Lyric Woman (2008) Eau de Parfum

Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage

Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Daniel Maurel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ginger, Cardamom, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAngelica, Geranium, Iris, Jasmine, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Woods, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.05.2019

10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

The nectar of sin
He opens the entrance of the first "of the Amouages" in my jewellery... um, scent collection! And gosh! There's something going on from the first moment. Warned by all kinds of lyricism, epicism and drama, but in a positive sense, I refrained from a courageous expenditure in terms of application and allowed myself only half a drop. Asking I looked at the place where it came to lie and doubted whether so little at all would find its way to my olfactory receptors. But oha! Even a "soupçon", a hunch, of this elixir would have been enough to send my sensitive nose with taste into the fragrance nirvana! From the first moment on fireworks, nothing but pure fireworks! In front of and in my "spiritual ear" there is a bang and a whistle as if the firecrackers and bombs were shot right next to it into the atmosphere. Meanwhile I see red in front of my "mental eye" in the truest sense of the word! Dark red, blood red, satin red, velvet red, sin red, sexy red! There was no better way to choose the colour of the bottle. I spontaneously think of a vampire lady who roams the streets at night, ambushes her male victims and bewitches them with her breathtaking beauty and the deep red, shoulder-free, velvety and floor-length robe with her heart-shaped décolleté to such an extent that they are ready to do anything for her and also leave their lives for her. Big dark curls play around her white face, her lips are painted with blood-red lipstick for seduction and also her pointed fingernails. No one would even begin to think that the fanatasically curved ring on her right hand is only there to carve the skin of her victims with its razor-sharp edges and to reveal the precious elixir of life flowing underneath. The seemingly harmless and tender kiss on the neck degenerates in blood contact to wild snapping and goes deeper. Whoever falls into the clutches of the vampire lady pays. Just once. Absolutely deadly. Not deadly luckily are the dark red roses in this fragrance. Setting the tone, carrying, leading and seducing. Velvety petals that carry an absolutely beguiling breath and release it when gently touched with the fingertips. With spicy cinnamon underlining, the rose aspects are still gaining momentum. Massive, splendid, powerful. A yellow-white-flowery exquisite melange of flowers joins the line and lends the opulent work the lateral guides. The fragrance remains this way for a moment and changes from one flower to another. Somehow I have the feeling from minute to minute that the power water plays each note individually to me, because in fact they are all somehow to be sniffed out, just beautiful one after the other. Almost as if Lyric wants to show all its facets, no one can judge or judge without this elixir not having played all its scent cards. After a good moment, a note vibrates that reminds me a bit of Versace Crystal Noir, this slightly coconut-like note that some people sniff at him, only that it seems more effective with Lyric as I find it, it has more depth. This makes me like it better and the durability of the note in question, as well as of the whole fragrance, is worth a milestone. After a good twenty minutes the initial fireworks are not gone, but somehow it doesn't bang so loud anymore. Which doesn't mean it weakens the scent. Weakness is not part of Lyric's repertoire or vocabulary. But with the now appearing woody and smoky notes, the fragrance finds a very erotic constant. A wicked aura surrounds him and exudes the bodily sin into the air. Whoever sniffs her is lost. Whether he succumbs to it because the fragrance captures him with all its beauty or because he is not able to cope with it remains the same. In the end, he takes them all. If you don't like rose scents in the typical sense, you might be overwhelmed here, too, because the notes are very perceptible and in charge despite the numerous other components. One should be able to endure something in terms of smell, if one treats oneself to this noble drop, because it is high-percentage. Lyric was created for the big performance, for the seduction, for the night, for the adventure, for the play with fire. Anyway, that's how I see it. He wouldn't go with anything else. He needs the spotlight, the attention, and he won't share. He owns the moment. Whoever wears it must enjoy it, feel it take possession, demand it and devour it. Those who are willing to pay this price will be rewarded with a unique fragrance experience. A rush of deep red velvet. A flight through velvet-red rose petals. Or... passes away blessed in the wake of the nectar of sin...!
8.0 8.0 10.0 8.5/10

A scent in rhyme?
Hello and have a nice evening! I hope you had a happy holiday :)
We were a rather small group this time, after all most Turks don't celebrate Christmas as much as we do. I think I might even have more festive decoration and I'm generally more into Christmas than many others here :D It's just a nice time, very atmospheric and I'm just noticing... that I didn't even turn on my Christmas tree today, argh wasted a wonderful day of glow, even if Christmas should be over now *sigh* But it'll burn all night long, and if I can't sleep because of all the lights, ha! D
Well, he'll stand till New Year's. And by the way the tree is called in Turkey New Year's tree, which is the reason for it that even in Turkey some set up meanwhile a decorated tree, in order to celebrate evenly the New Year!

So, and since I had already skipped a few days of writing Kommi (but there was at least a Christmas greeting in the form of a blog! And thanks again for all your great answers! )), there's a new comment (or the last one this year), and what could be better than Lyric by Amouage, since poetry has something to do with literature anyway (it's a narrative form in poems, so it's rhymed) and I'm always writing something here, even if my grammar should be so terrible that every writer would like to curse me! Well,... The main thing is that you understand what I am trying to express with my commissioners :D

Yes, this is now Lyric Woman, a fragrance inspired by the voice of Maria Callas. It should be a voice whose beauty should far exceed the human mind (... why do I have to think of exploding heads from the movie "Dogma"? According to the film it means that people cannot bear the voice of God and that they (God and the archangels) needed five Adams to find out :D).

Well, let's see how the fragrance smells... I hope you don't expect a description of the fragrance in rhyme form... maybe I could actually do that, but since 24.12 I'm so full and bloated that I can't think enough to rhyme anymore :D

The fragrance:
Wow, the beginning is overwhelming! Not only because it smells nice, but because it smells of so many great scents that I don't even know where to start!
So I smell floral notes, namely roses and angelica, as well as naturally sweet jasmine. This sweetness is enhanced a little more by cinnamon. I also smell a little oakmoss, but its scent is slightly different, it looks warmer, but that's because it's quickly superimposed by all kinds of other scents. Cardamom and cinnamon, for example, are getting stronger and stronger, just like roses, in general I think that roses are probably the strongest scent for a while (especially in the heart note), because you can smell them and their flowery and slightly sour-sweet scent very well. Little by little other flowers, such as angelica, ebb away for it. Afterwards the musk, which smells nice and sweet, appears in a somehow medium-heavy way, which I sometimes call "dark-sweet". The fragrance is also becoming warmer and softer. The softness comes from the slightly powdery scents of the tonka bean, which makes a scent similar to vanilla more powdery, the additional warmth of the scent is an interplay of many scents such as woods, the aforementioned tonka bean and musk. There are also resinous scents, even if you (or I) should not necessarily recognize them as incense. And I could swear that the combined effect of the sweet scents makes sweetness smell like honey every now and then, which is also very beautiful.
Towards the end I smell mainly tonka beans, woods and a little musk, as well as vanilla and vetiver. For a little while the vetiver becomes stronger and stronger, so it can be smelled very well, until it is caught up, as almost expected, by the tonka bean and vanilla and the fragrance ends sweet and powdery with only slightly spicy notes. A really beautiful fragrance that smells great at any time during the course of the fragrance!

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is high, as it is already known from most Amouage fragrances. One is already wrapped with a few small sprayers in a beautiful, large fragrance cloud and is therefore also quite good smelling. The shelf life is once again huge and the fragrance works from morning to night. Sprayed on late in the afternoon I could still smell the scent on my arm the next day or at noon.

The bottle:
The bottle is of the usual high quality. This time it is wine red with a slight colour gradient down to black. It is rectangular, but slightly inflated and with slightly depressed sides. The Amouage logo can be seen on the front, it is metallic and chrome-plated. The neck of the bottle is also chrome-plated and the name of the fragrance can be seen on it. The lid is also wine red, has the shape of oriental spires and has a cross pattern, which looks like scales, which looks beautiful (and strictly speaking also like a peeled fruit like a mandarin or so :D). And as usual, a Swarovski stone was embedded at the top of the lid. A beautiful bottle that also fits well in the hand.

That's nice. Very nice! This scent is pretty great. Already with the first spraying on one notices here that the smell will become wonderful and one is not disappointed afterwards also later, since it always remains high-quality and smells well in each phase of the smell process. Of course you should also like some of the scents mentioned here, because they radiate more strongly at different times, like the roses in the heart note, but also the oak moss, which is not soo strong, but still flashes stronger every now and then.

I also think it's good that just a few sprayers are enough to smell good for a long time. But maybe Lyric is also one of those fragrances where you could possibly overdose yourself and suffocate everyone else :D
In any case, its type is an autumnal (and wintery) scent that goes well with going out and elegant occasions. As I said, a very recommendable fragrance!

Soo... I have meanwhile reactivated the lighting of my Christmas tree and it now shines beautifully again, which always delights me so much because the sight of all the festive decorations is always so beautiful. But now it makes me a little sad, because I can clear everything again soon,... *sigh*
And then it's time again to wait a whole year for this beautiful time... bah... I should move to a place where it always snows and every month looks like December, he he :D

Soo... we "see" each other again in January. All of you have a nice New Year's Eve and get well into the New Year. To baaaald :)
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

missed opportunity
For days, Hundi and I have been annoyed by the husband's bad migraine mood.

Yes, of course, constant headaches are a nuisance, but also the doggy is sickly, and I am not bedded on roses with my hobble foot either.

Nevertheless, little Kira and I carry our package with composure, and do not exhale our woe and oh.
In addition, the migraine has evaporated, but the bad mood is still cultivated.
And slowly my patience with the former sufferer is running out.

An unattractive bad mood also seizes mine, completely against my nature, and I find that annoying.

So the grip to Lyric did very well in my regular perfumery.
Also written poetry soothes me - thus also fragrant.
This poem tells me of gentleness and understanding - of consideration and forbearance.
Its soft spices give support to the thought and stop the impatience.
Muse and leisure touch each other - and me.
The flowers promise brighter days - and the powdery iris calmer nights.
Ylang calms the scratched nerves and has an almost sedative effect.
Vanilla comforts sweetly - and incense does not reveal its secret.

I hold the dark red bottle thoughtfully and fascinated in my hands - like yesterday the poetry book "June" by Städtler.

Summer welcomes us
with a handful of flowers,
and we're gonna move,
because we didn't bring anything ourselves,
and do not know if we guests
or hosts are.

The bottle would have been an appropriate consolation.
Be - because he's going back on the shelf.

A missed chance...

The husband wanted to go back and get the bottle.
No. The moment was over.

P. S. Today the long-awaited test drive with the new Polo GTI burst. The car was in the workshop - but not available. Is my name bad luck? The husband let me scold him once - and appeared with the dark red poetry.
He'd had a moment that was right for him
8.0 9.0 10.0 8.0/10

Santalwalti
Dark red magic garden of the Orient with bright spots
An oriental fragrance that promises poetry and impresses with an astonishing variety of different, sometimes contradictory nuances. He starts with bergamot, ginger, cardamom and even cinnamon - as the pyramid says - a very seductive and somewhat confusing start for me. The lime refreshes and invigorates in a pleasant way, the cinnamon brings a smile to my face and makes me want even more sweets and cardamom? Now I don't know if it's green or black cardamom. Since I smell rather tender smoky notes, I assume that it is black cardamom, because the green reminds rather of mint. I (fortunately) don't even notice ginger.
This intro is for my nose like a tug-of-war between sour and sweet, between smoky and milky, between airy and earthy, between spicy and woody and flowery. A scent of contrasts, which is exciting and stimulating and at the same time soothing and calming and for me it takes a little getting used to at first.

Then, quite soon, beguiling smelling flowers like iris, geranium and jasmine come into play. A really beautiful floral appearance! Angelica, more commonly known as 'angelica root' from the garden, is clearly prominent with its essence reminiscent of medicine, at first brings spicy-sweet tones, but quickly slides into bitterness. Not unpleasant! Angelica is said to have a calming, comforting and anxiety-relieving effect. Maybe this really comes to bear here... As stimulating and confusing as the prelude was, so calming, so flowery and dreamy and so warm and enveloping, it goes on...

In the composer's flower score, the rose is also given an essential, albeit constantly quiet, voice by the composer. The rose melody sounds beautiful and soft, bright and fragrant. With its long notes, it certainly contributes to the balance of the Gesamtkunstwerk, but its dynamics are rather limited. I perceive her playing above all in pianissimo or piano, and quite rarely she dares to mezzoforte. But also the quiet voices are significant, especially when they appear again and again in the music, never disappear completely. They contribute considerably to the character of the piece. Actually a delightful task for any rose.

I dream now once and try to describe the perfume in a picture. LYRIC WOMAN is also an inspiring name that inspires poetic images and daydreams...

I see before me an enchanting garden in the distant Orient, where sophisticated water games and smoking bowls set up here and there attract the attention of the visitors. Exquisitely carved wooden benches on which orientally decorated ribbons with Persian poems lie invite you to linger. Impressive, meter-high bergamot trees provide shade and artfully arranged flower beds delight the eye as far as you can see. But there is something that almost unconsciously gives the garden its balance, something that could be overlooked if there weren't such a sweet, citric and buttery-soft perfume in the air that doesn't blow over from the flower beds. It must be the roses. The garden is completely lined with creamy white roses with the scent of musk and low shrub roses, which surround this wonderful magic garden and give the wandering people in it a feeling of security and warmth.

They are delicate roses that want to be heard. Maybe that's why they brought such a large entourage:
Clouds of frankincense, earthy oak moss, patchouli, musk and vanilla that can hardly be surpassed in sweetness. The tonka bean contributes spicy-warm, almost powdery notes; it is reminiscent of velvet, mild sweetness and fresh hay.

As beautiful as the rose in LYRIC WOMAN is, it is not dominant here. For my nose this is not a scent of roses, neither in the broader nor in the narrower sense, although one might think so on the basis of the statements and comments I read here. For my sensation woody, spicy-balsamic, forest herbaceous and earthy heavy as well as dark tones are much too much in the foreground. It is a very oriental perfume with an amazingly intense aura and an enormously long shelf life. Also the Sillage is not to be despised.

I feel that all this is already suggested by the deep red bottle playing in black: A perfume for orient lovers and a perfume with a strong appearance for a self-confident, mature woman.

I would like to close with a small verse and not fail to thank you for this precious scent sample of a very endearing perfume.

Dreamy scents blow through the garden.
They are very rare and beautiful species.
It becomes easy for me now, as long as it lasts,
For you, beloved, to wait here, on my bank.

PS. Angelliese sums it up in her answer by saying, "This is a particularly beautifully 'interpreted rose' in this perfume." A valuable addition to my description. Thanks, Angelliese :-)
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Lyric Rose
In the 'oud days' the Amouage House makes no oud perfumes.Sometimes this may come as a blessing.With my senses intoxicated by the Orient's wonder ingredient,i close my eyes and and i smell the back of my hand almost extatic.Such a beautiful perfume.The rose may fool its admirers here,it may want to be the first violin in the orchestra,it is,but it isn't, along the 8-10 hours the scent remains on the skin.It feels like the cardamom(such a primadonna of the Amouage perfumes),the cinnamon,the bergamot even try to peak through the roses petals,trying to stand in front for a while.And they manage to do it! I can imagine the rose fighting for supremacy,a dark gothic rose,splashed with frankinsence and then strangled along the way by the spices,but it is there,all the time! A rich perfume,made really good,even though i wished for a bit more sillage.Medium to good longevity,medium to small sillage,but nevertheless a great perfume.
6.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

MasterLi
A masterfully composed... beautifully made fragrance.
Now, first of all, this is a perfume with a spectacular composition. If we listed all the notes here, you would think that it would be too much. A spicy rose, with cardamom, incense, vanilla, cinnamon, tonka bean & sandalwood. I can't detect all the other notes but I know that they are present. There is also a burst of bergamot and something light. However what is incredible about this composition, is that it remains light. It remains sheer, not heavy, too cloying, or overwhelming.

I think Amouage Lyric Woman is a truly beautiful fragrance. Often we get tired of the note of Rose in many perfumes, but again this house has managed to surprise me. A rose with a host of other players, perfectly blended in with them. The rose is not dominant, but it "accentuates" the other notes, and lets them shine individually. I admire this fragrance very much.

Even though it is marketed as female, I enjoy wearing it, and actually find it extremely unisex. It's a dark, intriguing fragrance, it's very "grown up" and sophisticated to my nose. It would wear equally well on a man or on a woman. It's expensive, so get a sample or decant first. I think you'll be surprised by how well blended this one is. Very good.
8.0/10

Something from the 70's?
This scent takes me back in time in a good way. The bergamot is usually a winner with me, but that is not what I am picking up. It is a strong powder blast, long lasting and staying true and constant. Is this called linear? I still like it very much, but wouldn't buy a FB.

new role
Rose is a flower in the same way that sandalwood is a wood, and vanilla is a spice. Each is so definitive of its category, that it supersedes the classification. With this star quality rose tends to be difficult to hide. The only reason this predicament isn't a problem is that nobody wants to hide the rose.

But if you are a perfumer, there is another nagging problem with the rose: the Beauty Dilemma. The scent of rose is beautiful. So what? What do you do with it? After the the soliflor, the rose chypre, the bouquet, the amber-rose, the rose-oud, the thorny rose--what do you do? Lyric Woman finds a new role for rose and it's not just the same schtick with a different costume and a new score. Rose isn't the star. In Lyric, rose is the narrator.

Lyric has an awful lot packed into it, yet it doesn't come off as overburdened. The Rose serves to temper the experience from the fireworks of bergamot in the topnotes through the spicy heart to the resinous-rose finale. The rose mediates the huge cast of other notes, and the perfume feels lighter than you would expect. No less potent, just not so demanding. The basenotes are a pleasant surprise. The rose-frankincense pairing apparent from the very start of the perfume remains to the end, but there's a savory, nutty quality as well that suggests sandalwood or saffron. Exciting ride, soft landing.

From a land of a multi-millennial tradition of rose-incense pairings come this little twist. We've seen all the ingredients before, but it's a new recipe.

from scenthurdle.com
10.0 10.0 8.0/10

A Perfect Signature Scent for Anna Nicole Smith
When former pole dancer Anna Nicole Smith's monthly income leapt from $240 to $50K, she was probably looking for something to fill the role played up to that point in her life by Dana TABU, and Amouage LYRIC WOMAN would have done quite nicely. Alas, it was produced in 2008, fourteen years after her marriage and, may she rest in peace, one year after her tragic passing.

I mean disrespect neither to Anna Nicole nor to Amouage in saying this, for LYRIC WOMAN is one sizzling number, both sumptuous and powerfully seductive at the same time. There is definitely a touch of the je ne sais quoi that only TABU provides, and it's nice to know that upwardly mobile wild and crazy gals are not *required* to don aldehyde bombs such as no. 5 and the like.

LYRIC offers deep velvety, blackish-red roses amidst enough oriental components to make the composition something of an exotic dream complete with smoky dens of ill-repute. This is a marvelous perfume, and should my income ever skyrocket to $50K per month, I might well don it now and then too!
7.5 10.0 7.5 10.0/10

Amouage Amore
Circa 1928 a Brothal/cafe in a fictional
district seedy rundown with Chinese lattices made of dark Burgandy torn velvet curtians make by yester years
Cigerette Burns' Cats Roaming around
Black lacqaured beaded curtian hangs
overdoor murky brown red with white flowers wallpaper over the walls
Red lights Dimmly gives a sensual
intrigue that you can't Dechipher Questioning yourself what is this is this a dream of a reality

Old men Smoking Opium Fat Barmaids laughing with the customers. A place Artists Washed up actors Actresses
Authors Transvestites Bums degenerates The Lowest of the Low And discuss things that will make the Puritans
or any decent Church goer to shock.
you walk across the hallway and come to a room where everything Goes Origies
Drinking Opium the Beautiful people people are there drugs A silent Black and white Movie projecting on the screen Featuring Theda Bara also known
Arab Death. with her Black Bulging eyes
Glaring opan your soul
and Next to you is an actor of your wildest dreams Tony Leung as the charactor from the movie L'Amant (The Lovers)
Next the You.
This is not a Good girl Perfume
This will make Velma Kelly a Saint
If you want to be sexy or be a little naughty This is it.

JoaoMartins 9 months ago

by Savanoja
by ConnyDuft
by ConnyDuft

Popular Amouage

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Reflection Man by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Ciel Woman by Amouage Gold Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Gold Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Fate Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage