: the story told is not a story, but a fact. Arthur Rosepetal was a real person - only his real name was Jackson Carey Frank. In 2011 I got to know him, his music and his sad biography. His album "Jackson C. Frank" from 1965 radiates a tremendous beauty and melancholy. Just as the Amouage "Lyric Man" does. I feel surrounded by the reddest, most beautiful and freshest rose petals - soapy, somewhat woody and fruity notes round off the fragrance. It enchants me, it takes away my language. It makes me pause and be grateful for the things I have. Which I have experienced and will experience in the future. The "Lyric Man" shows me my own strength - but also shows me the strengths of my fellow human beings, some of whom have so much more burdens to bear in life than I do and yet never give up. Simply never give up on oneself.

Actually, I've been in love with the "Interlude Man" for years now, and for a long time I swore to myself that this would be the first Amouage fragrance that would move into my home as a bottle. But then I smelled "Lyric Man" and he wouldn't let me go. Never before and never again after have I heard such a wonderful and fresh rose scent. And never before have I been able to perceive sadness, melancholy and hope in one fragrance. I treated the 2ml sample with the utmost care, wearing the fragrance only on very special occasions - not only in company, but also when I was all alone and for myself. Then it has a particularly strong effect on me. That summer it was time and I couldn't resist the "Lyric Man" anymore and bought a 100ml bottle. So now he is the first Amouage I can call my own and it feels incredibly good. I can well imagine that it must smell like this in heaven.

I wish Jackson C. Frank could have known that scent. Maybe he could have given him new courage and shown him his incredible strength and willpower. In my opinion there is no bad time for "Lyric Man". He always cuts a good figure - in spring, summer, autumn and winter. In sad and disturbing, but definitely also in funny and happy times. In heavy thunderstorms and in bright sunshine. With a morning coffee and a good whisky in the evening. When it is needed, it is there - and for a very long time. For about ten hours it stays true to my skin. The Sillage is just right - perceptible, but not room filling. The deep red bottle resting on a column and the outer packaging printed with roses - beautiful. I love "Lyric Man" and he loves me
"Like a rose trellis in the wind of winter
shaking out the dry petals to the ground
it takes a man from his woman to tear
the world destroyers down."

This is a poem by Jackson C. Frank, which he wrote in his later years on an old typewriter. He had planned to compose a melody for it, but unfortunately he never got around to it. I bow to this man. I have been working on my own life and my own happiness for some time. Also on the fact that I will become healthy and happy again. Amouage's "Lyric Man" accompanies me in this. And it only remains for me to say thank you.

Music to Amouage "Lyric Man":

"Blues Run The Game" by Jackson C. Frank
"Milk And Honey" by Jackson C. Frank
"Cover Me With Roses" by Jackson C. Frank
Mikadomann
"L'important c'est la rose"
"L'important c'est la rose"

"What really counts is the rose...", so freely one could translate the title of the chanson by Louis Amade and Gilbert Bécaud from 1967.
Loss of love, striving for success and loneliness are sketched out in the text in a few lines, only to state at the end of each verse and to counter the dreariness: "What really counts is the rose...".

"Lyric Man" -
For me, it's from the beginning: Rose!
Yes, one may perceive a slight citric note in the head at the very beginning.
Maybe there's a hint of lime. Maybe bergamot plays into the top note.
But that's beside the point.
For me, it's from the beginning: Rose!
And: for me it is beauty and pure joy from the very beginning!
And I understand: "L'important c'est la rose..."
Although the reference note, the rose, moves so quickly to the centre of attention, it remains by no means clear to me. The fragrance is challenging, does not remain flat and one-dimensional. Because there's something there immediately that you have to smell.
And as you immerse yourself in the fragrance, a rose emerges - a rose.
This rose blooms silvery white and delicate.
Its petals are translucent, delicate, the wind moves them as it passes over them lukewarmly and when you look through one of the petals you can still see the outlines of things.
It is indeed a lyrical rose.
I catch my breath and feel: "L'important c'est la rose..."

In the delicacy of this rose, the opulence and natural power of its fragrance are strong, surprising and breathtaking.
How can something so transient, gentle, airy smell so seductive, crystal clear and confident?
Through the fragrance the rose.
She's getting into position:
I'm here.
Smell me!
Don't think you'll understand me so quickly.
Notice me.
Really notice me!
Cause remember:
"L'important c'est la rose!"
And then it happens:
The silver-white flowers suddenly show green sprinkles and these also manifest themselves in the fragrance.
Can it be? Or is it the dark green leaves on the dark green stems?
Suddenly the opulence of the rose scent takes a back seat.
One almost has the impression that this dark green scent is even more engaging than the rose scent itself.
Like a congenial break, like an antithesis to the rose, a further basic tone develops, which takes over and covers up the tenderness of the rose and at the same time emphasizes it again.
For this rose will never be lost.
The two notes do not fight with each other, they rather caress each other, dance with each other, try to support the other and let it shine.
Silvery white and damp dark green: a dance of scents, a chord of colours.
A cascade of fireworks is building up in my head!
Exploding in the air, this cascade of silver threads flows towards the ground, until suddenly dark green spikes flash at the ends of these threads of fire.
And another one!
This time, however, bright dark green light strips, which unexpectedly end up glittering silver. In the splendour of sparks a coloured veil.
The rhythm becomes faster, alternating colors, one after the other, with each other, overlapping.
Only moments, fractions of a second often. Swelling, tilting, crescendo, harmony, soft tones .. Fireworks of scent. And colours in the head. And sound.
But the rose always remains as a leitmotif.
Because:
"L'important c'est la rose!"

And as you surrender to this fragrance frenzy, you suddenly understand that this fragrance is so much more complex than you first thought. Because suddenly the top note becomes important again, when the lime shines through again and again in the heart and base. Whether the dark green notes are due to the angelica or the galbanum, I don't know. In the heart note I very gently perceive saffron.

In the end, in my case after about 8 hours, the fragrance becomes quiet. Then I perceive a soft, gentle sweetness that reminds me of Amyris. Maybe it's the sandalwood, too.
Then the rose seems to get darker.
It does not change the colour. Just the sound.
At the very end she plays out her full beauty once again. In the last moments, very close up, she becomes gentle once more.
And at that moment the rose gains the upper hand.
She lies there on an empty stage, just before the curtain closes.
The last light on her.
Everything else has disappeared.

"L'important c'est la rose, crois-mois..."

Salva
If I were a fragrance myself...
Hello dear friends,

when I got my bottling about 1.5 months ago, I was so taken with it that I wrote a statement in poem form about the fragrance immediately afterwards and it landed on my WL right away. And actually I wanted to leave it at that statement. Yes, actually ... Until after a long time, patiently waiting for a good offer here in the Souk, I could finally acquire "my treasure".
[...]

I don't know how you see it, for example, if you have fragrances in your collections with which you can "identify" more than with others. With which you feel more "connected" than with others. In which you "see yourself" more than in others. Surely some of you know this very well...

Personally, I really love all my fragrances, but I associate myself as a person with the Lyric Man more than with almost any other fragrance.
[...]

In my free time I do not only do a lot of sports, but also enjoy reading books: novels, crime novels, non-fiction books...
I also do my own writing, namely (mainly) poems; smaller, medium-long, or even slightly longer ones. This can also be seen in my comments or statements from time to time. Not least because of my studies a few years ago I learned to appreciate and love poems. But also in earlier teenage years I felt that reading various lyrical writings gave me great pleasure. And even as a child in primary school, I quickly felt that reading and writing were very important to me.

Well, I would describe the "lyrical man" as someone who is very empathic, sensitive, sensitive, thoughtful, sometimes melancholic, secretive, mysterious and highly reflective. A good observer who prefers "being alone" to constantly moving in larger groups of people. One who can be described crystal clear as introverted rather than extroverted.
And so I see myself as the carrier of this unbelievably dreamlike fragrance, which seems to be made for me [...]

After I had always been shortchanged by other scents here in the souk (that it is so difficult to get a scent you really want to have here, I would have never thought possible ^^), I could finally - after a long wait - strike here a week ago (the very first time!)) and got my long-awaited Lyric Man for a great price, in a nearly full 100ml bottle (thanks again to the great perfume Fedaie!).

Normally I try to describe the respective fragrance and its notes as well as possible in my comments. But with the fragrance here, I probably don't need to be so analytical about it, because many of you already know it for sure.

Yes, it is a rose scent and I am a great lover of such scents. But this rose is so elegant, so fine, so delicate and at the same time so masculine, that I am proud of my bottle like no other.
But the start is refreshingly citric due to the bergamot and lime; the rose only appears a few minutes later. In the heart there are also other floral notes, such as orange blossom or angelica. Angelica is also responsible for the masculine sparkle in this mainly floral fragrance. The resin of the galbanum oil adds a slightly "herbaceous" touch. And then the base becomes slightly animalistic, balsamic-sensual, rich, minimally woody and long-lasting, without losing the floral nuances (well, I've explained the notes in more detail than I intended to, but that's fine)
Luckily for me, the scent lasts quite long with 7-8h at 2-3h of good sillage.
And I think it is made in such a way that you can wear it for every season and every occasion without any problems.

Oh yes, one more thing: You don't always have to give a 10 as a rating for one or THE "favourite scent", because I am, like everybody else, not perfect either...
You beautiful rose,
are made for me;
finally I am no longer loose;
and I made it to you
I will always love you to stop missing you;
and I will always win with you because without you my heart would be torn apart [...]

Many thanks to all readers!

LG
The romantic man...
Elegant. Pure. Roses.

Freshly changed bed linen.
White and red roses on male skin.
The open window blows the wind of the Orient into it.
He smiles and strokes his hair
A wonderful rose scent that develops lovingly and becomes more and more beautiful and more beautiful and more beautiful with time - until the end.

Rose for Man
My first niche perfume.
I was quite skeptical when I entered the perfumery, spending 100 and spending euros on a perfume was almost unthinkable for me, but do emotions have a price? Here, Lyric manages to touch certain strings, makes me feel good, and the Euros for a perfume that changes your mood are not so many.I have heard all the Amouages and have essences that, alchemy (not all the Amouages but good part)
That it is a classy perfume can also be seen from the packaging, a box dominated by a rose, a crucial symbol of this essence and inside velvet on velvet, by opening it, the perfume is located on a beautiful pedestal, classic bottle, said that the post-magnetic cap reformulation did not hit Lyric, but not knowing the old versions I would not know.
We finally get to the essence, very oriental, at the first sniff you feel the rose, not an absolute rose, not feminine (on the contrary) at first it is predominant, then it softens, but accompanies the whole composition. The rose becomes beautiful musky, soapy, it tastes so much of clean, class and elegance, very different from the other Amouages.
Then nutmeg ginger, dry sandalwood, lime and a fine fine incense, makes the scent of a unique and disruptive freshness.
This is a brilliant perfume! If you think that men's perfume must be dirty, earthy, that must taste like sweat, this is not the perfume for you. The text is for sensual, fresh and modern man.
Unique of its kind, if you like the rose, buy it and smell it, or smell it then you will buy it for sure.
Did I say quality? because it is never enough.
Beastly duration, it stays on clothes for a few days.
The only flaw is that you will want to learn more about Amouage perfumes and it will cost you a lot, but it will be worth it

Rating: 9.5

TRehfTRehf 1 month ago
Very clean rose with some lime. One of the best unisex rose fragrance. Performance is great, great value, if found below 200€.
KvokaKvoka 5 months ago
Roses are not forever, wait for the third act and meet the gorgeous powdery vanilla-sandalwood. The power of this scent is in waiting. Gem.
BielwenassBielwenass 5 months ago
Quality rose, though not entirely masculine. Not for me, but I appreciate this scent for what it is.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 8 months ago
Rose is definitely sexy on man, even though it is bit tamed here. It is very sensual fragrance. Typical amouage , a lot going on,
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Great smell (green and creamy roses and encens scent) but with worse performance as expected.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Don't like the opening very much. It turn's into a beautiful scent afterwords.

by Andreas09
by Oscarsh86
by Golcher
by Golcher

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Interlude Man 53 by Amouage Homage by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage